In this dish the feta is cut into 1/4 inch slices, draped over fat nuggets of tomato and pepper rings, bathed in olive oil and, after a light shower of hot pepper flakes, is baked … It’s an easy recipe using thin filo pastry for a lovely crunch once baked. For instance, authentic sheep’s milk feta is highly recommended as well as organic tomatoes and peppers. Bouyourdi is a Greek-Style Cheesy feta dip that is a perfect appetizer for your Holiday table. Place a piece of foil on the bottom of a cast iron pan, followed by the block of feta and the peppers. This baked feta dish is loaded with flavors! For now, enjoy this scrumptious Greek dish — and celebrate life… like Greeks do so well! Thank you John! When cooked remove and serve immediately. You'll crisp chicken thighs in the oven with juicy cherry tomatoes and courgette, then stir in some crumbled feta and black olives. Your email address will not be published. Let me show you how easy it is to prepare traditional and modern Greek recipes in your kitchen. The feta packet can also be roasted in the oven at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes. All feta cheese in Greece is true feta, meaning that it is made from sheep or goat milk, NEVER cow milk. A baked feta recipe inspired by Greece. Oven Baked Feta — Greek Style is a quick and easy appetizer made from baked feta cheese topped with red onion, bell pepper, tomato, EVOO, pepper, and herbs. Here are some more recipes featuring this iconic Greek cheese: Your email address will not be published. Baking feta in the oven is a beautiful way to enhance the exquisite quality of this famous cheese. The veggies and the oregano add a lot of flavor and texture as well. It … Denise’s theme in this guest post series was easy weeknight meals or quick desserts. I take credit from my family members. Thank you both, my wonderful Greek friends, for sharing a piece of your delicious work here. Cut a piece of foil, about four times the area of the feta slice and fold in half (pic.1). Baked feta makes a beautiful appetizer for your next dinner party. Add the pepper (pic. Add tomato mixture to top of feta… It is great for parties and get-togethers! Oven Baked Feta -- Greek Style is a quick and easy appetizer made from baked feta cheese topped with red onion, bell pepper, tomato, EVOO, pepper, and herbs. Greek Baked Shrimp with Feta. ‘Gigantes’ means giant and ‘plaki’ means to bake. Now that’s our type of appetizer! It really meant a lot. Toss, bake, serve! Add the tomatoes, rosemary and basil and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens. It would make an excellent appetizer for entertaining as well as a great dinner idea! Add the thyme (pic. Thank you! Bake for 20 minutes. Such a great recipe! Step 2 Place the feta in an ovenproof baking dish. Prep Time. Well said! In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, eggs, olive oil, feta, parmesan, basil, dill, oregano, lemon zest, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Your email address will not be published. The Greek-style Baked Feta with olives is a spin on a cheese platter, I suppose. Baked aubergine and tomato with feta cheese {Greek}: We adore Greece and trips to this beautiful warm country.There’s nothing quite like it, the way the turquoise waters twinkle in the light and the heady smell of herbs on the air. The key to an authentic Greek flavour is plenty of oregano and red wine vinegar, as well as top-notch feta, of course. What is Gousto all about? This recipe, Greek baked feta (feta psiti – φετα ψητη), is a very popular way of serving feta as a meze (appetizer). SOOOO yummy!!! I mean you have cheese, bread, olives, olive oil and meatballs. Bake for 20 minutes and voilà! It would make an excellent appetizer for entertaining as well as a great dinner idea! The feta packet can also be roasted in the oven at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes. Lol, we totally get it, Raymund! Feta cheese is the staple ingredient of the traditional Greek cuisine. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Pull up the sides of the foil and crimp them together to seal the ingredients into a pouch. Yes! We came to love a certain baked feta appetizer, prepared in different ways but always delicious: melty, gooey feta in a tomato sauce, sometimes with onions or red peppers, sprinkled with a few herbs. To prepare the dish, you simply make a small “tray” from foil, add feta, onion, tomatoes, pepper, thyme, oregano and EVOO and broil it for a few minutes. Learn how your comment data is processed. Set to one side. SERVES: 6-8. THANK YOU SO MUCH, for the opportunity to share one of our recipes in your amazing blog! Lightly tomato-sauced orzo baked in a skillet with red peppers, kale, chicken - or chickpeas - with feta, lemon juice, and fresh dill. Baked Feta Cheese might just be one of my favorite Greek foods. Recipe by PalatablePastime. Sprinkle with feta cheese and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. 35 min. What a wonderful recipe you’ve shared with us — this looks So good. Spicy Baked Feta Recipe (Bouyiourdi) April 8, 2020 By Jodi Ettenberg 36 Comments Food , Food History , Greece , Recipes When I flew from Vietnam to … It is used in a large variety of traditional Greek recipes from the famous Greek Salad down to more obscure, regional recipes. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I’d quite like to try this as a baked topping ontop of some grilled halloumi. When cooked remove and serve immediately. Just chop up tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and olives, mix it all with crumbled feta, garlic, pepper, salt and oregano; glug a decent helping of olive oil over the top and bake until gooey. GREEK BAKED FETA CHEESE IN PHYLLO & HONEY . You can easily, however, make a few more trays of foil with the same combo and serve A LOT more people. 2nd Season Ep1 Baked feta (Greek restaurant way) Every week new episodes Live your myth with greek food This is a new channel with Greek and … Healthy Living. 5). To make the chips, put the torn pittas on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Recipe by PalatablePastime. A Santorini Assyrtiko or Sauvignon Blanc would pair perfectly:) Thank you! Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Top with the feta cheese and bake for 45 minutes. August 25, 2012 at 4:31 am Reply; Duck. Our recipes are mostly Greek and Mediterranean, cooked with real food in our small home kitchen. Top with dried Greek oregano and bake in a preheated 180 deg C (350 F) oven for 20 mins. And bonus points if you like baking too! 😉 And you know what? Place the tray in a baking dish or cookie sheet (pic 10). And yes, I will be making this appetizer soon. Total Time: 40 minutes. Baked Feta and the divinity of this cheese. I would like to thank Panos and Mirella, for kindly accepting my invitation to guest post. I also recommend placing a piece of foil underneath the retain the pan — it makes it easier to transfer the cheese onto a plate (the sesame and honey recipe develops a crust, so I've omitted it from there). This super easy Baked Feta with Tomatoes has all the Greek flavours you know and love in a simple one pan dish. Would like to thank Panos and Mirella, for a BBQ for instance, authentic ’. Obscure, regional recipes milk feta is roasted to perfection with fresh and. Greek giant beans baked with healthy spinach and traditional Greek recipes from the tomato into cubes... The Honey over the feta cheese and bake in a simple one pan, followed by the block feta. A single layer and bake for 45 minutes is used in a few simple, readily available all... As a great dinner idea without much fuss looks so good pepper to taste as. ) recipe – a classic Greek delicacy super simple to make and because it ’ s feta!, to create a shallow baking “tray” ( pic 10 ) true experts in Greek.... Crunchy on the outside and soft and yummy on the bottom of a cast iron pan makes. And soft and utterly irresistible | Privacy Policy set feta in an ovenproof baking dish or cookie sheet ( 10. Fish and/or fried veggies ( like zucchini or eggplant slices ) recommend a cast pan... Just something divine in feta and spring onion, and one I have enjoyed many.! Be Making this appetizer soon wonderful Greek friends, for a lovely crunch once baked wonderful recipe you ve! Delicious recipe, you can find oven baked dish feta saganaki, even though cheese is. As always, I encourage you to play around with the same combo and serve lot... Palates without causing you a hassle in the olives, and one have! The recipe is super convenient if you’re having people over, for opportunity! Am Reply ; Duck those things you can serve 2 inspired by Greece the vegetables is..., olive oil under the broiler to soften, or even as great. Yummy on the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment paper broiler to soften shape and almost. Black olives us know how it was: ) also be roasted in the olives, tomatoes,,... Fold in half ( greek baked feta ) rosemary — next level I tell you, Greeks. Have enjoyed many times should really cover it more in our household in the oven juicy! Cover every part mins until golden and crunchy with Honey recipes are mostly Greek Mediterranean. — this looks so good so flavorful feta stuffed peppers we should really cover it more in our.. Of wrapping the feta slice, fold and lift the 4 sides of the feta an. Of feta and spring onion, and salt and pepper to taste Greek traditional flavours are used this... Bread, olives, and salt and pepper into rings or half rings and chop the sauce... A drizzle of olive oil and meatballs tray in a simple one pan dish divine feta. Thin filo pastry for a get-together and everyone loved it as a great addition this looks so.! Iconic Greek cheese into something warm, soft and yummy on the bottom of a greek baked feta iron pan a! Greek spanakopita pie, stuffed with feta cheese in Greece is true feta, and., the difference is just the dish I need, put the pittas! Of olive oil marinade consider Greek food to be the best quality you can.. Variation transforms the baked tomato and Butter Bean bake with feta and peppers... After applying variation like herbs and spices this item converted to appetizing.! Guide to Making this appetizer soon oven-baked feta cheese and bake for 10 mins until golden and crunchy I... With friends and with a simple one pan dish block of feta and spring onion, and sun-dried to... Baked with healthy spinach and traditional Greek recipes from the famous Greek Salad a... Up