Peel, core, or cut the stems off as needed, then dice the fruit into bite-size pieces. My family enjoys them for a warm lunch or light dinner. With fruit like cherries or strawberries, remove all stems, pits, and skins, if necessary, from the fruit before tossing it in the bowl. —Nancy Billups, Princeton, Iowa, Here's one of my husband's favorite dishes. It is an awesome way to feed a crowd and super easy cake recipe because the steps are so simple. —Hope Wasylenki, Gahanna, OH, The spices really liven up this filling chicken tortilla soup. What a delicious, healthy classic! Cakes, pies, and cobblers all benefit from these flavorful and fresh-tasting fruits, whether you're using a classic like cherries or going for a more tropical twist with pineapples. For a hot meal on a cold day, I love to serve them with a side of warm pasta tossed in olive oil. I recommend chilling the fruit salad for at least a few hours before serving although Weston is known for trying to sneak in a few bites before it goes into the refrigerator to chill. But not all canned varieties are created equal. Have one tonight and put the other on ice for a future busy weeknight. What You Will Need To Make This Summer Fruit Salad. —Hope Wasylenki, Gahanna, Ohio, To make a more adult version of this recipe, use brandy instead of the extra tropical fruit juice. They're so moist, they don't need butter. You can substitute any canned or frozen beans for the canned lentils in this easy vegetable potpie. —Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota, This casserole is perfect for a special brunch. To make basic fruit salad, you can use any of your favorite fruits, like strawberries, cherries, blueberries, apples, peaches, and kiwi. For extra kick, add a splash of hot sauce. This easy fruit salad uses only 4 ingredients that are easy to find and will save you time for a recipe that will become a family favorite! During last-minute menu planning, I often include this classic ambrosia salad recipe because I keep the ingredients on hand. —Kimberly Coleman, Columbia, South Carolina, While this special chicken and wild rice casserole is perfect for a company dinner, it's also just too good not to make often for everyday family meals. Mini Cherry Cheesecakes. Mariah is the mom of 2 and a former educator (preschool - 4th grade & special education) with a degree in human development. —Marion Bartone, Conneaut, Ohio, I often bring this special salad to potlucks, and everyone goes crazy for the sweet and crunchy combination. I cooked the hot lunch main dish for about 1,300 students daily, but when I got home I liked to make this simple old-time dessert for my husband and sons. —Laurie Todd, Columbus, Mississippi, This meatless Monday superstar comes together quickly and is inexpensive as well. Winter Fruit Salad Recipes. I like that it can be made without much fuss. —Arleta Schurle, Clay Center, Kansas, Chicken breasts are treated to black beans, red peppers and juicy tomatoes in this Southwestern supper. —Beth Olby, Ashland, Wisconsin, At family get-togethers, our children always request this spirit-warming ground beef soup along with a fresh loaf of homemade bread and tall glasses of milk. It’s versatile and easy—no wonder it’s a longtime family favorite. You will definitely want to add this easy fruit cocktail dump cake to your list of canned fruit cocktail recipes after you try it once. —Teresa Gustafson, Elkton, Maryland, With tangy dried cranberries tucked inside and a creamy brown butter frosting, these mildly spiced pumpkin bars are doubly delightful. With this fruit cocktail salad, you can just leave it as is or hey, go dump in enough cherries for everyone. I’ve been looking at your blog and love it! —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada, This delicious chicken and broccoli casserole recipe is a twist on chicken divan that came from an old boss. Whatever you want to call this easy recipe, it’s been a staple at cookouts and Thanksgiving in my family for years. Karen Mellinger Baker of Dover, Ohio blends a can of crushed pineapple into her meatballs to create a taste-tempting treat. I simmer them in tomato sauce, green chiles and seasonings until they're tender and flavorful, then serve them in tortillas with our favorite fresh toppings. Best of all, the sweet and tangy glaze that coats this big batch of bite-size snacks is a snap to prepare. You can throw it together in a snap! Dump cake is typically a traditional cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple. It tastes like it's made with love and yet it requires so little time and attention. —Samantha Westveer, Kentwood, Michigan, This quick recipe tastes just like lasagna, but you make it on the stove. —Genie Gunn, Asheville, North Carolina, My aunt who lived in Hawaii gave me this cherished recipe. Your email address will not be published. She drains them and mixes them right in with the fruit. Just cut the slider burgers recipe in half if you only want to make one batch. It's easy to make and serve. Trust me, this one is a keeper. Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. -Barbara Nowakowski, Mesa, Arizona, I frequently cooked this dish when I was on the cross-country team in college. —Krista Marshall, Fort Wayne, Indiana, I like this recipe since I can prepare it in advance when entertaining. At the end of summer, I freeze them for cold months when produce costs are high. —Jan Moon, Alamogordo, New Mexico, I came up with this recipe one day when I had some leftover bratwurst. https://www.johnnyskitchen.us/old-fashioned-recipes/brandied-fruit.html I asked her for the recipe and I've made it several times since, especially when I have leftover turkey to use up. Mix everything together. Everyone who tries it gives it high marks. —Anna Miller, Churdan, Iowa, I sometimes make turkey just so I have the extras for the casserole! Top it with toasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of pumpkin oil and even fried sage leaves. Filed Under: Recipes Tagged With: Thanksgiving. Fruit fluff, ambrosia, marshmallow salad. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada, Frito pie is legendary in the Southwest for being spicy, salty and cheesy fabulous. But if you want to know the secrets to making a really good fruit salad, read on! —Vickie Spoerle, Indianapolis, Indiana, I discovered a different way to serve economical turkey thighs. —Melissa Polk, West Lafayette, Indiana, This orange salad dessert is slightly sweet and tangy, too. I always think of her when I make it, whether it’s for the holidays or an everyday meal. Empty the entire container of Cool Whip into a large bowl. Plus, it's easy to prepare. —Piper Spiwak, Vienna, Virginia, Canned peaches make a delightful addition to the sauce I use to flavor my spareribs. —Keri Sparks, Little Elm, Texas. My family raves about these air-fryer chimichangas. —Julie Ruble, Charlotte, North Carolina, When the snow begins falling, I make a heartwarming stew with pork ribs and hominy. These zesty, crunchy chickpeas will have everyone happily munching. —Karen Hatcher, St. Amant, Louisiana, These tasty sloppy joes with plenty of mass appeal are perfect for a gathering. — Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Here's an Italian favorite made easier by using prepared spaghetti sauce and canned broth for the flavorful base. —Darlene Buerger, Peoria, Arizona, My sausage pasta is a must-try dish. The Taste of Home Test Kitchen took my recipe for chili without beans and turned it into a scrumptious enchilada casserole. Required fields are marked *, Have questions or comments about this post? If you have the starter, begin with step 1. And the addition of the miniature marshmallows makes it fun for all. I'm sensitive to cow's milk, so I use goat cheese crumbles on my portion instead of the Parmesan. This casserole is both comforting and fast, which makes it my favorite kind of recipe. Whenever I make them, I'm reminded of home. We think it is very nice served with some crusty rolls or French bread. I've made it over the years and passed it down to my grandchildren. If I can't find escarole, I sub fresh spinach at the very end of cooking. Cool the meat sauce in shallow bowls in the fridge, then cover and refrigerate them overnight. Fruit Cocktail Dump Cake. —Nick Iverson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I've been told by fellow party-goers that this recipe tastes exactly like a jalapeno popper. Also you can use fat free cottage cheese, or lower fat cottage cheese. —Lorrie Grabczynski, Commerce Township, Michigan, My family requests this dessert each Thanksgiving. Because I use canned fruit for my fruit salad, it consists of pears, green grapes, peaches, maraschino cherries, and pineapple. Or you can try another easy fruit salad recipe! With its creamy spaghetti filling and melted cheese topping, this casserole holds a nice cut and comforts hungry tummies. Fold the fruit into the Cool Whip and pudding mixture. —Pamela Scott, Garland, Texas. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. I like to top it with sour cream and serve with tortilla chips and salsa, but it’s wonderful on its own, too. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia, A friend brought me a big casserole of mac and cheese along with the recipe many years ago after I had had knee surgery. Lightly stir the fruit juice into the … I serve it with broccoli or green beans on the side. It has a deliciously sweet and tangy taste. —JoAnn Fox, Johnson City, Tennessee, While exploring Mexican restaurants, I tasted chiles rellenos and wanted to make them at home. https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-canned-fruit-crisp-recipe-304949 You've found it! Cut some fat by leaving out the bacon. For variety, I sometimes add one-half cup of salsa or one-half cup of thickened teriyaki sauce. —Mallory Lynch, Madison, Wisconsin, This recipe is so quick and easy, and I always receive a ton of compliments. —Jena Coffey, Sunset Hills, Missouri, It never hurts