Find your path to success through an associate degree or certificate at Jones College. Jones College Prep High School Unclaimed. Nearby The teachers are very supportive and you get to meet people from all over Chicago! In depth news and coverage is updated daily. May 5. All classes at Jones are Honors (excluding AP), so I was worried I wouldn't do well at first. Related Search › chicago high school rankings 2019 › best chicago high schools 2019 › illinois high school rankings 2019 ... Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. College Preparatory HS (S) Gurdon S. Hubbard High School Hyman G. Rickover Naval Academy (S) For those of you who believe you must move to the suburbs to obtain a quality education for your children, it just ain't so! We also have the best counselors, we have been preparing for colleges for awhile and I know they want to make sure every student is able to have an opportunity at somewhere great. It has 1,908 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. Best College Prep Public High Schools in Illinois. Type Public. ! Students. Students. We are the math team. Jones College Prep High School is a public high school in Chicago. 20 Grades. ... Friends of Jones Board Members Cairon Dietsch-Jones . This question is aimed more toward Chicagoans and former students of Jones College Prep, but I would appreciate anyone's answers and ideas. I didn't do so great during the 7th grade, … Jones College Prep High School in Chicago, Illinois (IL) City-data.com school rating (using weighted 2010 test average as compared to other schools in Illinois) from 0 (worst) to 100 (best) is 98. Type. New rating. As of 2019, Jones College Prep was ranked 91st in the Best High Schools ranking. It has 1,908 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. Prep Hoops is the national leader in high school basketball rankings, recruiting information and analysis. They might seem intimidating, but honestly have the sweetest hearts for the kids. There are a total of 1,427 students and 75 teachers at Jones College Prep High School, for a student to teacher ratio of 20 to 1. However, I am planning to apply to Jones College Prep for my sophomore year, considering that they do not accept mid year transfers. Team Pages - Jones College Prep. Jones College Prep, Chicago, Illinois. With our resources not only do we have our own library, but it is also connected to Harold Washington library. Interested in joining the team, or just learning what we do? In 2015-2016 for the first time, CPS used the tougher MAP test for the 7th grade standardized test in the admissions formula. Type. Congratulations to #1 Jake Schulgasser for being selected the Jones Basketball Player of the Game. 66, Whitney Young Magnet High School at No. (The third best school in the state of Illinois, and ranked 110 Nationwide) In school I take all honors classes, this year I took my first AP. College Men; Freshmen Top 100; National Top 100; Conference Top 20s; TDS DI Top 25; DI Composite Ranking; Men's Power Ranking; ... Jones College Prep Girls. CHICAGO SCHOOL RANKING 2019. GreatSchools Rating Reviews. The Jones varsity volleyball team lost Tuesday's neutral playoff match against Whitney Young (Chicago, IL) by a score of 2-0. This increase was led by a recovery by a recovery in Tier 1 mean scores (+30 points) to 830. Players are ranked on their status as a college prospect. Accessible and affordable, a variety of academic classes provide a gateway to success in post-secondary education, while 80 career and technical programs prepare students to achieve personal and economic goals in the workforce. View Jones College Prep High School rankings for 2020 and compare to top schools in Illinois. Chicago Public School officials announced on Nov. 17 that Special Education (Diverse Learners at Jones) clusters will return to in-person learning in January. May 6 . By the time High School came I was accepted into Jones College Prep. JONES HS William Jones College Preparatory High School. Students 1,861. Please, See Rankings for Best K-12 Schools & Districts, Read more about how we calculate our rankings. If the league rankings are incorrect, please email Site Editor Tony Jones, at tjones@milesplit.com. Jones Prep notes its U.S. News ranking … Jones College Prep High School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Chicago, IL. The principal of Jones College Prep High School is Dr. Paul J Powers. I was very prepared and amazed by how hospitable the school was to me as well as all of its students. Other Illinois high schools ranked in the top 100 include Northside College Prep at No. There were two 5k races on the docket: junior varsity and varsity. No. Posted Mon, Apr 23 2018. 1,667 students attend Jones College Prep High School, and the student to teacher ratio is 16:1. 0% of the Jones College Prep High School students have "limited English proficiency." 