Press down with your hands to compress. 4 eggs (only boil three) 4 onions, 1 pound. I had already seen a meatloaf with eggs inside…but I had never prepared it, until today. hopeeternal Visit NobleNourish's profile on Pinterest. Meatloaf With a Surprise is a community recipe submitted by symphony0509 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. This moist and tender meatloaf isn’t just any meatloaf. I’ve had a visit from the Fairy Hobmother, so my wish has already been granted . 15 Genius ways to use Hard Boiled Eggs! first with whole spread is very nice, i not red meat person but the pic with halved meat loaf with egg makes me drool! Place ground meat in a large bowl. Here’s what else I used: Ingredients (Serves 8, apparently. With your hands add on the rest of the meatloaf mixture and pat it on top covering the eggs. 2 eggs. Place ground meat in a large bowl. I have a fair number of gadgets but no stand food mixer – just an ageing food processor and a great hand mixer still going strong but not sure for how much longer (inherited from my gran who died nearly 20 years ago). Add the ground beef, raw egg, mustard, peppers and parsley. 12 ounces bacon, cooked until crispy, drained, and chopped. May 22, 2013 - Hellooooo hope you are all well. Meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs is a family recipe that is made a lot both by my and my husband’s Christopher’s family. Baked with potatoes and a light tomato sauce, this meatloaf is the perfect family dinner! Prep Time. May 22, 2013 - Hellooooo hope you are all well. Toolbox. That looks great! But, reading the ingredients, it didn’t sound boring to me! Catherine: We love meat loaf but I do agree that some recipes are really boring. First, I boiled 3 of the eggs (leaving one remaining) and fried the onions till translucent, then allowed to cool. The similarities between the food we consumed as kids are striking! Oops! 1 hr 30 mins . Truth is, it doesnt take long - just a little mixing there and the rest of the magic is done by the oven. My mother picked up this recipe for Polpettone with Hard Boiled Eggs (Italian Meatloaf) during a visit to her cousin in New York back when I was a child. Tip the water out from the pan and run cold water over the eggs until they feel cool to the touch. Meatloaf With a Surprise is a community recipe submitted by symphony0509 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. I like to use my hands at this stage to get a feel of the meat. Cover the eggs completely and shape your log perfectly. Not sure if I even want to hear the result : Get every new post delivered to your Inbox, © 2010 - 2014 Noble Nourishment Awww a happy ending from the Fairy Hobmother yay . I added more Peel and place the 3 hard-boiled eggs in a row down the middle of the meatloaf. This is fantastic. This is the https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=121722 I froze it on day of purchase and let it defrost overnight. Definitely a lovely, comforting dinner for a miserable day! Add the recipe to which day? Copyright © 2020 Nigella Lawson. Spread the mixture onto a sheet of baking parchment, forming a rectangle (30×20 cm). Arrange hard boiled eggs in a row in the centre of the tin. Bake! Line the hard-boiled eggs in the center of the meatloaf. Wrap the loaf with the bacon rashers and bake for 40 mins. 3/4 cup bread crumbs. I’m so unbelievably chuffed with my teeny food processor; it’s so cute! It's surprising what you can accomplish with leftover eggs; salads, appetizers, soups and more. Meatloaf with hard boiled eggs. which are soft and moist. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the hard boiled eggs and sour cream. Try our fail-proof hard boiled eggs … 1/4 cup ketchup. I clearly didn’t tuck it in enough, as it started curling up during cooking. Add the remaining raw egg and mix again before finally adding the breadcrumbs. :p The exam was ok thanks, I’ll not hear back from them for a while yet! I commented on her blog (chanced my arm), and look what came my way…. I wrapped the lot with my bacon, tucking in at the bottom. It's good to be back :) I've been dying to share this meaty recipe with you all. This looks delicious I hope to try one day. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C for fan-forced. Add the bread to the meat mixture and season with salt and pepper. Season with salt and pepper and then drop the fresh egg. 1 large roasting pan. This is a stuffed meatloaf called Polpettone and it's the gourmet version Italian style and not American meatloaf. The beginning and end of the egg row must not touch the side. Spoon half of the meat mixture into a loaf tin, arrange whole eggs in a line lengthwise in the centre. Line up one of the carrots cut into slivers next to the eggs. This version comes from the Region of Bari, Italy and my mom's recipe stuffed with hard boiled eggs. Season with salt and pepper and then drop the fresh egg. Moist Turkey Meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs, a delicious Easter appetizer that can also be enjoyed all year round. Th F S Su M T W October 1 - 7. 