to have a few meals you can whip up in very little time, and this hearty soup is one of my busy-day favorites. —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma, Why serve tacos only in ordinary flour or corn tortillas? Serve warm. This is a fill-you-up recipe of lightly spiced comfort. —Carla Kreider, Quarryville, Pennsylvania, My sister, who worked as a dietitian for years, gave me this recipe. My favorite thing about making this ambrosia salad Cool Whip recipe (besides how easy it is), is that we can change up the flavors a bit. You'll find my easy Spanish rice is better than any found in grocery stores. The fresh fruit adds both a flavor contrast and textural element to the canned fruit cocktail, which tends to be all soft and difficult to distinguish the flavors of the classic combination of peaches, pears, grapes, pineapple, and cherries that are in it. Even people who don't care for cranberries usually like this treat.—Christine Halandras, Meeker, Colorado, Everyone who tries this comforting, cheesy chicken and noodle casserole asks for the recipe. Easy Ideas for Busy Parents | Houston Texas Mom Blog. I love that you can easily and quickly make an insanely delicious fruit salad, and it only requires a handful of ingredients. I created this dish to fill two pans because these cheeseburger sliders disappear fast. Bringing over this casserole was the one thing I could think of to help them out in a tiny way and let them know I was thinking of them. Lightly oil the top of the paper. We loved this veggie-packed bake so much I would have to make two! —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor, These nacho bites are a fun fusion of Greek appetizers and flavors of the American Southwest. That’s how I made fruit salad. She’s also been known to sneak some chopped walnuts into her version! I serve it with a green salad. https://foxhollowcottage.com/fast-and-easy-5-minute-fruit-salad-recipe.html —Kay Pederson, Yellville, Arkansas, A perfect partner for your Christmas goose, this warm and fruity side dish can simmer while you prepare the rest of your menu, or make it a day ahead and reheat before serving. The next day, transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker to finish cooking, and then keep it warm for the party. Add Even the elbow macaroni is prepared in the slow cooker. It’s a well-loved recipe in my home now. —Barbara Brown, Janesville, Wisconsin, A dear friend brought me some of this soup when I was ill—and it instantly hit the spot. —Barbara Banski, Fenton, Michigan, This cheesy casserole uses several of my family's favorite ingredients, including macaroni, kidney beans, tomatoes and cheese. Then, coat a large bowl with 2 tbsp of lemon juice, put the diced fruit … If you would like to add a little sweetness to the fruit salad, you can use our Basic Syrup recipe. It’s quick, satisfying comfort food. You can substitute blueberries for grapes, or mix half grapes, and half blueberries. I used Dole Tropical Fruit instead of fruit cocktail. You can substitute any canned or frozen beans for the canned lentils in this easy vegetable potpie. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/salads/easy-easy-fruit-salad A little about Cycle For Survival: Founded in 2007, Cycle for Survival has raised more than $61 million to date, directly funding clinical trials and research studies that bring new hope to countless lives touched by rare cancers. Step 1 – Open a can of fruit cocktail in juice and strain it over a bowl, reserving the juice. For a meaty version, substitute shredded chicken for half of the potato. —Julie Ridlon, Solway, Minnesota, This chili may be loaded, but we love to build it up even more with toppings like pico de gallo, red onion, cilantro and cheese. It's been a favorite of my husband's ever since and is requested whenever the guys are hanging out. For a change of pace, I sometimes use cinnamon graham crackers instead of plain ones. The kids don’t love the nuts, but the great thing is that we can easily divide this into two bowls and add some nuts into one bowl without causing any extra work! Just because it is called winter fruit salad … If you’re trying to get your kids in the kitchen with you more, fruit cocktail salad is a great recipe for them to help with! (I’ve included some affiliate links for your convenience. Feel free to use your favorite pie filling in place of cherry. Please join us on. I then add in a banana and red grapes. It adds beautiful color to any meal and appeals to appetites of all ages! Mix all of the drained fruit together in a separate bowl. —Connie McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware. It’s perfect for holiday meals and for grilling out during the summer. You could use light canned pears or another canned fruit, sometimes I also use fresh pears. Make sure you buy pitted canned cherries, not cherry pie filling. —Ann Eastman, Santa Monica, California, This colorful curry is a nice change of pace for a busy weeknight. 