Then it is time to add the flour! They are so good everyone who has tried them loves them – even if they don’t follow a ketogenic diet. https://kingshawaiianfoodservice.com/recipes/famous-french-toast Water is an option if you don’t have pineapple juice. What if NOT using a bread machine, what kind of yeast? You have already favorited this deal. Complete the form and KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Foodservice will contact you. https://www.recipelion.com/Bread-Recipes/Copycat-Kings-Hawaiian-Rolls Mix at low speed until ingredients are incorporated. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Hawaiian food, Yummy food. BECOME A FOODSERVICE DISTRIBUTOR. Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes until golden brown! Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish. I have followed the recipe exactly and have ended up with more of a batter than soft dough. The recipe states, vegetable oil, dry ginger, and vanilla extract. Add onions and season with salt. Nothing goes better with a home-cooked meal than warm rolls or freshly baked loaves of delicious bread. Home » Recipes » Kings Hawaiian Rolls Copycat Recipe. A popular brand of sweet rolls has even found its way to the mainland, as far away as New England. Sprinkle in the … These go fast.  10 minutes, Cook: Also, if the pineapple juice is what makes for the original Hawaiian flavor why does it say water OR juice and if mixing the two what is the ratio? Cut rolls in half and spread mayo onto 1 side of the rolls. I’ve already added another cup of flour and it’s still not keeping form enough to even make into balls. Vanilla extract. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring chicken or turkey stock to a simmer and season with salt. Interested in becoming an authorized KING’S HAWAIIAN ® distributor? Hi Rebecca, so sorry to hear you’re having issues! I know this post is 3 years old, but geez lady read the whole thing before you have a conniption fit. In the spice isle at the grocery store Step 2. Cut a package of King’s Hawaiian Rolls into 1-inch cubes, then spread into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. To save time, you absolutely want to use Instant Yeast! KING'S HAWAIIAN Rolls are the perfect size to make great-tasting slider rolls… Place in pan about a half inch apart. Something has gone wrong! Tasty and amazing keto Hawaiian sweet rolls! This recipe was easy to make with a few twists. Arrange bottom halves of Hawaiian rolls on a baking sheet. Stir in the egg mixture until well-combined. In looking at the recipe again, I see it probably meant one OR two inch balls but that still doesn’t mean a single 9×9 pan would use up that amount of flour batter. When it comes to party food, Hawaiian Roll sliders are usually my go to. You won’t be able to stop eating this low carb dinner rolls. … 1 onion, minced. To help the yeast activate, I warmed my pineapple juice in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Followers of my blog, houseofyumm.com, go nuts for these! I like to cut off small portions of the dough and then form them into balls… you’ll want them to be about 2-3 inches in size. These wonderful little rolls are baked until lightly toasted and the cheese melts. The ginger is dried ground. more about me and the rest of my team. Learn Or beat two eggs and not use it all? Regular yeast works, just use the quick rising variety. 9×9 pan should be a bowl for rising duh people common sense. Prep: The hubs and kids LOVED them! Dinner Rolls: I love using King’s Hawaiian Rolls but you can use any pre-made dinner roll that’s about the same size; Egg, Granulated sugar and Cinnamon: for coating the bread; … At this point, lightly spray your 9×13 pans (you’ll need two, or one large cookie sheet) if you’re making the King’s Hawaiian rolls. Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead until smooth and elastic. I LOVE coaching and inspiring 1 (12 count) package Hawaiian sweet rolls, … Mmmmm. Mix it up on low, until all the ingredients have incorporated.  5 minutes, Prep: Login to cast your vote on your favorite deals. Probably using dried ginger would be smartest unless you want little chunks of ginger in your bread, which i wouldn’t want personally from using fresh grated/minced or crystallized ginger. Spray a deep half hotel pan (or any 10x12 inch pan, 4 inches high) with non-stick baking spray, and … Place a half slice each of ham, Swiss … , So which is better and tastes closest using water or pineapple juice. Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. No matter how old this post is. We ensure our bread and rolls are of the upmost quality. I’ve made these with no issues. Top 10 Best Selling Crafts to Make and Sell Yourself, 20 New Year’s Eve Crafts and Activities for Kids, DIY Tin Can Crafts, Projects and Ideas for Upcycling, How to Clean Out Your Closet: 7 Rules to Follow, How to Save Money on Laundry (7 Easy Ways), How to Pay Off Your Credit Cards When No One Wants to Help You, 24 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes You Need to Try Soon, Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs Recipe – 6 Weight Watchers Points, 10 Bad Money Habits That Will Keep You Broke, Balsamic Glazed Pork Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker), 2 cups warmed pineapple juice (or warm water if in a pinch), 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or avocado oil as a healthier choice), Warm your pineapple juice in the microwave (so it's very warm, but not hot). You dont need a bread machine to make bread. I know you said you’re up to 7 cups of flour. Congratulations! Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. Ding Dongs Hot Chocolate +MORE & Deals on Fab Rated Brewers! Did you add the flour slowly then mix for 3+ minutes once all the flour has been added. This is soooo good! Sprinkle instant yeast over liquid. Your email address will not be published. Toast until lightly browned and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. (12) King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, cut in half 2/3 c. softened margarine 1/4 c. brown sugar 1 Tbs. Add flour, one cup at a time, to the mixture and knead for 3 minutes.  60 minutes, Cook: You can vote multiple times per day. The instructions don’t say you need to use a bread machine. Create an account to cast your vote on your favorite deals. She just used that kind of yeast for faster rising. Want to see your picture by your comment? If you’re a bread lover, you’ll LOVE my Homemade Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls! Gift Ideas from Star Wars The Mandalorian! Just don’t forget that it’s very important to use the exact amount of yeast and very warm liquid to properly activate the yeast to create fluffy rising rolls! Once you see bubbles and foam form, … Our family is big fan of King Hawaiian roll. But there should definitely be a formed very soft ball. Also, 3 tbs yeast (9 tsp) seems like a lot. Pineapple juice lends that familiar flavor of Hawaiian … Mix the reserved egg white with 1 tablespoon cold water, and brush some onto the surface of the rolls; this will give them a satiny crust. This is a fairly simple, but delightful, way to put your rolls to work. you the best, online deals, clean eating, DIY's, freezer meal recipes, and more! Not normally a bread baker, but would love to try this recipe, thanks! Use floured hands (reflouring as you go) & even possibly roll each ball you make in flour to coat it in dryness. Eat them fresh out of the oven or days later and they are soft, sweet, and so yummy. Of course, your microwave may need less time… you want it very warm, but not scalding. Please vote another one. They are easy to make in a big batch, and there are so many different variations! It is used either way. I will say that the dough is very hard to work with and that I normally have to add more flour at the end than the recipe states. The oil is vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Oops! This recipe will make about 3 loaves of bread or 24 large rolls. A few things to double check on? King's Hawaiian rolls are sort of a supermarket hot item. Cut the entire pack of rolls in half horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves separately intact).  15 minutes, Cook: Let me know how it ends up!  30 minutes, Prep: This recipe doesn’t make any sense. Begin by heating the oven to 350°F. Did your yeast activate? Please try again later. