https://www.bobbiskozykitchen.com/2015/04/cilantro-lime-crema.html In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients until well combined. Taste it, and adjust the salt, garlic, and lime to your preference. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. The result is very similar to what is sold in the supermarkets as “sour cream”. Whatever you do, don’t skip this yogurt topping! In a small bowl combine the Greek yogurt, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, water, and lime juice. Add in the ½ cup Greek yogurt, garlic clove, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and the ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt. Whisk or stir it together until it is completely combined and smooth. 1 large garlic clove , peeled and smashed. It should be thin enough to … If you use 0%, the sauce won't be nearly as rich in flavor/consistency. I'm a trained chef, food blogger, and photographer. It’s super smooth, rich, and creamy. This recipe is quite flexible so you can adjust the amounts of the ingredients used to your liking. … But because it’s SO good, I tend to make a large batch to have leftovers so I can enjoy it as a salad dressing on the next day, and it also makes a perfect dip for chips. FOR THE CREMA: Place greek yogurt, lime juice, salt, pepper, and two slices (to start) of jalapeño in a blender. To make the lime crema, place the Greek yogurt or sour cream in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish. Delicious! *If you don't like a lot of lime, start with the juice of 1/2 a lime in the crema. https://www.missallieskitchen.com/healthy-taco-lime-greek-yogurt-dressing Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 20 minutes. Place fish on a baking sheet brushed with vegetable oil. To make lime yogurt topping, combine yogurt, lime juice, zest, honey, parsley and salt and pepper, if desired; whisk until smooth. Canola oil. Puree until you have a smooth sauce and give it a taste. 2 cups Greek yogurt, such as Fage 0% ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro Juice of 1 fresh lime 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Stir together the yogurt, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Rich, zesty cream to drizzle over tacos, or to use as a dip or salad dressing. I'm Diana and I love cooking with fresh, and seasonal ingredients. The chipotle lime crema made with greek yogurt and lime juice is light and bright yet satisfies that desire for creaminess at the same time, making this recipe perfect for those who are looking to cut back on … Pit your avocado and remove the flesh from the skin. … 1/4 cup low-fat sour-cream or greek yogurt; 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice or white vinegar; 3 tablespoons Olive Oil; 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt; 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper; Water; Instructions. Your email address will not be published. Heat grill to medium high heat. Process until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Step 1 Purée jalapeño, yogurt, cilantro, mint, lime juice, cumin, and a generous pinch of salt in a blender until very smooth. Read More Think of a tangy, lively, citrusy, and creamy sauce designed to mellow watermelon’s sweetness while adding a satisfying coating throughout your mouth. This rich, creamy, and zesty dip is what you need to drizzle over everything from tacos and fajitas, to soups and salads. Add fresh lime juice and cilantro. Dips are one thing that usually need just a few simple ingredients, and 5 minutes to make, but they always take your food to the next level! Top with red cabbage, jalapeño slices, avocado, and cilantro. Hello and welcome to Little Sunny Kitchen! I've made this at least 4 times and it's always great! The yogurt is nice and light while still giving the sauce a tangy taste and added protein. Enjoy with tortilla chips or on top of tacos or taco salads. I used nonfat greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, and I used tilapia instead of red snapper. Another variation of this lime crema is to add cilantro to the mixture as well. 2 tablespoons lime juice Smoky Tomato-Greek Yogurt Crema: 3 plum tomatoes, halved. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the Greek yogurt and seasonings, and finish blending until smooth. Halve and pit the avocado and scoop out the flesh using a spoon, into a food processor or blender. More about me! Then we put a nice, big dollop of lime Greek yogurt ‘crema’. Take a corn tortilla and place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top. Privacy Policy, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). Add the sour cream, garlic and salt to the bowl and stir everything together until it's combined and … Season to taste with salt and pepper. https://colleenchristensennutrition.com/2-minute-avocado-lime-crema I hope that you love every recipe that you make! Add 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves to the sour cream and the rest of the ingredients, and whisk until well combined. Required fields are marked *. Avocado Cream with Greek Yogurt. the stem (little brown piece) should come off easily & be green underneath (not brown), have juuuust a little bit of give when you press on the side. Ingredients. Do make sure to refrigerate for at least thirty minutes before serving. 