The cat probably won't urinate outside on instinct. For instance, a UTI can make cats pee small … Please help! my cat has been peeing all over my house, on carpets, everywhere. Dr. Elliott, BVMS, MRCVS is a veterinarian with over 30 years of experience in veterinary surgery and companion animal practice. I have a 7 year old cat that has just started to pee in the basement on the bed it's driving me crazy nothing has changed in our house same food and litter for the past 7 years what can I do. Or holds it until she comes back in! We have two Feliway dispenses, no luck, we have put his food next to his tray (which we were told could be done as a last resort) and he pooed in his own food!! Cover the spot where your cat has peed with foil. They say nothing is wrong with him, gave me all the tips you suggest here and ran tests. Her litter box is cleaned out multiple times a day, she keeps her distance from the baby, and I do my best to give her attention and affection but she is a very moody cat. I'm now know reason why my cat pee on my carpet a few months ago. No dog is the same. But now irs happening again. 1 day Squeak bolted, not likely the busy home & all the animals. Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Her dog is an asshole with ussues of his own due to her spoiling, but that's a post for the dumb dog page... lol... catspyjamas (author) on November 30, 2017: A skunk sprayed just outside our basement door. I would put another litter box on the upstairs. Do not use an ammonium-based cleaner, however. This article has been viewed 46,385 times. So many people having problems with their cats urinating outside the box! Or your new puppy keeps having accidents indoors even though you take her outside often. This has me so discouraged! It is a common problem and the most common reason otherwise healthy cats get euthanized. Allow them to have time to cool off before reintroduction, and do so gradually. My cat has been peeing around my house for five years now. This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Your cat might cry or meow while urinating. Last Updated: November 14, 2019 ", We bonded & fell in love with Bella when we got her. Some might even try physical punishment like … It can trigger urinary problems. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. It's not something he can control. I want to know if the foil and/or citrus scent around the boxes will keep her from getting into the boxes or just make her not want to pee where those are and therefore encourage her to get into the boxes where it's more to her liking. Some cats dislike enclosed litter boxes because they are small or dark. My cat goes outdoors for hours, then comes in and, after a little while, pees near the front door or bathroom. Also, put up some barrier to keep the outside cat from marking at your door. As long as she is happy, you are doing the right thing. How do I stop my elderly cat from hanging off the side of the litterbox to pee? Soak up the vinegar solution with paper towels. I would also switch to a clay based litter. Is there any reason your cat would feel the need to claim or reclaim its territory? The general rule is to have one litter box plus an extra for one Cat. Was going to try the tinfoil but where she is peeing is directly in front of the litter box so I don't want her scared trying to get into the litter box. It was/is a brand-new box; it was not at the old house. They cost about $12 at Home Depot. Your cars sound like they are acting out. If you find urine or feces, simply clean it up. If there's a particular spot where your cat keeps urinating, move the litter box to this spot. What can I do? Her hiss we've become accustomed to; like a greeting or goodbye. Please do not boil the water or let it simmer with the essential oils in it. Introduce new food by mixing it with old food a little at a time. Corn litter can confuse cats, as corn is an ingredient in most cat foods. He's never peed in that chair again. Does it need to be refrigerated? Have just purchased citi kitty to train my cat to go in the potty and everything was going fine until she saw first hole . lately i haven't caught her peeing any where, and didn't see the two poop disasters. From the beginning she peed outside the litter box. She has taken to peeing on clothes, beds and furniture. Urine marking in dogs is territorial behavior. Before you can begin to correct a litter box problem, it's important to understand why your cat is peeing inappropriately. Here is how to stop a cat from peeing in the house: Wash the soiled items and surfaces This should always be the first step you should take upon finding cat pee all over. Perhaps you could limit the kitten access to the cat flap so the others can go out. I recommend you keep your cat indoors, it's safer for him. my cat has always been inside but just recently she snuck outside after that i have been letting her outside. Sometimes. Squeak IS the welcoming committee, very social. Stress can cause cats to urinate more, so make sure you feed it regularly and that it always has access to fresh water. The backing is disintegrated. I don't want a litter box in my kitchen, so I needed something else. Consider investing in a couple of kitty condos. I would suggest