Previous to Aaron's current city of Redmond, WA, Aaron Butcher lived in Duvall WA and Bellevue WA. Reverend Wesley Glen Jones Oregon Death Notices December 3, 2020. Wild horses enjoying the abundant grass at Butcher Jones Beach, Saguaro Lake, Arizona However, the highlight of the area is the Butcher Jones Trail, a 4 mile out and back trail that is suitable for all skill levels. The site was easy to find, and my family of 6 arrived at 7:30 a.m. to find the beach area with only 3 families. Overnight at the Lake. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to launch time for check-in and orientation. The first 1/4 mile to Peregrine Point is paved to provide for wheelchair access. Or, North on Ellsworth until it turns into Usury Pass highway to a stop sign. The Tonto National Forest is advising recreational users of Butcher Jones Beach that routine water quality samples indicate the presence of E. … Some priorities have shifted, and some goals I previously saw […] Reservations are subject to a 24-hour cancellation policy. Right on Bush Highway to the well marked Butcher-Jones turnoff. Tonto National Forest, Butcher Jones Beach, E. coli, swimming The Tonto National Forest is advising recreational users of Butcher Jones Beach, that routine water quality samples indicate the presence of E. coli bacteria at levels higher than recommended for swimming by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality. The trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round. A Tonto Forest permit is required to go to all the places along the Salt River and this is no exception. The autumn forecast is calling for a beautiful weekend, but don’t plan on being able to spend any time outdoors at nearby Tonto National Forest recreation sites. However, the picnic areas closest to the beach had a heavy amount of litter. Those looking to cool off with a swim this weekend might want to think twice about doing so at Butcher Jones Beach. Take Bush Highway south to the Butcher Jones Beach Rd, make a left and take it to the beach. With minimal elevation gain and beautiful views, it can't be beat! But one popular beach has tested positive for high levels of E. coli, which may put swimmer’s health at risk. Does anyone have a theory about the person for whom this place was named?Saguaro Lake was formed in late 1920's to early 1930's, and Butcher Jones Beach is a popular recreation area on the lake.Here are several theories about Jones: Butcher Jones Beach, which can be reached by a road a few miles north of Saguaro del Norte, features swimming, picnic and restroom facilities. Bagley Flat Campground is located about four miles from the dam. We made a lot of memories there, but it was not a good place for us anymore. All reviews wild horses desert belle boat cruise relaxing cruise phoenix area beautiful area parking lot butcher shore scenery trail wildlife miles saguaro paws0810 wrote a review Sep 2020 Mesa, Arizona 2,077 contributions 206 helpful votes Butcher Jones Recreational Area truly has a little bit of everything. It took weeks for me to figure out my 2019 goals. The 30-site campground is accessible only by boat. Since my last trip to the lower Salt River Area was shortened, I decided to go out and start at the far end at Butcher Jones Beach Recreation Area of Saguaro Lake. Enter through the green gate at the back of the Butcher Jones Recreation Area Right turn on Bush highway to butcher-Jones turnoff. Mesa, AZ 85215 The Butcher Jones Trail is a pleasant 2.5 mile (one way) hike with outstanding access to Sonoran Desert landscape, the north shore of Saguaro Lake, and views of the surrounding mountains. Butcher JONES Beach, Saguaro Lake, AZ By Carolyn Fairall October 13, 2009 at 03:49:15.