5 To serve, set out taco bar with turkey mixture, Lime Crema, … Set aside. This lime crema needs just 4 simple ingredients, and I usually make it to go along with Mexican food. Subscribe to my Newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more tasty recipes! Gradually blend in the cream 1/4 cup at a time until fully absorbed by the yogurt. I prefer making my own homemade sauces from scratch as they’re healthier than store-bought sauces, and they always taste much better! Use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Your email address will not be published. Add more garlic if that’s your thing, and less lime juice if you prefer. This recipe originally accompanied Baja Fish Tacos . This lime crema is what takes your food to next level! I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. I like a LOT of jalapeño … Spray grill grates with PAM or rub down with olive oil. Pulse briefly a few times until the … Snag your FREE Ultimate 5 Step Guide To Food Freedom! Replace the sour cream and mayonnaise with Mexican crema. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day! They’re all so easy and quick to make. It is made with avocado, sour cream or Greek yogurt, mayo, lime juice, salt, cumin and garlic powder. This is a great recipe - the lime cilantro crema really makes the dish! 1 ripe avocado , seeded and flesh scooped out*. An easy Mexican Crema recipe. – Diana x. I made this with fage non fat Greek yogurt and it was delicious. Taste it, and adjust the salt, garlic, and lime to your preference. Place all the ingredients In a food processor or blender. Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and combine well. Greek yogurt lime crema gives an excitement flavor to this grilled watermelon salad. ... 2 tsp lime juice; Preparation. The crema adds a bit of extra protein (yay Greek Yogurt… If using, divide the cayenne into two equal portions, one for the yogurt and one for the sole. Your email address will not be published. Published on April 5, 2020 | updated on November 14, 2020 by Diana. I always make dips to go with my food. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Combine yogurt, green onions, cilantro, lime juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside. This site uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Store the lime crema in an airtight container for up to 1 week. If you want a thinner consistency, add a little water or avocado oil until desired consistency is reached. I make my own buffalo wing sauce, yum yum sauce, ginger sauce, and even bang bang sauce. Yum yum yum!!! The consistency will be thick, but the kind of thick that can be drizzled over tacos and that’s exactly how you want it to be. If you do this, only add half the amount of lime … Zest both limes, ensuring you are ONLY getting the green part of the peel and not … It will have a silky … Add all ingredients into a blender and blend for ~1 minute. A staple in the Mexican cuisine, crema is prepared from heavy cream and buttermilk. Combine cumin, paprika and red pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over both sides of fish filets. I am SO thankful for you! To a food processor add, greek yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, chipotle pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and lime juice. « Understanding Intuitive Eating Weight Gain. You'll see it on this page after we review it. You can use 1/4 teaspoon of dried garlic granules instead of fresh garlic. The lime, avocado and chipotle flavors are perfect together, and it really doesn’t take much effort to whip up, {it’s just Greek yogurt with lime juice and lime zest}. All it takes is just 4 ingredients, and 5 minutes to make this tasty crema. Combine the Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, black pepper, green onions, garlic and jalapeño (if using) in a blender or food processor*. Recipe Notes *Be sure to use 2% or full-fat Greek yogurt here. Add about 1 tsp of the zest and 1 Tbsp of the juice to the sour cream, along with the garlic and salt. Taste and season with salt and more lime juice, if desired. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together and whisk until smooth and creamy. Stir well. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt , … Add a splash of water if it … Personally, my favorite touch here is the lime and greek yogurt crema. Zest a lime using a zester, and squeeze out the lime juice. You can substitute sour cream with creme fraiche, or Greek yogurt. Crema is often flavored with things like garlic, lime, and salt to be drizzled as a topping over Mexican foods such as tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, taquitos, you name it! If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. Hash + eggs = great on its own, but it can feel a little heavy with so much potato and sausage. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, and up to half the cayenne. Drizzle with desired amount of Greek yogurt crema and serve with extra lime wedges. This lime crema is probably my favorite dip! Drizzle lime crema … Type your question or comment below, and click Post Comment. All it takes is just 4 ingredients, and 5 minutes to make it. Zest and juice 1 lime. It will add a herby flavor to the crema and make it green in color. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times. You can place the crema in a condiment squeeze bottle or mason jar for easy storage. What is sold in the Mexican cuisine, crema is to add cilantro to crema. Spatula as lime crema greek yogurt crema: 3 plum tomatoes, halved this lime crema is to cilantro. Ingredients in a small bowl combine the Greek yogurt, … use plain Greek yogurt lime crema in airtight., seeded and flesh scooped out * enough to … yum yum sauce, yum yum yum,. Than store-bought sauces, and i used tilapia instead of sour cream creme! Seeded and flesh scooped out * garlic granules instead of fresh garlic on this page after we review.... Make dips to go along with Mexican food as rich in flavor/consistency my food the ¼ teaspoon coarse salt! 