adding a litter box inside where she can go. I have used this outdoors many times to keep feral cats away from my garden. I'm at my wits end with it. Squeak is small, weights about 3lbs. Cats are very clean animals, and some of them are extremely finicky about their litter boxes. Thank you. If your cat has a problem with peeing on one particular spot, then clean it properly without the use of overpowering cleaners, as your cat may end up over marking the area. Aluminum foil is another option. catspyjamas (author) on October 18, 2017: Sorry for the late reply. If you want to stop your cat from peeing in the house, the first step is to make sure that it is, indeed, a behavior problem and not a medical problem. You need to call the vet, something is wrong. If my male cat has a kitty door, will it choose to go to the bathroom outside? We have taken her to the vet but they could not find anyting wrong with her. Things #1 and #2 both like to sleep in my bedroom, they tolerate one another but it could be them claiming turf. This article has been viewed 46,385 times. Will getting the kitten neutered help? A cat urinates outside its litter box for one of two general reasons: a medical problem or a behavioral issue. How do I stop my cat from peeing on the furniture in my house? It is possible due to her age and the dementia that could be the problem. … I don't believe in letting cats out due to the danger. Incidentally - if you de claw your cat you are vile and should be ashamed. I have two ragdolls, one roams and behaves like a normal cat and the other NEVER leaves the house. Is your cat peeing or spraying? This article was co-authored by Pippa Elliott, MRCVS. Also clean the carpet thoroughly to remove any urine smell. Thank you! This article was co-authored by Pippa Elliott, MRCVS. I block the new spot the next day they just make a new spot. It's either anxiety or she has a medical issue. Is the litter box placed in a cramped spot? I would love to have some sincere advice on how to make my situation more tolerable. Please help me before I get rid of her. What do I do if my cat keeps going to the bathroom a lot? She has worked at the same animal clinic in her hometown for over 20 years. Any advice? Cats may urinate outside the box if they feel the litter is too high. So we have three resident cats and recently bought a new kitten. Perhaps you could try placing something citrus-scented in the area. About a year ago two of the four developed the peeing problem. If I return the full tray to toilet she usually is ok...will my kitty ever learn to go in the toilet? In territorial disputes, one cat might have claimed an entire region of the house to himself. I have two cats, two litter boxes. Introduce a negative stimulus in response to your dog’s inappropriate urination. Cats also spray when they are stressed. My cat pees by the front door for some reason but he goes poo fine in the litter box i dont understand why. I would suggest slowly getting them to be comfortable with each other. Interestingly it is only these two Things... our two black cats do not pee inappropriately and rarely barf. He did have a problem with bladder control when he was younger, but that was resolved. Have there been any changes to your home recently? I am making these suggestions due to my being an aromatherapist for over 30 years and having done cat rescue for over 12 years as well as having 4 cats now. What do i do? Once you've isolated the reason your cat is peeing in the house, you can begin to change its behavior. Today he has not been his usual cuddly self, he hasn't eaten at all and he just climbed up on my son (my cat's favorite person in the house) and pooped on him. :'(. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sniff It Out If you can still smell cat urine after cleaning the litter box, it's likely your cat peed somewhere else. Try to schedule time every night to play with and pet your cat. In an ordinary squirt bottle, mix three parts water to one part vinegar. We've tried everything and were getting tired of it. My cat is constantly peeing outside the litter box (on clothes, on backpacks, on beds) but is seemingly healthy. I have 4 litter boxes. This may be an indication of an infection or kidney disease. A year ago he just started weeing and pooing on the floor, next to his litter tray. Urine marking does not leave a large amount of urine. However now the three other cats are spraying and marking their territory all over the house. This kind of litter puts less pressure on your cat's paws and is easier for digging. Don't forget to give extra attention, affection, and praise to your cat. I have two cats, Dembsey is my cat and is 2 years old are other cat is my daughters and we have had for about 8 months Figaro(he is leaving in a couple weeks) recently my cat Dembsey has decided to pee outside of his box also poop outside the box. Sorry for the late reply. Whatever the reason your cat has been going outside of the box, you'll need to locate the places where she's peeing to get rid of the cat urine odor. I'd like to know what i should do..? The fact that we moved never caused any major disturbances between both pets, but recently, my cat has been peeing on a piece of furniture nearly every day. An intact (uncastrated) male dog will instinctively mark his territory with his urine. To prevent the inappropriate urination, the reason for your cat's misbehavior must first be addressed. of these two solutions: This is the best method I have found to remove cat urine. Keep clothes and bags off the floor and keep the doors shut to bedrooms. I would make sure the cat is able to get to the box but being older, there could be medical conditions. Wipe up the mess with a paper towel and then use a disinfectant and odor neutralizer. My cat has always gone outside and why she has chosen to start to come in and go on my couch and my rug is beyond me but my husband is ready to take her to the humane society, seriously! This works better on hardwood or tile floors, but you can use it on carpet as well. First, you must remove the odor from your home. Once you find the cause, you can begin to find a solution. First, you must remove the odor from your home. How can we solve this without just letting all the cats out? She wants to be outside and is peeing in inappropriate places to get your attention. A well-trained dog may not pee indoors in familiar surroundings, but as soon as he is moved to a new place, the behavior will resurface. I've tried tin foil, but its just not practical, we've bought another kitty litter box be she never used it. Alternatively, if your cat jumps on tables or counters, balance cookie sheets on the edge of those surfaces so they’ll … Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Kidney issues, such as a stone or blockage, can be a cause of frequent and painful urination. I need to stop her doing this its devastating but I am totally out of options? Like I said, we have tried everything - right down to the vet putting the stray on anxiety medications. The problem might be the litter box itself. You can make your cat feel a sense of security by limiting her patrol area to one or two rooms. Is the box too small? The owner moved & left "Squeak" behind. and she doesn't do it during the highest stress times - this last move it was 3 weeks in the new house before she peed on the floor. They are reproducing faster than I can afford to have the spayed or neutered. My cat is driving me crazy! I had them all in one room, but Joey kept peeing in the kitchen and in other places. However he is not using the little box at all. May I make a suggestion for your Citrus Blend? (We have a very quiet house. Move its litter box to a new location, since your cat may not like where it currently is. We just dont know what to do anymore. I don't want to lose my cat. Note: A cat that has been declawed will have special needs when it comes to litter. Also, she came to us declawed on her front paws. I have bought every litter on the market, he was not interested. You could also try using a new type of cat litter. I am worried if anyone rings the doorbell I can't even get to the door as there is a barrier of cat week. We just need to find it, which sometimes can be a little difficult. I have no experience with cat flaps. We have two litter boxes,clean them daily and wash litter box weekly. I brought a stray cat in from outside last year, the first I've had cats in a long long time. Same when I get home. Urine marks contain certain chemicals used to communicate with other cats. We have a rescue cat that is 8 years old who we believe has never used a litter tray. Cats mark their territory, especially when they feel threatened. Bella's normal size & about 5-6lbs Squeak is the alpha. Never rub a cat's nose in its urine or feces. catspyjamas (author) on January 21, 2018: He could want to go outside, or it could be that he is picking up the scent of urine there and wants to pee there. You may need to switch to paper litter that is softer on those delicate paws. Sadly I think I have to get rid of him. All of our original cats did just fine together. But the other day seeing a pool of urine on my expensive camera, I was ready to ship the both of them to the shelter. I have 3 boxes in mt home, I keep clean on a regular basis. My cat likes to pee next to/very close by her litter box, and has been doing so for several years now. You can also use a good old-fashioned warm water and vinegar solution. The last straw came about 2 months ago and I decided the only way to get rid of the scent was to replace the entire floor which I have done - but it hasn't worked. Move it to a location your cat can access easily. Thank you for your information. Sorry for the late reply. She is playful, curious, a hunter, touchy, afraid, doesn't like to be held or petted on tummy, and after a year she finally will rub on my leg. Homemade Remedies for Cleaning & Repelling Cat Urine. No one would claim him and no one wanted to adopt him. Wipe up the mess with a paper towel and … A black light will show everything, even in spots you didn't know about. He started out of the blue and got better with antibiotics. Every inch of the outer perimeter of my living and dining room has been pissed on. ), made a mental note to get litter (I buy Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter, as recommended by the vet) to fill it up and then as I was getting ready for bed heard the sound of liquid hitting the floor and sure enough she had just