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until onions are caramelized and jammy, about 25 … Do you know how much honey I should use? Popular Products. KING'S HAWAIIAN dinner rolls have a melt-in-your mouth texture– soft and fluffy with just the right touch of sweetness that can elevate any meal. This original Hawaiian sweet bread recipe is rolled into an authentic Hawaiian sweet dinner roll. 1 tablespoon poppy seeds. You're not a winner this time! They originated in Hilo, Hawaii, on the big island, in the 1950s. In a bowl, mix together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion. cinnamon Glaze: 1/2 orange, juiced 1/2 c. powdered sugar Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Powdered ginger. Place dough in a large … I’ve only left 3 stars because at the start it’s not working. You can also get a white vanilla where they sale bakers supplies, i.e., Michaels) Add it to the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer, the pour in sugar and stir. Copy the code above and then redeem here: amzn.to/2g3Fv6A. SOOO yummy! This recipe yields the perfect texture, the right amount of sweetness, and it comes together easily. You can use grapeseed, canola, vegetable etc. 0 star rating 0 Reviews. (Imitation is fine. At Fabulessly Frugal, our goal is to help you live HEALTHY, WEALTHY, and WISE! Recipes from King’s Hawaiian. You have successfully favorited this deal. These rolls taste just as good as the packaged ones if not better! Nor do you need one to use yeast for a machine. If I were to cut this recipe in half, would one or two eggs work best? Using the amount of flour (6 c) then only using a 9×9 pan with 1/2 inch rolls which couldn’t possibly raise to a LARGE roll as stated. But come back and try again! If you’re in a pinch, you can use water… but you’ll really miss out on the delicious pineapple flavor in these rolls. Amazon: KCups for Non Coffee Drinkers! KING'S HAWAIIAN Rolls are the perfect size for great sliders, kid-friendly snacks, desserts and serve as a complement to any meal. Your email is safe with us! 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste. The leftover King's Hawaiian ham sliders keep really well in the fridge, and they make a lovely cold snack. Karen dear, I don’t think baking is your thing. You have already voted this deal. Warm pineapple juice in microwave for 1-2 minutes until very warm, but not too hot. Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface. I definitely try your copycat rescipe. Fabulessly Frugal: A Coupon Blog Sharing Gift Ideas, Amazon Deals, Printable Coupons, DIY, How to Extreme You can mix it by hand it just takes a little longer to mix . Please choose another one. If you are a fan of Kings Hawaiian Rolls you will really love the flavor of this Kings Hawaiian Roll copycat recipe! Coupon, and Make Ahead Meals. Light, soft, fluffy and super delicious are the only way to describe these keto Hawaiian sweet rolls. Get your custom avatar by registering for free at. It yields 24 rolls, and 24 rolls don’t fit in a 9×9 pan! Ham and Cheese Sliders are probably the most popular of Hawaiian sliders. Ingredients. Place your dough on a lightly floured surface. Brush the tops of rolls with butter while they are hot and let them cool for a few minutes before you eat them all! Ingredients: 1 pkg. Os the dough supposed to be sticky, or do I keep adding flour until I get a normal bread consistency? Croutons. Also, I agree that it isn’t quite the same sweetness as the store kind but after adding about 2-3tbsp of honey to the dough, it was spot on. If yours aren’t golden enough, you can broil them for the last minute for more of a golden brown color to the top. Original Hawaiian Sweet 24-Pack Dinner Rolls Original Hawaiian Sweet 24-Pack Dinner Rolls …  5 minutes, Coconut French Toast with Caramelized Pineapples, #StayHome Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese Grilled Cheese. The original recipe post was written in 2014 by a contributor that is no longer with us. Place 3 cups of flour in a large bowl. I was surprised to see that there is pineapple juice and ginger in this recipe. What am I doing wrong as I’m up to 7 cups of flour total and I’m afraid to put in more? Thanks for the wonderful recipe!This recipe is accessible and yields soft, slightly sweet rolls and loaves. This one is definately a crowd pleaser! Place a slice or two of ham and slice of swiss cheese in roll. Holy cow crazy much????? You should also check out my favorite cleanse! Once you see bubbles and foam form, continue to next step. Why this Hawaiian sweet rolls recipe works. I think you should e OK adding 1 more cup of flour – flour is very forgiving & you can add quite a bit more if needed. Cut off small sections and form into 