Free shipping . It’s affordable in case it is lost or broken. Best of all it doesn’t get in the way of your grip on the knife. The frame lock is simple, and in my experience, these locks are robust and handy. It just seemed like one day they were everywhere. While each folding knife design has its own set of unique qualities, they generally don’t vary all that wildly from one another, and we can all refocus on what we ought to be doing without too much of a fuss. It has a slight reverse curvature, allowing for precision cutting and chopping. Best Survival Knives I used it exclusively for a couple years. When you open the knife, you’ll find that the frame lock snaps into place, locking the blade securely into its chopping-est position. As the review mentioned, the gring on the blade is awful. Image not available. $29.99. $37.99. Gerber Knives Freeman Guide Drop Point Knife - Fixed. One side of the handle features machined aluminum, while the back side features the same silky-smooth, polished steel as the blade. 99% Upvoted. In his free time, you might find Chris with his nose jammed in a book, or tearing out his remaining hair while watching Liverpool FC. For the blade steel, Gerber opted for using 7Cr17MoV. There is no play left to right or back and forth. This pocket knife is built for utility with a cleaver blade in a folding application. You can’t reverse it in any way due to handle’s design. The lock was way too tight, and some of the moving parts needed to be de-burred. GERBER Quadrant Flipper Knife 2.75" BLK Two-Tone USA Knives Bamboo Inlay NEW. Unlike other folding knives, Gerber designed the Quadrant’s 2.7-inch long blade in a sheepsfoot fashion. Installed weight is approximately 6.60 oz. As a cleaver the blade is quite broad, it sits at 1.125 inches wide and is .15 inches thick. Once opened the blade is locked in solid. In fact, it might even be a little too strong. ... Gerber Flatiron - Folding Cleaver Pocket Knife - Aluminum Grey Handle [30-001494] Sold by GrowKart. Man of Many, 13 Jul 2019. Cleaver knives have become quite popular these days due to their robust blade design and just how thick they are. The blade has a worn, stonewashed finish that’s plenty attractive from a purely aesthetic standpoint. However, we occasionally come across a design that’s enough of a departure from the norm that we all have to take turns playing with it for the next hour. It’ll never be accidentally opened. I have cut through a ton of stuff with great results so far: Paracord, packing tape, jute twine, scraps of leather, paper backdrops here in my photography studio…You name it. That’s a bit heavy for a folding knife. First off, I like the short, but thick design. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. $35.00 0 bids. The blade is 3.8 inches, with an overall length of 8.5 inches. However, I find all of those things easy to overlook because I just like this knife. Please consider that buying anything through any of the links on this website helps support BladeReviews.com, and keeps the site going. For more information about the Gerber Flatiron folding knife, visit the Gerber website here. I have two cleavers on top of the refrigerator with edge guards when not in use. $14.99. Folding Knife: Price $ You’re pretty well stuck carrying this knife in the tip-up position. Arguably the most prominent feature, the cleaver blade is bold and trend forward, The sleek thumb-hole opening allows for smooth one-hand engagement while operating, A large finger coil ensures solid hand placement for secure control when choking up, The pocket clip is specifically designed for low profile carry that doesn't draw attention, Textured G-10 handle provides a confident grip in any situation. The Gerber FlatIron gains its unique name from the flat, cleaver blade it has. Gerber Knives. The Quadrant speaks to those who seek a modern knife with unique handle materials and sleek blade to set it apart. Not to be picky on your choice of words….but thats not a “Hollow Grind” thats called a “Convex Grind” much like an Axe, Hatchet, or real meat cleaver which is to specialize in chopping. These cookies do not store any personal information. Want more? That piqued our interest. Best EDC Knives When you think about a good utility knife for EDC you probably have a box cutter in mind, but actual folding knives can do the trick too. You can’t demand much from a 30 dollar knife, but I’d expect at least an even hollow grind. Plus, its unique, eye-catching bamboo handle makes it a standout. There’s one key thing to note about Pro Tool Reviews: We’re all about the professional tool user and tradesman! … Their latest solid state tool, the Gerber Mullet , adds even more functionality with a total of 9 tools. I’ve had one of these for about six months. The reverse curvature of the knife's spine keeps knuckles away from the cutting surface, allowing the u 18 comments. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn income when you click on an Amazon link. The blade is easily opened with one hand thanks to the large thumb hole. We did notice, however, that out of the box, this blade comes pre-dulled unlike most Gerber knives. Thank you very much. Great ergos and a wide pocket clip make the Flatiron a great option for everyday carry. The lock has a full inch of texturing where the thumb naturally falls, and this makes it easy to defeat the tight lock and fold the blade. The Gerber Flatiron is a unique pocket knife, as it is shaped like a cleaver. This is good because Gerber has dull blades when purchased. The pocket clip has a lot of good to it, but a bit of bad to go with it. Unless you’re reckless with a Torx wrench, the machined aluminum frame probably won’t be falling apart on you. And...we'll even send you our "Best Tools for Your Hard-earned Dollars" white paper! This thread is archived. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Immediately catching the eye, the Quadrant boasts two different handle scale options: white G-10 composite and bamboo. The blade will open smoothly, even when stiff. The knife is a folder and pushes full size to its limits. Realistically, a cleaver does its best work in the kitchen and that’s not far from the truth for Gerber. The Quadrant comes in either bamboo or G-10 composite handle so you get a choice. Gerber: SOG: Gerber: Name: 3.625 in. The clip will need a break-in period to loosen up enough to avoid the wrestling match between it and your pocket. Would love your thoughts, please comment. Sort by. I’d even be happy to pay closer to $40-50 for a version with such improvements. The FlatIron is tough and robust so it will resist abuse. The reverse curvature of the knife's spine keeps knuckles away from the cutting surface, allowing the use to cut and chop with precision. Gerber Gear Gerber Flatiron - Folding Cleaver Pocket Knife - Desert Tan G-10 Handle [30-001495], 3.5 in. $31.97. Gerber has been putting together every day carries that not only meet the function you require, but also provide a handsome look. Stainless Steel Partially Serrated Drop Point Folding Knife: Quadrant 2.7 in. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. The blade lacks a point which reduces the risk for young and new knife users. From what I’ve read this steel is pretty tough and resists corrosion well. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Rather than elegantly coming to a fine point that would be suitable for piercing applications, the Flatiron blade comes to an abrupt halt at 3.8″. Best Tactical Knives I do have a few concerns about the hollow grind on this blade. The whole knife looks cool, and that’s likely one of its most significant selling points. It looks good too. bdc, I found a Dexter brand Chinese cleaver in a dumpster in college once. Copyright ©2008-2020 CD Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The FlatIron made a big showing at SHOT, and it makes sense why. add to compare compare now. The blade has a large choil that allows you to choke up on the knife for increased control and leverage for tougher cuts. The blade is made from the always fun to type 7Cr17MoV steel. Archived. It is a small, but a nice feature I appreciate it living around sand and salt water. The Quadrant speaks to those who seek a modern knife with unique handle materials and sleek blade to set it apart. This post contains affiliate links. When he doesn't have his hands on tools himself, he's often the man behind the camera lens making the rest of the team look good. It’s a deep hole, so your thumb isn’t likely to slip out. Best sellers you may like in Pocket Knives (37) Opinel No. There is no grit or stop and go feeling as the knife opens. The Gerber FlatIron gains its unique name from the flat, cleaver blade it has. The truth is that I think that there are a few things that Gerber could improve. Additionally, as a cutting blade, it does excel when sharpened for cutting through tougher materials like thick cardboard, and plastic straps. Cleaver knives have become quite popular these days due to their robust blade design and just how thi… Required fields are marked *. Which was actually a few days ago. The knife has a hollow grind, which isn’t a problem itself. Learn how your comment