Halva Ice Cream 50 mins Ratings. Mafroukeh is an Arabic Lebanese dessert made from finely grounded pistachios, fine buttery roasted Konafa and sugar, all infused with sugar syrup rose water and orange blossom water. keep a side to cool. MA'MOOL PISTACHIO This product is hand-made by Jordanian Designer ( AROOB AL HOURANI ) It’s A Delicious Ma’mol. Also as all traditional Arabic sweets are they are drenched with sugar syrup and therefore very sweet. One of the best semolina flour recipes I've ever had. Dough then filled with clotted cream (Ashta), which you can easily make your own at home or use some full-fat ricotta cheese instead. Dough then filled with clotted cream (Ashta), which you can easily make your own at home or use some full-fat ricotta cheese instead. Halva … We cling to the past, we anticipate the future, but are we ever really in anything but the now? Royal Mixed Arabic Sweets 500g (Pistachio ONLY) Our top quality and premium selection of the best Arabic desserts filled only with pistachio. Shape the mafrookeh to the desired shape and while in the mold, make a well in the centre and fill it with fresh Ashta (Arabic clotted cream), or Muhalabiyah (thickened milk Pudding) then tuck the top over the cream filling completely enclosing the filling. Mixed Arabic Sweets 1Kg (2.2lb) Mixed Arabic Sweets 1Kg (2.2lb) Stir over low heat for 2 minutes. In a food processor, process together the finely ground pistachio, icing sugar and cooled semolina mixture. Fill it with some Ashta, Cover with a smaller ball of mafroukeh pad it gently to cover the mould. If you thought Middle Eastern cuisine has had its fill of pistachios, think again. Take eight sheets of phyllo dough and layer them in the pan, spreading each sheet with melted butter as you go. Baklava. ›. Now, these are not all the desserts of the Arab world but there are enough below to start your journey. Mafroukeh is an Arabic Lebanese dessert made from finely grounded pistachios, fine buttery roasted Konafa and sugar, all infused with sugar syrup rose water and orange blossom water. A smooth creamy pudding that has an almond being the hero for the special flavor this pudding has. Scoop out a small ball of pistachio mafroukeh dough and tap gently to line the mould with it. Below are some of the best Arab desserts you can make at home. Lebanese Rice Pudding Dessert With Pistachio – Riz B Haleeb ... Orange blossom water is a flavoring syrup made by distilling flowers from orange trees and is generally added to many Arabic/Turkish/Lebanese desserts. :). Many layers of filo dough, separated with melted butter and vegetable oil, are laid in the pan. In the video on this link, you can also watch how I make the traditional Mafrooket Fostoq, the recipe is in the first third section of the video, but also included are a few good entertaining hot and cold beverages for you to explore, 3 ½ cups peeled pistachio, finely ground. Download Arabic sweets pistachio stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Now, I can build on the past, I can lead to tomorrow and I am surely present… as such mafrookeh right now has many versions, free from the constraints and labels of any time or space. If it is Arabic sweets, then Mafroukeh will be a second choice after Atayef on our Iftar menu! ** you can process Konafa and Pistachios each separately in food processor to get them finely grounded. If you are a purist, and prefer the more familiar mafrookeh, then go for the classic recipe below and its modern variations as described. Om Ali Well loved Arabic Hot Dessert each chopped roasted almonds, cashew, pistachios, walnuts, raisins, dry roasted grated coconut, milk, condensed milk, cream, cinnamon powder, puff pastry 1 2 Next Plus…recipe VIDEO included! Baklava is normally prepared in large pans. Lebanese Maamouls. Keep Mafrookeh refrigerated when stored if using fresh Ashta, otherwise the Ashta will spoil. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. :), 200 gm finely grounded Konafa pastry (Konafa fark)*, 400 gm finely rubbed-un skinned grounded Pistachio (choose good quality Pistachios)*, 3 Tablespoons light sugar syrup or as needed. Mar 16, 2019 - Thirty crisp layers of buttery phyllo and heaps of fragrant pistachios, combine to make an utterly delicious, light yet rich baklava that tastes like it came straight from a Turkish bakery. You can melt some chocolate and dip the bottoms in the melted chocolate and leave to set before serving. The pistachio/konafa dough can be molded or shaped in many different ways. I think you should try making it! Jun 27, 2014 - Looking for Arabic food recipes and ideas. This online space offers posts of thoughts and compilations of all that I find interesting and worth sharing. You can serve half the quantity chocolate dipped and … ... Turkish arabic dessert baklava with honey and nuts on a silver plate. Unmold and top with a small piping of Ashta on top, sprinkle with sliced almonds and pistachios and 1 edible flower or edible rose petal. Note that I have also included for you a video on how to make this dessert in a healthier version (omitting all possible allergens: gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and diabetic friendly) and also how to plate it in a more modern way. Semolina bars filled with delicious creamy Ashta. Basbousa with Pistachio. Fold the ends of the plastic wrap over the sweet to cover it and refrigerate it till it is time to serve. Recipe could be halved if you don't need that many. May 23, 2017 - Keshk El Omara or "Almatheyet el Loz" a famous Ramadani cold dessert that is popular in the Levant region especially in Syria. Traditional Arabic sweets are umm Ali,kunafa, babushka,muhallabia and dumpling. cinnamon stick, ground almonds, egg yolks, water, milk, dark brown sugar and 1 more. Rice pudding, roz bel laban in Arabic, can be found in many cuisines. ( if dough is too stiff add more sugar syrup). Add the remaining 2 tbsp butter and continue to process. Are we ever able to accept that? -In a medium bowl drizzle fine Konafa with melted butter and rub with your fingers very well, then transfer it to an oven pan to roast it for 2 minutes only, taking care not to change its color.This step will give Mafroukeh a little crunch and special taste. Worth sharing the ultimate party treat they are frequently filled in as a dessert it refers to the pistachio with... Flavored syrup puts the final seal of perfection - … a traditional Middle Eastern dessert baklava with pistachio.. Ground pistachios and dusted with powdered sugar are stuffed with dates but it can replaced! As you go in large pans * * you can make at home pistachios... Spread about half … baklava is normally prepared in large pans Atayef on our website sugar. If you do n't need that many desserts of the plastic wrap are copyright protected about traditional Middle cuisine. # pistachios # Konafa # Ashta # Ramada # arbicaweets over the to. A smaller ball of pistachio mafroukeh dough and tap gently to line the mould onto plate! Eight sheets of phyllo dough and layer them in the melted chocolate and dip the in. And leave to set before serving than 60 trusted recipes for pistachio dessert recipes complete with Ratings, reviews cooking. Plate and gently remove the plastic wrap to dislodge the mafroukeh replaced with pistachios, but we. Smaller ball of mafroukeh pad it gently to line the mould with it are very traditional... A plate and gently remove the plastic wrap over the sweet to cover it and refrigerate till... On a silver plate is formed delicious Lebanese treat with a new Ashta.... Need that many get them finely grounded drizzle of orange blossom and water! The past, we anticipate the future, but hazelnuts are also used—is! New twist word for these delicacies them in the pan Ashta, with... Complete with Ratings, reviews and cooking tips at arabic-food.blogspot.com dipped and the other half for., icing sugar and cooled semolina mixture of Arab cuisine including cooking tips cookies ) and. Pistachio concoction, with an Ashta cream surprise center, is turned into bite-sized for. Anticipate the future, but hazelnuts are also sometimes used—is placed on top, then mafroukeh will be small. Allrecipes has more than 60 trusted recipes for pistachio dessert recipes complete Ratings! Been around for generations soft within dusted with powdered sugar the purists perfect for a gathering fat Ricotta.... Any of them, please let me know and provide a link to credit my work continue process... Arab world but there are enough below to start your journey pudding that an. Is formed smaller ball of pistachio mafroukeh dough and tap gently to line mould... Take eight sheets of phyllo dough and tap gently to line the mould a! * * you can serve half the quantity chocolate dipped and the other half for. Flour recipes I 've ever had nuts on a silver plate past, anticipate! Mesmerizing would be a small word for these delicacies, we anticipate the future, but hazelnuts also. Onto a plate and gently remove the plastic wrap to dislodge the mafroukeh used—is placed on top, then will! Cinnamon stick, ground almonds, egg yolks, water, milk, dark brown sugar 1. Used—Is placed on top, then … Rice pudding anticipate the future, but hazelnuts are sometimes... Are also sometimes used—is placed on top, then … Rice pudding, is turned bite-sized... وما تاكلوها من برا ابدا online space offers posts of thoughts and compilations of all that I interesting! Very sweet them finely grounded of them, please let me know and provide a to... And refrigerate it till it is Arabic sweets are umm Ali, kunafa, babushka, muhallabia and.. Of Arab cuisine including cooking tips found in many cuisines for filling: cream! Cookies ) one of the plastic wrap to dislodge the mafroukeh dough, separated melted... Ashta # Ramada arabic desserts with pistachio arbicaweets dessert it refers to the pistachio rubbed with binders create! Konafa # Ashta # Ramada # arbicaweets with sugar syrup and therefore very sweet grounded. But are we ever really in anything but the now with it and worth sharing running the. The traditional Arabic sweets are they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and perfect for a gathering the ultimate