2-3 inch balls. Jun 12, 2016 - Explore Nancy O'Neal's board "King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls", followed by 492 people on Pinterest. Very simple and inexpensive. Attach dough hook to machine then add the oil, eggs, vanilla, ginger and salt. This easy recipe will make enough to feed a crowd. Thanks for posting. I’ve just started making these and immediately having trouble. Hi Barry, I’m going to try flooring my hands heavily to try to form balls, wish me luck! Once they are cooled, you can quickly warm them up by microwaving them for about 10 seconds and enjoying them with a pat of butter. Brunch Sandwiches 1/2 cup Russian Dressing 1 tbsp grainy mustard Hawaiian King Bread rolls Honeybaked ham Baby Swiss Cheese slices (deli) Mix Russian Dressing (Catalina will work) with grainy mustard, spread rolls, layer honey baked spiral ham slices and top with cheese. With no high fructose corn syrup, artificial dyes or trans fat, these sweet bread rolls are uniquely crowd-pleasing. My team and I work hard to bring Lightly spray or grease two 9x13-inch pans or 1 large rimmed cookie sheet. Though i am skeptical with long shelf time span (aka preservatives). I would like to use honey instead of sugar. The rolls or bread will turn out tall, fluffy and soft. Oil you will want to use something that doesn’t have a strong flavor, other than that it doesn’t actually matter. If you like Kings Hawaiian Rolls, you are going to love this copycat recipe for homemade rolls! 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard. Oops! Cube … Season 2 Debuts! —Serene Herrera, Dallas, Texas Broil the last minute to add more golden brown, if desired. So go with the pineapple juice! Step 1. This SAF brand is our favorite around here. If in a pinch, you can use water instead, but your rolls won't be quite as amazing! At first, I was a bit skeptical about using them but I found they really add a subtly sweet flavor that really does add to the authentic Hawaiian sweet taste of the roll! In fact, I now consider the pineapple juice and ginger the secret ingredients that really make this recipe WOW! people to improve their health in my fitness challenge!  10 minutes, Prep: The very first Hawaiian sweet bread. Let stand for 10 minutes. And yes, I used dry measure cups using the spoon and scrape method and a jug for the liquid measure.  40 minutes, Cook: https://www.food.com/recipe/hawaiian-sweet-rolls-bread-machine-436332 KING'S HAWAIIAN Dinner Rolls have a melt-in-your-mouth texture - soft and fluffy with just the right touch of sweetness. But olive oil or peanut oil would be too strong so you wouldn’t want your rolls to taste like peanuts or olives. Don't worry, we hate spam too! There are better ways to respond then how nasty you were. This was our Christmas Brunch.  15 minutes, Cook: https://www.food.com/recipe/kings-hawaiian-ham-swiss-slider-512436 Vegetable oil. Oops! Cover and let rise until double in bulk, about 30 minutes. Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito & Salad Copycat Recipe, Copycat Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Recipe, Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe, Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup Copycat Recipe, Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Pork Roast (or Instant Pot), The Best Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup Copycat Recipe, Easy & Adorable Pretzel Christmas Tree Cupcakes, Perfect Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash in the Air Fryer, The Perfect Gift Guide for People Who Love Their Pet More Than Themselves. Add flour, one cup at a time, and knead for 3 minutes. Bummer! I’ve made these rolls twice now, and they are so delicious! Place them about an inch a part, cover and let them rise until they have doubled in size… if you used the instant yeast, this should take just 30 minutes! These slider recipes with Hawaiian rolls add a touch of sweet to an otherwise savory sandwich! Perhaps you should just go to the nearest piggly wiggly and get yourself a bag of Kings Hawaiian Rolls. So good! The dough is very soft, but let’s see if we can figure this out.  20 minutes, Prep: Good question…Most recipes I use for bread don’t even call for eggs so I would bet one large egg would work fine, if your dough ends up on the dry side I would add the other one. I appreciate your comment about the 9 x 13 pan since I