Some of our favorite Alaska Range areas for treks include: Ruth Glacier, Little Switzerland, Kahiltna Glacier, and Eldridge Glacier. Highlights plus less visited destinations. If you’re very adven­tur­ous, you can even learn how to climb on the ice walls. departs from: hicks creek facility, 38100 w glenn highway, glacier view, ak. Sin­gle, mul­ti-day, and lodge based sea kayak­ing adventures, Through­out the decades, Anadyr has care­ful­ly tai­lored its trips to offer an option for just about any­one. Tour. Or ramp up the excite­ment by going ice Nestled into a broad mountain valley, the Knik is a 25-mile-long, 5-mile-wide layer of … This unique adventure provides two hours to explore and master glacier trekking techniques. You can raft or kayak through a sea of ice to the face of a tidewater glacier, fly over mountain cirques, take an afternoon helicopter tour and land on a glacier or test your footing across icewater rivers along a glacial moraine. The tidewater glaciers of Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords extend down from mountain peaks and out into the sea. Go with Whit­ti­er-based Glac­i­er Jet Ski Adven­tures and you’ll be tak­ing your machine out on the water to explore the stun­ning glac­i­ers and wildlife of Black­stone Bay. The accessibility of ice formations varies throughout the year. The morning sun softens the ice, simultaneously providing good grip for our feet. OVERVIEW. The picturesque path to the glacier is a mixture of back-country and on-trail trekking and the view from the top of the 1400ft of elevation that we gain while traveling over 1.6 miles of trail is absolutely stunning. The trip takes place in the after­noon, and a hot lunch is includ­ed in your tour. This char­ter com­pa­ny out of Whit­ti­er offers cus­tom sight­see­ing tours and trans­porta­tion to seclud­ed areas of Prince William Sound, Lazy Otter offers clas­sic tours, but this is a water taxi, so they’ll also take you any­where you want to go with­in Price William Sound — or just cus­tomize a tour to what­ev­er you want to see. Take off in a heli­copter for the thrilling expe­ri­ence of heli-flight­see­ing, land­ing on a glac­i­er, don­ning cram­pons and a hel­met to explore blue ice with world-class guides. Matanuska Glacier is a two-hour drive from Anchorage, and it’s the biggest glacier in Alaska that can be accessed via car. Your chance to walk on a glacier! Head out into the Alaskan wilder­ness on this excit­ing ATV adven­ture, dri­ving through woods and splash­ing through rivers on your way to a gor­geous glacial moraine sur­round­ed by tow­er­ing snow-capped peaks. Leave the car behind and come explore the spectacular, Fun for ages 8 to 80! Enjoy a bird’s eye view of Alaska’s scenic high­lights on a flight­see­ing tour with Rust’s Fly­ing Ser­vice, where every pas­sen­ger gets a win­dow seat. Explore Prince William Sound in a sail­ing kayak for a com­fort­able, hands-free jour­ney that uses wind and ped­al power…. Even though Exit glacier is about 2.5 hours one way, if you ask a local it really isn’t all that far from Anchorage. Sign-up for any of the following email series to help plan your Alaska trip. Your time on the water is sand­wiched between two train rides that offer up some of Alaska’s most scenic rail miles. Trans­porta­tion from Anchor­age included. Take a bou­tique, small-group kayak­ing trip with expe­ri­enced guides at Liq­uid Adven­tures and get close to glac­i­ers in kayaks or pad­dle­boards while look­ing for whales and oth­er marine mam­mals. More. We'll match you with a local itinerary expert to help you plan your trip. Print whole topic. Fantastic photo ops, unforgettable adventure tours. Half, full-day, and mul­ti-day sea kayak­ing trips from Seward.  ...more, Take a small-group kayak­ing trip and get close to glac­i­ers in kayaks or pad­dle­boards while also look­ing for marine mammals. NorthStar Trekking. Best Alaska Glacier Hiking! We are a Seward based guiding and hiking company focused on providing affordable Alaskan Adventures on the mountains and glaciers of Alaska. A lot of peo­ple swear to it: the best way to see Alas­ka is from an air­plane, and there may indeed be no bet­ter way to get close to the face of Denali. The end of the glacier (aka the glacier terminus) is over 24 miles long and 4 miles wide, and it is actually a valley glacier meaning it rests on the floor of the valley. Not to mention she was a great personal photographer!”, “I would highly recommend Mica tours for ice climbing adventures! Start with a sight­see­ing cruise on a cus­tom build cata­ma­ran out of Seward, then load into a kayak to see…. See how we’re responding to the COVID19 situation in Alaska. MICA also offers guided glacier treks if you prefer a more leisurely exploration of the glacier … J'ai eu la plupart des équipements avant le voyage, mais ils ont fourni le matériel technique de qualité. Ce fut le point culminant de mon voyage! Please check your email to verify your subscription. Alison Gardner. and can continue bobbing up and down for a full day or more until they float out into open waters or beach themselves along the Alaskan shoreline. Expe­ri­ence the thrill of walk­ing on a glac­i­er and explor­ing its blue ice, or take on the chal­lenge of…, If you’ve nev­er walked on a glac­i­er, this is your chance. You can also take advan­tage of the option to cus­tomize your trip. Expe­ri­ence crevass­es, blue pools and ice caves up close or try ice climb­ing to get ver­ti­cal. Kenai River Trail. FAQ. Alaska Glacier Climbing Experience We walk one by one in a single file line. Or, head north of Anchor­age for a trail ride through mid-alpine black spruce forests. Add a flight­see­ing excur­sion before or after your dog sled­ding experience! He knew so much about the glacier and was sure to fit in every cool experience he could! We couldn’t wait to go glacier hiking in Anchorage! Explore Alaska’s back­coun­try astride a speedy and fun snow­ma­chine. You’ll either walk around on the glac­i­er with cram­pons or learn how to use an ice axe and safe­ly work your Price : $95. You’ll be on the ice for three hours, exploring the many wonders of the Matanuska Glacier. With mountain and glacier vistas, wildflowers galore, wildlife encounters, and the majesty and mystery which makes this destination truly unique, hiking in Alaska is more exciting – we guarantee it! Libre de droits . Regardless of your climbing ability or experience, you'll end the day feeling fulfilled and inspired.  ...more, Dri­ve over rocks, splash through mud, and look for wildlife on your way to the Knik Glac­i­er as you…. Experience the magnificent Mendenhall Glacier and Lake by canoe paddling to the face then trekking onto the glacier’s surface and exploring the dynamic features. This Alaska glacier tour begins with a short drive from the cruise ship terminal, or other pick-up location, to our base located next to the Juneau International Airport. Redoubt Vol­cano. Just an hour’s dri­ve from Anchor­age, the MV Ptarmi­gan let you get with­in 300 feet of the tow­er­ing ice wall called Portage Glac­i­er. The Matanus­ka is Alaska’s largest road-acces­si­ble glac­i­er, and it’s just 90 min­utes from Anchor­age, so it’s an easy way to get up close and per­son­al with these amaz­ing nat­ur­al won­ders. The orig­i­nal hall­mark trip that got the Alas­ka Rail­road to stop at Spencer Glac­i­er in 2002. Let us simplify it for you, How much does an Alaska summer vacation cost? Ride the rails, sea kayak through an ice­berg-strewn lake and explore a glac­i­er, all in one trip. Offering glacier tours, helicopter adventures including glacier landings, ziplining and  luxury camping, MICA Guides is the center for your Alaska Adventure. There are few things more spec­tac­u­lar than lift­ing off in a heli­copter and soar­ing over Alaska’s glac­i­er-filled ter­rain or out across its shim­mer­ing waters. We continue our journey by kayak with sounds of moving ice filling the valley as we paddle our stable kayaks past icebergs of all sizes. The glacier itself is 27 miles long and 4 miles wide making it the largest glacier in the United States that is accessible by car. They need a specific climate: generally a lot of snowfall during the winter and relatively cool temperatures during the summer. Find Tours; About Us; Contact; Helicopter & Glacier Trekking Thrilling Trekking Adventure on a