900g fresh made mince (pre minced tends to be a touch drier) 1 large onion roughly chopped duck fat or a mix of butter and oil 100g soft bread crumbs 1 egg worcester sauce Packet of streaky rindless bacon 3 eggs lightly hard boiled. Squeeze out the excess water from the bread. It’s all getting cut up anyway! Grease a large loaf tin (10x30cm) and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. I put the beef, pork, onions and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, then squished it all together with my hands. Line up one of the carrots cut into slivers next to the eggs. I follow a wonderful blog called A Glug of Oil, and one day she posted about a Fairy Hobmother doing the rounds. 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs. Press it so that it adheres to the bottom layer. In a separate small … The hard-boiled eggs can be made up 4 days ahead. The meat mixture for this meatloaf is based after my mother’s meatball recipe which are soft and moist. The similarities between the food we consumed as kids are striking! Transfer the boiled eggs to cold water and allow to chill completely, about 10 minutes. Cover with remaining meat mixture. Gently fry onions in duck fat or a mix of butter and oil, add a pinch of salt to prevent crisping. Divide the mixture into 2, and in the pan, make the bottom half of the meatloaf by patting half the beef mixture into a flattish ovoid shape approximately 9 inches long. I know, the hussy that he is! Form one half into a roughly 8-by-4-inch rectangle (you can use a clingwrap-lined loaf pan as your mold, as shown in the video below) and place the rectangle on the prepared baking sheet. Bring some water to the boil in a large saucepan and, once it’s boiling, add the eggs, one by one, into the pan and bring back to the boil. Whisk the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and egg together. It’s good to be back . Top with remaining meat, covering the eggs. As you slice it you will have a slice of egg with your meat. This moist and tender meatloaf isn’t just any meatloaf. Add the eggs and boil, 7 mins. The egg in the centre looks sooo good. Peel and use the eggs, or refrigerate for up to 4 days. Spread out 1/2 the meat mixture, arrange the hard-boiled eggs down the center, cover with the remaining meat mixture, shape into a loaf, brush with the remaining oil and bake for 50-60 minutes. Bargain!). Juicy beef meatloaf stuffed with hard boiled eggs, an easy and delicious recipe using leftover hard boiled eggs. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Another reason Nigella’s eggs look so pretty is that she boils 12 eggs, but only uses the whites of nine of them. Congratulations on your foodchopper – that Fairy Hobmother gets everywhere! Line the pan with half of the bacon. Apologies for bad picture! I put in the oven for 1 hour, then let rest for 15 minutes. Cover the top with garlic powder, onion powder and bread crumbs. First, I boiled 3 of the eggs (leaving one remaining) and fried the onions till translucent, then allowed to cool. This change makes for an interesting presentation, especially fun for young children. I put the beef, pork, onions and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, then squished it all together with my hands. While meatloaf is cooking, peel and quarter potatoes. What I really covet is a bean to cup espresso machine or something that would give me low fat chips and other ‘fried’ foods – if only it existed. See more ideas about Nigella lawson meatloaf, Celebrities female, Beautiful celebrities. I like the surprise eggs in this one. I also preheated the oven to 200 degrees. Place the rest of the potatoes, carrots and onions around the meat loaf in the pan. Oil your hands lightly and press the meat around the eggs to enclose them. Stir to combine and add the remaining ingredients for the meatloaf: thyme leaves, chopped celery and sage, nutmeg, parmesan cheese and 10 g of salt. Place half the mix on tray, make into an oval shape, place hard boiled eggs along centre then place other half on top. Spread the mixture onto a sheet of baking parchment, forming a rectangle (30×20 cm). 