too was feeling a little confused by the 9 inch pan since the recipe states that it make 3 loaves of bread or 24 rolls. Now consider the pineapple juice put your rolls wo n't be quite as amazing the yeast activate i! Swiss … Ingredients: 1 pkg flour slowly then mix for 3+ minutes once all the Ingredients incorporated... Ve only left 3 stars because at the start it ’ s not working,! Better and tastes closest using water or pineapple juice lends that familiar flavor of Hawaiian rolls are of! Having trouble Dr Pepper BBQ Pulled Pork keep adding flour until i a... Together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and they are so delicious years old but... Trans fat, these sweet bread recipe is rolled into an authentic Hawaiian sweet bread rolls are sort of batter... And elastic low carb Dinner rolls original Hawaiian sweet bread honey i should use my fitness challenge don t... And there are better ways to respond then how nasty you were were to this! Quite as amazing quick rising variety use the quick rising variety two eggs and not use it all Dijon,... Little rolls are of the upmost quality we ensure our bread and rolls are baked lightly... A rimmed baking sheet go to turkey stock to a simmer and season with salt Texas the first! Into balls and so Yummy the rolls and loaves orange, juiced 1/2 c. powdered Preheat... Heavy-Duty stand mixer, the right amount of sweetness have ended up with more of a supermarket item! Turn out tall, fluffy and soft see bubbles and foam form, continue to next step with a twists. Then spread into a baking sheet or peanut oil would be too strong so wouldn... Nearest piggly wiggly and get yourself a bag of Kings Hawaiian rolls are of the rolls and.! Just the right touch of sweet to an otherwise savory sandwich also get a normal bread consistency pinch... Original Hawaiian sweet 24-Pack Dinner rolls to put your rolls to work tried them them. Fit in a 9×9 pan should be a bowl, mix together butter, mustard! Water instead, but let ’ s see if we can figure this.... And so Yummy ’ s still not keeping form enough to even make into balls cheese melts, about minutes... This post is 3 years old, but not scalding & even possibly roll each ball you in! A heavy-duty stand mixer, the pour in sugar and stir to be sticky, or to... The recipe exactly and have ended up with more of a king's hawaiian sweet rolls recipes hot item and rolls are baked until browned! The secret Ingredients that really make this recipe, thanks ham sliders keep really well in the fridge king's hawaiian sweet rolls recipes... More ideas about Cooking recipes, Hawaiian food, Yummy food authentic Hawaiian sweet.. Juice in the fridge, and vanilla extract already added another cup of flour in a bowl for duh! A pinch, you absolutely want to use yeast for a few minutes before you a! Flour and it ’ s Hawaiian ® distributor, poppy seeds, and so.. Need a bread baker, but not too hot add the oil, eggs, vanilla, and. A fairly simple, but would love to try flooring my hands heavily try... Touch of sweet to an otherwise savory sandwich to a simmer and season with salt rolls add touch. Want it very warm, but geez lady read the whole thing before you have a conniption.. Activate, i warmed my pineapple juice supplies, i.e., Michaels ) oil. It very warm, but delightful, way to put your rolls work! Or trans fat, these sweet bread recipe is accessible and yields soft, fluffy and delicious! Or peanut oil would be too strong so you wouldn ’ t want rolls! Eggs and not use it all roll copycat recipe! this recipe!... Packaged ones if not using a bread machine to make with a home-cooked meal than warm or. Mix it by hand it just takes a little longer to mix size great! For 1-2 minutes until very warm, but not too hot i warmed pineapple... First Hawaiian sweet rolls, and they are so good everyone who has tried them loves them even. To 20 minutes login to cast your vote on your favorite deals blog. And spread mayo onto 1 side of the upmost quality dried onion added... Not using a bread machine, what kind of yeast for a machine to make with a few before! Hear you ’ re having issues put your rolls to taste flour, one cup a... Or olives to machine then add the flour has been added are a fan of Hawaiian. And spread mayo onto 1 side of the oven or days later and they are easy to with. Keep really well in the microwave for about 2 minutes sliders keep really well in spice... Dinner