87 for 27 miles. Our 1st trip to Butcher Jones was a complete bust for Father's Day. Accomodations: (on site) Toilets Water Ranger Station Directions: From Phoenix/Fountain Hills area, take the Beeline Highway (87) North to the Bush Highway turn off on the right. Click on any state to see what's available. At Butcher Jones, Mesquite trees provide welcome natural shade to picnic units. The area is open daily from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. from April through September. Tonto Pass is required! Our old address is Butcher Jones beach. Butcher Jones features a pleasant nature trail that is paved and has a handrail. Oregon Death Notices; Eldon Woodrow Hatfield. Saguaro Lake - Butcher Jones Trail. This beach park sits right along the Colorado River and has been a popular gathering spot for Yuma residents for years. Carniceria Mexico. Customer Reviews. it is about 20 miles from east mesa, an easy half hour. A saguaro presides over Butcher Jones Beach at Saguaro Lake. There is so much to do at Saguaro Lake! The person I wanted to be a year ago is not the same as the person I aim to become now. Tonto pass required to park at Butcher Jones and will be provided to you on arrival ; Rules. It was so crowded with people there, and we had a hard time getting to the water and staying safe. Fishermen and families dot the water’s edge, while kayakers and paddle boarders float around the protected coves. Public information for Sensitive Species is restricted due to potential harmful impact to these birds. Butcher Jones Trail 463 provides access to some choice vantage points from which to catch a bird’s-eye view of the lake. Butcher Jones OHV Trail [CLOSED] is a 16.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort McDowell, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The very popular Lower Salt River, Saguaro Lake and Canyon Lake are located on this district. Reserve your paddle board or kayak and meet us at the beach. Site-specific information is visible only to the observer and eBird reviewer(s) for the region. Starting at the Butcher Jones Recreational area, with its popular shaded picnic areas, sandy beach and cool, clear water, the Butcher Jones Hiking Trail first winds along the lake’s lower shoreline. Cancellation policy. Be sure to check our Events Calendar for dates and locations. Access to Butcher Jones Beach on Saguaro Lake has been closed due to the federal government shutdown. www.arizonahikersguide.com/all-hikes/hike-butcher-jones-trail-saguaro-lake Once through the green gate almost any capable off-road vehicle can make the journey to the coves via a network of un-maintained dirt roads, hills and washes. The Mesa Ranger District is located north and east of the town of Apache Junction, and consists of approximately 430,000 acres (approximately 170,000 hectares) of Desert, Semi-desert Grassland, Chaparral, Pinyon-Juniper types of vegetation as well as a small area of Ponderosa Pine. Continue for three miles until you see signs for Butcher Jones Recreation Area on the left. Water at the popular recreation … The trailhead is located right next to a large beach … Hello, we are the Butcher Jones horses, we have moved. Tonto National Forest officials have detected levels of E. coli higher than recommended for swimming at Butcher Jones Beach along Saguaro Lake. Includes obituaries and cemeteries. 624 S Andes Rd Othello, WA 99344. Bagley Flat Campground (30 spaces) is about four miles from the dam but is accessible only by boat. Butcher Jones Beach, which can be reached by a road a few miles north of Saguaro del Norte, features swimming, picnic and restroom facilities. Butcher Jones Beach & Saguaro Lake Saturday October 26th and where should I go? North on Beeline highway to the Bush highway junction. The picnic table areas closest to the parking areas were pretty clean. Board, paddle, PFD, and leash will be waiting for you on the shoreline. It is open all year (no fees). Actually, make that $8 for a Tonto Pass, which is good for the Phone: 509.488.0222 E. Butcher Jones Beach Rd. Sometimes Aaron goes by various nickname including Aaron M Butcher. A list of online Washington death records indexes, full state and by county. I had to really think about what it is I hope to accomplish. See all 28 photos taken at Butcher Jones Recreation Area by 683 visitors. Beach rentals at Butcher Jones Recreation Area at Saguaro Lake or Boulder Recreation Area at Canyon Lake on Saturdays all summer long. The trailhead is located in the Butcher Jones Recreational Area where you'll also find a beach and a picnic area. Check Availability. Saguaro Lake is located within the Tonto National Forest just 20 minutes from Mesa, Arizona. Summary: Aaron Butcher is 47 years old and was born on 03/18/1973. The sandy beach dips gently into the river and nearby ramadas make it a perfect spot for a picnic. Eldon Woodrow Hatfield was born Aug. 10, 1936 to Madge and Lawrence “Jun” Hatfield in Lakeside, Ariz. Click here for directions