Glacier. You don’t need any specialized skills for this trek, just a basic level of fitness and an ability to walk with crampons. Trekking sur le glacier de Matanuska, Alaska. The morning sun softens the ice, simultaneously providing good grip for our feet. Take a spec­tac­u­lar pri­vate guid­ed hik­ing tour in Seward — where the moun­tains meet the ocean — to explore glac­i­ers and alpine ridges. Ride the Alyeska Tram up to 2,300ft and hike a scenic ridge line surrounded by the seven Glaciers. You can also opt for a bear-view­ing tour that includes a beach land­ing, where you can pho­to­graph bears in their nat­ur­al environment. The tour could easily be tailored for any skill set. Day Tours from Anchorage or Girdwood Enjoy the views from the cozy heat­ed cabins…. Matanuska Glacier Adventures offers daily summer fun on the ice with guided trips by knowledgeable tour guides. Some tours are designed to please bird­ers or shut­ter­bugs, while oth­ers are per­fect for families. Soar over glaciers and snow-capped peaks for incredible views that you won’t soon forget! The dif­fer­ence from oth­er cruis­es, is that you’ll then get off the boat and into a kayak, pad­dle around ice­bergs, and watch for wildlife from your own vessel. The Kenai River is fabled for its turquoise hue | © Patrick Wolf … Therefore, the Helicopter Glacier Trek is a perfect choice to immerse yourself … Cruises and land tours are great ways to see Alaska. With Alas­ka Back­coun­try Adven­ture Tours, you can expe­ri­ence glac­i­ers inac­ces­si­ble by road. You will be outfitted in state-of-the-art trekking equipment and given a safety briefing before boarding one of our A-Star helicopters. price: $95 + glacier park fee. And even if you’ve nev­er pad­dled a kayak before, a I truly trusted my life in his hands and skill set“, Milepost 102.5, Glenn Highway Glacier View AK, 99674, Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Click here to Learn more about activities, Click here to Learn more about matanuska glacier tours, Click here to Learn more about helicopter adventures, Click here to Learn more about luxury camping, Click here to Learn more about all activities, Click here to Learn more about contact us, Click here to Learn more about your visit, Click here to Learn more about plan your matanuska glacier visit. Yes! The glacier is easily accessible via a moderate 2-mile trail from our office in Kennecott. Luckily, we have compiled a list of some of the best glacier tours and have categorized each experience by sea, air, or land. This is an ideal trip if you are looking for a shorter trip but lots of drama and incredible views. The adventure begins with a short drive from Mt. The result is a world-class flight-see­ing trip, with land­ings on Denali’s glaciers. Once you reach Mendenhall Glacier, you will be outfitted in trekking gear. The classic Alaska Cruise, offered by such companies as Holland America, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. The Exit Glacier hike gives people of all skill levels a few different options to see one of Alaska's most easily reached glaciers. Hiking & Camping Tours. Our guide, Micah, was awesome! NorthStar Trekking was started with safety as the top priority and a commitment to provide an outdoor adventure tailored to the interests and abilities of each guest. Téléchargez la trace GPS et suivez la trace du parcours à partir d'une carte. Your des­ti­na­tion is the mag­nif­i­cent Knik Glac­i­er, where you’ll enjoy lunch and gor­geous scenery. Ride on groomed trails beneath mas­sive, 7,000-foot glaciat­ed peaks. The Glacier Canoe Paddle and Trek is our most popular adventure trip to the world renowned Mendenhall Glacier. Print whole topic. date: may 18 – september 15, 2020. age limit: ages 9 and up. The Matanuska Glacier is located in the Matanuska-Susitna valley and is surrounded by three mountain ranges. Go with Alas­ka Wild Guides out of Whit­ti­er to expe­ri­ence the area’s unique sights and sounds while skim­ming across the top of the water on your own per­son­al watercraft. You can't visit Alaska without seeing a glacier close up, or standing on one! Whether its our signature Ice Fall Trek, the unique opportunity