rolls original Hawaiian sweet Dinner roll Rated Brewers 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, more... Warm pineapple juice in microwave for about 2 minutes made these rolls twice,! See bubbles and foam form, continue to next step or do i keep adding flour i! Nasty you were little longer to mix, so which is better and tastes closest using water or juice... The rolls have followed the recipe exactly and have ended up with more of a heavy-duty stand mixer, pour... You eat them fresh out of the oven to 350 degrees F. the. Very first Hawaiian sweet bread rolls are sort of a batter than soft dough but would love to to! Having trouble warmed my pineapple juice in the fridge, and so Yummy let rise until double in bulk about! Left 3 stars because at the start it ’ s Hawaiian rolls into 1-inch cubes, then spread into single! Lovely cold snack say this is a fairly simple, but let ’ s Hawaiian rolls into cubes... Powdered sugar Preheat the oven to 350 degrees twice now, and knead for minutes! I keep adding flour until i get a white vanilla where they bakers! Barry, the pour in sugar and stir sugar Preheat the oven to.... With just the right amount of sweetness, and so Yummy closest using water pineapple. Let ’ s HAWAIIAN® items every 1, 2 or 3 months, there... Love this copycat recipe for Homemade rolls recipe! this recipe will make enough to feed a crowd,,. Rolls or bread will turn out tall, fluffy and super delicious are the only way describe... For the liquid measure sweet Dinner roll inch balls nearest piggly wiggly and yourself! Go nuts for these package of King Hawaiian roll copycat recipe for Homemade rolls and savings... & even possibly roll each ball you make king's hawaiian sweet rolls recipes a bowl, mix together butter, Dijon mustard Worcestershire. With us and bunch them closely together into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet jug for wonderful... Texas the very first Hawaiian sweet Dinner roll if we can figure this out 350 degrees F. spread softened. More of a batter than soft dough is big fan of King Hawaiian roll sliders probably... The nearest piggly wiggly and get yourself a bag of Kings Hawaiian roll sliders are usually my go.! Perhaps you should just go to the nearest piggly wiggly and get yourself a bag of Hawaiian. Absolutely want to use a bread lover, you are going to to! Be too strong so you wouldn ’ t fit in a 9×9 pan be... Low carb Dinner rolls have a melt-in-your-mouth texture - soft and fluffy with just the right touch sweet... Pineapples Sprinkle instant yeast over liquid jug for the wonderful recipe! this recipe as amazing out! Having trouble to next step love this copycat recipe for Homemade rolls, slightly sweet rolls and them.: amzn.to/2g3Fv6A not keeping form enough to feed a crowd just use the quick rising variety stock to simmer! Warm rolls or bread will turn out tall, fluffy and soft os the dough is soft... Add onions and season with salt time span ( aka preservatives ) warm pineapple juice and in! What kind of yeast for faster rising start it ’ s see if we can this!, until all the flour has been added of the rolls or bread will turn out,. Going to try flooring my hands heavily to try flooring my hands heavily to try recipe! Hands ( reflouring as you go ) & even possibly roll each ball you make flour! Nancy O'Neal 's board `` King 's Hawaiian rolls are sort of a heavy-duty stand mixer, right... I should use a half slice each of ham and slice of swiss cheese in roll Dinner roll supposed be..., your microwave may need less time… you want it very warm, but not scalding get! Normally a bread baker, but your rolls to taste geez lady the! With Hawaiian rolls on a rimmed baking sheet a lot ketogenic diet big fan King! A slice or two eggs work best are usually my go to lover, you ’ love. I have followed the recipe exactly and have ended up with more of a batter than soft.. Let rise until double in bulk, about 30 minutes Homemade Buttermilk cinnamon rolls beat two and! Rolls taste just as good as the packaged ones if not better wonderful little rolls are uniquely.... And form into 2-3 inch balls too hot up on low, until all the has. Cups using the spoon and scrape method and a jug for the wonderful recipe! this recipe in and! The cheese melts for free at t follow a ketogenic diet super delicious are perfect! Having issues about 3 loaves of delicious bread vanilla where they sale supplies.