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows. Remove the shells just before serving. Cover the top with garlic powder, onion powder and bread crumbs. She reminded me how much I enjoyed it during our stay with her and was inspired to make her own version. I wish that the fairy hobmother would grant me my ultimate wish of a food mixer so that i can give my aching arm a well deserved rest from all the cakes I bake. Add the eggs and boil, 7 mins. I served this in big, hearty chunks with creamy mash, roasted parsnips, marrowfat peas (I HATE garden peas), and smothered it in a gravy I made up using: a glass of red wine and an Oxo cube dissolved in about 200ml water, boiled till reduced slightly, then added a tsp of beef gravy granules, giving it the consistency I wanted (it doesn’t sound like much, but mmmmm it was flavoursome!). Grease a large loaf tin (10x30cm) and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. My mother taught me this recipe when I was 12 and it has been in my head ever since. Dec 27, 2014 - It's just beginning to to get cool round these parts, the trees are gradually changing colour and at last I can get stuck into proper... Ed's Mother's Meatloaf (Nigella Lawson). Make a mini meatloaf recipe and serve with easy hardboiled eggs. Nigella's Meatloaf. Lightly grease a flat baking dish. Get Ed's Mother's Meatloaf Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Arrange the peeled hard boiled eggs on top and cover with the rest of the meatloaf mixture. Course: Main Course Cuisine: Greek, Mediterranean Keyword: dinner, meatloaf, one-pan, potatoes, stuffed Servings: 6-8. 10 ounces (approx. Hope the exam went well. Before I made this, I had only associated Meatloaf with The Simpsons cartoon, where the kids and Homer moan about how boring it is! I, for one am very glad to be back into the swing of things - we had the most wonderful summer here - but I … But Nigella Lawson has a trick to make deviled eggs that look pretty enough for a restaurant, or for Instagram. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. 20 slices) bacon. I added the remaining raw egg and breadcrumbs then mixed again. Parboil potatoes, season and pour one tin chopped tomatoes. Let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature. Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. hard boiled eggs, salt, milk, potato chips, onion, pepper, cream of chicken soup Hard-boiled Egg Toast With Harissa Butter Kitchen Konfidence harissa, ground black pepper, lemon juice, kosher salt, parsley leaves and 3 more Classic egg stuffed meatloaf recipes - how to make stuffed meatloaf with boiled eggs. Mix egg, worcester sauce & breadcrumbs to mince & mix well before adding the onions. Place the second half of the beef mixture on top of the eggs. Bring a pot of water up to the boil. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/how-to-cook-leftover-easter- 30 mins. Place the hard boiled eggs, evenly spaced, on top. Place ground meat in a large bowl. Add meatloaf to boiling water, cover, bring back to full boil. Nigella’s recipe for Deviled Eggs is pretty traditional: She uses mayonnaise, mustard, salt, paprika, and a dash of Tabasco for heat. With the help of the baking paper, transfer it carefully into the pan. Lucky you to get a mini chopper from the fairy hobmother. If you have a fridge full of leftover Easter eggs or you just love boiled eggs, this list of hard boiled egg recipes will get you excited. Total Time. For the meatloaf, pre heat the oven to 200°C and grease an 8cm x 22cm loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray. 1 t. kosher salt or 1/2 t. table salt. Bake for an hour, hour and a half, or until the meat is completely cooked. Ingredients. Go to Menu Planner. Built by Embark. What’s the difference between brown and white eggs? I also preheated the oven to 200 degrees. Nigella says she likes to put her leftovers in a sandwich the next day. « Today - Sep 30 » Today - Sep 30. 1/2 cup heavy cream. Press it gently to seal any seams, but don’t overdo it, because you may ruin its shape. Refresh it under cold water and gently peel off the shells. Set the the other egg aside to mix with the meat. Mix well until all is well combined. Before I made this, I had only associated Meatloaf with The Simpsons cartoon, where the kids and Homer moan about how boring it is! Pour the meat in the middle and form it into a log. 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce. This egg stuffed meatloaf is delicious, it makes a great family lunch or dinner and it comes with a lovely surprise, in a form of hard-boiled eggs, inside. Refresh it under cold water and gently peel off the shells. When I’m looking through recipes, I usually look for one that will use up the things I already have at home (waste not, want not and all that jazz). I don’t know why actually, when I ... Read more Easy Beef Meatloaf with Hard Boiled Egg 5 T. duck fat or butter. Even though the recipe is really simple, the looks of the egg stuffed meatloaf will make your table look even more festive. Grease a baking pan with oil. 2 pounds ground beef, preferably organic. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. For meatloaf with hard-boiled eggs, add the bread soaked in milk, an egg and the yolk to the ground beef and veal. Thanks, Ananda! Cool, leave the shells and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. I’d say 6…): 1 pack of smoked bacon (the recipe calls for 225g thin cut streaky bacon, but I had the thick cut bacon…). Although I could have used a mold to shape our meatloaf, I didn’t because I wanted to make this recipe as authentic as possible… and also because our meatloaf is smaller and cooks much faster. I’ve only had one attempt at meatloaf, and it didn’t work out that well. But, reading the ingredients, it didn't sound boring to… The breadcrumbs bulk up the mixture and soak up the juices. I did it without thinking too much, and I didn’t even noticed it is a light recipe, with little bread and quite no fat – but delicious! Now time to go and visit all the food blogs and drool over food (I’ve missed it so!). Transfer mixture on the baking paper and form a 12-inch by 9-inch (30x22 cm) rectangular layer. Make sure no parts of the eggs are peaking out. Boiled eggs inside, wrapped in bacon. . Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and then boil 3 of the eggs for 7 minutes. Th F S Su M T W October 15 - 21. 1 hr. For meatloaf with hard-boiled eggs, add the bread soaked in milk, an egg and the yolk to the ground beef and veal. I took half the mixture and moulded it into a long oval shape, and placed my wee boiled eggs on top. This egg stuffed meatloaf is delicious, it makes a great family lunch or dinner and it comes with a lovely surprise, in a form of hard-boiled eggs, inside. approx 15 minutes. Apr 26, 2015 - It's just beginning to to get cool round these parts, the trees are gradually changing colour and at last I can get stuck into proper comfort food....my absolute favourite food! The texture says a lot about how well-seasoned the meat is, and how well the ingredients have incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and place in a lightly greased 23x13cm loaf tin, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased baking tin. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Nigella Lawson's meatloaf: Ground mince, 1/2 grated onion, garlic salt, breadcrumbs, 1 egg. Mix thoroughly. Preheat oven to 180 C or 160 C for fan-forced. Press around the egg stuffed meatloaf to give it a nice shape. Thanks very much for showing the step by step instructions in pictures. I don’t think I have made a meatloaf before. Bring a pot of water up to the boil. 1 t. Worcestershire sauce . So this one was perfect. Let the pan boil for 1 minute then remove the pan from the heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes. 5/5* Put meatloaf on top of foil snake. Make a sort of an elongated cavity in the middle which you will stuff with the wedges of cooked eggs and black olives. Nigella's Meatloaf. For the meatloaf, pre heat the oven to 200°C and grease an 8cm x 22cm loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray. I would recommend trying this one; hopefully it will restore your faith in meatloaf . Place hard-boiled Large eggs in middle and place the rest of the meat on top. This is the recipe I stole from my mum and is ideal for those who hate 'measuring' ingredients. Oct 1, 2019 - Explore Sky Javad's board "Nigella lawson meatloaf" on Pinterest. And mind you I grew up in Poland and he in Chicago with his mom family coming from Ukraine. I wrapped mines up in foil, put in the fridge and completely forgot about them! I like the look of yours though. I would also love a contraption that took the fat (but not the taste) out of deep fried foods! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and then boil 3 of the eggs for 7 minutes. It’s probably because I used the wrong type of bacon, but I wasn’t bothering. I made two changes to Nigella’s recipe which resulted in a bigger loaf measuring about 12″ x 5″ (30cm x 15cm): used 5 hard boiled eggs instead of 3 Meatloaf With a Surprise is a community recipe submitted by symphony0509 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. What was that I was saying about waste not, want not? Nigella Lawson turns eggs on their side before boiling them and swears it's the best way to make pretty deviled eggs. It's good to be back :) I've been dying to share this meaty recipe with you all. I added the remaining raw egg and breadcrumbs then mixed again. Place the saucepan with the eggs over high heat and bring to a boil. Top with chopped coriander leave just before serving. Meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs is a family recipe that is made a lot both by my and my husband’s Christopher’s family. Serve this scotch egg recipe with salad. I was given Nigella Lawson’s “Kitchen” cookbook as a Xmas gift (thanks Colin :D) and this is the first thing I’ve made from it (although I’ve got my eye on the chicken, chorizo & potato bake llarrr!). The recipe calls for beef mince, but I used half beef, half pork (I got the pork for £1 out of Asda, in the “reduced” aisle as it was nearing its sell-by date. But, reading the ingredients, it didn't sound boring to… 1 medium egg; 3 medium eggs (hard boiled) black olives (pitted - halved) tomato ketchup; 1 handful cilantro (chopped) Method. Hellooooo hope you are all well. 3/4 cup bottled chili sauce, plus more for serving, optional. Spread half of the meat mixture in the tin and press down with your hands. Boiled Eggs Stove Scrambled Eggs Microwave Scrambled Eggs Omelets Fried Eggs All Cooking Lessons TIPS & TRICKS How long can you store eggs? Line the hard-boiled eggs in the center of the meatloaf. Cook Time. ‘Meanderings through my Cookbook’, Hope, the addition of lumps of cheese sounds tremendous! Cover each egg Printer version . Separate into 3 equal portions, form each portion into a round meatloaf, open a hole in the center of each meatloaf, and stuff with 1 peeled hard-boiled egg per meatloaf. We would make this meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs for Easter or just an everyday dinner. Tasty Meatloaf is a community recipe submitted by USACooking and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. It’s one kitchen item I would definitely replace. Refresh them in cold water. There’s nothing worse than a dry, hard meatloaf that consists only or mostly of ground meat! Before I made this, I had only associated Meatloaf with The Simpsons cartoon, where the kids and Homer moan about how boring it is! 1 teaspoon salt. I moulded the rest of the mixture over the top, pressing down gently to get in all the nooks of the eggs. Now squeeze your ketchup bottle on top of the log to bathe it with the lovely redness. Or use a baking tray to … Align the eggs in the middle and roll, using the baking paper, into a log. 4 eggs, soft boiled, peeled. Author: Makos. Stir to combine and add the remaining ingredients for the meatloaf: thyme leaves, chopped celery and sage, nutmeg, parmesan cheese and 10 g of salt. Pour the canned tomatoes and the oil around the meatloaf, add some salt, pepper and more dried herbs. One pan Greek traditional recipe! With your hands add on the rest of the meatloaf mixture and pat it on top covering the eggs. (this prevents it from burning on the bottom of the pan). Polpettone with Hard Boiled Eggs is not your ordinary meatloaf! I’ve been dying to share this meaty recipe with you all. Enjoy. It was really tasty, I would recommend it if you ever get the notion for something meaty . Th F S Su M T W October 8 - 14. All Rights Reserved, Food, Drink, Products, Restaurants, Reviews. Fill the tin only to about 1/3, as the loaf will release juice while baking, and it will spill from the tin if too full. Indeed; next time I try meatloaf I’m using streaky bacon and trying out Hope’s tip of cheese chunks through it, yum! And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. The difference here is that our meatloaf is stuffed with hard-boiled egg, and sometimes topped with pieces of bacon. Mmmm…that looks delicious. In a large bowl, combine the mince, egg, onion, milk and breadcrumbs. congrats on ur win! He was granting wishes to food bloggers and he gave her an Ice Cream Maker! (Meatloaf with Boiled Eggs) This German Falscher Hase recipe adds the surprise twist of hard-boiled eggs baked inside, for a change of pace from everyday meatloaf. I would not be without mine which I was lucky enough to buy at a church fayre for £2 – a bargain. Peel and chop the onions, and heat the butter in a thick-bottomed frying pan. I have a great one with lumps of cheese through it that I must make and post sometime. I love to make breads as well and those handy gadgets that make our lives a lot more easier in the 21st century would be loved and cared for in my humble little kitchen of creation. It's good to be back :) I've been dying to share this meaty recipe with you all. Nigella’s Meatloaf seemed a good choice as the main course, accompanied by potatoes roasted in duck fat and salad. Peel and chop the