to soar above blue pools on a Helicopter Adventure, or reaching new heights while Ice Climbing, you’ll be in good hands with the best guided tours in Glacier View, Alaska! You’ll also have the oppor­tu­ni­ty to see wildlife like whales, sea lions, seals, and bald eagles. Discover the optimal month due to daylight, temperature, and rain. We are committed to providing outdoor adventures that are tailored to the interests and abilities of each guest, with safety as our foremost priority. Wes, our guide was fun and energetic and GREAT with our kids. Alaska Glacier Climbing Experience We walk one by one in a single file line. Tour. Partake in a land based tour that allows you to direct access to glaciers. ...more, Go with Kenai Fjords Tours and a fleet of fast, mod­ern boats takes you to tide­wa­ter glac­i­ers as you…. Minimum age: 8 years.  ...more, Take a half- or full-day cruise through Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords. Walk in the wild places of Alas­ka with world-class guides who will reveal the won­ders of our local lakes, glac­i­ers, alpine moun­tains, rain­forests or the far back­coun­try. The tour starts in Homer, Alaska with a scenic 30-minute boat cruise to Kachemak Bay State Park, accessible only by boat. Book entire boat for your family or group, or opt to bunk with other guests. The longest, fastest ziplines within 800 miles This is not a canopy tour! THIS ADVENTURE MADE POSSIBLE BY: http://www.southernexplorations.com/ Learn more about becoming a Patron! She knew her stuff and answered the many questions I had regarding the glacier and its history. We offer small group sizes on our tours and narration of the Matanuska Glacier and the surrounding valleys. The tidewater glaciers of Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords extend down from mountain peaks and out into the sea. Take a look at an OVERVIEW of ALL TREKS that we offer. Hike on a glacier, touch an iceberg from a kayak, learn to ice climb or combine many of these activities on our overnight camping adventure. But I'm now convinced that glacier trekking is like bungy jumping: it doesn't matter how many times you do it — it's still guaranteed to be amazing. Opt for a 40-minute flight see­ing tour, or book the ​“Flight and Feast Tour,” which takes you to dine at a 1920’s lodge. Glide through a marine envi­ron­ment with gor­geous views in every direc­tion, and many oppor­tu­ni­ties to spot wildlife – from eagles and salmon to bears, whales and sea lions. … Plus Moins. Choose from a 30-minute, 45-minute, or 1‑hour long tour. Helmets and crampons are provided on all glacier tours, while harnesses and ice tools are supplied on each of our advanced trips. Course Details. Trips range from half-day to full-day, and are great for families. You’ll get to stand on the sled run­ners and ​“dri­ve” the dogs your­self, or sit in the sled and sur­vey the hang­ing glac­i­ers that sur­round you. A crunching chorus follows along with our group of four. Then land on Menden­hall Glac­i­er to…. Cruises and sea kayak trips also let you see lots of marine life, such as playful sea otters and shy harbor seals. Alaska Glacier trekking. Nev­er kayaked before? Choose a half- or full-day tour and learn all about nat­ur­al and human his­to­ry from your expert guides along the way. But it’s also one of the more diverse places to fly. Great Alaska Excursions. Join us on our **20th season** of operation on the Matanuska Glacier. There’s climb­ing a moun­tain – and then there’s climb­ing an ICE moun­tain. Kayak through Auke Bay with Glac­i­erview Sea Kayak­ing to enjoy views of Menden­hall Glac­i­er, wildlife, and more. Splash through rivers, gaze in awe at the glac­i­er, and look for wildlife on this unfor­get­table tour. Just 45 min­utes out­side Anchor­age, the city gives way to the wilds of Alas­ka in the Knik Riv­er Val­ley. Which one is right for you? Alas­ka Wild Guides will take you out for one thrilling day, or for sev­er­al days of exhil­a­rat­ing adven­ture. L’Alaska vous en offre une bonne quantité à découvrir. From the air, you won't feel the power of calving, but you will gain a perspective you can't experience from the ground. About NorthStar Trekking. Boutique, small ship adventure cruises in Alaska's Inside Passage, Cruises depart from Whittier, a 1 hr drive from Anchorage. Spot wildlife from the air, stand on a glac­i­er or…. Au mois d’août le temps est très humide et pas chaud, donc le voyage gagnerait en qualité en étant en motel et no Glacier trekking is often on the bucket list of travelers to Alaska.  ...more. There was a problem with your submission. start time: 9:30 am and 2:30 pm. Download preview. Mem­bers of 1% For The Plan­et, Kayak Adven­tures World­wide strives to ful­fill their mis­sion to inspire an active stew­ard­ship of our nat­ur­al world. Your must-have activity guide + map while in Alaska. The loca­tion of this ATV adven­ture is the mid­point between Anchor­age and Glen­nallen. And, add a glac­i­er land­ing to any of them! Click here to Learn more about directions and driving times, Click here to Learn more about cancellation policy, Click here to Learn more about your safety on the matanuska glacier, Click here to Learn more about special programs, Click here to Learn more about alaska tour packages, Click here to Learn more about groups and specialized programs, Click here to Learn more about photography, Click here to Learn more about gift certificates, Click here to Learn more about more information, Click here to Learn more about news in glacier view, Click here to Learn more about online discounts, Click here to Learn more about employment, Click here to Learn more about gift cards, Click here to Learn more about matanuska glacier weather. With the wide range of glacier tours available, whether this is your first time walking on a glacier or 10th, we are confident our professional guides are the right choice for you. Trips range from 3-9 days and from easier to very challenging. ...more, Just an hour’s dri­ve from Anchor­age, a cruise on the M/V Ptarmi­gan lets you get with­in 300 feet of…. Here's your chance to try out ice climbing...on a glacier! Driving over rocks, splashing through mud, and exploring Alaska terrain on an ATV is an excellent way to experience glaciers on land. We offer a wide range of tour options to fit your ideal Alaskan vacation. The Mendenhall Glacier Trek is not your everyday adventure, and neither is the challenging trek to get there, but what an experience when you reach the majestic Mendenhall Glacier and explore this eerie blue world of ice, from deep crevasses and moulins (steep shafts) to crystal-clear meltwater streams and emerald-green pools. More time, more adventure! We offer trips in Alaska's Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, Lake Clark N.P ., Gates of the Arctic N.P ., the Talkeetna Mts and other regions. For those who want to spend more time experiencing Alaska's glaciers and … Spot wildlife from the air, stand on a glac­i­er or land on a remote airstrip. Our Alaska glacier tours give you an amazing bucket list item for your Alaska vacation. Due to limited capacity on helicopters, there is a $125 surcharge for passengers weighing 250 lbs or more. Trips available from Whittier, Homer, Seward, Juneau, and Sitka. Explore the glacier’s most amazing features up close and away from the crowds for unique photo opportunities and more. Zips. Going with expe­ri­enced guides, you’ll leave from Ken­ni­cott, hike two miles, and spend the next sev­er­al hours on the Root Glac­i­er, safe­ly explor­ing the blue ice, blue pool, canyons, and moulins of this extra­or­di­nary nat­ur­al phe­nom­e­non. MICA also offers short, guid­ed hikes and longer treks if you pre­fer a more leisure­ly explore of the glac­i­er and its grandeur. The Mendenhall Glacier takes about 80 years to complete the journey from its mountain source to the modest-size lake it has created within Juneau’s city limits. Leave the car behind and come explore the spectacular Matanuska Glacier on foot with our professional guides. Tak­ing a TEM­SCO heli­copter tour shows off the Gold Rush lands around Skag­way in a new light, reveal­ing gor­geous, glac­i­er-filled val­leys, tum­bling water­falls and peak after icy peak at the north end of the Juneau Ice­field. This fam­i­ly-owned tour oper­a­tor has gone above and beyond to give guests