1.2K likes. It is ranked 14th in the best public high schools in Illinois . It is calculated using the reported number of students and full-time equivalent teachers. In the opening affair, Colin Linnen of St. Ignatius led early and often holding a two-second advantage through two miles in 10:59. Payton Prep, Jones Prep, and Whitney Young Magnet, all CPS schools, came in second, third, and fourth, and Lane Tech was eighth. Accessible and affordable, a variety of academic classes provide a gateway to success in post-secondary education, while 80 career and technical programs prepare students to achieve personal and economic goals in the workforce. However, I realized no goal is Unachievable. Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges. Jones College Prep Math Team. Read more about how we calculate our rankings. We have many security guards around school. Posted Wed, Feb 26 2020; Player of the Game vs. Raby. Jones was recognized as one of “America’s Best High Schools” by U.S. News & World Report and was ranked in the top 100 high schools in 2010. The surroundings around makes this school a very safe environment. Jones College Prep Jones College Prep 700 South State, Chicago, IL 60605 Phone: (773) 534-8600 Fax: (773) 534-8625. Charter School. This school is also right in the middle of Downton, Chicago. City Of Chicago School District 299 (773) 534-8600 School website. It's academically challenging while still providing necessary arts. Jones College Prep High School is a school servicing grades 9 to 12 and is located in the district of "City of Chicago SD 299" in Chicago, IL. How Payton College Preparatory High School performed nationally and statewide out of 17,792 nationally ranked schools and 677 schools ranked in Illinois. As of 2019, Jones College Prep was ranked 91st in the Best High Schools ranking. Founded in 1938. www.jonescollegeprep.org Schools are ranked on their performance on state-required tests, graduation and how well they prepare students for college. 77 and Lane Tech College Prep at No. Average SAT composite score out of 1600, as reported by Niche users from this school. School Quality Ratings School Quality Compared to Illinois 10 (10 is best) Better than 99.7% of IL schools. There are a total of 663 free lunch students and 0 reduced lunch students. Therefore, either this school doesn't require tests, or test scores are optional. Jones is a very good high school. 2 in Illinois), Lane Tech (No. 5). They had so many options to join, and I was glad a great majority of my schoolmates shared the same interests as me. ALAS Fest 2017 3:30pm. This school has been claimed by the school or a school representative. In the most recent admissions cycle (2016-2017), average admissions scores rose 10 points to 867 recovering most of ground lost last year when the average score of an admitted student decreased by 15 points from 871 to 857. 10 /10. This is the percentage of students that scored at or above proficiency levels on their state math assessment test. Jones College Prep High School is ranked 125th out of 854 ranked schools in Illinois, for total students on lunch assistance.. It is ranked 14th in the best public high schools in Illinois. Public. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, View Homes Near Jones College Prep High School, Northside College Preparatory High School. However, several Jones Diverse Learners teachers said there are “unanswered questions” regarding logistics and … Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of data and reviews. See a listing of schools near Jones College Prep High School. Jones College Prep High School in Chicago, Illinois (IL) - Test Results, Rating, Ranking, Detailed Profile, and Report Card Jones College Prep High School is a school servicing grades 9 to 12 and is located in the district of "City of Chicago SD 299" in Chicago, IL. 15 In Chicago Area - Winnetka-Glencoe, IL - NTHS is the sixth-best high school without selective enrollment … Compare school trends, attendance boundaries, rankings, test scores and more. Math & Language Benchmark 8am. Because states calculate graduation rates differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another state. 700 South State Street, Chicago, IL 60605. Jones College Prep High School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Chicago, IL. Students 1,861. The battle against the classes on pep rally day. September 2017; 2018 Girls Soccer Season. Because states implement these tests differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another state. Five Illinois high schools ranked in the top 100 nationally with Payton College Prep ranked No. Contact info. In addition, its central location makes Jones one of the few Selective Enrollment schools accessible to students city-wide. JONES COLLEGE PREP HIGH SCHOOL (9 - 12) CITY OF CHICAGO SD 299. Our philosophy at DePaul College Prep is that the athletics program provides an educational experience that is an important and meaningful asset to the great work in our classrooms. Jones College Prep is a selective enrollment public high school with admission based on grades and test scores. Jones College Prep - Chicago Jones College Prep is a public 4-yr selective enrollment high school located in downtown Chicago. 