4 boxes of jello, 2 each of 1 flavor (you can use whatever flavors you want, but we normally stick with flavors that complement the fruit we are using) Sour Cream; 1 large package of FRESH Strawberries (dont be lazy and use frozen, fresh strawberries are what makes this fruit salad … It uses convenient pie filling, so you can make it in no time—and it takes mere minutes to heat in the microwave. —Lin Krankel, Oxford, Michigan, This escarole and bean soup has become a favorite because it uses kitchen staples, it's packed with healthy ingredients and is a cinch to prepare. When she asks what she should bring, the reply is always: “Your beans and sausage—and a couple copies of the recipe!” — Robert Saulnier, Clarksburg, Massachusetts, I usually cook for only me and my husband, so I try to scale down most recipes. Cut fruit, toss fruit and boom, you’ve got fruit salad. We love it served with rice plumped up in chicken broth. This time I didn’t make it with cherries but that’s Grambo’s favorite part. It's a delicious dinner for two that's easy to double for company. It's just the filling meal to warm you up on a cold, wintry day! Green chilies and chili powder give it some oomph. —Kathy Rogers, Hudson, Ohio, I start this with plenty of fruit, add the yogurt for dressing, then mix in just enough marshmallows and coconut so it tastes like the fresh and creamy version I grew up with. —Melissa McCabe, Long Beach, California, Mother frequently made this comforting chicken tortilla casserole when I was growing up. We also like using frozen edamame. I have a toddler and a 6 month old so I can relate! I combined several recipes and changed flavors until the recipe was just right. Need a quick sweet dish for dessert or entertaining? —Kari Adams, Fort Collins, Colorado, While I lived in Mexico in the 1960s, a friend's mother gave me her grandmother's empanada recipe. Make sure to drain the juice from your fruit before you do this. —Anne Powers, Munford, Alabama, I created this cheeseburger pasta recipe to satisfy a craving. If you’re looking for another easy sweet treat you can make with your kids, try our chocolate cake mix cookie recipe or learn how to make football brownies! —Stella Schams, Tempe, Arizona, Looking for a quick dessert that will make people think you spent all day in the kitchen? Flavor soda. Best of all, it can be prepared in the same amount of time as those so-called “quick and easy” boxes. - If you are taking the salad somewhere or eating it later, be sure and keep the fruit and yogurt dressing in separate bowls and then mix together when you are ready to serve. I’m making this for thanksgiving tomorrow, it’s my husbands favorite and I’m anxious to see how the vanilla pudding plays into it! package instant vanilla pudding mix (I usually use sugar-free.). —Maggie Torsney-Weir, Los Angeles, California, For a change of pace, you can substitute fresh or frozen peach slices for the pineapple in this old-fashioned recipe. Serve over rice, these sweet-tangy ribs make a sensational meal any time of the year.—Jeanne Brino, Woodbury, Minnesota, This recipe makes two cheesy, delicious casseroles. —Patricia Gale, Monticello, Illinois, Looking for a lighter snack that's still a crowd-pleaser? But I make this dish just the way it is because my husband loves the leftovers.—Sandy Pelfrey, North Canton, Ohio, This nutritious yet economical summer meal makes the most of my home-grown peppers. —Judi Bringegar, Liberty, North Carolina Get Recipe, Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Covid vaccine distributions: States tough questions about who should get Covid-19 vaccines after the initial groups, Google will end political ad ban this week. Step four. If you don't have the starter, follow the link to Friendship Fruit Starter. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho, With pretty bits of pineapple, these meatballs are sure to attract attention ... and the sweet-tart sauce brings people back for seconds. Andi's Pears and Cottage Cheese Breakfast/Snack I just throw this together for breakfast or a snack. Rebecca Phipps shares a favorite entree soup from her kitchen in Rural Hall, North Carolina. Plus, it's creamy, sweet, and flavorful, so it's pretty much a dessert salad which makes it perfect for picky kids, parties, and more! —Rita Goshaw, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, I play around with ingredients in my pantry instead of running to the store when I don’t know what’s for dinner. Read more about Mariah! When it's in season, substitute fresh corn for frozen. It's a good thing the recipe makes lots, because once you taste one, you won't be able to resist going back for more! Mix well. But really though, a fruit salad can contain whatever combination of fruit you … She would prepare a traditional tropical meal for us whenever we visited, and this fruity side was always included. Then fold the fruit into the Cool Whip and pudding mixture. But here are the basic ingredients you need to whip up a batch of this Cool Whip ambrosia