an amaz­ing day on the water since 1990. We took our 6 and 11 year old and it was perfect. Alaska’s east­ern inte­ri­or promis­es high adven­ture in an area rel­a­tive­ly few vis­i­tors explore. Alaska Glacier Climbing Experience . Enregistrez votre propre itinéraire depuis l'app, téléchargez-le et partagez-le avec la communauté. No experience needed. Use our calculator to find out, Stay casual, dress in layers, and get proper footwear, Guides to the best locations around the state to view wildlife. Hop aboard an eco-friend­ly snow­mo­bile in Gird­wood and ride on groomed trails beneath mas­sive, 7,000-foot glaciat­ed peaks or vis­it the daz­zling blue ice of Spencer Glac­i­er. Choose from 1, 2 or 3-hour glacier trekking on this thrilling once in a lifetime adventure! Special Terms . You'll see how massive icefields, dozens of miles long, spill into valleys to create glaciers. Find hid­den ice caves and remote glac­i­ers while nav­i­gat­ing along frozen rivers and through deep powder. Local­ly known as ​“The Glac­i­er Land­ing Com­pa­ny,” TAT has been fly­ing climbers and sight­seers to the Alas­ka Range and Denali since 1947. Enjoy a mag­i­cal morn­ing or evening kayak­ing the calm waters of Spencer Lake, in the awe-inspir­ing pres­ence of a jagged ter­mi­nus glac­i­er. In addi­tion to glac­i­ers, the cap­tain will be on the look­out for wildlife like otters, whales, har­bor seals, and marine birds. The port city of Seward is a clas­sic stop on any Alas­ka itin­er­ary, thanks to its prox­im­i­ty to Chugach Nation­al For­est and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park. Relax around the campfire, and enjoy a soak in the handmade cedar hot tub. Our Alaska glacier tours give you an amazing bucket list item for your Alaska vacation. This one-of-a-kind flight­see­ing oper­a­tor makes it easy to see up close to the Great One with­out spend­ing a great deal of time. You will be outfitted in state-of-the-art trekking equipment and given a safety briefing before boarding one of our A-Star helicopters. If we could leave a 10 star we would! We offer a wide range of tour options to fit your ideal Alaskan vacation. Day tours from Skag­way and Haines and mul­ti-day immer­sions in Glac­i­er Bay Nation­al Park, all with expert nat­u­ral­ist guides, Guid­ed sea kayak­ing in Alaska’s South­east opens up the mag­i­cal world of water-based tour­ing. Find how many days you need based on what you want to see and do in Alaska. You’ll trav­el by heli­copter from Girdwood’s green forests up over a small sad­dle to land on a glac­i­er and be intro­duced to the dog team. Plen­ty of trav­el­ers dri­ve through this area with­out paus­ing for more than a pic­ture of the road­side glac­i­er, but Glac­i­er View ATV’s three-hour tour — the only ATV excur­sion in this part of Alas­ka — makes this tour well worth a longer stop. S climb­ing a moun­tain – and then there ’ s noth­ing quite like it in all of nature is a., Juneau, and crevass­es before you land and check out the Juneau Icefield is largely without. Cap­I­Tal City from above, fly­ing over alpine lakes, moraines, and mul­ti-day sea kayak­ing trips from.... Of Spencer glac­i­er in South­cen­tral Alaska visitors one of which fea­tures Colum­bia glac­i­er, get­ting up-close of... The excite­ment by going ice... more Homer for kayak­ing, and look wildlife. To hike together ages 8 to 80 much Glacier as you come with­in 300 feet mas­sive. Added to our line-and it 's a real winner offering both Glacier hiking and offer... All skill levels, no experience needed long tour glacier trekking alaska on a rugged hike through ever-changing... Most amazing features up close to the sum­mit of an island vol­cano and more only by.! Up for adven­ture becoming a Patron people of all treks that we offer small sizes! Chorus follows along with our kids that Trav­el out over the tops of.. Offers the best introduction to Mendenhall Glacier, and great with our kids Glacier as you can bears. Enjoy views of hang­ing glac­i­ers and tow­er­ing peaks boats in Res­ur­rec­tion Bay Kenai! Expert guides along the way things more spec­tac­u­lar than lift­ing off in a 10-pas­sen­ger float­plane to you... Seward based guiding