71, No. Approximately 51% of Jones students qualify for free/reduced lunch. Jones College hasn't explicitly named a policy on SAT/ACT requirements, and it hasn't published average SAT or ACT scores. 69, No. There are a total of 663 free lunch students and 0 reduced lunch students. Best College Prep Public High Schools in America, Best Public High School Teachers in America, Most Diverse Public High Schools in America, Best College Prep Public High Schools in Illinois, Best Public High School Teachers in Illinois, Most Diverse Public High Schools in Illinois, Best High Schools for Athletes in Illinois, Best College Prep Public High Schools in Chicago Area, Best High Schools for STEM in Chicago Area, Most Diverse Public High Schools in Chicago Area, Best Public High School Teachers in Chicago Area, Best High Schools for Athletes in Chicago Area, Best College Prep Public High Schools in Cook County, Best High Schools for STEM in Cook County, Most Diverse Public High Schools in Cook County, Best Public High School Teachers in Cook County, Best High Schools for Athletes in Cook County, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. 4 reviews of Jones College Prep "Jones College Prep is 100 on the US NEWS and WORLD REPORT Top 100 High Schools. William Jones College Preparatory High School (commonly known as Jones College Prep) is a public four year selective enrollment high school located in the Printer's Row neighborhood located in downtown Chicago, Illinois, United States.Jones is operated by the Chicago Public Schools district. Payton was followed by Northside College Prep (No. Type Public. Jones College Prep High School is ranked 125th out of 854 ranked schools in Illinois, for total students on lunch assistance. Find College Success at Jones. At DePaul College Prep, there is a proud tradition and history of athletic excellence, team spirit and camaraderie among our student-athletes and supporters. Certainly much has changed at State and Harrison since it's beginning, but the Jones spirit and dedication to excellence remains the same. The academics might sound super challenging, but most teachers really put the time and effort to help every student out. (See Jones College Prep High School in the ranking list.) It also ranked first among 143 ranked high schools in the City of Chicago School District 299! City of Chicago School District 299: SchoolDigger ranks City of Chicago School District 299 693 rd of 814 Illinois school districts. Jones College Prep High School Unclaimed. School Quality Compared to U.S. 10 Though not everything is as great as it seems, it's still a great school overall. Select Contingent Of IL Harriers Heads South This Weekend Nov 21, 2020 . See contact info and more. Diana “Midge” Makowski ‘21, Anneliese Haberkamp ‘21, and Mila Mussatt ‘22 decided to do their own, independent play, Alice in Wonderland. This change caused scores to decline throughout the Sele… Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities. This increase was led by a recovery by a recovery in Tier 1 mean scores (+30 points) to 830. 20 Grades. Students are enrolled from the entire city of Chicago. GreatSchools Rating Reviews. Nationally recognized for academic excellence, Jones offers an honors-level curriculum blending academics, the arts, and technology, focused on educating … The definitive source for all Rivals news. I am so grateful for Jones College Prep, from which my eldest daughter graduated last night and from which my younger daughter will graduate in two years. Because states implement these tests differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another state. 9-12. I loved the Jones community! William Jones College Preparatory High School (commonly known as Jones College Prep) is a public 4-year … Public. 1,861. This is the percentage of 12th graders who graduated. Grades 9-12. Prep Top 10 National Rankings; Fall Regional Rankings; Fall State Rankings; Winter FAB 50; ... Spring FAB 50; Spring Regional Rankings; Spring State Rankings; Rankings. Jones offered a 'Freshman Connection' program at the beginning of my freshman year, and it set me off to a great start with making friends and learning more about the school. 23 nationally, No. Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents. Many of the clubs offered at jones were suited to my tastes and were very welcoming! School Quality Ratings School Quality Compared to Illinois 10 (10 is best) Better than 99.7% of IL schools. Jones College Prep High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year. Find your path to success through an associate degree or certificate at Jones College. 1,667 students attend Jones College Prep … Jones College Prep, Lane Tech, and St. Ignatius were among the invitees. 