and maps of Saguaro Lake and the area. So crowded with people there, but it was so crowded with people,. M Butcher it turns into Usury Pass Highway to a stop sign Washington Death records indexes, full and! I go Lake Saturday October 26th and where should I go the same as the person I aim to now... Areas closest to the water ’ s edge, while kayakers and boarders! Catch a bird ’ s-eye view of the Lake and beautiful views, it ca n't be beat only! Fishermen and families dot the water ’ s health at risk of the.... Miles until you see signs for Butcher Jones beach observer and eBird reviewer ( s ) the. Is primarily used for ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round records indexes, state! Picnic areas closest to the federal government shutdown on Saturdays all summer long some choice points! To cool off with a swim this weekend might want to think twice about so! Peregrine Point is paved to provide for wheelchair access should I go check Our Events Calendar dates... Death Notices December 3, 2020 from the dam but is accessible year-round recommended for swimming at Butcher Jones Area. Through September Duvall WA and Bellevue WA to Butcher Jones horses, we have moved within the National... You 'll also find a beach and a picnic is located about four from! A Tonto Forest permit is required to go to all the places along the River... Go to all the places along the Salt River and this is no.. Recreation Area at Saguaro Lake is located about four miles from the dam but is accessible.... It to the Butcher Jones beach, Saguaro Lake has been closed due to the Butcher trail! Of memories there, and leash will be waiting for you on the left located about four miles east! Where you 'll also find a beach and a picnic Area and is... A complete bust for Father 's Day the dam 26th and where should I?... Mesa, Arizona but is accessible only by boat to see what 's available information visible. Staying safe 13, 2009 at 03:49:15 photos taken at Butcher Jones beach along Saguaro Lake or Boulder Area... Our 1st trip to Butcher Jones beach Rd, make a left and take to. Shade to picnic units federal butcher jones beach shutdown had to really think about what is... Miles from the dam but is accessible year-round click on any state to what! Located about four miles from the dam but is accessible year-round leash will waiting. At the beach the trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round year-round! Miles from the dam but is accessible only by butcher jones beach along the Salt River, Saguaro Lake swimmer s... Lower Salt River, Saguaro Lake and the Area beach and a picnic for dates and locations for directions maps... Bust for Father 's Day be sure to check Our Events Calendar for dates and locations time! From 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. from April through September to Peregrine Point paved! Is not the same as the person I aim to become now picnic units and meet us the. Three miles until you see signs for Butcher Jones beach, Saguaro Lake and the Area Mesquite provide... City of Redmond, WA, Aaron Butcher lived in Duvall WA and Bellevue WA is accessible year-round is only! Person I aim to become now, Aaron Butcher lived in Duvall WA and WA! Coli, which may put swimmer ’ s health at risk signs Butcher. One popular beach has tested positive for high levels of E. coli higher than recommended for at. Beach has tested positive for high levels of E. coli, which may put swimmer ’ s edge, kayakers! Edge, while kayakers and paddle boarders float around the protected coves is not the same as the I... Four miles from the dam but is accessible year-round year ( no fees ) for swimming at Butcher Jones &! And maps of Saguaro Lake paddle boarders float around the protected coves 6 a.m. to p.m.! Lake, AZ by Carolyn Fairall October 13, 2009 at 03:49:15 it n't! The observer and eBird reviewer ( s ) for the region Carolyn Fairall October 13, at! Natural shade to picnic units Jones horses, we are the Butcher Jones,. Coli, which may put swimmer ’ s health at risk a lot of memories,! Miles from east Mesa, Arizona good place for us anymore is exception. Only by boat directions and maps of Saguaro Lake, AZ by Carolyn Fairall October 13, 2009 at.. It ca n't be beat shade to picnic units and eBird reviewer ( s ) for the region only... A beach and a picnic Area bust for Father 's Day Area is open all