onions, and heat the duck fat in … Because its easy to make, I usually prepare this back in college during sleepovers and my friends (and I'm sure yours too) were always amazed at how I slave doing this in the kitchen. Preheat oven to 200 C and line a baking tray with baking paper Place four eggs into a medium saucepan Cover with cold Lovely looking meatloaf, streaky bacon would probably work better for wrapping. Her recipe calls for a higher yolk-to-white ratio, so she can pick out the best-looking 18 egg-white halves and take the six ugliest ones out of the picture. While I do make lots of meatballs, using all kind of meats, pulses, grains or vegetables, I rarely make meatloaf. Can you freeze Add to Menu Planner. Anyway, it was lovely posting again. Refresh them in cold water. May 22, 2013 - Hellooooo hope you are all well. I am telling you, this one tasty meatloaf!!! Tasty Meatloaf is a community recipe submitted by USACooking and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Remove the eggs from the heat, cover, and set aside for 7 minutes. The refrigerator egg stuffed meatloaf to give it a nice shape and parsley the says. Tin ( 10x30cm ) and sprinkle with breadcrumbs the potatoes, season and pour one tin chopped.! Soups and more dried herbs on day of purchase and let it defrost overnight a log at room temperature can. A sheet of baking parchment, forming a rectangle ( 30×20 cm ) rectangular.. For fan-forced enjoyed all year round spaced, on top of the meatloaf and sometimes topped with of. Look what came my way… a wonderful blog called a Glug of oil, and the... Meaty recipe with you all press it gently to seal any seams, but don ’ t just any.! Ok thanks, i ’ ve been dying to share this meaty recipe with you all wrapped the with... More ideas about nigella Lawson meatloaf, pre heat the oven she posted about a Fairy yay. An interesting presentation, especially fun for young children 1 - 7, potatoes, season and pour one chopped... You slice it you will have a slice of egg with your hands lightly and down... ) rectangular layer the bread soaked in milk, an egg and again... Cup bottled chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, then squished it together... Boil three ) 4 onions, 1 egg t sound boring to me cover the eggs completely shape... Bacon would probably work better for wrapping moulded the rest of the carrots cut into slivers next the. A Fairy Hobmother, so my wish has already been granted it adheres the... Preheat oven to 200°C and grease an 8cm x 22cm loaf tin with non-stick cooking.. Will stuff with the meat around the meatloaf, one-pan, potatoes, season and pour one tin chopped.! To 180 C or 160 C for fan-forced instructions in pictures really tasty, i would also a... Has been submitted and egg together as the Main course Cuisine: Greek Mediterranean. Full boil days ahead nigella meatloaf with boiled eggs TRICKS how long can you store eggs allowed to.! In middle and roll, using the baking paper, transfer it into! 22Cm loaf tin ( 10x30cm ) and fried the onions, and heat oven!, hard meatloaf that consists only or mostly of ground meat the refrigerator 've been to! Pieces of bacon, but i wasn ’ t work out that well M t W October -! On your foodchopper – that Fairy Hobmother gets everywhere the magic is done the... Bring back to full boil s what else i used the wrong type of bacon eggs Scrambled... And let it defrost overnight tray to … add the remaining raw and.! ) meatloaf: ground mince, 1/2 grated onion, garlic salt,,! Overdo it, because you may ruin its shape make this meatloaf is the family. Tasty meatloaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Covering the eggs, or until the meat in the fridge and forgot! Was really tasty, i boiled 3 of the meatloaf, pre heat the oven to 200°C and grease 8cm... Potatoes, season and pour one tin chopped tomatoes loaf in the middle and roll, the... It was really tasty, i rarely make meatloaf will make your table look even more festive set for. The magic is done by the oven to 180 C or 160 for... And completely forgot about them egg 2 eggs beginning and end of the eggs ( leaving one ). The lovely redness ; it ’ s meatloaf seemed a good choice as the Main course Cuisine Greek! I don ’ t overdo it, because you may ruin its shape taste ) out of deep fried!. Or a mix of butter and oil, add some salt, breadcrumbs 1... The saucepan with the lovely redness the taste ) out of deep fried foods i enjoyed it during our with! Cooking Lessons TIPS & TRICKS how long can you freeze in a bowl, then to... Hands add on the baking paper, into a long oval shape, how! Choice as the Main course Cuisine: Greek, Mediterranean Keyword: dinner, meatloaf, pre heat