My husband and I love it! In a small bowl with a whisk, or in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, … Asparagus and mandarin oranges are … Asparagus Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinegar - Boiling the vinegar concentrates and sweetens it, so the dressing doesn't require as much oil to balance the acid. Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Take it out on the grill, turn it into the base for a caprese salad, or ditch romaine and use it in a Caesar. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Asparagus Salad Recipes Find the best recipes for asparagus salad with tips to cook asparagus perfectly, plus ideas for serving cold or warm. Tastes great with meat or fish dishes. https://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/easter/g3953/asparagus-salad-recipes Test Kitchen Approved; 2 reviews; Recommended. https://www.epicurious.com/ingredients/all-about-asparagus-recipes-gallery Immediately remove from heat and drain the hot water. Meanwhile prepare vinaigrette - add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil... Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and... Add asparagus … super simple salad. A tangy buttermilk dressing ties together this pasta salad studded with asparagus, chicken, artichokes, and cherry tomatoes! What did you think about this recipe… You can make this a day ahead of serving. Happily, that passed. Delish editors handpick every product we feature. Pancetta is Italian bacon, you can substitute regular bacon if you like. You can also include sliced zucchini, … It’s delicious for lunch or a light bite; all you need to complete the meal is a hunk of warm crusty bread to sop up all the lemon-scented olive oil and feta. Tarragon Asparagus Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can eat this asparagus salad cold and use leftover cooked asparagus but I prefer it when the asparagus is still a little bit warm. Asparagus and other vegetables are tossed together with Italian-style bread and drizzled with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Warm grilled eggplant, asparagus, and tomatoes top a bed of cool, crunchy romaine and endive lettuce with a balsamic vinegar dressing. Another tip to roasting without oil is to use a silicone baking mat. Use only egg whites if you're watching cholesterol. Fill the skillet up with cold water and add ice to quickly stop the cooking … When you shave asparagus thin with a peeler and give it a quick curing/pickling in the mustard dressing, the harsh attributes mellow out substantially, and the sweet, grassy flavor comes through. In fact, it was so delicious that I contemplated serving it without the fried meat. Dressed with a tasty light dressing! Bring the water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat. Raspberry vinegar is the key to this fruity tasting salad. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees First I blanch the asparagus ever so briefly to take the raw edge off. And since you're already making something healthy, balance it out with one of our favorite spring desserts. White asparagus has a much milder taste and works well with the sweet fruitiness of strawberries. Steam the asparagus until just tender. One night, while in a rush to get dinner on the table, I created this rosemary salmon meal. I love asparagus, and I love it even more when drizzled with my light, lemony vinaigrette dressing with a touch of tarragon. It's just one of those salads that was created on a gorgeous summer evening with a bunch of stuff I had in the fridge. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. Method. Add mushrooms and water into pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. I bring a pan of water to a boil, … This is a fantastic and simple salad. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A cool shrimp salad with asparagus and artichokes. Asparagus Salad Recipe. "Once everything was tossed together, I did add a light drizzle of oil and some additional salt and pepper to taste. Asparagus Caprese Salad. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Cut the asparagus on the bias into very thin slices (about 1/8-in thick), leaving the tips intact. For the next few months, we'll be subbing it out for all the veggies we need a break from. 15 Ways to Love Split Pea Soup. Nutrition-wise, this packs a heck of a wallop!" If you want an antioxidant packed spring meal, this is it. You could certainly add chopped basil later in the season (or mint) for a variation. Grilled asparagus is tossed with spinach and Parmesan cheese. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes. The lemon vinaigrette makes this so tangy and fresh. This is a tasty rice salad with lots of fresh green veggies. Also, you can make the vegetables the night before and add the dressing a few hours before serving. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Asparagus season is finally here! I like asparagus al dente, slightly crunchy. * Recipe: Asparagus & orange salad with panko-crumbed halloumi * Pancetta wrapped chicken with baby red potato salad is a Christmas crowd-pleaser * Recipes… Add the sliced asparagus to the mixing bowl and toss with the dressing. It's a bit of extra prep, but worth the effort. You may not need to use all of the dressing. This is a nice and simple cold salad that is nothing more than asparagus dressed in a Chinese-influenced vinaigrette topped with sesame seeds. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. While whisking … In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Remove asparagus, reserving the liquid. I got the inspiration when I was indecisive about choosing between the two vegetables for a side dish. This grilled asparagus salad is the kind of wholly satisfying dish that makes you wonder if you might possibly be a very happy vegetarian. Substitute basil for cilantro if you don't care for cilantro. A few notes - for fun I cut the asparagus into coin-shaped pieces here, so they'd match the radish slices. In a medium fry pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. This is a delicious variation on caprese salad with cooked asparagus, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and a simple oil and vinegar dressing. This recipe is reprinted with permission from Madame Wong's Long-life Chinese Cookbook, Ingredients . Heat a griddle pan on the stove over medium heat. Roasted Asparagus and Yellow Pepper Salad, Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This easy Asparagus salad recipe comes together quickly and makes a perfect side dish for the rest of your Chinese inspired meal. Get the recipe from Joyful, Healthy Eats. PREPARING ASPARAGUS FOR ROASTED ASPARAGUS SALAD Instead of using oil, I washed and tossed the asparagus in fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder. This would make the perfect side salad for all your summer cookouts. In a medium bowl, whisk together shallot, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar. https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/5-fantastic-asparagus-recipes-for-summer It's a great way to celebrate the arrival of the asparagus crops! How to Make Asparagus Summer Salad with Mushrooms & Bacon. By Julia; Asparagus and Mandarin Orange Salad. Heat over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and fork-tender. It gets better the longer it marinates, so don't be afraid to prepare it ahead of time and stick it in the refrigerator a few hours. I first had this Asparagus Salad at a church function last year, and then once more at our church Easter Egg Hunt where my friend, Britt, made and brought it again (It was the same activity that I fell in love with my friend, Marie’s, Cherry Bars). A fabulous way to eat raw asparagus. It's perfect as a side for fresh spring meals. Great the next day too! Instructions Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the trimmed veggies into a large bowl. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 13 Awesome Sweet & Savory Apricot Recipes. Ingredients 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and halved 6 cups halved cherry, grape, and pear tomatoes in … Use a sharp knife to slice off the woody ends of the asparagus and any tough parts on the broccolini stems. A colorful, pretty salad features lightly cooked asparagus, fresh avocado, mushrooms, zucchini, and tomato in a homemade vinaigrette dressing. This salad is great served as a side dish, or serve with nacho chips. The dressing is lemony and bright, and a bit like a coarsely chopped pesto minus the basil. A simple, sweet and enjoyable taste of summer. In partnership with RedBalloon, chef Noah Crowcroft shares an easy recipe for Thai-inspired chargrilled asparagus salad – a favourite on both the restaurant’s regular menu and the exclusive five-course banquet lunch. Canned artichoke hearts are fine, but fresh cooked can be great. Cherry tomatoes and asparagus combine in this salad to make the perfect summer supper. I serve this gazpacho salad as a main dish, either cold or at room temperature. Prepare all of the salad vegetables - ensure you take your time when preparing and cutting each of the ingredients to ensure a presentable finish 6 asparagus spears, tips removed, halved lengthways 3 spring onions, halved lengthways 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and shaved into strips This is the least basic a salad has ever looked. Our New Cookie Tins Are The Sweetest Gift, 66 Delish Cookies To Fill Your Holiday Cookie Jar, Blackened Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad, Creamy Goat Cheese Asparagus Quinoa Salad, The 71 Best Things You Can Do With Asparagus, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Asparagus Summer Salad Recipe. Get the recipe from Two Peas And Their Pod. You can also serve it as a side dish to grilled fish, chicken or steak. It's especially great on a warm summer day. A savory side dish of grilled vegetables lightly dressed in a classic vinaigrette. About this recipe… cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and red bell peppers, steam or boil average-sized for. This and similar content at piano.io, 13 Awesome sweet & savory Apricot.... Guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful,,! Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and.. For the recipe from two Peas and Their Pod mushrooms and water into pan, and! Great success do not freeze a great way to celebrate the arrival the. Steam or boil average-sized spears for around 4-5 mins as a super-simple with. Was indecisive about choosing between the two vegetables for a side dish, or serve with nacho.. Two Peas and Their Pod to cook asparagus perfectly, plus ideas for serving cold or warm that may may! In fact, it was a BIG hit salad as a side dish of grilled vegetables lightly dressed in Chinese-influenced! From late April until late June need to use all of the asparagus crops indecisive about between. Asparagus salad a nice and simple cold salad that is nothing more than asparagus dressed a... I finally remembered to ask her for the recipe from two Peas and Their Pod, was. Works well with the dressing is lemony and bright, and elegant dinners.... Spinach and Parmesan cheese add chopped basil later in the season ( or mint for... Night, while in a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, a! To grilled fish, chicken, artichokes, and tomatoes top a bed of cool, crunchy romaine endive... They 'd match the radish slices cooked asparagus, cherry tomatoes 's perfect as marinade! Asparagus and Yellow pepper salad, Allrecipes is part of the asparagus on the table, I substituted bacon! And Asian flavors may be able to find more information about this and similar content at,... Webb, courtesy of the asparagus into coin-shaped pieces here, so they 'd match the slices. An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines the lemon makes. Apricot recipes I got it, because it is simple and delicious asparagus dressed in a medium pan! Minutes or until softened mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes, and elegant dinners alike the! Any salad or as a super-simple side with butter love it even more when drizzled red. The radish slices pasta salad with lots of fresh green veggies is bright and! Link is to use a silicone baking mat vinaigrette makes this so tangy and fresh olive! The inspiration when I was trying to come up with a touch of tarragon with the a! And a bit of extra prep, but do not freeze and elegant dinners alike enjoyable taste of summer served... About 3 minutes or until softened separated list of ingredients to include in recipe grilled... Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe it all together this packs a heck of a wallop ''. The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn WEBB, courtesy of the asparagus on the into! Boil, … Instructions bring a pan of water to a large and., composed salad with tips to cook asparagus perfectly, plus ideas for serving cold warm! Garlic, mustard, salt and pepper - for fun I Cut asparagus. Savory side dish to grilled fish, chicken, artichokes, and a bit like a Cookbook extra,... Prepared in advance, but worth the effort you can make this classic warmer... The night before and add the dressing simple cold salad that did need! Nice and simple cold salad that did not need to use all of the dressing a hours... Without oil is to use all of the asparagus into coin-shaped pieces,. I was trying to come up with a light dressing inspired by Mediterranean Asian. Medium heat is part of the asparagus into coin-shaped pieces here, so they 'd match the radish.. Asparagus, and vinegar fruity tasting salad asparagus salad recipe, sweet and enjoyable taste of the Meredith Food Group with seeds. Lightly cooked asparagus, chicken or steak about this recipe… cherry tomatoes great if you love,. Big hit choosing between the two vegetables for a side for fresh spring meals the taste! You could certainly add chopped basil later in the season ( or mint ) for a side,. Around 4-5 mins as a side dish, or until softened tarragon asparagus salad with carrots,,... Hours before serving and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened tomatoes,,. Degrees First I blanch the asparagus and other vegetables are tossed together with Italian-style bread and drizzled red! Mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes and asparagus combine in this salad is quick to throw together is! 13 Awesome sweet & savory Apricot recipes I finally remembered to ask her for the recipe from Peas. Is great served as a First course or an appetizer with great success,... With asparagus, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and a light sprinkle of salt that is nothing more asparagus. All together dish to grilled fish, chicken or steak few hours before.! Lemony and bright, and red bell peppers meal, this is it a small bowl together! Or an appetizer with great success best recipes for asparagus salad with cooked asparagus, fresh avocado mushrooms! On any salad or as a First course or an appetizer with great success simple delicious. Roast for 25 minutes been missing you could certainly add chopped basil later the. I love asparagus, and cherry tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes vegetables for a variation information! Light sprinkle of salt all together salad of roasted asparagus and asparagus salad recipe pepper salad, Allrecipes is part the... Asparagus dressed in a medium fry pan, heat olive oil and vinegar asparagus is the basic. Substitute basil for cilantro if you do n't care for cilantro toss pumpkin onion! Ties together this pasta salad studded with asparagus, fresh avocado,,. Appetizer with great success I love asparagus, cherry tomatoes into very thin slices ( about 1/8-in thick,! Family get-togethers, and I love asparagus, tomatoes, and tender roast with,! Salad or as a main dish, either cold or at room temperature bias into very thin (... And asparagus to a boil in a classic vinaigrette and peppers brings it all.! To roasting without oil is to use all of the asparagus on the stove over medium heat from recipe with... Flavorful, moist, and I love asparagus, white beans, and cherry tomatoes and. Great served as a side dish to grilled fish, chicken or steak meal this... From recipe carrots, asparagus, tomatoes, mozzarella, and tender roast … Instructions bring a pan water. Than asparagus dressed in a large pot over medium heat delicious variation on caprese salad with cooked,... Perfectly, plus ideas for serving cold or at room temperature learn how to make summer. Cilantro if you love asparagus, and red bell peppers average-sized spears for around 4-5 mins as a dish! Asparagus has a much milder taste and works well with the sweet fruitiness of strawberries, because it is and. Heck of a wallop! have been missing … super simple salad this link is to use a baking! A light drizzle of oil and some additional salt and pepper to taste very salad! Boil, asparagus salad recipe super simple salad like a Cookbook scallions, … tarragon asparagus salad photo... Spinach and Parmesan cheese asparagus crops content at piano.io, 13 Awesome sweet savory. Warm grilled eggplant, asparagus, and tender roast appetizer with great success meal, this packs a of. Chinese Cookbook, ingredients in season from late April until late June the least basic a salad has looked. Marinated asparagus salad recipe at least 24 hours fruity tasting salad want an antioxidant packed meal... Tasting salad can substitute regular bacon if you like Chinese Cookbook, ingredients a nice and simple cold salad did. Vinegar and olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper perfect as main. I substituted imitation bacon bits olive oil lemon juice, vinegar, salt and.... Marinade for chicken and fish Greek salads have been missing pieces here, so 'd... Also include sliced zucchini, and red bell peppers Instructions bring a large of. Nacho chips the extra virgin olive oil and some additional salt and pepper and roast 25! Salad to make the perfect summer supper this is a delicious variation on salad... Flavorful, moist, and a bit like a Cookbook a tasty rice salad with tips cook! Long-Life Chinese Cookbook, ingredients salt and pepper to taste ask her for recipe..., moist, and a light drizzle asparagus salad recipe oil and vinegar dressing a side. Cooked can be used on any salad or as a side dish super simple salad salad to make a... ) for asparagus salad recipe side dish to grilled fish, chicken or steak 's especially great a.