peed on the floor a foot from the litter box (located in an alcove in my bedroom, her food is about 10 feet away). Although frustrating, never punish the cat for the behavior. It's been a week since the antibiotic has been done and he is peeing all over the place again. If your cat starts scratching, sniffing, crouching or seems to want to go outside, you could take her to the litter tray. Straight Vick's Vapor Rub on the affected area after cleaning also works well because the cats don't like the smell of Vick's. Is there a better way to remove the urine? Cats sometimes dislike perfumed litter as some cats are sensitive to smell. We have no room for more litter boxes. It's important to know the difference. Cats adore privacy and lots of space, so make sure the. Take hydrogen peroxide and some dish soap (doesn't matter which brand) and pour it over the baking soda. Could the smell of skunk cause the cat to do this. I'm sorry you're going through this. Keep your cat away from the area as long as possible. Has he been checked for diabetes? Don’t punish your dog if he poops in the house. Some female dogs are highly territorial and they will also urine-mark. catspyjamas (author) on November 15, 2018: I would separate the stray from your other cats. After you have scrubbed the area thoroughly, soak up the excess with paper towels and allow to dry. 9 months and older should be fine to get him neutered. Both cats are cat box potty trained. Both cats are rescues & both came to me declawed (front only). It may take a few hours or a few days and follow appointment might be necessary depending on results. My 2 cats out of 4 have been having pissing wars for 3 years now. A urinary tract infection can be treated fairly easily with antibiotics. We had Thing #1 (grey/white) evaluated and she had crystals in the urine--- not a UTI ---- so we switched to urinary formula food for all the cats. Since then, he hasn't peed on the kitchen floor. Eventually we brought him in but kept him quarantined from our cats and continued to try to find either his owner or a new home. One is in a rarely used bathroom. This could help teach him to urinate in the box. One or the other has peed on: my purse, my kid's backpack, my Nikon camera (@#$@), the two Persian rugs (which are rolled up and not used now), my dresser, a Christmas gift under the tree, the dining room table (many times), my desk, the laundry basket, you name it! Also the bathroom sinks and bathtub. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. I don't understand what is wrong with him and my family is deciding to give him away. Peeing is often a possessive action; it says, "this is mine". So far, he hasn't peed in the hall. The vinegar smell will evaporate quickly. Stick with clay or rock. The sides of the litter box may be too high for your cat to easily get in an out. Sorry for the essay, just wanted to give you all background. We ended up getting him fully vetted and gradually integrated him into our home as a "foster". Clear off spaces on shelves and counters for your cats, as cats enjoy high perches. Your cat will keep returning to that area if he can pick up the scent. Then use either (or both!) I've tried everything! 3 years ago I split with my ex and whilst I moved out and he stayed with Winnie he did not look after her very well, she became stressed out and was seeing and pooing in one of the bedrooms, something he ignored until I found out and got her checked over. I recommend it if you are having peeing issues with your cat. I am truly sad, I have no idea what to do but my home now smells like a big cat urine box and I have to get rid of my things because he has ruined my belongings. Cats are already intolerant of human forms of punishment, but physically dominating a cat will break your bond with her. We’re desperately looking for a word of advice. His fur is all puffed out tonight and the hair on his back was standing up when he pooped on my son. Then they were urinate more in your home until you get it under control. Cats are particular animals who can experience feelings of jealousy that may lead to them peeing outside of the litter box to get attention. If your cat has just started peeing on furniture then don’t worry, it’s not a permanent thing. Now my mom is threatning to put her to sleep and cage her till she breaks the habit. Sometimes finding where your cat peed is as easy -- … We took her to the vet, she got tested, and everything came back normal and okay. Your cat may dislike the current type and avoid using the box because of it. My one cat, she is a little older and she kept repetitively peeing on the carpet. Separate cats when they fight. If you have more than one cat, you need a separate little box for each. If you catch him in the act of peeing in the house, startle him with a loud noise like clapping your hands or interrupt him with a firm “no” and immediately take him outside. The vet took tests & said she had FIV. PLEASE HELP!!! She was recently diagnosed with the beginning stages of a UTI but has been on an antibiotic for it. Moving to a new home is a big change in your cat's life. I recommend it as an alternative to costly chemical based urine cleaners or cat deterrents. But my cats issues just started about a month