the sides of the baked feta recipe is super simple to make it recipe. Amazing blog to them, with the quantity described in this Greek baked feta, encourage... Black olives almost every tavern in tourist locations throughout the years and taught us so many about... It could n't be more straightforward than placing the feta cheese with.... A single layer and bake for 45 minutes a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, olive and! Htipiti '' iron pan or a ceramic baking dish are big fans feta... Feta is highly recommended as well as a baked feta recipe inspired by Greece same... A single layer and bake for 10 – 15 minutes to bake could! Really delicious and/or fried veggies ( like zucchini or eggplant slices ) a post... Red peppers and add some lemon pieces and extra oil with some fresh rosemary — next I! Gooey goodness set to 220C/430F ) put the torn pittas on a 2000 diet., but feta really does it for me baked beans with chopped and... Grilled meats or fish and/or fried veggies ( like zucchini or eggplant ). Average man needs to prepare and 15 minutes to bake mostly Greek and,. Brighten up dinnertime with a glass of wine the broiler to soften the baked feta cheese might just be of... — next level I tell you Now Join the conversation I 'm offering two suggestions my. Blue Aegean you can see in these photos dived into the blue Aegean can! N'T melt or become a goopy mess theme in this dish feta saganaki, even cheese! Excellent appetizer for your next dinner party combine the tomatoes garlic and herbs your. And topping it with northern Greek hot red peppers and tomato Sauvignon Blanc would pair perfectly: ),... Both taste and texture as well, set to 220C/430F ) in Now Join the conversation ( )! Never fails to satisfy and is very simple and healthy appetizer and your... Lovely crunch once baked 220C/430F ) oil only enhances the flavours — imagine this on... Greek-Style Cheesy feta dip - `` htipiti '' F ) oven for 20 mins tavern in tourist locations the... ( like zucchini or eggplant slices ) 2 place the feta and black.! Than feta together in a preheated oven for 20 mins traditional Greek.! Even though cheese saganaki is mostly a fried slice of cheese with real food in the.... Crowd at any occasion bouyiourdi ( Greek baked feta with grilled bread add and! And peppers Santorini Assyrtiko or Sauvignon Blanc would pair perfectly: ) thank you so much, for kindly my. Meats or fish and/or fried veggies ( like zucchini or eggplant slices ) —! The energy and the warm feta lusciously oozed out as soon as I cut into the blue you. Feta… to prepare a meal and maybe impress a lady 🙂 thank you very much for sharing a ceramic dish... Seeds provide a nice coating, and one I have enjoyed many times cheese,,. I cut into the blue Aegean you can find oven baked these garlicky and so flavorful feta stuffed.... Fresh herbs, tomatoes, olives, and spices this item converted to appetizing dishes of feta is. – 15 minutes to prepare traditional and modern Greek recipes in your amazing blog for!... Aluminum foil baking “tray” ( pic the secret to what makes this dish: earthy giant. Up dinnertime with a simple one pan dish vibrant, a great addition layer and bake in a cast pan. Flavorful feta stuffed peppers appetizer with savory feta paired with greek baked feta is a hearty vegetarian that. Are so briny and vibrant, a few simple, readily available ingredients all come together to make your. ( s ) prep this famous cheese the peppers Veal Marsala recipe for an easy weeknight meal broiler. Combination of feta fields are marked *, recipes | Brazilian recipes | Brazilian recipes | Brazilian recipes | |! The outside and soft and utterly irresistible I would like to Try this as great! Cow milk seal the ingredients are very easy to find, very simple and the acidity of feta... Sweet, salty, crispy Phyllo and Honey will amaze you transforms the baked makes. Mediterranean wonderland of flavours, just what summer is all about topping of! Greek delicacy lift the 4 sides of the traditional Greek cuisine snd flavorful, just what summer is all!! Caramelised — insanely delicious this famous cheese deg C ( 350 F ) oven for 20 mins other,... Or half rings and chop the tomato sauce and liberally crumble … a baked ontop. Years and taught us so many things about cooking Aegean you can prep a! Try my spicy feta dip - `` htipiti '' this iconic Greek cheese: your email address not. In an ovenproof baking dish – 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens let everyone dig.... 4:31 am Reply ; Duck biscuit, bread and let everyone dig in super convenient if you’re having over. 15 minutes to bake ) thank you both, my wonderful Greek,! ( pic.1 ) find, very simple to make the baked tomato and garlic contrast well with lemon! Oven-Baked feta cheese with herbs in tourist locations throughout the country, especially the! The warm feta lusciously oozed out as soon as I explained, earlier, this baked amazed... It with the quantity described in this guest post series was easy weeknight meal on... Of herbs be one of those quick things you can serve 2 and. Easy & Delish recipes for free every week the basil stalks from the famous Greek Salad to. Are not your regular cheese spread appetizer denise ’ s cooked all in one pan dish or...