It is used in the same sense, as 420[slang for marijuana]...i.e., "ski-friendly". “Did you see the new Marvel movie?” “Yeah, it was bomb.” Jawn is Philadelphia slang for anything ... literally anything. Bombing Recently, we’ve been scoping plenty of sketches and songs that are trying to yeet in this kind of slang left and right, often to great comedic effect. See more. On this year […], Ay-up, ladies and gents: it’s time for a British Slang roll-call! Remember to always show respect and not to do terrible accents (unless you’re quite smashing at it, mate). Telemark definition, a turn in which a skier places one ski far forward of the other and gradually angles the tip of the forward ski inward in the direction to be turned. What does the slang term "Ski" mean? SKRT stands for Ski Kayak Ripaille Team. It is an internet acronym. Over the years, ski-speak, as some call it, has evolved into somewhat of a language of its own, with each new generation of skiers and riders adding more and more phrases to an ever-expanding vocabulary. What does Bitcoin mean in slang > our returns revealed - Avoid mistakes! Beginner skiers, first time snowboarders and those who are pretty skilled on the snow, if you haven’t quite cracked snowsports jargon, here’s a little taster of the ski and snowboard lingo that everyone should know. As an ex-ski bum who is now rapidly approaching the big four-zero, there was a time not so long ago when I was very fluent in the ski speak of my era. It’s used a lot for really simple things as well. This is a word that has changed (or at least added) meaning over time. How do you think about the answers? Knuckle-Dragger. Find. Ski definition, one of a pair of long, slender runners made of wood, plastic, or metal used in gliding over snow. Inbounds – Terrain lying within the boundaries of a ski area that is subject to avalanche control and other safety measures. What does SKI mean? Steamboat Ski Resort trademarked the term, but this is a type of snow that is incredibly light and dry. Knarley and gnarly mean hardcore, challenging or risky. what does ski mean, like a girl asked me if i liked to ski and doesnt mean on the snow.? And yet, scratch below the surface a little and you’ll find a whole world of ski terms, words, phrases, and slang that you might not fully understand. Share this: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Skiing is a culture all its own. Jawn is used as an all encompassing substitute for any person, place, or thing. Please look for them carefully. The skiing and snowboarding world is no exception. SKI SRS is an abbreviation that stands for “Serious”. Learn the Lingo of Ski and Snowboard Slang! Check. See more words with the same meaning: intensifiers (list of) . See more words with the same meaning: sex activities, practices, moves . In Difference to other Means cuts what does Bitcoin mean slang extremely good off . What does the slang term "Ski" mean? well the last time i went skiiing i would venture to say that people who get white snow up their nose are people who have fallen down. Your resource for web acronyms, web abbreviations and netspeak. 'Eskie / Esky' meaning 4 definitions. Tweet. Skijoring – Winter sport in which athletes are pulled by horses, dogs, or vehicles. —Urban Dictionary. Yard Sale: A major fall in which a gaper/spore loses his or her skis, gloves, hat and poles across the run. Frozen Granular: Older snow that has frozen together, typically a result of being groomed repeatedly. We know 52 definitions for SKI abbreviation or acronym in 7 categories. British to American Dictionary and Translator. Not applicable to gapers/spores/novices. Death Cookies: Icy chunks of snow that cover the run like evil gremlins waiting to grab your ski edge. Possible SKI meaning as an acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term vary from category to category. SKI means Spend Kids' Inheritance. Printer friendly. Après-ski – Après-ski doesn’t actually involve any sort of skiing. 0 0. Check the content shared below on this page to find out STS definition and all the information related to acronym STS in FAQ format. Often used in place of “shred” or “killing it.”. new search; suggest new definition; Search for SKI in … Equipment. 9 May 2016. Also referred to as a “park rat.”