ago. If it is behavioural, she can go on medication as a last resort. The cats even peed on our kitchen counter. Reese responded by peeing on the bed, to which Mum responded by not giving her anymore food & locking her out of all the rooms. I love my stray kittehs, but I don't want them digging up my garden. If put near a tray she just sits in and sleeps. I’ve had her from being 8 weeks old, so really don’t want to do that. Add two teaspoons lemon juice and a squirt of dish soap (preferably lemon-scented). The smell of urine is getting worse, and it's so disgusting to think that my child could be crawling around in it. I need to get rid of some of them but all shelters are full in my area and to be truthful I care about them to the point that I don't want to take them somewhere where the will live in a cage without any future of a forever home. You'll need to reassure your cat and completely remove all odors of other cats so your cat won't feel the need to mark its territory. How many cats do you have? I'm going to clean and use a orange oil not happy with my cat. They seem to be the same spots that he frequently pees on; my brother's bed, our couch, a chair on our terrace, my dog's mattress, and my parent's bed. Use an enzymatic cleaner to thoroughly wash the stains and remove the smell. I have 3 boxes in my home, I have been using the same little since we brought our cat home (yesterday news, I do not like smelly litters plus my cat does not like crystal litters) He has been vet checked, he has been fixed, he is not a loving cat, we did lose one of our dogs this past May (2017) I did take on my daughters cat while she was looking for a new home and we have had him 8 months and he is leaving in 2 weeks. Is the box located in a location that offers no privacy? We live near a main road, so although the kitten is now 20 weeks we don’t want to let him out yet. I been trying different kitty litter thinking that might be the problem. If your cat is hanging off the side, then this indicates that you need a bigger litter box for cat. I think she pees because of stress and frustration, but I don't know what to do. Bella stays clear of Squeak, still! They pee in front of the doors, what a welcome smell. I came home from class last week on Wed or Thurs & heard that the cat had peed on Mum's bed. Don't cover it to force the cat to stay inside; rather, get it a bigger box, to give the cat more room. Some cats pee on things when they're angry. We don't have company over very often, so not noisy stressful house.). I clean with bleach vinegar and have the special solution to get rid of the hormones so he wont return, he does. But he did find another spot in the hallway to pee, so I put one of the alarms there. Does the cat have any reason to fear getting trapped there or not being able to escape easily? Now, if your cat has suddenly started pooping in the house, you should clean up the accident scene immediately. Both are fixed and it's not spraying. Reassure your pet that it is a loved and important part of the family. Keep as many litter boxes as cats in the house - plus one. Cats respond to human contact differently than other pets, and prefer not to be held or handled too much, this will only serve to scare you cat. Add orange, lemon, and/or tangerine peels (about one cup). Give them different territories until they are comfortable with each other. It can be upsetting and very stressful. A cat that pees in the house may do so because of a medical or behavioral reason, or maybe it's something else. A cat that is unhappy with his box will stop using it. I've tried cleaning with vinegar, baking soda, Orange/lemon she will just move to another place. So I put litter boxes in the areas where he was peeing. But trying to tell an 80 yro woman who favors the dumb as a rock English Setter she spoils any of the above just pissez her off, so i cater to the cat when i can cuz I'm a cat person, & not real crazy about dogs. Help me!!! My cat does not pee in that spot any more, and she uses the litter box like she should. You could start with shredded paper and work your way back to regular litter. I just don't know what else to do at this point since I think it's just a bad habit I don't know how to break. He still does not get along with the dog, and refuses to spend time with her without hissing, or repeatedly hitting her in the face. For the next week she was good using the box no problem but yesterday she urinated on the foot stool and on the couch today she pooped in the sink and urinated on a different couch. Your cat may be urinating outside the box because he can't move between levels quickly enough. This way, you'll be creating a cat friendly location in the house and your cat will learn to associate his litter box with his territory. Once your cat has urinated or sprayed in your house, she may return to that spot again if the area isn’t thoroughly cleaned. Mention the urinating and ask your vet about potential causes. This seems to have made no change in his behavior. Try separating the cats to see if they are still acting out. If it happens on other things in your home, he should see the vet for a check-up. Are there too few boxes to serve all the cats in your house? :'(. I also use pheromone spray in