salad! This burrito-inspired dish is ready for the table in almost no time! —Carol Wakley, North East, Pennsylvania, This veggie-packed casserole hits the spot on chilly nights. My husband and I teamed up to create this new favorite recipe, stuffed poblano peppers. Strawberries – You can slice or dice them if you prefer that texture. I came up with this spicy chicken enchiladas recipe shortly after I got married. Arrange the fruit in the cake pan. What an awesome spicy twist! You also want to add one can of sweet cherries. —Doris Cox, New Freedom, Pennsylvania, I like to spice up my meat dishes with peppers, and this Basque piperade—adapted from a Spanish recipe—is a family favorite. —Elizabeth Tokariuk, Lethbridge, Alberta, This is one of the best peach dump cake recipes in the world. —Tina Barrett, Houston, Texas, I especially like this dish because I can get it ready the day before I need it. - I imagine you can use any fruit + yogurt combination you love for this fruit salad. I like to substitute fresh peas for frozen when they're in season. —Kristi Black, Harrison Township, Michigan, Add butternut squash to chili for a tasty, filling, energy-packed dish your whole family will love. If you're taking them to an event later in the day, simplify your morning by cooking the beef mixture and stirring in other ingredients the night before. —Anne Smithson, Cary, North Carolina, This chunky meal in a bowl makes terrific use of nutrient-packed vegetables. It's so simple to make that sometimes I feel like I'm cheating! Here’s my easy take on this crunchy classic. It's sweet, tender cake with a beautifully crisp cobbler topping. They've been well received at family gatherings and summer barbecues. Line a cake tin with baking paper (grease-proof paper or baking parchment). Mix in the vanilla pudding mix until smooth. Just add a leafy salad for a complete meal. This Dutch oven dump cake will wow your guests. It’s a sweet and speedy treat that can be served as a dessert or salad. DIRECTIONS Drain the pineapple juice and mandarin orange juice into a large bowl. But it's equally good any time I have a taste for Mexican food with all the fixings, too. This easy 5 cup salad recipe is one of them! —Stephanie Lambert, Moseley, Virgina, These filling and flavorful vegetarian stuffed peppers are an updated version of my mom's stuffed peppers, which were a favorite when I was growing up in upstate New York. “My husband and I are both diabetics and like to find tasty recipes like this one that are in line with our dietary requirements.” TASTY TIP Rebecca Phipps likes to serve her Meatball Soup with baked wheat tortilla triangles, fresh fruit and a variety of cubed cheeses to round out this meal. The main thing is that you need the juice from the can and if you want to make this sugar free, it needs to be sugar free. No matter what time of year, this hearty, crowd-pleasing Italian casserole is always a hit. —Renee Hollobaugh, Altoona, Pennsylvania, When it’s done slow-cooking, this beef shreds like a dream. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California, Ground cumin, chili powder and a can of Mexican diced tomatoes jazz up my goulash recipe. Yes, you need fresh fruit, but also make sure to have a large cutting board, a sharp paring knife, a large bowl and a mixing spoon. It's still tasty. It just tastes so good when it’s hot and bubbly from the oven. —Jeanne Larson, Mission Viejo, California, A family favorite, this rice casserole is stuffed with plenty of crab and shrimp to make a special dish that's also hearty, homey and so easy to make! The almonds and water chestnuts give it a nice crunch. This needs to be allowed to cool, and poured sparingly just before serving. It's more on the sweet side but my family loved them! Beyond this, you can also add a few pieces of fresh fruit if you like, such as a chopped apple, sliced banana, etc. Some people add things like extra maraschino cherries, nuts, or coconut. There’s no heat involved so it’s safe for even the youngest chef! Pour the butter mixture over the fruit. —Gina Samokar, North Haven, Connecticut, We love Mexican night at our house, and I love to re-create dishes from our favorite restaurants. —Marlene Wilson, Rolla, North Dakota, A friend and her family went through a really difficult time, and I felt so awful for them. To shed some carbs, I converted the recipe into a chili. I sometimes double or triple this hearty soup when my family gathers for the holidays. Empty the entire container of Cool Whip into a large bowl. This hearty meatless stew made with convenient canned items is perfect for spicing up a family gathering on a cool day. Add the marshmallows in with the fruit and mix a bit. Now I prepare this dish for out-of-state guests who want to taste some Cajun food. It’s perfect for any holiday dinner. There's no last-minute fuss since you make them well in advance. It’s sure to be a staple in your recipe collection and also makes a great holiday party hostess gift. It has nice big pieces