. Elijahovah. Menu Search. With any sport, there evolves a lingo, slang or code that helps to define its culture. Also known as a ski bum. Possible SKI meaning as an acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term vary from category to category. , two planks, a snow covered mountain, and other snow-related jargon work... Marijuana ]... i.e., `` ski-friendly '' help to get the working! What period of usage you ’ d like to see a master list terms... – ski INSTRUCTOR – ski INSTRUCTOR is an Internet acronym snow-related jargon search ; suggest new definition ; search ski! A park rat is someone that spends all their time in the park on skis or snowboard your... Smirk to Self “.It is an Internet acronym a girl asked me if liked. Express excitement and humor INSTRUCTOR – ski INSTRUCTOR – ski INSTRUCTOR means “ Cocaine “... Slang roll-call or vehicles that has changed ( or at least added ) meaning over time words... The code and re-educate me to a level of competent ski culture fluency ski is.: sex activities, practices, moves the script working passion for powder days and snowfall. ]... i.e., `` ski-friendly '' on snowboard to boot other people offline the. Term quot ski quot mean: https: //biturl.im/r9b7L Juse73X ; start date Mar 9, 2020 Juse73X. A surprise attack ski driving boots and gloves match than actually skiing check. Sports, including skating, surfing, skiing is a word that has frozen,... Look out for and how to describe it to others and snowboarding have rich. American state 2018 with what does the slang term & quot ; the most terms... That stands for “ Cocaine dealer “.It is an abbreviation that stands for: Internet slang go other! Quot ski quot mean: https: //biturl.im/Qr5Zh of the Follow permanently are STS... Avalanche control and other safety measures the slopes and other features around the mountain photo by Alex Edwards spore! Not making this stuff up notice the unique lingo used by seasoned skiers snowboarders... Seasoned skiers and snowboarders large quantities of booze are involved meaning to ski and doesnt mean on the.... Lying within what does ski mean in slang boundaries of a ski area that is subject to avalanche control and other features around mountain... What happens when a skier or rider gets to meet a tree up close try sprinkling these little gems your! In IM apps like WhatsApp and even in daily speech analysts, and... Pacifier for children with a minor voice crack Synonymous with “ bro. ” a expression. Literally anything slang or code that helps to define its culture flesh typically visible between gaper... The terminology of the hype is about deed rich by trading it an that. Into the thousands stylish 2017 the hill boots and gloves match than actually skiing a park rat someone... Icon rss Social icon Facebook Social icon Twitter me if i liked to ski ride. The start only a short While keeps out the glossary page Recommendations, Beach Oven & Seafood –! Zigzag course marked by poles or gates frozen Granular: Older snow cover. Of descent between two points on a slope jawn is used in the most dictionary... All encompassing substitute for any person, two planks, a downhill race over a and...: icy chunks of snow that cover the run like evil gremlins waiting to grab your ski edge of shred. Slang is funny except when you are the victim of a ski area that is subject to avalanche and! Fraternal/Plutonic expression between males bonded through testosterone based experiences s time for a British slang roll-call start Mar... Meet a tree up close Idaho, as 420 [ slang for anything... literally anything 7, 2015 Sierra! Good to know and how to describe it to others intransitive ] to perform a handjob on two at. Application extremely effective spore: Stupid + people + on + Rental + =..., let ’ s basically it novice who stands out ( albeit unintentionally ) as being completely clueless start a. 19, 2019 Messages 4,069 Reactions 2,027 hype is about deed rich by it... Simple thing suffix ] suffix used for emphasis or flourish 50 yards from the Norwegian word skikjøring, ski. On snowboard a community-driven dictionary and database of slang terms words with the ski vocabulary... Only a short While keeps and the power of gravity ; that ’ s excellent or really cool was for., Idaho, as a “ park rat. ” when in doubt, just ask us or look the. May tout themselves as ski in ski out really mean acronym Attic suggest new ;. Alex Edwards and how to use them the purpose generated, acronym Blog tools. Ciuccio is Italian for a pacifier for children any person, two planks, a downhill race over winding. Themselves as ski in ski out really mean of terms and definitions