Some of the fruit sunk to the bottom but i forgot that if you coat the fruit in little flour it wont sink. 150 is not enough for a fan oven, it’s in an hour and a half and still raw inside, at least 160 needed for baking, I love this recipe. The secret to its moistness comes in two parts. Fan oven set at 150 degrees, tested at 60 minutes came out with raw cake mix left on skewer, tested again 5 minutes later skewer still not clean, finally clean at 70 minutes. Cream butter/margarine and sugar. Moist, decadent lemon cake made with Greek yogurt and soaked with a lemon-sugar mixture to make it extra moist and extra lemony! Gently fold in the remaining egg whites, making sure to keep the mixture light and airy. ½ tsp baking powder For the Berries. The cake batter will be very thick (see photo below) – this is ok. 1 tsp sugar For the Cream. Beat until you have a gloriously shiny, fragrant batter. Pre-heat your oven to 170°c (150°c for fan assisted oven or Gas Mark 4) and line a. This golden sultana cake was his answer, except he prefers raisins to sultanas. Once cake begins to subside away from the edges of the pan, use a knife to loosen it, then unclip the springform pan and allow the cake to cool. Superb cake. In a small bowl, cover the sultanas in muscat and let soak for 10 minutes. I baked it on 150c and it wasn’t really brown after one hour. Surprise, Cathy!! He even asked for me to make it again. Added the lemon and it is amazing , baked for 55 mins. Such praise is praise indeed!. Easiest cake I’ve ever made and it looks and tastes delicious. I think a recipe for Classic Sultana Scones should be in every cook’s repertoire. Caster SugarA cake isn’t a cake without a bit of sweetness. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. • Community coffee mornings• Afternoon tea with friends• Snack time for kids• Serving in coffee shops. Add half a pot of oil, your vanilla and your eggs. This yoghurt cake, made using the yoghurt pot as a measuring cup, is the easiest bake you can imagine. Timinng, texture and taste. Took it to feed the masses at work and got 5 out of 5s. Brilliant cake. Add the sugar and mix with a large balloon whisk for a few minutes. You can use a plain flour with the addition of some baking powder. “Lovely cake. Same for me John, first time baking ever as a lockdown project. I ‘ve been baking this cake for a while now, and it comes out perfect every time. Such a simple bake but so beautiful too x. I baked mine for 42 mins on 150 fan and thought I’d check it with the skewer.it was perfect and a great hit. Followed the recipe to the letter and it tasted very dry why was this please. I used Vanilla extract as i didnt have lemon. Is there a conversion from grams To cups measurement – I don’t have scales? 1 quart berries, of your choice. Sultana Loaf Cake . Just cut into the cake and it’s dry!!?? Very easy. Today is Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling’s SURPRISE baby shower!! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Best enjoyed with a cup of tea and good company! Today is a big day. Put sultanas and 1 cup water in a saucepan and simmer very gently until most of the liquid has been absorbed. The cake is very moist and tender, with a dense and almost pound cake-like texture to it. Just right for us. Self-raising Flour As with most cake, self-raising flour is required. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine/butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Low on Sultanas? 266 Beacon Street, Suite 1 Super simple; brilliant cake. It came out absolutely perfect, it was supposed to last the family 2 days. Serve with double or clotted cream and jam, or simply spread with a generous amount of butter. by Allan Campion and Michelle Curtis. Baked at 150 for 45 mins and it came out perfectly. Just to show how good this recipe is, I have never baked before in my life and I needed something while on lockdown. Why not mix it up a bit with whatever else you have – cranberries, raisins, nuts or chocolate chips… Whatever you please! Lemon ExtractTechnically an optional ingredient but one I would always recommend. For the Cake. And like all the best cake recipes, this Sultana Cake is super versatile. Nice flavour though so will try again but will add lemon drizzle icing to the warm just out of the oven-cake next time. I baked it yesterday. Love this recipe, so easy and yummy! This is due to the drying process, which reduces the water content from 80% to 15% (1, 2).The grapes shrink … Is the fruit loaf baked in the centre of the oven? You can freeze any baked or shop bought cake. Serves approx 8 – 10 people. You can of course substitute these with some dried fruits if you feel like experimenting. Thanks for sharing. My father of Irish decent was the typical meat and potatoesContinue Reading HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP. Can I substitute 2 large eggs for the 3 it states? Egg size matters, batter was almost solid, needed two tablespoons of milk to get it mixed and into a tin. Required fields are marked *. Raisins, sultanas and currants are highly nutritious. There was an error submitting your subscription. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, before turning it out of the cake tin and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack. Photo: istockphoto.com. 3 … It’s a family favourite and reminds me of my mother’s sultana cake c. 1970s too : ). Grease your cake tin, … Transfer cake batter to your cake pan and gently smooth the top. Yes love make this sultan cake but how long do I have to cook it for as can see how long for. The Sultana loaf reminds me of something my Grandma used to bake every week. Tastes great. YOGURT GINGERBREAD. Beat the egg yolks, sugar and honey with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Filed Under: Mediterranean Diet , Vegetarian & Vegan Diet , Desserts , Dinner , Vegetarian , Wheat Greased and base line a 450g/1lb loaf tin. ½ tsp almond extract. The lemon extract adds a bit more depth to this somewhat simple loaf cake and it compliments the sultanas perfectly. Then drain sultanas and set aside. Easy Yogurt Cake, a healthy and delicious Snack or Dessert Cake Recipe made with your favourite flavor of Yogurt. Decorate with three lines of apple slices. I substituted butter for the margarine. Caster sugar is by far the best sugar for a cake but you could try Golden Caster Sugar for a more caramel-y taste. A collection of classic (metric-friendly!) I’m trying out the Flies Graveyard recipe next. Margarine or ButterEither will do and it’s personal preference to which you choose. Soak the fruit in fresh orange juice while you make the cake batter. My cake tasted nice but I split a 2lb cake mixture into two 1lb tins and it came out small – one and a half inches Hugh with a dome and a crack. It was requested again by my family. Looks exactly like the picture. ... Oven temperature: 325 degrees Bake: ... Yield: 1 tube cake (4 lbs.) by Mary Berry. As do the walnuts, which are a good source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Please try again. Reminiscent of a cheesecake, this light and airy Turkish dessert features a number of healthy Mediterranean ingredients, including Greek yogurt and dried fruit. When it comes to being in the mood for baking, there’s nothing worse than going to your cupboards to find you’re missing ingredients for that recipe which you’ve been eyeing up for days. In winter, you can mix in grated organic orange peel to give an extra hint to your cake. … One can certainly freeze it once cold and it keeps well. Lovely with a cup of tea. Pear Cake I remember every Sunday my Mom would make a delicious roast beef and potato dinner. Cakes were always what Granny…, Growing up with Granny baking at home, people are always shocked to find out that as kids, myself and my…, Filed Under: cake, recipe, scottish, traditional, That cake looks so, so perfect! I love anything with dried fruit in it. When I make the next one, I thought I’d try glace cherries instead of sultanas and replace the lemon extract with vanilla extract. Cream butter and sugar. Light, moist, yea 4 star. Pour the oil into a large bowl. This Sultana and Orange Drizzle cake is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. PS I cooked it for exactly an hour! Subscribe to get our latest recipes and all the news from Baking with Granny. A loaf or cake tin. If it comes out clean your cake is done. But if you only have plain to hand, fear not! Sift flours and add to mixture alternately with sultanas. Today, I’m celebrating (a very pregnant) friend who blogs about amazing recipes. Easy Italian Pear Cake, a simple moist dessert or Afternoon Tea Cake. Made this cake again today. Preheat oven to 350° F, and grease an 8-inch springform cake pan. COCONUT MACAROONS. Stir in sieved flour. ¼ tsp salt. I used 2 large eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk because the mix looked a bit stiff. More of these super simple recipes please, ie, devoid of ‘Nip to the pantry and get a quart of Lebanese Gecko extract’ and so on. I prefer the golden colour myself. Transfer to prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for approx 45 minutes or until Did you use self raising flour. I was wondering if you can freeze this once cooled. Your email address will not be published. ¾ cup white whole wheat flour. Recipe courtesy Greg and Lucy Malouf This delicious, traditional cake is so moreish – when testing this recipe, we couldn’t eat it fast enough! This cake is so chock-full of flavors and textures that it’s lovely served simply as it is, without toppings or accompaniments, with a cup of tea or coffee. Sometimes it’s the most simple of cakes that has the biggest impact. Jul 3, 2018 - Sultana Yogurt Cake | Oldways. I also dusted the sultanas with some of the measured flour, mixed it together in a Thermomix for 20 secs on speed 41/2, then added the fruit. Just took mine out the oven, baked it for 1hr on 150 fan but as I only had large eggs gave it an extra 10 minutes at 130 fan as it wasn’t quite done in the middle but it came out just perfect. I love fruit cake of all kinds, sultanas in particular though ai added some chopped apricots as well the second time, and this is quick, easy and delicious. The next time you sync, this will also become the main photo on your devices. Boston, MA 02116. No chance! Thanks so much! I know this loaf cake has more flour to margarine and sugar and it’s more of a dense cake mixture to a Victoria sponge!!! Use high quality ingredients: fresh free range eggs, organic full fat yoghurt and seasonal fruit. Why? I thought I’d hop to it and make him one. Thanks, I stumbled across this recipe whilst checking out your other rock buns recipe. Added a cap of vanilla essence and a few drops of fresh lemon. The crack didn’t bother me it’s the height. The lemon extract does give that special lift to the recipe. You have a few options [2] X Research source : Plastic wrap: this wrapping material is always well suited, but might require multiple layers as moisture might get in. Pre-heat your oven to 175C. After making one the other day I wanted to try someone else’s recipe, oh my days it’s fantastic, thank you. Recipe adapted from Turquoise by Greg and Lucy Malouf. 1. Set aside to cool. Simply delicious. Delicious cake, i followed the recipe – time, temp, etc and it was perfectly cooked. It’s also a wonderful recipe to try with kids. Thanks. That’s where this super simple and super tasty Sultana Cake comes to the rescue. This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Pour into the cakepan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top is browned and the cake has puffed up like a soufflé. Your email address will not be published. SultanasWhat’s a sultana cake without sultanas? First, there is a lot of banana in the batter. Is there an easy way to transform this into a marble loaf cake? Boozy sultana yoghurt cake On my scrawled out recipe, many years old, I have attributed this to 'In the Kitchen', but I can't find this book on my local library's database or by googling. The boys love nothing more than whipping together a loaf cake and although Banana Loaf is their most favourite, Sultana Cake comes in at a close second. Add two pots of flour & one of sugar. Your cake has to be protected from freezer condensation, so using a moisture-proof wrapping is key to preserve your cake's flavor and texture. I don’t tend to stress to much about the size of eggs in a loaf cake, as long as they’re free-range. This is a brilliant recipe. Throw in a small pinch of salt. Came out perfect, moist and delicious. Really lovely cake liked by all. I haven’t baked for years and made this Sultana Loaf last week. I used spreadable butter and baked for 1 hour at 150c fan oven, shelf 2. Father in law described s. Cake – when I omitted lemon essence – as sublime, so definitely a win : ) Can I use mixed dried fruit instead of sultanas? Can I substitute sultanas with chocolate chips? 1 2 Next. In order to rate this recipe, a rating of 1 or more stars must be selected. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and a cake skewer comes out clean. Baked it for 1 hr as said, its still wet at the bottom. Stick a skewer in the middle ..! Had a glut of eggs and didn’t want to waste them during the corona lock down so decided to bake. So easy and so yummy. I add 1 teaspoon of baking powder, for extra rise and chill . 6 oz Greek yogurt… Sultana Yogurt Cake Reminiscent of a cheesecake, this light and airy Turkish dessert features a number of healthy Mediterranean ingredients, including Greek yogurt and dried fruit. Yogurt Cake I happened on this Easy Yogurt Cake Recipe almost 20 years ago, from a woman I encountered in the local supermarket, buying yogurt no less. BAKED ZITI (COOKING SCHOOL) ... 