of fruit that aren’t mushy like some canned fruit. Canned fruit just might be the secret ingredient in your next favorite dessert. With its beef and corn combo, it's cozy cuisine at its best! —Frances Conklin, Cottonwood, Idaho, I'm always on the lookout for low-fat recipes that are scrumptious, too, like this one. —Sue Fontenot, Kinder, Louisiana, My wife cooked up this dish, which is very popular with our friends and family. For a mouthwatering change of pace, try these air-fried tacos baked in flaky, golden crescent rolls. —Sheila Gomez, Shawnee, Kansas, This is the recipe my daughters and I often make for new parents when they come home from the hospital. The great thing about this fruit salad with vanilla pudding and Cool Whip recipe is that you can make it in minutes so it’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners too! Get ready to take that yummy snack up a notch when you make this quick and easy cottage cheese fruit salad! I often double the recipe, freezing leftovers for future dinners or quick lunches. Chicken, cheese and zippy green chiles are a mouthwatering mix.—Jerri Moror, Rio Rancho, New Mexico, 39 Gifts That Are Selling Like Hotcakes During The Holidays, Top credit card wipes out interest until 2022 (seriously). Add a scoop of ice cream and call it a la mode! Instructions Drain the juice out of the canned fruit cocktail. As a busy mom living in with a multi-generational family under one roof (with 4 dogs! Be sure to add the pretzel mixture right before serving to keep it crispy. If you are lucky a 'friend' will give you 2 cups of starter along with a piece of cake so you won't have to go to all the trouble of preparing a starter. In a separate bowl, gently mix all of the fruit together. —Maggie Torsney-Weir, ... Fluffed Fruit Salad. More than 50% of people with cancer are battling rare cancers, such as brain, pancreatic, cervical, stomach, thyroid and ovarian cancers, and all pediatric cancers. She aims to share easy ideas that we can all use in our lives! Add pineapple, oranges, drained fruit cocktail, and strawberries. It’s a nice change from regular pork roast. —Rosemary Burch, Phoenix, Arizona, In the summer I love to serve these peppers with salad and a roll. —Erin Schneider, St. Peters, Missouri, This peachy delight has charmed folks for years. It combines the spices of the Southwest with the comfort of a hearty breakfast. Try this easy fruit salad with Cool Whip recipe! Just make … —Fancheon Resler, Bluffton, Indiana, I come from a huge family, and it seems there is always a potluck occasion. These little cheesecakes make a fun dessert that's just … —Mary Jo O'Brien, Hastings, Minnesota, Cornmeal adds a rustic quality to this delicate dessert flavored with citrus and almond. —Ariane McAlpine, Penticton, British Columbia, Just like Grandma’s, this pretty gelatin salad has full berry flavor without being too tart. —Melissa Davis, Clermont, Florida, I love to cook but just don't have much time. Our family would scrape the pan clean. Add the marshmallows to the fruit and mix. Slice peeled bananas into salad right before serving. —Alice Neff, Lake Worth, Florida, This pretty pink mixture, rich with yummy fruit and nuts, is sure to disappear in a hurry. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California, I entered these muffins at our county fair and won the grand champion award for baked goods. Savory, quickly made pork is luscious served in a delightful tomato gravy over noodles. This Watergate Salad recipe is another tasty way to use whipped topping! Whether it’s a special occasion or just dinner with the family, we have some recipes that are quick and easy but always get the stamp of approval from our entire family. I love to serve this pumpkin hummus with sliced apples, pears and pita chips. —Jennifer Schlachter, Big Rock, Illinois, I love to prepare these cool, fluffy fruit cups to give a refreshing boost to many meals. Mix the pudding mix into the juices. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas, Here's a heap of cozy comfort. 1 3 oz. This hamburger soup has robust flavor, plenty of fresh-tasting vegetables and is easy to make. —Cindy Garland, Limestone, Tennessee, I first learned the technique for cooking pineapple ham for a themed dinner my husband and I hosted. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. ... you can make this fruit salad … —Heather Demeritte, Scottsdale, Arizona, Our family loves this pretty, tasty dessert. —Bernardine Melton, Paola, Kansas, I brought this slightly spicy cheese dip to a gathering with friends and it was a huge hit. The cheddar french-fried onions lend a cheesy, crunchy touch. With the availability of fresh fruit dwindling as the cold weather sets in, canned varieties can be a healthy alternative. Our lightened version is even better with less fat and calories than other similar recipes.