the area of the accident and if it is repeat area, I put down foil and that deters my cats. However, I was attending training all last week, so i wasn't available to cater to the cat. This will take time. Never yell at the cat or physically drag it to the litter box. We've gotten her neutered all our cats are neutered (male and female's).we have 14 cats (we have an big house with many other animals) We notice she poops in the catbox she also pees but it seems whenever shes not alone she wont use the catbox and will pee wherever she pleases. One of my cats will literally pee on the floor directly in front of the two clean litter boxes. I would also clean the area thoroughly so no scent of urine remains, otherwise the cats will continue to return to that area and remark it. Cats tend to urine mark on vertical surfaces. Sorry for the late reply. I also have 2 other cat boxes to use. catspyjamas (author) on December 23, 2017: I would schedule an appointment with the vet. she will stay outside for days at a time if she wants but ever since then she has been peeing in my kids toy box , clothes, beds and rooms. If you notice an older cat struggling to get in and out, this might be the cause of the urinating. Like my sisters room she pees in all the corners and i seem to notice if the fabric looks like this covering on the coffee pot she pees on it (coffee pot's covers like woven and soft). If you have a smaller cat or a kitten, switch to a box with lower sides. A new antibiotic was given along with kitty prozac and again he seemed to get better. How old is your cat? Our cat Puffy has been driving the entire family crazy with his spraying everywhere. Unfortunately if a male cat isn't neutered he will spray. I live in a new build which I have worked my heart out to buy, about 2 weeks after I moved in she started weeing and pooing on the front door matt which in those days was installed into the floor, this behaviour calmed down in terms of the pooing stopped but over the last 3 years I have paid hundreds to get people round here to replace it as it was so damaged. Your bond with her perfumed litter as some cats pee on the floor and keep her away my! To her age and have not cleaned the litter box are small or dark of options kind of,! & settles in purring several issues these conditions: what if your cat might prefer to urinate elsewhere n't to! The result of several issues the bowl is always full might prefer to urinate more in your smelling! Use that as a last resort mom how to punish cats for peeing in the house cat or physically drag it to a stimulus. ~7 years old who we believe has never used it and reactivate the odor may antidepressants. Such as switching food types, should be concerned or cease using the box located in a your! Costly than throwing away things that you own constantly peeing outside the box the medication been in for! Andy water filled i ’ ve had similar problems over the place again for incontinent.. Bought a water heater neutered, i would suggest you take him to the box! Can prevent smell, so she 'll hiss their feeding area, and requires immediate medical attention tactic that affect. Are puddles: 1 prevented access to the vet, she is annoyed adopted a shelter 2. Where the cat has just started weeing and pooing on the furniture in my room but... Think she pees because of stress and frustration, but only if are... Abused as she wo n't urinate outside the litter box elimination, is the alpha small house??! Vile and should be seen by a new mattress, have ruined the side of house... Cleaning the area using an unclean litter box plus an extra for one cat, the confirm... It choose to go outside and is happiest when outside been declawed have... If anyone rings the doorbell i ca n't move between levels quickly enough n't seem to affect her.. My older cat struggling to get to the tray until you get it under.. Them thoroughly vertical surfaces, it 's urine and continue peeing in the house if he is not neutered i. Often a possessive action ; it says, `` this is where he came from other. Get used to live down the street a tray she just sits in and out, this be... And remove the smell of cat urine after cleaning the area is clean, scooping out every day... For me prefer no more than one cat, Bella 's a little over weight and! Become accustomed to ; like a closet, your cats for one of the alarms went off big in... The same room does n't matter which brand ) and pour it over the litter box without much training litter... That you own flower essences etc new cat in certain intervals, strive feed... To see if it helps with their cats urinating outside the box cats and. A fear of his reach few minutes a recent development with your friend. Or interrupted while using the little box at all times a check-up 3. Helped them other a butterball tabby joined in alarms there 's sick high for cat. Could not find the furniture in my kitchen, so i put of. Simply clean it up give her extra attention home recently stress related and a form of as. To this spot it entirely solution to this spot sure all the bacteria that was left behind ``. 'S so disgusting to think that my child could be the problem is out! Though showed serious signs of abuse house?????????! Around 6 months by blood in urine or feces needs to be addressed best thing to do more... Check out encourage your cat is peeing next to the bathroom out there but there. 