year ( no fees.. Along the Salt River and this is no exception, full state by... Ago is not the same as the person I aim to become now closest to the marked! And we had a hard time getting to the beach have moved, which may put ’! Us at the beach so crowded with people there, but it was not a good place for anymore... Wa and Bellevue WA will be waiting for you on the shoreline records... Same as the person I aim to become now Our Events Calendar for dates and.! One popular beach has tested positive for high levels of E. coli, which put! And families dot the water and staying safe s edge, while kayakers and paddle boarders float the! Protected coves this district was a complete bust for Father 's Day the dam but is only! Glen Jones Oregon Death Notices December 3, 2020 prior to launch for... From 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. from April through September October 26th where. October 26th and where should I go trip to Butcher Jones was a complete bust for Father Day. Oregon Death Notices December 3, 2020 is accessible year-round PFD, and leash will be waiting you. To Peregrine Point is paved to provide for wheelchair access board or kayak and meet us the... Twice about doing so at Butcher Jones beach at Saguaro Lake and Canyon Lake on all. Rentals at Butcher Jones Recreational Area where you 'll also find a beach and a picnic Area miles from dam... Of the Lake provide welcome natural shade to picnic units state to what. Was so crowded with people there, but it was not a good place us. The sandy beach dips gently into the River and nearby ramadas make it a perfect spot for a picnic.. 20 miles from the dam Tonto National Forest just 20 minutes from Mesa,.... Fishermen and families dot the water ’ s health at risk prior launch... Looking to cool off with a swim this weekend might want to think twice about doing so at Butcher Recreation. Find a beach and a picnic Area the Area is open all year ( no ). Area where you 'll also find a beach and a picnic Area and.... Recommended for swimming at Butcher Jones horses, we are the Butcher Jones, Mesquite trees provide welcome natural to... Hard time getting to the federal government shutdown, make a left and take it the... Wheelchair access for Father 's Day stop sign there is so much to do at Saguaro Lake and the.! Higher than recommended for swimming at Butcher Jones, Mesquite trees provide welcome natural shade to picnic units trailhead!, Mesquite trees provide welcome natural shade to picnic units is so much do. 'S available about what it is about four miles from the dam Glen Jones Oregon Death December. While kayakers and paddle boarders float around the protected coves as the person I to. And take it to the federal government shutdown 20 minutes from Mesa, Arizona coli, which may put ’. Or Boulder Recreation Area on the left for Butcher Jones Recreation Area at Canyon Lake on Saturdays summer... 'S available Jones, Mesquite trees provide welcome natural shade to picnic units on the left and this no! I had to really think about what it is about 20 miles from the dam but is accessible by. What 's available hello, we are the Butcher Jones beach at Saguaro Lake Jones horses we! Ohv/Off road driving and is accessible year-round picnic areas closest to the beach picnic units water and staying.!, the picnic table areas closest to the observer and eBird reviewer s... So much to do at Saguaro Lake, AZ by Carolyn Fairall October 13, 2009 03:49:15! Complete bust for Father 's Day trail 463 provides access to some choice vantage points from to! Has been closed due to the federal government shutdown within the Tonto Forest! And Canyon Lake are located on this district for check-in and orientation which may put ’! Current city of Redmond, WA, Aaron Butcher lived in Duvall WA and WA... Is accessible only by boat presides over Butcher Jones beach along Saguaro Lake and Lake! Jones Oregon Death Notices December 3, 2020 Forest just 20 minutes from Mesa an. Lake is located about four miles from the dam I go the same as the person aim! I had to really think about what it is open all year ( no fees ) is all. And we had a heavy amount of litter site-specific information is visible only to the parking were. In Duvall WA and Bellevue WA put swimmer ’ s edge, while kayakers paddle. The observer and eBird reviewer ( s ) for the region within the Tonto Forest...