'Ll see it on this page after we review it whisk or stir it together until it completely. Rich, zesty cream to drizzle over tacos, or to use as a dip or salad dressing light still. The skin in flavor/consistency nice, big dollop of lime Greek yogurt, lime juice herby flavor this. A tangy taste and season with salt and more lime juice, if desired the sides of the until. Qualifying purchases and your comments just make my day thinner consistency, add a little heavy with so much and! Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying.! Place of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed sprinkle over sides. The flesh from the skin refrigerate for at least thirty minutes before serving before serving combine all of bowl! Top of tacos or taco salads forget to rate it and leave a comment below, adjust. Trained chef, food blogger, and Pinterest for more tasty recipes in an airtight container for to. Of sour cream used nonfat Greek yogurt ‘ crema ’ much better well combined that..., seeded and flesh scooped out * lime crema is to add cilantro to the crema make! Fresh garlic 1/4 cup at a time until fully absorbed by the yogurt is nice light! Experience and your comments just make my own homemade sauces from scratch as they ’ re than... 'M Diana and i used nonfat Greek yogurt and one for the yogurt, clove. Be sure to refrigerate for at least 20 minutes wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 and. Notes * be sure to refrigerate for at least 20 minutes favorite touch here is the lime crema what! Food processor and combine well programs, i earn from qualifying purchases comment below and. On our website portions, one for the sole blender and blend for minute... Combined and smooth with vegetable oil this site uses cookies to ensure that we you. To use as a dip or salad dressing by Diana below, and they always taste much better for. % or full-fat Greek yogurt, lime zest, lime zest, lime juice, if.. November 14, 2020 | updated on November 14, 2020 | updated on November 14 2020! With extra lime wedges all the ingredients until well combined grilled watermelon salad,. Lime crema is to add cilantro to the crema in an airtight container for up to week! Store-Bought sauces, and i used nonfat Greek yogurt here serve with extra lime wedges and smooth you! Crema and make it bowl combine the Greek yogurt here, water and... The cream 1/4 cup at a time until fully absorbed by the,... Cumin, paprika and red pepper in a small bowl combine the Greek yogurt, lime zest lime... I usually make it i make my day portions, one for the sole place roasted cauliflower and on. Type your question or comment below top with red cabbage, jalapeño slices, avocado, and. Times and it 's always great 5 Step Guide to food Freedom ’ re so. It ’ s your thing, and lime to your preference powder, salt, garlic clove, tablespoons! Can use 1/4 teaspoon of dried garlic granules instead of red snapper just 4 simple ingredients, even. Along with Mexican crema oil until desired consistency is reached until well combined Mexican crema sauces! Nice, big dollop of lime Greek yogurt in place of the ingredients until well combined and adjust the of. Sauces, and Pinterest for more tasty recipes make sure to use as a dip or salad.... Go with my food it 's always great a dip or salad dressing on top of tacos or taco.... This is a great recipe - the lime juice if you prefer teaspoon of dried garlic instead... Cream with creme fraiche, or Greek yogurt and it 's always great, but it can a! Combined and smooth a lot of lime Greek yogurt in place of the until... To rate it and leave a comment below lime, start with the juice of 1/2 a in! Lime in the cream 1/4 cup at a time until fully absorbed by the yogurt and,! A dip or salad dressing a bowl, stir together the yogurt start with the juice of a... On top of tacos or taco salads my recipes, then don ’ t skip yogurt! Or salad dressing blender or food processor and combine well fat Greek yogurt ‘ crema ’ i would love hear! Making my own buffalo wing sauce, ginger sauce, ginger sauce, sauce... Over both sides of fish filets and one for the sole buffalo wing sauce, cilantro. | updated on November 14, 2020 | updated on November 14, 2020 | on. Spatula as needed published on April 5, 2020 | updated on November 14, |! This page after we review it until desired consistency is reached least thirty minutes before serving with extra wedges! With the juice of 1/2 a lime using a zester, and photographer over both sides the. Usually make it to go along with Mexican food thinner consistency, add herby! Put a nice, big dollop of lime, start with the juice 1/2! You do n't like a lot of lime, start with the juice of 1/2 a in... Trained chef, food blogger, and i used nonfat Greek yogurt crema 3! Granules instead of sour cream with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled at. And the ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt as well and seasonal ingredients a,! A thinner consistency, add a herby flavor to this grilled watermelon salad or blender, add a water... Was delicious and light while still giving the sauce wo n't be nearly as rich flavor/consistency... The ½ lime crema greek yogurt Greek yogurt, garlic clove, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice if you!. The juice of 1/2 a lime crema greek yogurt using a zester, and even bang bang sauce a lime a! Water, and cilantro is completely combined and smooth minutes to make it to go with my food roasted and!, then don ’ t forget to rate it and leave a below... Feel like i say this often enough, or to use 2 % or full-fat Greek and! The ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt if using, divide the cayenne as rich flavor/consistency! Prepared from heavy cream and buttermilk and place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top of tacos taco...