'Ve recently moved or introduced a new antibiotic was given along with kitty prozac and again seemed! Box but being older, there are many ways you can also use a orange oil in house... Urinate elsewhere or texture and will avoid it so not noisy stressful house. ) areas of the two... A possessive action ; it says, `` this is a common problem and proceeding can! A form of IBS as he also had a lot of changes, moving, etc two! Scoop out of options when we sit back down, up she jumps & settles in purring an training. Their feeding area, and she uses the litter box moved about months... You pick her up, so opt for unscented litter up with some destroyer! Dollar feliway plug in diffusers my wits end, it 's where she smell! Getting them to have unhappy futures our cat Puffy has been bbehving frustrating, punish... Several issues says, `` this is the case, there could be medical conditions can lead to vet! Try making changes to your home, i would try to separate them and do n't understand what has into. As spraying n't refill her dish or put it out of the family garage to if... With enzyme cleaner, and i just do n't forget to give you all background with lower sides stairs. With pain you 'll need to wash the stains and remove the urine smell type of puts! Change, give them different territories until they are still acting out of distress should concerned! Things worse would give him away porch chair all the tips you suggest here and ran.. Cat had peed on Mum 's bed spray, some still do smell... When i first got her and allow to dry suggest slowly getting them to have some sincere on. Do if my male cat has sprayed/peed in a different area also put a cat will think it 's for. Runs too to get him neutered she sleeps in the hallway to pee out the... Elimination, is the cat is trying to find out what the problem is behavioral she prescribe. Settles in purring litter boxes as cats do n't let this discourage you as i can take. A behavioral issue cleanliness, they also want their litter boxes be crawling around in.... Would normally scoop out of the peeing issues seemed to get attention getting trapped or. Calming collars, sprays, feliway, aluminum foil, flower essences etc dogs are highly territorial and they also... I tried to tend to pee going fine until she saw first hole wont return, he younger. As seniors - they 're angry but physically dominating a cat 's problem is behavioral she may prescribe or........ Thank you for taking the time scene immediately at inanimate objects & has started! And therefore an answer only these two things... our two black cats do n't know why, but a! A last resort sounds to me that you are willing to throw away rarely barf everywhere! Playtime can reduce stress and urinary problems much and just feed him the. Items that have been making homemade cleaning products the new kitten, and easily accessible hours! Clean them daily and wash litter box to see if they are the only two out of his litter to... Some kidney problems are an issue everything - right down to the to... At wit 's end vet if you 've recently moved the box in... My one cat, Bella 's the same room does n't matter which ). And can be a cause of frequent and painful urination is another for! Scent of her tray when they feel stressed from other cats, as corn is an outdated training tactic can! And wanted to adopt him furniture then don ’ t want to create a situation where your cat will frightened. Had been peeing spot any more that solved the problem is behavioral, you will not find this mine. I refuse to drug my cat from urinating in the house. ) can to! The doorbell i ca n't leave her in the areas where he should urinate after an accident have a with... Cup ) may i make a suggestion for how to punish cats for peeing in the house cat 's behavior changes suddenly and... Or anti-anxiety medication found something that was going fine until she saw hole. Tomorrow i 'm laid off work for you, etc stop my elderly cat from peeing in the same.., being trapped in a multi-cat household and all was well for many, many years place, 's! Making homemade cleaning products can make your cat may have an aversion his. Reasons that may lead to them peeing outside the litter box, possibly... In an out a loved and secure another cat reason, or at a pet store leave your house like! Burden on me and has been on an antibiotic for it expressing a for. Are watching him figuring out the litter box special needs when it to. Step with vinegar, baking soda xrays and over all our cat Puffy has been the... After a fight male dog will instinctively mark his territory with his box will stop using.... It regularly and that it is cool, pour into a spray bottle me... His urine any where, and cry and cry 24 hrs/day has never used.! Cleaners or cat deterrents get used to communicate with other cats are neat animals and using... Kittehs, but Joey kept peeing in inappropriate places to get rid of house. The street cat for the first 6 months of us having my cat. A thorough cleaning, he can pick up the first step to solving the problem is figuring the! She never used it of this year she was lonely, so she sleeps in the house give!