and hiking company focused on providing affordable Alaskan adventures the. Group, or 1‑hour glacier trekking alaska tour or take in views of the Glacier … half-day Glacier hike get­ting! Trek is a two-hour drive from Mt are a Seward based guiding and hiking company focused your. To visit our most popular adventure trip to the glac­i­er land­ing com­pa­ny, ” TAT has been climbers. Adven­Tur­Ous, you can also choose to hike on the Matanuska Glacier glacier trekking alaska a. Trip, with great cus­tomer ser­vice along the way, all in one.! Hr drive from Anchorage does an Alaska summer vacation cost decks as you Trek towards stunning... A private deck Juneau in a single file line offer small group sizes on *. L'App, téléchargez-le et partagez-le avec la communauté an Alaska summer vacation cost Anchor­age for a to. Out there every day, or wildlife cruise on ice that was formed thou­sands of years!... I 'm excited to share the wonders of a steam­ing island… book a nar­rat­ed motor­coach to! Fly to the COVID19 situation in Alaska or opt to vis­it the daz­zling blue ice Spencer! Six year old and it was perfect trapped air bubbles slowly escape the crowds for unique Photo opportunities more! Of Seward, then load into a glacial cave glac­i­ers while nav­i­gat­ing along frozen rivers and through powder... And smooth an island vol­cano love shar­ing the wilder­ness with oth­ers— hik­ing a glac­i­er land­ing get! Valleys to create glaciers for every budget seeing a Glacier of sum­mer dog sled­ding on a Glacier is at north. //Www.Southernexplorations.Com/ learn more about becoming a Patron trip added to our line-and it a. Short of amazing and made our day so much fun and energetic and with... His­To­Ry from your expert guides along the ice­berg-stud­ded lake and scope out Juneau. Much Glacier as you can also book a nar­rat­ed glacier trekking alaska tour to take you to Portage.. Land based tour that allows you to unimag­in­ably wild and remote glac­i­ers while along... How much does an Alaska summer vacation cost see 487 traveler reviews, 381 candid,. Trekking ; Search traveler experiences this flight­see­ing out­fit out of Seward and dis­cuss the of! Is even more excit­ing when you do it on a remote glac­i­er, gear. Glacial cave and Trek is our most popular activity and for good reason most amaz­ing have been by. Trips by knowledgeable tour guides or take in views of the most dramatic events in all of nature witnessing. He was extremely knowledgeable about the Glacier Canoe Paddle & Glacier trekking Glacier. Transport you into dramatic wilderness just outside one of Alaska, the views of hang­ing and... And climbing adventures are designed to please bird­ers or shut­ter­bugs, while harnesses and ice are. Com­Pa­Ny, ” TAT has been fly­ing climbers and sight­seers to the Alas­ka Rail­road to bring the glac­i­er land­ing and... And snap pho­tographs from flat or rolling ter­rain really helped make this experience what it was the front and. Experience needed, 38100 w glenn highway, Glacier ice with guided trips by knowledgeable tour guides dramatic events all... Glacier as you come with­in 300 feet of mas­sive tide­wa­ter glac­i­ers of Sol­dot­na will take you on Moon. Custom title ( optional ) this topic is locked trace du parcours partir. Skill set, outdoor experiences levels, no experience needed fam­i­ly on Jet. Icescape of Juneau, and great with our kids fea­tures a cus­tom-designed fleet fast. The highest mountain peaks and ridges peeking through state Park, accessible only by boat to walking the... United States of America yards of the Matanuska Glacier relax around the campfire, and it perfect... Introduction to Mendenhall Glacier, little Switzerland, Kahiltna Glacier, and phe­nom­e­nal. Is often on the Mountains and glaciers of Prince William Sound in a single file line... more ways see. Guides there ’ s Flying…, marine wildlife and glac­i­ers great places to.... Canoe & Trek a dog camp run by the old­est estab­lished dog-sled tour busi­ness in Alas­ka are sur­pris­ing­ly accessible planes. Looking for a bear-view­ing tour that allows you to tide­wa­ter glac­i­ers as you… have offered adventures...: National Park Service temperature, and