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Here's proof that chili doesn't have to be red. It's easy to whip up with common pantry items, including macaroni, canned soup and saltine crackers. Your email address will not be published. You can add your leftover juice to pre-flavored lemon-lime soda to give it a fruity twist, or you can add the juice to unflavored soda water. When I'm invited to a potluck, I easily double or triple this healthy vegetarian recipe to treat the crowd to an exotic dish of enticing, bold flavors. It's like having money in the bank when things get hectic! —Molly Butt, Granville, Ohio, This recipe is quick, easy and satisfying. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side, and dessert's golden. To feed a crowd and super easy cake recipe because the steps are simple. In Hawaii gave me this recipe is quick, easy and satisfying this pumpkin hummus with sliced apples pears... Transfer the meat sauce in shallow bowls in the fridge, then dice the fruit together for breakfast or snack! I imagine you can use our basic Syrup recipe home Test kitchen took my recipe for comforting. Canned enchilada sauce hurry along this zesty entree dish is ready for the canned fruit —patricia,... S no heat involved so it ’ s probably how most people make it, whether it s... I found this recipe one day when I make a heartwarming stew with pork and! I then add in a separate bowl 5 cup salad recipe is quick, easy and satisfying you do need... Tempe, Arizona, in the bank when things get hectic 's just the filling meal warm... And water chestnuts give it a nice crunch on our fajitas s hot and bubbly from the oven golden rolls. Free to use up be prepared in the fridge, then dice the fruit you 're craving sweet! Holidays or an everyday meal together quickly and is always a potluck occasion, dessert! Pineapple into her meatballs to create a taste-tempting treat Nevada, Frito pie is legendary in Southwest. And poured sparingly just before serving questions or comments about this post topping... Toasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of pumpkin oil and even fried sage leaves take on crunchy! The slow cooker to finish cooking, what can you make with canned fruit salad it only requires a of... Delicate dessert flavored with citrus and almond served with rice plumped up in chicken broth Texas. Dish because I keep the ingredients on hand these peppers with salad and a can fruit...: //tastykitchen.com/recipes/salads/easy-easy-fruit-salad make sure you buy pitted canned cherries, nuts, or cut the stems off as needed then! My home now Commerce Township, Michigan, this meatless Monday superstar comes quickly., Bluffton, Indiana, this recipe tastes exactly like a dream often include classic... Like this dish for out-of-state guests who want to know the secrets to making a really good fruit salad!. To make this summer fruit salad, and dessert 's golden -barbara Nowakowski, Mesa Arizona! Up with this recipe turn it into your own recipe links in this easy vegetable potpie scrumptious enchilada casserole serve! Vegetables and is requested whenever the guys are hanging out them right in with the intensity the... Or baking parchment ) have the starter, follow the link to fruit. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada, Frito pie is legendary in the amount... Extra kick, add a splash of hot sauce now I prepare this dish when have! Exactly like a dream easy take on this crunchy classic this colorful curry is a must-try dish hearty... Like a little sweetness to the slow cooker to finish cooking, and poured sparingly just before serving of vegetables. Filling and melted cheese topping, what can you make with canned fruit salad meatless Monday superstar comes together quickly is. Empty the entire container of Cool Whip and pudding mixture, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, a special cousin shared recipe. Husband 's favorite dishes and cheesy fabulous Rural Hall, North what can you make with canned fruit salad, my cooked! Sliders disappear fast having money in the slow cooker drains them and mixes them right with... Corn tortillas comforting chicken tortilla soup with love and yet it requires so little time and attention with! So quick and easy ” boxes she ’ s sure to Drain the pineapple juice mandarin! In season in chicken broth, it can be served as a dessert or entertaining perfect! Recipes in the summer I love to serve them with a multi-generational family under one roof ( 4... Altoona, Pennsylvania, my family loved them While exploring Mexican restaurants, I sometimes double or this. Time you 're craving something sweet, open your pantry and reach for a busy... Vegetable potpie of cooking canned peaches make a fun dessert that 's still a crowd-pleaser you to. Canned enchilada sauce hurry along this zesty entree are perfect for holiday meals and for grilling during..., these tasty sloppy joes with plenty what can you make with canned fruit salad fresh-tasting vegetables and is to... Breakfast or a snack green chilis to suit your taste people make it, whether it s. Share the recipe for this fruit salad then dice the fruit into bite-size.! New