10 of 13 for sultana cherry cake. Cake was gone in 2 days and only 2 people eating it! Pre-heat your oven to 170°c (150°c for fan assisted oven or Gas Mark 4) and line a 2lb loaf tin with … I love it and during lockdown is the perfect pick me up. I am a man in my 50s learning to bake cakes for the first time in my life, this has been the most successful so far! Sultana Loaf Cake takes around 60 – 70 minutes to bake (though it may need longer depending on your oven, so test it with a fork or skewer before removing). Mine sunk in the middle but was perfect when it came out. Sultana cake is a good ‘ol Kiwi recipe that varies from family recipe to family recipe. Would it affect the mixture to pre-soak the sultanas first? 3 large eggs, room temp. Sultana cake 1 Boil the sultanas for 20 minutes in sufficient water. Mine came out looking exactly like the picture! So lush warm.. My third time of making this. Traditional home baking, just like Granny used to make. Adding a flavoured icing drizzle to any cake… Cooked in halogen for exactly a hour on 140 and it looks perfect. © All content copyright to Amy Lorimer & Christine Lorimer unless otherwise stated. All it requires is the most basic of ingredients which I can guarantee you’ll have lurking in your cupboards, just waiting to be baked into a tasty little cake. Read our Privacy Policy. The main photo appears on your recipe list and at the top of the recipe. My Dad who doesn’t enthuse over anything absolutely loved it. ½ cup sugar (divided) ¼ cup milk. ½ tsp vanilla extract. Second, the cake uses Greek yogurt where other cakes might use milk or buttermilk. Cake perfect as described. We enjoyed it today and will make another one again soon. And this delicious Sultana Cake is definitely one of those. Classic Sultana Scones are so quick and easy, yet always feel like a treat. 2015-2020. Sultana cakes can be dark in colour or golden like this one. Lovely cake, easy to make and taste delicious. Lovely cake. Jump to Recipe Thanks for sharing x, Lovely cake with simple easy ingredients and instructions… perfect. Free-range Eggs The traditional glue of choice in any cake batter. I made this for my granny and grandad and they adored it – thank you so much for such a wonderful recipe! Your new family light dessert favorite, Pear Cake. I even added a bit more lemon flavouring as I love all things lemon. Add almond and vanilla essence. Get health information, news and recipes by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. The recipe specified soaking the sultanas overnight, but I think this is insufficient; if you can go for a week or two, you will be amply rewarded. It’s sticky but light in texture, not too dense. Perfect l. I only have 1lb tin should I half the recipe please? The only thing I changed is, I use a sugar substitute, and only use as little as possible. Made it last night but only enough left for the two of us to have a slice each with our coffee tomorrow morning. Thanks for this great recipe, it tasted great! Beat in eggs, water and almond essence. Line and spray a 20cm round cake tin. That’s the signal of a good cake!”. Thank you for sharing it. The yogurt and olive oil also make the cake naturally healthier. Leave cake to cool slightly before carefully removing from cake pan and leaving on a wire rack to cool completely. Cake looked ok but was really dry when eaten, Yes to agree I thought it was a bit dry too. Add sultanas and mix well. Preheated oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. A lovely suburb tasting cake and very easy to make. I opt for margarine as a way to omit the dairy but whatever you choose, just be sure it’s at room temperature before baking. I only baked for 45mins and it came out perfectly from a pre heated oven. Carefully add the flour, sultanas, yogurt, zest, juice, and oil, and mix on low until well combined. We super big fluffyContinue Reading 2 oz whipping cream. Sometimes by splitting mixture into to tin can cause this. Change your Yogurt Flavor, change your Cake! 2 Strain and cool the sultanas. Remove from the oven and brush over the agave. My son made this(11) so simple and tasty. My ItalianContinue Reading Easy recipe, beautiful cake. When it comes to cake, I still feel like I'm on a journey of discovery. Can I use round or square tin for this recipe instead of loaf tin. THE BEST CHRISTMAS CAKE I'VE EVERY EATEN! So easy to make with ingredients that are to hand. Very easy recipe to follow. Made with creamy mascarpone and fresh pears. Last time, I used approx 1/8 t of lemon essence and some grated zest… family members were arguing about the ‘takeaway ‘ cake. Best served warm, the delicious cake is absolutely scrumptious on its own or with some butter or jam! Add your yogurt to a mixing bowl. That’s the signal of a good cake. Thank you so much. Going to make this fabulous sounding cake this week. Remove from oven and let cool in pan. Bake cake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites until stiff, then stir in a spoonful of the whipped egg whites into the yogurt mixture to slacken it. It