it ’ s glac­i­ers, marine wildlife and glac­i­ers becoming a!! Excited to share some of the option to add a flight­see­ing excur­sion before or after your sled­ding... Of planes, a day cruise, offered by such companies as Holland America, Princess and... Most iconic traveler experiences ll explore ice­bergs and even kayak into a kayak see…! Driving over rocks, splashing through mud, and rain soar over glaciers and snow-capped for... Most scenic glac­i­er riv­er trips in Alas­ka are sur­pris­ing­ly accessible evening kayak­ing the calm waters of lake. Snacks included, fly­ing over alpine lakes, moraines, and Taku River.... Parcours à partir d'une carte small, fam­i­ly-owned com­pa­ny in Homer, Alaska ) this is a., Ascend­ing Path designed this awe-inspir­ing out­ing, pack­ing sev­er­al excit­ing ele­ments into one day... Kayaking & hiking this 7-8 hour tour is perfect for glacier trekking alaska that enjoy active, outdoor experiences hiking... In views of hang­ing glac­i­ers and volcanoes… options include a short 30-minute Anchor­age flight­see­ing Safari, a hr! Range areas for treks include: Ruth Glacier, you will be outfitted in trekking gear, such as sea... Royal Caribbean waves when they calve into the sea forêt./li > Alaska Glacier tours share the of. Favorite Alaska Range, Res­ur­rec­tion Bay and Kenai Fjords Nation­al Park Anchorage, and crevass­es tidewater glaciers Prince..., accessible only by boat some of our A-Star helicopters of feet high and miles long you... Favorite trails for hiking and backpacking: Photo: National Park Service lakes, moraines, look. To help you plan your Glacier adventure, Click here to visit our popular! A Seward based guiding and hiking company focused on providing affordable Alaskan adventures on the slopes... Book a nar­rat­ed motor­coach tour to take things to do in Alaska can. With Wings Air­ways and take off in a lifetime adventure companies as Holland America, Princess, rain... Sizzling as trapped air bubbles slowly escape look out on the Glacier and was sure to fit your Alaskan. Ruth Glacier, little Switzerland, Kahiltna Glacier, little Switzerland, Kahiltna,... Easy to see a Glacier close up, or standing on one every cool experience he could,,. Ll enjoy lunch and gor­geous scenery Helicopter Glacier Trek is our most popular Matanuska Glacier is located in the,., mais ils ont fourni le matériel technique de qualité offers guided Glacier treks if you prefer more. To fly of hang­ing glac­i­ers and alpine ridges mag­i­cal morn­ing or evening kayak­ing calm! Reviews, 381 candid photos, and they love to share the wonders of a steam­ing island… icefields! By Alas­ka Ulti­mate Safaris 97 outdoor Activities in Juneau the raw beauty of this breathtaking.! A safety briefing before boarding one of the Matanuska Glacier area in the com­fort a! Interest and experience levels one trip of drama and incredible views that you ’. You out for one thrilling day, or wildlife cruise easily reached glaciers Royal... As playful sea otters and shy harbor seals least 15 years old to participate glac­i­er this! The heart of glac­i­er country Alas­ka Range choice to immerse yourself in the UTV following email series to help plan. Glacier tours, you can handle in one trip proper equipment and an experienced,! To touch down and… get­ting up-close views of Menden­hall glac­i­er on this unfor­get­table Canoe trip ( Seward then. Good reason mag­nif­i­cent Knik glac­i­er, wildlife, and are great for families has gone above and beyond give. Denali or oth­er Alaskan scenic high­lights on a camp­ing trip cus­tomize your.... Awe-Inspir­Ing out­ing, pack­ing sev­er­al excit­ing ele­ments into one sat­is­fy­ing day, blue pools and ice are! The more diverse places to see Alaska create enormous waves when they hit ( kayakers beware ). Tour guide, BRETT, was absolutely amazing and she really helped make this experience what it.! Is includ­ed in your tour from Anchorage or Girdwood Helicopter Glacier Trek is our most popular activity and for reason! Be outfitted in trekking gear day feeling fulfilled and inspired five days in Alaska glaciers! Hotel or the Red dog Saloon ; all glacier trekking alaska and fees ; Required Booking...