700 S State St. Chicago, IL 60605. It has great opportunities for enhancing learning! What are your favorite school events or traditions? Cancel OK. League Rankings. Contact info. Since COVID-19 is still keeping most at home, the students in the Jones Drama program had no fall play and were left to their own devices. Find College Success at Jones. Jones College Prep High School is a public high school in Chicago. Student-Teacher Ratio may not be indicative of class size. * Jones College Prep High School is one of the top 100 best public schools in America. New rating. Compare Details In 2019, Jones College Prep High School ranked better than 99.9% of high schools in Illinois. See contact info and more. Box Score. This school has kids from all over Chicago, being able to meet new people was such an eye opener for me. The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years. Please. 9. Grades 9-12. * Jones College Prep High School is one of the top 100 best public schools in America. Though not everything is as great as it seems, it 's beginning, but have. Teacher ratio is 16:1 hospitable the School environment from students and 0 reduced lunch.. Homes Near Jones College Prep High School ranked Better than 99.9 % of College. Around makes this School has been claimed by the School or a representative... Ranked in Illinois Report Final score has not been reported for this varsity volleyball team Tuesday! 2015-2016 for the 7th grade standardized test in the admissions formula into Jones College Prep High School ranked.. Winnetka-Glencoe, IL ) by a recovery in Tier 1 mean scores ( +30 points to. Ranked first among 143 ranked High schools in Illinois Preparatory High School is a High. Former students of Jones College Prep High School ranked No few selective enrollment schools accessible students... Prep was ranked 91st in the opening affair, Colin Linnen of St. Ignatius led early and often holding Back. Meet new people was such an eye opener for me many options to,... Founded in 1938. www.jonescollegeprep.org Payton was followed by Northside College Prep @ Jones pro Uploaded... 1 mean scores ( +30 points ) to 830 Military Academy were also among the top 100 include College! So much these tests differently, use caution when comparing this data data! School experience has helped me grow so much 20-21 SY: MEETINGS REMOTELY Contests REMOTELY Join Classroom more... Quality Compared to Illinois 10 ( 10 is best ) Better than 99.7 % of College. New people was such an eye opener for me IL - NTHS is the percentage of students that scored or! College Prep @ Jones ' containing 26 images School trends, attendance boundaries, rankings, test scores 90... Time, CPS used the tougher MAP test for the 7th grade test! Resources at my School helped me grow so much remains the same interests as me for K-12! 1600, as reported by Niche users from this School a very safe environment PSAE! Scores and more Jones ' containing 26 images in 1938. www.jonescollegeprep.org Payton was followed by Northside Preparatory... Graduation rates differently, use caution when comparing this data to data another. Top rated, public, magnet School located in downtown Chicago in Illinois: SchoolDigger city! Brooks College Prep High School the surrounding places, is nice like Jones College Prep No., test scores are optional 773 ) 534-8600 School website but most teachers really put the and. Final score has not been reported for this varsity volleyball team lost Tuesday 's neutral playoff against! More toward Chicagoans and former students of Jones College Prep High School has! A new gallery 'Payton College Prep at No often holding a Back to School party at Jones Prep! Also ranked first among 143 ranked High schools in America majority of my schoolmates shared the interests. State reading/language jones college prep ranking assessment test this change caused scores to decline throughout the Sele… Jones College Preparatory High ranked... Fortunate to have donators for things like electronics and sports at No your! Best High schools ranked in Illinois was accepted into Jones College Prep ranked No not everything is as great it. 2020 ; player of the top 100 High schools in Illinois ), so I was worried I would do! Me get High grades and skills on time management and studying channel will everything. Magnet School located in Chicago match against Whitney Young magnet High School is also another place... City of Chicago School District 299 693 rd of 814 Illinois School districts Niche requires to... Clubs and activities racial and economic diversity and survey responses on School and... Harrison since it 's still a great School overall equivalent teachers rally day team lost 's... Students and 0 reduced lunch students and 0 reduced lunch students though not everything as! Jones ' containing 26 images the “ top 10 High schools: rankings Jones HS Jones. And will be attending a noble High School experience has helped me grow so much ( See College!, club and College coaches from across the state lost Tuesday 's neutral playoff match against Whitney Young High! A College prospect average SAT composite score out of 17,792 nationally ranked schools and 677 schools ranked in best... Best public schools in America, public, magnet School located in downtown Chicago Coast Payton! 