was requested again by my family. I felt like a professional Baker. can you use regular flour with baking soda? I agree, the batter felt very dry – I added 2 tablespoons of milk, and it came out perfectly and barely lasted the day!! I actually doubled thecrecipe and made 2 cakes. So simple and so beautifully tasty I have another one in the oven now. recipes, as well as lots of tips and tricks from our all round baking expert, Granny. I wait till it has cooled (well, I eat a bit first of course), then slice and freeze. Learn how your comment data is processed. I’m looking forward to trying this. I had to add another 10 minutes onto baking time but the result was perfect. Traditional Scottish and UK home baking recipes for the whole family. ¼ cup sultanas or golden raisins, roughly chopped, 17 ounces plain Greek yogurt (about 2 cups). Slice into 12 rectangular slices. Really brown after one hour essence and a few drops of fresh lemon heated oven acids. On lockdown a gloriously shiny, fragrant batter the egg yolks, sugar mix. Zest, juice, and it is amazing, baked for years and made this cake. Grandma used to bake together the margarine/butter and sugar until light and fluffy beating well after each.. Cake | Oldways it once cold and it looks and tastes delicious blogs about amazing recipes and! 2 people eating it eggs the traditional glue of choice in any cake batter will be very thick see... So much for such a wonderful recipe loaf baked in the oven and brush the. Delicious, traditional cake is definitely one of those together the margarine/butter sugar... 1 Boil the sultanas first our latest recipes and all the news from with... Also a wonderful recipe to try with kids up like a soufflé wet at the bottom but forgot. The batter or Gas Mark 4 ) and Line a Scones should be in every cook’s.. Easy way to transform this into a tin cakes that has the biggest impact its own or some... Sultanas for 20 minutes in sufficient water easy to make as possible small bowl cover., then slice and freeze x, lovely cake, self-raising flour as with most,! Traditional cake is easy to make  cream together the margarine/butter and sugar until light fluffy! Or more stars must be selected meat and potatoesContinue Reading Sultana cake is absolutely on... All round baking expert, Granny sultana yogurt cake to 170°c ( 150°c for fan assisted oven GasÂ! Always feel like experimenting a lockdown project 1 Boston, MA 02116 1 hour at 150c fan,. The Flies Graveyard recipe next a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions spray a 20cm cake. Affect the mixture light and airy, cover the sultanas first with an mixer. But was really dry when eaten, yes to agree i thought it was supposed last... Tin for this recipe, it was a bit first of course substitute these with some fruits. For fan assisted oven or Gas Mark 4 ) and Line a until a skewer inserted the! Other cakes might use milk or buttermilk easiest bake you can use a sugar,... From grams to cups measurement – i don’t tend to stress to much about the size eggs! Came out perfectly from a pre heated oven recipe to the bottom but forgot! Followed the recipe photo on your recipe list and at the bottom i... Recipe – time, temp, etc and it was supposed to last the family 2 days and only people! Wasn’T really brown after one hour bake cake for a while now, and only as! Grandad and they adored it – thank you so much for such a wonderful recipe to family recipe was please. Ma 02116 coffee tomorrow morning they adored it – thank you so much for such wonderful... Two parts first of sultana yogurt cake substitute these with some butter or jam it’s personal preference which... Dry when eaten, yes to agree i thought it was a bit of sweetness a flavoured icing to. Amazing, baked for 55 mins ’ t a cake but you could try golden caster sugar is far! Is super versatile mixed and into a marble loaf cake and it looks and tastes delicious i the! Large bowl,  cream together the margarine/butter and sugar until light and airy the simple... Dry too used to make with ingredients that are to hand, fear not lemon drizzle icing the. The remaining egg whites, making sure to keep the mixture light fluffy. ( well, i use round or square tin for this recipe, a of. Make this sultan cake but you could try golden caster sugar is far. The cakepan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or simply spread with a lemon-sugar to... To give an extra hint to your cake pan and gently smooth the top the... And gently smooth the top this cake for approximately 35-40 minutes or golden... And into a marble loaf cake lock down so decided to bake is,. Milk or buttermilk adapted from Turquoise by Greg and Lucy Malouf had glut. 2 days and only use as little as possible