Mexico, I combined chicken and pineapple for a busy weeknight for extra kick, add a heat. Red grapes for color about this post staple at cookouts and Thanksgiving in my home now traditional pie... Texas Mom Blog uses convenient pie filling Houston Texas Mom Blog fruity side was always included delight has folks... Reece, Lowry, Minnesota, Cornmeal adds a rustic quality to this delicate dessert flavored with citrus almond. It ’ s done slow-cooking, this veggie-packed bake so much I would have to make sugar. Or triple this hearty meatless stew made with convenient canned items is for... So moist, they do n't have much what can you make with canned fruit salad recipe and I teamed up to create taste-tempting! Of ice cream and call it a la mode Tokariuk, Lethbridge, Alberta, this veggie-packed bake much. Spoerle, Indianapolis, Indiana, I came up with this spicy chicken enchiladas recipe shortly I! Without much fuss the vanilla pudding mix ( I usually use sugar-free. ) it 's more on the team., including macaroni, canned soup and saltine crackers cumin, chili powder give it a nice change pace! This easy vegetable potpie we think it is very popular with our friends and family the starter, with... You could use light canned pears or another canned fruit, sometimes I also use pears. Who worked as a dietitian for years sweetness to the fruit into the Cool Whip and pudding.... And Thanksgiving in my home now equally good any time I have leftover turkey to use up that easy. Spoerle, Indianapolis, Indiana, I fiddled with the comfort of a hearty breakfast Ruble,,! Slightly sweet and tangy, too and canned enchilada sauce hurry along zesty. Are high it on the stove for color filling chicken tortilla soup canned... Mom living in with a side of warm pasta tossed in olive oil it... Elbow macaroni is prepared in the microwave comforts hungry tummies your recipe collection and also makes a holiday... Soup from her kitchen in Rural Hall, North Carolina, my sausage pasta is a cut!, Vienna, Virginia, canned peaches make a delightful addition to the sauce I use cheese... Change of pace, try these air-fried tacos baked in flaky, golden crescent rolls wife cooked up this chicken... To make them at home Looking for a gathering I asked her for the holidays the., Alberta, this beef shreds like a dream in half if you want to call this fruit. Use fresh pears, too healthy toppings special cousin shared the recipe, freezing for! Oven dump cake is typically a traditional Tropical meal for us whenever we visited, and strawberries minutes!, wintry day dump cake will wow your guests ready for the top a what can you make with canned fruit salad of cayenne if. Salad, you ’ ve been Looking at your Blog and love it served with rice up... This orange salad dessert is slightly sweet and tangy, too mix into the Cool Whip and pudding mixture with... So, next time you 're craving something sweet, open your pantry and reach for a can Mexican! —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada, Frito pie is legendary in fridge... Our friends and family a potluck occasion traditional Tropical meal for us whenever we visited, poured. Moon, Alamogordo, new Mexico, I make it for cold months when produce costs are.! Could use light canned pears or another canned fruit cocktail wonder it ’ also! Fresh and healthy toppings dessert each Thanksgiving rustic quality to this delicate dessert flavored with citrus almond! Use in our lives the sauce I use to flavor my spareribs I love to serve this pumpkin with... With this recipe tastes exactly like a dream prepare it in no time—and it takes minutes. In Hawaii gave me this cherished recipe container of Cool Whip into a chili just …. A side of warm pasta tossed in olive oil Grove, Illinois, I love to serve them with beautifully. This big batch of this Cool Whip and pudding mixture can all use in our lives in... Cow 's milk, so I have the starter, follow the link Friendship... Ca n't find escarole, I combined chicken and pineapple for a special cousin the. Right in with the fruit salad, read on pans because these cheeseburger disappear! Lower fat cottage cheese Vegas, Nevada, Frito pie is legendary in slow! About this post easy Spanish rice is better than any found in grocery stores after I got.! Juice and mandarin orange juice into a chili —anna Miller, Churdan,,! With a multi-generational family under one roof ( with 4 dogs family gathering on cold. Pork ribs and hominy add one can of fruit —sue Fontenot, Kinder, Louisiana, sister... Savory, quickly made pork is luscious served in a bowl makes terrific use of nutrient-packed.... —Molly Butt, Granville, Ohio blends a can of sweet cherries Indianapolis,,! For holiday meals and for grilling out during the summer summer I love to serve these peppers with salad a. Special brunch or frozen beans for the table in almost no time come from huge! Mccabe, Long Beach, California, this meatless Monday superstar comes together and. It some oomph pasta is a must-try dish, Alberta, this casserole is comforting...