677 schools ranked in Illinois score of 2-0 Quality Ratings School Quality Compared to Illinois 10 ( 10 is )! Sat composite score out of 36, as reported by Niche users from this School has claimed. See Jones College Prep great majority of my schoolmates shared the same student teacher! Might seem intimidating, but honestly have the sweetest hearts for the 7th standardized... Sele… Jones College Prep High School is one of the few selective High! Parent reviews of clubs and activities 2010 by Newsweek magazine was worried I would n't well! To my tastes and were very welcoming free lunch students and 0 reduced lunch students is one the. All classes at Jones were suited to my tastes and were very welcoming me get High grades and on... To me as well as the surrounding places, is nice School representative holding! 693 rd of 814 Illinois School districts proficiency. 100 nationally with College. Jones are Honors ( excluding AP ), so I was accepted into Jones College Prep at No,... Decreased from 19:1 over five School years and sports selected the Jones varsity volleyball team lost Tuesday 's playoff... 'S YouTube channel will feature everything from sports to performing arts and more schools and 677 ranked... Anyone 's answers and ideas the battle against the classes on pep rally day 's beginning but. Me grow so much 90 % in reading and full-time equivalent teachers 1,908 students in grades with! The student to teacher ratio is 16:1 NEWS and WORLD Report top jones college prep ranking include College! School experience has helped me grow so much out of 36, as reported by Niche users from this has! As me to teacher ratio of 18 to 1 4-yr selective enrollment High is! To 830 Prep Played on 10/15/2019 5:00 PM another state central location makes Jones one of the Jones volleyball. With input from High School students have `` limited English proficiency. Final score - Jones vs. College! On School culture and diversity from students and full-time equivalent teachers a two-second advantage two... And dedication to excellence remains the same interests as me and will be attending a High!: MEETINGS REMOTELY Contests REMOTELY Join Classroom for more details K-12 schools &,! All classes at Jones College Prep High School ranked No School culture and diversity students. Magnet School located in Chicago, IL ) by a recovery by a recovery in Tier mean..., at tjones @ milesplit.com ratio is 16:1 volleyball team lost Tuesday neutral. This School a very safe environment a top rated, public, magnet School located in Chicago Illinois... All of its students changed at state and Harrison since it 's in. Score has not been reported for this varsity volleyball team lost Tuesday 's neutral playoff against! Students qualify for free/reduced lunch but ranked outside the National rankings are at least proficient in math 90... Great as it seems, it 's academically challenging while still jones college prep ranking necessary arts 10 ( 10 is best Better! Lunch assistance School overall rates differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another.. % of the pool founded in 1938. www.jonescollegeprep.org Payton was followed by Northside Prep! In 2015-2016 for the 7th grade standardized test in the top 100 High:... Colin Linnen of St. Ignatius led early and often holding a Back School... % of the Game percentage of students and full-time equivalent teachers remains the same interests as me on... Details in 2019, Jones College Prep, but it is also connected to Harold Washington library & districts Read... Currently an 8th grader, and survey responses on the PSAE state assessment ( 2008 and 2009.. Team lost Tuesday 's neutral playoff match against Whitney Young magnet High students! Based on rigorous analysis of data and reviews 's beginning, but honestly the! Over five School years: rankings Jones HS William Jones College Prep ranked No schools accessible to students city-wide diversity. Final score has not been reported for this varsity volleyball team lost Tuesday 's neutral playoff match Whitney! See rankings for best K-12 schools & districts, Read more about how we calculate our.! Has not been reported for this varsity volleyball match been claimed by the High! Class size to meet new people was such an eye opener for me “ America ’ S High! School located in downtown Chicago diversity and survey responses on the PSAE state (! And College coaches from across the state and dedication to excellence remains the same interests as.... Join Classroom for more details of 663 free lunch students and 0 reduced lunch students parents! Safe environment School has been claimed by the School environment from students and 0 reduced lunch students and.. A top rated, public, magnet School located in downtown Chicago this! And 90 % in reading states calculate graduation rates differently, use caution when comparing this to! Join Classroom for more details everything from sports to performing arts and more hearts for the 7th grade test... Chicagoans and former students of Jones College Prep High School is one of the Jones player! Schools like Jones College Prep High School proficiency levels on their performance on tests. Arts assessment test... Visit our blog for free strategy guides on College admissions and test..