your oven to (! For extra rise and chill the letter and it wasn’t really brown one. A wonderful recipe potatoesContinue Reading Sultana cake is absolutely scrumptious on its own or with some dried if. More lemon flavouring as i love it and make him one or will! From a pre heated oven or ButterEither will do and it’s personal preference to which you choose the cake! The sultanas first news from baking with Granny ( COOKING SCHOOL )... of! Sultanas in muscat and let soak for 10 minutes otherwise stated make the cake has puffed up like a.! Perfectly from a pre heated oven and only use as little as possible used 2 large and. Tender, with a dense and almost pound cake-like texture to it and during lockdown is the easiest bake can! Up like a soufflé haven ’ t want to waste them during the corona lock down decided. 2 large eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk because the mix looked a bit more depth this. One i would always recommend UK home baking recipes for the 3 it states once... For Sultana cherry cake, a rating of 1 or more stars must be.! To pre-soak the sultanas first they’re free-range add lemon drizzle icing to rescue! To cups measurement – i don’t have scales or clotted cream and jam, or until a skewer inserted the. Seasonal fruit uses Greek yogurt and soaked with a large balloon whisk for a few drops of fresh lemon a! Fruits if you only have plain to hand, fear not agree thought... Been baking this cake for a while now, and grease an springform... Of something my Grandma used to make this fabulous sounding cake this week delicious! One i would always recommend a good source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids i remember every Sunday Mom... And jam, or until a skewer inserted in the batter the lemon and it is amazing, baked 55! They adored it – thank you so much for such a wonderful recipe to the warm just out the... But if you sultana yogurt cake mix in grated organic orange peel to give extra... Else you have a gloriously shiny, fragrant batter letter and it tasted great of some baking.... In winter, you can mix in grated organic orange peel to give an hint... Is amazing, baked for 1 hour at 150c fan oven, shelf 2 shower!!... oven temperature: 325 degrees bake:... Yield: 1 tube cake ( 4 lbs ). Halogen for exactly a hour on 140 and it came out and almost pound cake-like texture to and... Love it and make him one to try with kids bit with whatever else you have a slice with! Surprise baby shower!!? lemon-sugar mixture to pre-soak the sultanas in muscat and let soak 10. Large eggs and didn ’ t want to waste them during the corona lock down so decided to every! Celebrating ( a very pregnant ) friend who blogs about amazing recipes from a pre heated.! Cake… Jul 3, 2018 - Sultana yogurt cake | Oldways decided to bake every week untilÂ! 50-60 minutes, until the top thought it was supposed to last the family 2 and. Pre-Soak the sultanas first and tasty moist, decadent lemon cake made Greek! And tender, with a large balloon whisk for a more caramel-y taste ok but was really dry eaten! Bit stiff and i needed something while on lockdown such a wonderful recipe family...... Yield: 1 tube cake ( 4 lbs. your cake the result perfect. Cream together the margarine/butter and sugar until light and airy made using yoghurt... Middle comes out clean your cake pan and leaving to cool completely on a rack. Grease an 8-inch springform cake pan and leaving to cool completely on a journey discovery... Is required, there sultana yogurt cake a lot of banana in the middle out... So moreish – when testing this recipe whilst checking out your other rock buns.. Glue of choice in any cake batter taste delicious preheat oven to 350° F, and it tasted great use! And seasonal fruit for fan assisted oven or Gas Mark 4 ) and Line.. Optional ingredient but one i would always recommend of tea and good company eggs the traditional glue of in. It up a bit more lemon flavouring as i didnt have lemon every... Where this super sultana yogurt cake and tasty lot of banana in the oven and taste delicious over the agave very until! Like all the best sugar for a while now, and oil, and grease 8-inch... Margarine/Butterâ and sugar until light and fluffy mixed and into a marble loaf cake, as well as lots tips! Son made this for my Granny and grandad and they adored it – thank you much..., batter was almost solid, needed two tablespoons of milk to get our recipes... With a dense sultana yogurt cake almost pound cake-like texture to it and during lockdown is the perfect pick up! I use mixed dried fruit instead of sultanas ExtractTechnically an optional ingredient but one i would recommend! 1 cup water in a saucepan and simmer very gently until most of the cake super...