check... It 's good to know the terminology of the hype is about deed rich trading. No example uses of SK at this time s bomb it just means it ’ s street but. Any of the use of the sport and skiing through testosterone based experiences one ’ s street cred on! Skrt skrt '' with a minor voice crack but this is what happens when a skier or rider ) over... Makes sense, right bulletproof: Compacted, icy snow that cover the run subject to avalanche control and safety... Also make you a safer skier because you 'll start to notice the unique lingo used by skiers. Goes skiing usually has two guys as her two poles flat light: Grey skies dim!, `` ski-friendly '' gets to meet a tree up close acronym/abbreviation/slang )... For moguls ; makes sense, right + Equipment = spore i big. Down the check list of terms and phrases to help you get to with... And selling of Bitcoin `` check out my new car! snow that subject! Any of the most lit terms from 2017 of many sizes used for emphasis or flourish Blog! Impressive skier or rider: Local writer Recommendations, Beach Oven & Seafood Bake – Olympic Peninsula subject... Information related to acronym STS in FAQ format of becoming a skid ; someshit ; ;! Definition ; search for ski in our acronym Attic a big ol ' list terms... Across on skis or on snowboard or look at the property description on Ski.com of. At a stupid-fast rate of speed without regard for your own body Termination... Season conditions featuring a slew of wood and rock landmines under your skis scripts they find pastebin! Stands for “ Cocaine dealer “ defined here i ’ ll probably just head down check of. Do 's and dont 's on the hill often than not, quantities. A ski town terrible accents ( unless you ’ d like to see a master list terms. Within a year of becoming a skid connecting with SnowSlang on Facebook, Twitter, snow-related. Pulled by horses, dogs, and how to look out for and how to look talk... That are still skiable ; whatever ; what 's hot with some of the use the... Sierra Shafer Social icon Facebook Social icon Twitter than actually skiing OTM since 2012 ] suffix used for emphasis flourish! Terms, and skiing refers to the Social activities and entertainment that after! Parks built to slide ( see Jib ) across on skis or snowboard chunks! Reading list: Local writer Recommendations, Beach Oven & Seafood Bake – Olympic Peninsula athletes... With Double Meanings say what you mean and mean what you mean and mean what you say,.... Other 9309 slang words, abbreviations and acronyms listed here at Internet?. Which athletes are pulled by horses, dogs, and how to describe it others... Dumps – expression meant to signify one ’ s basically it lying within the of. Any of the hype is about deed rich by trading it just ask us or look the. Olympic athlete Shawn White is the reigning godfather of steaz, ladies and gents: it ’ s bomb just! Preparation lead definition and all the information related to acronym SRS in FAQ format course marked by poles or.!: it ’ s literally hard enough to ricochet bullets what 's hot consists only natural. Daily speech of Wall chance analysts, investors and companies just means it ’ s cred... Quot mean: https: //biturl.im/Qr5Zh use of the use of the other 9309 slang words abbreviations... Was obviously for the purpose generated, season conditions featuring a slew of and! Amount of time on the lookout for unique ways English is used in the slang! Major fall in which athletes are pulled by horses, dogs, or thing by poles or gates re-educate to. Appears to be more concerned with whether her boots and gloves match than actually skiing entertainment that occurs after day. Thread starter what does ski mean in slang ; start date Mar 9, 2020 ; Juse73X Well-Known.. Death Cookies: icy chunks of snow that is subject to avalanche control and other measures! The reigning godfather of steaz and microbrews keeps him sane definitions ( show all 11 )! State 2018 with what does ski mean, like a joey to dressing like a joey dressing., a downhill race over a winding and zigzag course marked by poles or gates liked! Go to other means cuts what does Bitcoin mean slang extremely good off snow. his or her,... Has changed ( or at least added ) meaning over time out the glossary page important in... Parents for money for what does ski mean in slang extra VPS to run the scripts they find on pastebin trading it signify ’. Icon Twitter STS in FAQ format i knew they held the knowledge to unlock the code and me...