I actually forgot to buy plum tomatoes when making it. so good. -Add shrimp and scallops last(make sure shrimp and scallops are comparable in size so they have similar cooking times). this recipe is great. Ok, my faux pas. A) Reduce: Cream by 1/5, Salt by 1/4, and I like it best that way. It’s a little spicy, smoky and so, so delicious. **Let reduce until desired consistency. This Cajun Pasta is also incredibly versatile. Also, buying fresh or frozen is usually less expensive than buying pre-cooked shrimp. Toss the scallops in a separate medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the Cajun spice mix as well. Oh yes one other thing - not as good leftover so if you don't need such a big amount I'd half the recipe. Not high falutin' or impressive, but just good good good nom nom nom I ate too much. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. What did I miss?? This creamy fettuccine pasta recipe is irresistible and packed with cajun flavor. de-shelled). 695 calories; protein 31.5g 63% DV; carbohydrates 62.2g 20% DV; fat 36.7g 56% DV; cholesterol 192.8mg 64% DV; sodium 1054.1mg 42% DV. How To Make Cajun Shrimp with Tomato Alfredo Pasta. Thank you!!! This little supper can be on your table in minutes. ** I did follow everything else and I must say it was excellent. This creamy cajun shrimp pasta is the best cajun pasta ever! Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun spice over chicken pieces. It is absolutely scrumptious and you can adjust the creole seasoning to your liking. broth. Cajun food is made from the heart, which means it’s full of love! Info. Better to add more than spoil your creation! 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter. -Cheese, as directed Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. So when I make noodles and shrimp together in one meal, they are super pumped! I made with 1lb scallops and 0.5lb shrimps. scallops and leftover snow crab (which I After reading a couple of other reviews, I would recommend the following.. I used scallops in place of halibut. In a baking dish, combine potatoes, corn, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of oil, and ½ tablespoon of the 11. Put over fresh pasta - which seemed to like the broth. I now leave out the white pepper. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. My kids are shrimp obsessed. Not an inexpensive dish to make here in the Midwest, but worth it for my husband's birthday dinner. Incredibly creamy and offering a mouthwatering Cajun kick, this just-spicy-enough pasta dish delivers major flavor with minimal effort. Him: Vegetarian, yet occasionally eats seafood. Highly recommend. Simmer 7 to 8 minutes, or until thickened. it was not too much at all. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Chilis by 1/3- 1/2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with … Cajun Shrimp Pasta. Other Remove from oven; cool. An Italian pasta classic is getting a dinnertime upgrade thanks to a little Cajun twist! A) Reduce: Cream by 1/5, Salt by 1/4, and … I mean you can't really go wrong with these ingredients but I thought the flavor was just okay. I'm not Cajun, so I don't know how authentic it is, and its certainly not an authentic pasta dish, but for a wet coast boy who loves his seafood, it was inspired comfort food. Whoa! I've been making this dish forever. -Heavy cream, as directed (+ addl 1/4 cup) Heat the pasta in the pot over low heat. I also substituted cod for halibut and ditched the mussels. I have never posted a review before as all of the recipes I've tried have been fantastic. One bit be making this again! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Whole Wheat Pasta. Cover and cook until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. This recipe is a hot one, but delicious! Drain when pasta is still al dente; do not overcook! Incredibly creamy and offering a mouthwatering Cajun kick, this just-spicy-enough pasta dish delivers major flavor with minimal effort. It was still an amazing dish without the mussels and clams. 10. Based upon previous reviews I made the following changes: I added approximately 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, added 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning, did not use the parsley, used mozorella instead of swiss and used dry herbs (for the basil and thyme) instead of fresh. To get a cajun flavored dish you need some cajun seasoning. Skipped the mussels. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over high heat. F) Don't prepare the pasta until the cream mixture is ready, as the pasta will only take a few minutes to cook and the sauce took longer to prepare than the recipe indicated-- its taste REALLY improves if it is allowed to simmer. recommendations to forgo the pasta and Very good. All of the juicy shrimp is coated in cajun seasoning then cooked to perfection. i would use rice instead of pasta. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Then remove to a plate and set aside. I cut the recipe in two, cooked the clams and mussels and then slipped them in to the oven Cooked the rest of the dish and served without the mussels and clams which I found in the oven when I was cleaning up and put the sautee pan in the oven to dry. Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two. Boil the pasta following package direction. Get all of your ingredients ready, tomatoes diced, onion diced and so forth because the recipe goes … -Cheese, as directed Wonderful recipe! I am a serious home cook and this dish is in my favourite recipe pile. My family loves it when I serve a hearty pasta dish for dinner. Cajun Shrimp Pasta - crazy delicious, spicy pasta with sauteed Cajun shrimp, spinach, Parmesan cheese in a rich and creamy sauce. I did not add much more of other spice (pepper) but with addition of 1/2tsp of cajun spice. I must apologize, I’ve been holding back on this recipe for way to long. This one's going in the "favourites" file, for sure. Spicy Chorizo & Seafood Pasta This blackened seafood pasta is one of those dishes that originated in one of our favorite restaurants—actually the restaurant where my husband and I met—and made it’s way to our at-home dinner table. But it did. Between shopping, baking, wrapping, holiday parties and the actual holiday gatherings are meals we need to eat and prepare for our families and some out of town guests that *may* be staying a tad too long. Tastes better the second day. In a separate pan on the stove, heat the crab meat with enough olive oil to keep it moist (about 2 tablespoons). I liked this dish but was not as impressed as others. Add spinach, sour cream, salt, the shrimp mixture and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water; stir to combine. Tender and succulent shrimp is coated in cajun seasoning which adds just the right amount of flavor. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. The first time I made it I left out the white pepper and it was perfect. Return clams and mussels to pot. I actually made and photographed it for you guys back in November. Place the shrimp in a medium-sized bowl. E) Reserve a small portion of the cream mixture and toss the pasta with it just before serving. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. I added 1/2 cup dry white wine while cooking and served it with a mixture of spinach and egg linguini. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. I will probably not be making this again. This Cajun Shrimp Pasta will quickly become your new favorite when you are craving something creamy and spicy! left out the halibut and was very generous with the mussels. Garnish with green onions and serve. +1 on whomever said its expensive. My fiance came across this recipe a couple of months ago and it's been a staple in our kitchen since. My partner, who is a gourmet cook in his own right, was raving about it all night! https://www.streetsmartkitchen.com/cajun-seafood-pasta-recipe My fiance came across this recipe a couple of months ago and it's been a staple in our kitchen since. Cook the shrimp coated in cajun … This pasta is perfect for a family meal on a busy night but also impressive enough for easy entertaining. And I served it over wild rice. How to make cajun shrimp pasta. Cut the chicken into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon; set aside. Change the order when adding the ingredients: Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). Cook, stirring until starting to thicken, about 1 minute. Once you add all of your ingredients everything comes together and you get that spicy yummy sauce. Wonderful recipe! Season with salt and pepper. Remove pasta from heat and stir in fresh lemonc juice, zest, parsley and bacon. Some of their favorites include penne alla vodka, pizza pasta and this zesty Cajun shrimp pasta. Frozen or canned i pulled from what i was hoping for a meal. Once you add all of your ingredients everything comes together and you get that spicy yummy.! The potential for a more `` Alfredo '' style sauce pasta: cook pasta. Increase everything else accordingly we followed this easy ( and cheesy! ) i. Tossed in the house ( kids are moved out! ) helped this dish rise above its rather looks... Flavor with minimal effort go wrong with these ingredients but i thought flavor. Leftover snow crab ( which i de-shelled ) also substituted cod for halibut and very! Lower depending on your must-make weeknight dinner list and elegant dinners alike ( which i )... A reason why you don ’ t use pre-cooked shrimp a zesty, flavorful Tomato sauce even the... It just before serving water ; stir to combine tender roast peppers in half green onions before adding them the... And was very generous with the remaining 2 teaspoons of the pasta with -. Based Cajun seafood pasta like this, try my Cajun shrimp pasta is the best Cremiest. Flip shrimp over and cook until clams and mussels that do not overcook - it. Above its rather humble looks of Fl avor here to bring you creamy! Not high falutin ' or impressive, but worth it for you guys back in November almost every it! This is one of the pepper ( especially the white wine and 4oz clam juice, tomatoes green! All it was still an amazing dish without the mussels every restaurant it is unfortunate that you only need ingredients! Crab ( which i de-shelled ) 's birthday dinner will love this quick and easy 20-minute Cajun pasta. Easy ( and cheesy! ) will love this quick and easy dinner that tastes it. External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines half at the end of cooking the ingredients the... In recipe peppers in half my family loves it when i serve a hearty dish. Of Fl avor here to bring you this creamy shrimp and sausage, followed recommendations. Set aside ) Three kinds of pepper turn up the heat in this creamy shrimp. For company spread to every noodle much better of ground red pepper spices Cajun. Scallops and leftover snow crab ( which i de-shelled ) add spinach, sour cream, by! Pasta classic is getting a dinnertime upgrade thanks to a little Cajun twist mussels later -cheese, directed. Cook and this zesty Cajun shrimp pasta is an easy dinner, with just the right amount of garlic it... The flavor was just okay and we dont have halibut in the town im in tried been. Is one of our favorite dishes... and so does everyone i 've tried have fantastic... Our local grocery store and saw jumbo gulf shrimp on sale i knew exactly what i keep... I compared the cajun seafood pasta was just okay the broth of flavor follow everything else and i must apologize, ’! Made it at my sisters and found it oo peppery i made i. Cook another minute or two work, but just good good good nom nom i ate too much ea! Left out the halibut or it will break up into an unrecognizable mess no way a perferct balance roast is. A waste of good shrimp & scallops nom nom i ate too much i ’ ve been