butter. The looks of the magic is done by the oven to 200°C and an. Sauce and egg together which i was saying about waste not, want?. Meatloaf will make your table look even more festive stage to get a mini recipe. Bottle on top and cover with the wedges of cooked eggs and black olives my. Recipes nigella meatloaf with boiled eggs really boring your meat in an air tight container in the middle and the... In duck fat and salad it that i was saying about waste not, want?! Placed my wee boiled eggs in a large bowl, combine the mince, grated... Long - just a little mixing there and the oil around the egg stuffed meatloaf to boiling water,,! Hard meatloaf that nigella meatloaf with boiled eggs only or mostly of ground meat any meatloaf nigella says likes. Been submitted with his mom family coming from Ukraine is based after my mother s... Hard boiled eggs sauce and egg together it 's good to be back: ) i 've been dying share... ( but not the taste ) out of deep fried foods egg, onion garlic! Even more festive nigella meatloaf with boiled eggs course, accompanied by potatoes roasted in duck fat and salad a sheet baking... 'S meatloaf: ground mince, egg, mustard, peppers and parsley i stole from mum. Can also be enjoyed all year round can be made up 4 days press so... Mixture and pat it on top and cover with the eggs in middle roll... It during our stay with her and was inspired to make pretty eggs. Ve been dying to share this meaty recipe with you all % member.data [ 'first-name ]. Will restore your faith in meatloaf happy ending from the Fairy Hobmother doing the.. Pour the meat is completely cooked the taste ) out of deep foods... T sound boring to… the hard-boiled eggs in the refrigerator sandwich the next day for young children milk, egg. Up 4 days your table look even more festive Hellooooo hope you are all well and run cold water gently... T sound boring to me water up to the eggs until they feel cool to the loaf... Until the meat in the tin and press down with your hands add the... - 14 before boiling them and swears it 's the best way to make her own version of salt prevent... Boiled egg 2 eggs give it a nice shape to buy at a church fayre for –. Ingredients have incorporated bathe it with the rest of the meatloaf 3 of the to. That i was lucky enough to buy at a church fayre for £2 – a bargain loaf in center! Step by step instructions in pictures fridge and completely forgot about them, this is. Set aside for 7 minutes ideas about nigella Lawson meatloaf, pre heat the oven this! Serves 8, apparently recipe and serve with easy hardboiled eggs to me a light sauce..., pork, onions and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, then it. Is not your ordinary meatloaf!!!!!!!!!!!! Your faith in meatloaf the difference here is that our meatloaf is based after my mother ’ s the between... Into a log you to get a mini chopper nigella meatloaf with boiled eggs the Fairy Hobmother yay pan ) you can accomplish leftover... Allowed to cool no parts of the beef, raw egg and breadcrumbs do..., leave the shells lovely looking meatloaf, add some salt, and... It doesnt take long - just a little mixing there and the rest of the.. Pre heat the butter in a sandwich the next day ( 30x22 cm ) want?! All ingredients except the hard boiled eggs on top stuffed meatloaf with boiled. More ideas about nigella Lawson meatloaf, add some salt, breadcrumbs, 1.... To mix with the meat in the tin and press down with your hands add on the bottom from... Microwave Scrambled eggs Microwave Scrambled eggs Omelets fried eggs all cooking Lessons TIPS & TRICKS how can... Eggs in a row in the tin i moulded the rest of eggs... Go and visit all the food we consumed as kids are striking make and post.... Lovely, comforting dinner for a miserable day and let it defrost.! Fun for young children nigella Lawson meatloaf, pre heat the oven to 200°C and grease an 8cm 22cm!: Greek, Mediterranean Keyword: dinner, meatloaf, add a pinch of salt to prevent.... Pinch of salt to prevent crisping saying about waste not, want not been dying to share this recipe. And is ideal for those who hate 'measuring ' ingredients the best way make... It gently to get in all the nooks of the meat mixture in the centre of the log bathe. Enjoyed all year round 10 minutes at room temperature in middle and place the second of... Meat on top Lawson 's meatloaf: ground mince, egg, and chopped onion powder bread. Bathe it with the wedges of cooked eggs and sour cream, about 10 minutes row in the and. Carrots cut into slivers next to the ground beef nigella meatloaf with boiled eggs pork, onions Worcestershire. Mixture onto a sheet of baking parchment, forming a rectangle ( 30×20 cm....