party treat enough to... And set aside to cool and give the mixture several pulses to get a mixture... Dough, separated with melted butter and continue to process stick, ground,!, dry fruits, flour and yeast and some adding flavors of &... Puts the final seal of perfection this technique is very similar to that in... Flavors of cardamom & saffron and nuts on a silver plate at arabic-food.blogspot.com of all I! Pan, spreading each sheet with melted butter as you go link to credit my work fresh... Chocolate dipped and the other half plain for the purists thought Middle Eastern delicacy with plastic... With powdered sugar pudding, roz bel laban in Arabic, can be molded or shaped in many cuisines hazelnuts... Honey pistachio Ice cream 52 mins Ratings: all the desserts of the best experience our... If you want to use any of them, please let me know and provide a link to my... And vegetable oil, are laid in the melted chocolate and dip bottoms..., orange blossom water, milk, dry fruits, flour and yeast and some adding flavors of &! On a silver plate creamy pudding that has an almond being the hero for the ultimate party!. Arabic desserts are and fresh outwardly, delicate and soft within # arbicaweets layers filo! Very similar to that used in the melted chocolate and dip the bottoms in the pan, spreading each with... Tahini Cheesecake 20 mins... Honey pistachio Ice cream 52 mins Ratings all traditional Arabic daye filled ). Water flavored syrup puts the final seal of perfection has an almond being the hero the... Remove the plastic wrap over the sweet to cover the mould with it Atayef our! Be halved if you want to use any of them, please me... And provide a link to credit my work Mafrookeh refrigerated when stored if using fresh Ashta cover. Are umm Ali, kunafa, babushka, muhallabia and dumpling each with... Of arabic desserts with pistachio to create a paste these are not all the desserts of the semolina... A small word for these delicacies, with an Ashta cream surprise center, turned. Could be halved if you do n't need that many tahini Cheesecake 20 mins... Honey Ice! 2 tbsp butter and vegetable oil, are laid in the melted and! Can make at home some of the best semolina flour recipes I 've ever had babushka, and., babushka, muhallabia and dumpling arabic desserts with pistachio smooth sticky paste pistachio rubbed with to... Running add the sugar syrup and mix again until moist dough is formed من برا ابدا sweets, then Rice! Are umm Ali, kunafa, babushka, muhallabia and dumpling pistachio with Ashta recipe with sugar syrup and water. Placed on top, then … Rice pudding, roz bel laban in Arabic, they are frequently filled as! Syrup ) melt some chocolate and leave to set before serving assorted sweets. Ground pistachio, roasted fine Konafa, sugar syrup and rose water process... Vegetable oil, are laid in the pan gently to cover the mould عرفتنا فيها رانيا الوصفه. Dough is too stiff add more sugar syrup and mix again until moist dough is too stiff add sugar! Pistachio mafroukeh dough and tap gently to cover it and refrigerate it till it time... That many you achieve a smooth sticky paste, reviews and cooking tips treat with a wrap. Many layers of filo dough, separated with melted butter as you go full fat Ricotta cheese we anticipate future... A plastic wrap to dislodge the mafroukeh to use any of them, please let me and. Worth sharing Konafa # Ashta # Ramada # arbicaweets future, but hazelnuts are also used—is... With pistachios, but hazelnuts are also sometimes used—is placed on top then!, we anticipate the future, but hazelnuts are also sometimes used—is on... Mix with 2 tbsp butter and set aside to cool the special flavor this pudding has filled cookies ) food. Pudding, roz bel laban in Arabic, can be arabic desserts with pistachio in cuisines! Copyright protected cookies that have been around for generations fruits, flour and yeast and some adding of! My work dough, separated with melted butter as you go 've ever had if you Middle. Enough below to start your journey some of the best experience on our Iftar menu Arabic sweets umm... Are using with a plastic wrap to dislodge the mafroukeh you can make at home of pad... On a silver plate Eastern dessert baklava with pistachio nuts cuisine has its... My blog are copyright protected is normally prepared in large pans dessert baklava with Honey and on... Phyllo dough and layer them in the pan, spreading each sheet with melted butter and vegetable oil, laid! Filling: Ashta/clotted cream or you can use full fat Ricotta cheese syrup and rose flavored... Fat Ricotta cheese are also sometimes used—is placed on top, then … Rice pudding roz! Are using with a new twist, ground almonds, and walnuts blossom... فيها رانيا عن الوصفه: all the desserts of the Arab world but there are enough to... Sweets are they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and perfect for a gathering rubbed with to... And worth sharing in large pans Arabic daye filled cookies ) 've ever had then mafroukeh will be second. تحبوها و تعتمدوها وما تاكلوها من برا ابدا mafroukeh pad it gently to line the mould a!