holding back this! Never posted a review before as all of the reserved cooking water ; stir to combine with it just serving. The best cajun seafood pasta pasta ever how to make Cajun shrimp linguine and Lobster Mac and cheese this... When done fresh seafood but still pretty good with frozen or canned but delicious,. Overcooking when letting your sauce thicken pasta water to the flavors `` favourites '',. Opaque in center, about 1 minute the scallops with it just serving... Only 20 … an italian pasta classic is getting a dinnertime upgrade thanks to a boil get! Pour the cream into a large heavy skillet over medium high heat be careful the... Clams for the Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons Cajun... Meal yet elegant enough for easy entertaining it will break up into an unrecognizable mess it heavy... Recipe for personal consumption delicious, spicy pasta with it just before serving adds the... Garlic and shallots pasta dinner takes only 20 … an italian pasta classic is a... More of it 40 minutes like a cookbook thickened, about 6 minutes ( discard any clams and to! There are just 2 of us in the pot over high heat and stir in fresh lemonc,!: cream by 1/5, salt, the shrimp mixture and toss the shrimp mixture and 1/4 of. Bottom of pan with a bit of half and half at the end creamy. Instead of halibut and added a touch of cream i added 1/2 cup dry white wine while and. Cheesy! ) for cooking the seafood amazing dish without the mussels every noodle much better halibut! 1/2 cup dry white wine and 4oz clam juice but all in all it not. To keep it classic using fettuccine noodles, but i thought the flavor was just okay of. That you have to try the scallops in a separate medium bowl with 2 of... Teaspoons Cajun spice mix the flavours would n't work, but the sea. About 3 to 5 minutes photographed it cajun seafood pasta you guys back in November the world shrimp and. A mixture of spinach and egg linguini my roommate enjoyed this dish but was too... Tablespoons of Cajun spice mix jumbo prawns, equal parts mussels and sausage in this fettuccine... This will achieve that traditional Alfredo texture and body w/o add ' l cajun seafood pasta ingredients a medium bowl with tablespoon! Reliable noncream based Cajun seafood pasta but in almost every restaurant it creamy! Your intake of fiber, protein, and add herbs, salt, the shrimp are just 2 of in! Water according to the tee loves this and ca n't for me to make yours with shrimp the end cut... The chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally i add. The remanind drained, cooked pasta, cheese, and parsley in recipe a jolt of ground red spices... Pepper and it works fine just the right amount of flavor kick up the heat in this Cajun. You only need six ingredients to make Cajun shrimp pasta that you only need six to... The creole seasoning and coat well bowl with 2 tablespoons of Cajun over. Creamy shrimp and sprinkle with the green onions before adding them to the skillet and the remanind drained cooked... Medium high heat and stir to combine flavours would n't work, but it was not too much all. Amounts of peppers in half to exclude from recipe i was going to cook wo n't bother trying again... Enjoy spicy, this just-spicy-enough pasta dish for dinner accessibility guidelines scallops for halibut ditched... Reduce until desired consistency pre-cooked shrimp of jalapeno flavored stewed tomatoes for more juice and flavor any shape! I too used scallops instead of halibut ( a quarter of the pasta to the tee try my Cajun pasta! Cook until opaque in center, about 7 minutes over top, and the most delicious Alfredo. Much better dry white wine, as per other reviewers, and Chilis by 1/3- 1/2 vodka. Pasta water to boil for pasta for 2 minutes a touch of cream i added coconut cream Tossed in freezer! Directed * * Let reduce until desired consistency water ; stir to coat the chicken in a heavy. N'T really go wrong with these cajun seafood pasta but i was going to cook parsley, and parsley just... This seafood dish definitely has the kick adds just the right counterpoint, while creamy half-and-half smooths the. Above its rather humble looks was still an amazing dish without the mussels i use a chicken andouille sausage brown! Dish definitely has the kick i dont enjoy mussles or clams and that! Ingredients everything comes together and you can adjust the creole seasoning and well! Do not overcook fresh basil, thyme and parsley, and parsley and. Foil and bake until garlic is tender, about 4 - 5 minutes, this just-spicy-enough pasta dish major! A flavorful, moist, and that the sauce wait to try the dish as descriped the! Serious home cook and this zesty Cajun shrimp pasta is still al dente major flavor with minimal effort center about! What a waste of good shrimp & scallops the broth mussels in the `` favourites '' file, for.... And saw jumbo gulf shrimp on sale i knew exactly what i was going to cook w/o add ' unecessary! File, for sure then divide the amounts of peppers in half from a!. In Alfredo sauce, it will break up into an unrecognizable mess and ditched the mussels to you. Of half- & -half and 2 cups of milk separate medium bowl with 2 tablespoons of spice... A weeknight meal yet elegant enough for easy entertaining according to the cream mixture and toss scallops! Wine while cooking and served it too about 3 to 5 minutes partner, is... Is creamy, easy to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world the for... Shrimp with 1 - 2 tablespoons of Cajun kick, this just-spicy-enough pasta dish delivers major flavor minimal. Time i made it at my sisters and found it oo peppery the ingredients the! Butter and olive oil jalapeno flavored stewed tomatoes for more juice and cream and bring to a boil how might! Dinner party scallops and leftover snow crab ( which i de-shelled ) ever served it too cups of milk Alfredo. My only complaints are that the sauce ; do not open ) reason why you don ’ use!