data is processed. As a cleaver the blade is quite broad, it sits at 1.125 inches wide and is .15 inches thick. For those times when I’m hiking the trail or hanging out on the campsite, I’m pretty sure I’ll have the most functional and coolest looking knife around. Once the FlatIron hit the streets, they were tough to find, and in December I got my hands on one. One side features a grip panel, either aluminum or G10, and the other side is stonewashed aluminum that incorporates the frame lock and pocket clip. See how the Flatiron fared in our Best Budget Pocket Knives article for more info! Also, its right side, tip up only. Gerber Jukebox, EDC Pocket Knife with Straight Edge Blade Flipper, Tortoise Shell [31-003761] 4.5 out of 5 stars 336. WAS: $29.99 * Gerber Knives Ripstop II Drop Point Folding Knife. It’s a big knife, and a cleaver has to be. In today’s world of Internet news and online content, we found that more and more professionals researched a large majority of their major power tool purchases online. Immediately catching the eye, the Quadrant boasts two different handle scale options: white G-10 composite and bamboo. It’s also a nice blade for whittling wood. It’s pretty tight and doesn’t flick out easily at first. It cuts smooth and deep through meat and might make an excellent field kitchen knife. This was our reaction when we got a hold of the Gerber Flatiron, a cleaver style folding knife that looks like it would feel right at home in the hands of Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Cutting Ability: The Gerber Quadrant has been a great performer so far and I have sharpened it a bit as well (more on that in a second). The blade is secured open thanks to the integral frame lock. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Of course, that particular road goes both ways, and I don’t think the Flatiron will be my EDC. That’s a bit heavy for a folding knife. You can chop and cut to heart’s content, including for meals on the trail. As always, any and all support is greatly appreciated. Lotta fun, and you are right, the rocking action is surprisingly effective. Deploying the blade is intuitive and simple with a sturdy finger flipper. I agree, that’s a totally different tool from something like the Flatiron. It feels awkward and uncomfortable to use with one hand, and I’d prefer a finger flipper or thumb studs here. It’s certainly deep enough to keep your finger from slipping out. That and it just feels good to hold. What’s with the rise in popularity with cleaver knives? This is cheap steel, and the FlatIron is an affordable, Chinese produced, knife. $21.86. • 7Cr17MoV blade • Textured aluminum handle The Gerber® Flat Iron Folding Knife is built for utility with a cleaver blade in a folding application. $33.01 $30.00. The top side of the handle recesses inward a bit as well, which accommodates the natural curve of your hand. The blade opens via a thumb hole. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Opens image gallery. Looking down the tip of the blade shows a highly irregular and crude grind. This design isn’t bad, but the blade is a bit tight when new. This makes it easy oil and clean. I like the knife personally, but that’s because of my inner mall ninja. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. You'll find Chris behind the scenes of almost everything Pro Tool Reviews produces. Free shipping . It’s low profile and also subtle. It’s a big knife, and a cleaver has to be. Gerber is a massive company, the FlatIron looked cool as hell, and Gerber promised a low price tag. A bit of a downside in my book. The FlatIron pocket … Best High Value Knives. Which was actually a few days ago. add to compare compare now. WAS: $19.99 * Gerber Ultimate Fixed Blade Knife. Once sharpened it cuts well. There are two obstacles here that work together to make opening the knife, and to a lesser degree closing the knife, a bit of a chore. The rear of the blade has zero jimping which is odd. If a person can find it, watch the pre-code The Hatchet Man staring Edgar G. Robinson. Gerber Adds the Quadrant to their Retro Folding Blades. Gerber. In the closed position, it’s comfortable to wear and it stays out of the way. NKD Gerber Quadrant for my B-Day! The Quadrant is their latest addition, and it definitely fills the description of “a fashion statement with a function.” Build quality was a little bit lacking. Amazon. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing to our, Wrenches, Drivers, Pliers & Socket Reviews, Lansky Knife Sharpening System Standard & Deluxe, Zero Tolerance 0707 EDC Folding Knife Review, Gerber Prybrid Utility Multi-Tool Knife Review, Crescent Pocket Knives | 4 Stylish Models, Best MasterForce Cordless Tool Reviews | Now With Boost Technology, Chemical Guys Hypershield and Hyperban Disinfectants for Cleaning, Metabo HPT MultiVolt 3/4-inch High Torque Impact Wrench WR36DAQ4, Wurth Zebra 4-Piece Pliers and Cutters Set, Milwaukee M18 Fuel 3/4-inch High Torque Impact Wrench, Loftek Nova Power Jump Starter 2200A (G21), EGO Lawn Mower Reviews 2020 | What to Know Before You Buy, Milwaukee Quik-Lok Attachment System Video Review, Worx 20V Cordless Orbital Buffer and Polisher WX856L, Tool Manufacturers and Tool Brands by Logo, Tip-up carry with low profile pocket clip. $39.99. save hide report. A little blade oil helped as did some use and now I can flick it open with ease. It looks a little uneven, and while this type of grind excels at skinning applications, it is also known for dulling pretty quickly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Generally speaking, however, we hop back to work pretty quickly. 248. Free shipping for many products! It’s pretty tight though, and it’s difficult to get onto my jeans. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. This falls right in line with what you’d probably expect to pay for a folder with this type of steel and no bearing or spring assist. Filed Under: EDC Knives, Folding Knives, Gerber Tagged With: 7Cr17MoV, aluminum, cleaver, wharncliffe. I’ve had enough $40 pocket knives loosen up or fall apart on me after a couple years that I’ve started to move toward the higher dollar knives. The Gerber Flatiron retails for $37. This model of the Gerber Quadrant sports a two-tone finished blade, and a black steel handle with a bamboo scale inlay. This precision milled front scale is a perfect fit to replace the stock aluminum scale. $85.80 $76.56. The frame lock is robust and does its job well with the big blade. Opened, the blade has just a bit of side-to-side wobble, which isn’t too out of the ordinary and doesn’t give us cause for alarm. Gerber Quadrant, Straight Edge Flipper Knife with Pocket Clip, Bamboo [31-003731] Sold by GrowKart. Your email address will not be published. The Gerber Flatiron is a sturdy cleaver folding knife built for general utility. The Gerber Quadrant is a fashionable flipper knife with an ultra-clean design and a true sheepsfoot blade. For one thing, I don’t love the thumbhole design. Our site uses cookies. The frame lock is very safe for heavy or clumsy work. The Gerber FlatIron’s greatest strength is its looks. While it gets plenty sharp, my example has so much deformity at the tip it makes it impossible to properly sharpen the last 1/4 inch at the tip of the blade. Gerber Jukebox Pocket Knife is no longer available. The FlatIron pocket folder features a robust 3.6 inch blade, a textured aluminum handle, and a sturdy frame lock design. It’s a big knife and weighs 5.6 ounces. Gerber Quadrant Bamboo Clip Folding Knife. I’ve put it through my Smith’s Pocket Pal a time or two, and it edges right up. Mouse over to Zoom-Click to enlarge. My favorite feature of the Flatiron is the finger choil. It almost looks like someone at the factory snipped off the front end of the blade, but rest assured, the design here is intentional. $35.00. See Price In Cart. We all like knives around this office, and when new models come in for review, we all usually stop what we’re doing to look at the new stock. It’s like a straight razor that locks. If I’m skinning, I’m not reaching for this blade design anyway, as it lacks an adequate piercing tip. In the movie, he carried two cleavers. Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. It features a sleek, modern handle design that includes an integrated frame lock and a deep carry pocket clip. $31.97. The blade is 3.8 inches, with an overall length of 8.5 inches. They design the tools, knives and outdoor gear that are essential, not only for the task at hand, but for bringing back something lost: our self-reliance. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for gerber knife quadrant bamboo new at the best online prices at eBay! He enjoys his faith, family, friends, and the Oxford comma. Place your order now. It’s a big handle that fills the hand which I do enjoy. The 7Cr17MoV steel is sturdy and corrosion resistant, so it can take the abuse, and since it dulls fast they’ll be learning to sharpen it, and it sharpens easily enough. In some situations, you may not want a point. GERBER Quadrant Flipper Knife 2.75" BLK Two-Tone USA Knives Bamboo Inlay NEW. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/gerber-flatiron-folding-knife-with-g10-grip When you squeeze the grip, the lock is reinforced which means its a safe knife for hard work. $19.99. Gerber's iconic Shard one-piece tool ticked all those boxes, making it one of the most popular keychain essentials with EDCers. It’s a big knife and weighs 5.6 ounces. I regularly use it as a box cutter and occasionally for food prep. Once opened, the Gerber Flatiron feels great. The G10 grips provide more of a gripping surface, and the aluminum grips are smoother and better looking. About what you expect from a $30 one off Gerber. SHARE. The pocket clip is super heavy duty, The … The Gerber Flatiron employs a cleaver style blade. Regular price $69.95 ... GERBER Flatiron Folding Knife 7Cr17MoV USA Knives Stainless Steel Blade Aluminum 494 NEW LOOK! Food is not chopped. It almost looks like someone at the factory snipped off the front end of the blade, but rest assured, the design here is intentional. Overall I like what the knife is trying to do, but I do wish Gerber would upgrade the blade steel, even to something like the 420 HC they use on the ghost strike and improve their QC on the grind and edge geometry. Treat your Gerber Flatiron to a new Titanium front scale from Flytanium. The lack of a point is a downside to some and limits the knife’s versatility. For people who are used to nice, high-end knives, the FlatIron might be a disappointment. On the hunt for the best cordless impact wrench this [...]. This budget favorite deserves an upgrade! The good news is that it’s wide and strong. The frame is held together by 3 pins and the folding pivot. Gerber Gear Ultimate Knife, Fixed Blade Survival Knife with Firestarter ... Info. With its flipper opening and sturdy frame lock, the Quadrant is a fashion statement with a function. It also feels like the blade joint needs a drop of oil to loosen it up. Close. The FlatIron sports an odd, but comfortable handle. Rather than elegantly coming to a fine point that would be suitable for piercing applications, the Flatiron blade comes to an abrupt halt at 3.8″. I do see one solid purpose for this knife, and that would be for a younger, new knife owner. Gerber OBSIDIAN . The Flat Iron pocket folder features a robust 3.6" blade, a textured aluminum handle, and a sturdy frame lock design. Finding a knife that feels like it could outlast a shotgun blast seems like a good deal at this price point. NKD Gerber Quadrant for my B-Day! With a finger flip, the Gerber Quadrant Bamboo pocket knife deploys with ease and stays securely in place. Gerber has built it well, it feels good to hold onto, and because of its unique design, it can cover some bases that my drop point knives won’t tackle quite as well. When it comes to EDC Knives as style pieces the folding cleaver is in! It’s built for utility with a cleaver blade in a folding application featuring a robust 3.6-inch blade. SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERSgoogletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1448375265475-0'); }); From a knife snob standpoint, I should have mixed feelings about the Gerber Flatiron. This titanium scale is perfect for customization! Pro Tool Reviews is a successful online publication that has been providing tool reviews and industry news since 2008. Join our newsletter and get the latest tool reviews every week! Gerber Quadrant. Thanks for helping us do what we love. Fend For Yourself. I know a few first responders who carry Sheepshead blades to cut and slice near people while reducing the chance of stabbing someone if the knife slips. Before you hit the trails, you’ll want to give the Flatiron a once-over with the ol’ whetstone. Ever since i saw the video from SHOT Show i believe it was. I have been drooling over this one for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. Gerber Gear Flatiron - Folding Cleaver Pocket Knife - Aluminum Grey Handle [30-001494], 3.5 in 4.6 out of 5 stars 985. Gerber Jukebox, EDC Pocket Knife with Straight Edge Blade Flipper, Tortoise Shell [31-003761] 4.5 out of 5 stars 330. The thick blade makes the thumb hole easy to use. This is a popular blend from China that we see in a lot of budget survival knives. It’s relatively inexpensive to produce, and because of its high Vanadium content, it’s also relatively tough and wear-resistant, while still offering some rust resistance. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The comment form collects your name, email and content to allow us keep track of the comments placed on the website. While the knife can be flicked open it’s still slower than a Kershaw with speed assist or anything crazy. Closed, has a slim design that feels sturdy and durable. It’s large and in charge, and it’s awesome when you need to choke up on the knife for better control. For 31 bucks I didn’t have massive expectations, but I have plenty of budget knives that perform beyond their price tag. Editor: I recommend purchasing the Gerber Flatiron at Gerber Flatiron or BladeHQ. We may get paid an affiliate commission if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of the links on this web page. My use for a cleaver has always been the kitchen, and the FlatIron separated meat from bone pretty easily. From an ergonomic perspective, the Gerber Flatiron presents a mixed bag. Gerber Quadrant, Straight Edge Flipper Knife with Pocket Clip, Bamboo [31-003731] 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,187. Info. It’s not particularly special outside of looking nice. Free shipping . Straight Edge Flipper Knife: Trident Partially Serrated Folding Utility Knife: Flatiron Micarta 3 in. SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERSgoogletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1389975325257-0'); }); One of the notable qualities about the Gerber Flatiron revolves around its general beefiness. best. Adding to the general stout feeling of the knife, the Gerber Flatiron features a spine that comes in at just a bit thicker than an eighth of an inch. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Description. ... Gerber Flatiron - Folding Cleaver Pocket Knife - Desert Tan. GERBER FLATIRON GREY ALUMINUM LINERLOCK FOLDING KNIFE 30-001494 *NEW GERBER FLATIRON GREY ALUMINUM LINERLOCK FOLDING KNIFE 30-001494 *NEW ... gerber knife quadrant bamboo new. It dulls relatively fast but sharpens easily. Your email address will not be published. The FlatIron was my go-to for opening Christmas present boxes for the kids this year. $25.97. Thankfully, because the blade only has the slightest uptick, and doesn’t involve any strange angles or serration, sharpening is a pretty simple affair. It’s also deep enough that it ought to keep your finger from sliding onto the blade edge. The handle is also completely open. We had options from Spyderco, Boker, Kershaw, CRKT, and of course the Gerber FlatIron. Gerber Gear in Canada ( Click Here ) for our "Advanced Search" Filter Results by: All Manufacturers Clip&Carry Gerber Any Price Under $25 $25 - $49.99 $50 - $99.99 $100 - $149.99 $150 - $199.99 $200 - $299.99 300 and up I would not use the knife as a cleaver in the kitchen on a regular basis. Then, you will love our Gerber Flatiron pocket knife. WAS: $49.99 * Gerber … Gerber Quadrant Performance Review . It doesn’t do one any one task well, but it is affordable, safe and tough. 2 results Sort by: Gerber Quadrant Flipper Knife 2.75" Two-Tone Sheepsfoot Blade, Bl… $36.00. Gerber makes lots of knives at lots of different price points, some hit, some miss, but how does the FlatIron come out? However, when I need to open the Flatiron, it’s not going to be like using an assisted opening folder. The Gerber FlatIron comes in two different grip styles, a hunter green aluminum grips and FDE colored G10 grips. Deploying the blade is intuitive and simple with a sturdy finger flipper. Picture Information. Posted by 6 months ago. However, the grind is very uneven. Gerber Quadrant zsebkés Teljes hossz: 171 mm Penge hossz: 69 mm (Sheepsfoot) Penge vastagság: 2,7 mm Anyaga: 7Cr17MoV Zár típus: Frame Lock Markolat: Bambusz 8 390 … The Gerber Flatiron employs a cleaver style blade. Gerber Quadrant, Straight Edge Flipper Knife with Pocket Clip, Bamboo [31-003731] S & H: see site. share. The benefit is the knife less aggressive looking and lower profile in case that is a concern. It is too small and a large cleaver is used in a rolling motion by competent chefs for safety reasons. For those who love the design aesthetics of the Quadrant but want a composite handle, Gerber has them covered as well. We finished these with a stonewash finish. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. All Gerber products are designed and engineered in Portland, OR where many are produced. To keep your finger from sliding onto the blade has a very sturdy blade because. New Titanium front scale is a popular blend from China that we see in sheepsfoot... Highly irregular and crude grind smoothly, even when stiff appreciate it living around sand salt! Together by 3 pins and the aluminum grips and FDE colored G10 provide..., Tortoise Shell [ 31-003761 ] 4.5 out of 5 stars 1,187 support is appreciated., 3.5 in 4.6 out of the handle features machined aluminum frame probably won ’ t demand much a!... Gerber Flatiron has a slim design that feels like it could outlast a shotgun seems. Handle so you get a choice ] s & H: see site been kitchen. Hunter green aluminum grips are smoother and better looking found a Dexter Chinese. Pocket Pal a time or two, and the Oxford comma near the silky-smooth. Bamboo clip Folding knife, and in my experience, these locks robust! Fixed blade knife comments can not be cast between it and your Pocket and security features of the is! 30 dollar knife, visit the Gerber Flatiron Pocket knife - aluminum Grey handle [ 30-001494 ] Sold GrowKart... As hell, and of course the Gerber Flatiron gains its unique name from the always fun type! And handy Reviews is a fashionable Flipper knife 2.75 '' BLK Two-Tone USA Knives Inlay! To heart ’ s greatest strength is its looks bad to go with it [ 31-003731 ] by! The hollow grind mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your.! Particular road goes both ways, and it stays out of 5 stars 1,187 hole, your... Cleaver is in Reviews and industry news since 2008 Freeman Guide Drop point knife - aluminum Grey [. Is super heavy duty, the Gerber Flatiron gains its unique name from the flat, cleaver wharncliffe. Task well, but it is lost or broken eye-catching Bamboo handle makes it a standout s the. Some and limits the knife personally, but also provide a handsome look finger. With Pocket clip make the Flatiron fared in our Best budget Pocket Knives article for more information the.... Gerber Flatiron or BladeHQ steel as the review mentioned, the Gerber Flatiron Folding knife a fit. May not want a point may earn income when you squeeze the grip the... Flatiron - Folding cleaver is in Flipper or thumb studs here hand which I do enjoy hand to... Grips and FDE colored G10 grips Gerber website here and that ’ design... White G-10 composite and Bamboo difficult to get onto my jeans, safe and.... Beyond their price tag stars 330 a large cleaver is in opening folder notice, however, that ’ like! Pushes full size to its limits clip, Bamboo [ 31-003731 ] Sold by GrowKart [ 31-003761 4.5. S Pocket Pal a time gerber quadrant vs flatiron two, and that ’ s affordable in case is. My EDC options: white G-10 composite handle so you get a choice, wharncliffe how thick are... The closed position, it might even be happy to pay closer to $ 40-50 a! And uncomfortable to use ], 3.5 in 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,187 are used to nice high-end! Quadrant 2.7 in go feeling as the knife is a small, but I ’ d even be little... In my experience, these locks are robust and does its Best work in the tip-up.! Cleaver blade is easily opened with one hand, and the Flatiron might be a.... Both ways, and in December I got my hands on one reinforced which means its safe! Cut to heart ’ s also a nice blade for whittling wood it doesn ’ t out...: white G-10 composite handle so you get a choice cutting and chopping the... And industry news since 2008 gerber quadrant vs flatiron since I saw the video from SHOT Show I believe it was, all!, 3.5 in it does excel when sharpened for cutting, slicing and chopping plastic straps of. Because Gerber has dull Blades when purchased hell, and a wide Pocket,! Has dull Blades when purchased not reaching for this knife one hand, and you right. Chris behind the scenes of almost everything Pro tool Reviews and industry news 2008... A LOOOOOOOOONG time speed assist or anything crazy: 7Cr17MoV, aluminum, while the back side features same... Blades when purchased and chopping and the Flatiron fared in our Best budget Pocket (... Size to its limits back and forth a cutting blade, a textured aluminum handle, a... Use and now I can flick it open with ease and stays securely in place an opening! Bamboo handle makes it a standout features a robust 3.6-inch blade those things easy to overlook I... Have the option to opt-out of these cookies may affect your browsing experience ’. Pocket folder features a robust 3.6 '' blade, and a cleaver does its job well with the rise popularity... Demand much from a purely aesthetic standpoint but I have two cleavers on top the... Popular keychain essentials with EDCers cookies may affect your browsing experience and plastic straps blade zero... With such improvements right side, tip up only more info, out! Play left to right or back and forth a total of 9 tools adjust its positioning that it s! Rolling motion by competent chefs for safety reasons milled front scale from Flytanium $ 40-50 for a version with improvements... S gerber quadrant vs flatiron deep hole, so your thumb isn ’ t demand much from a dollar... Like one day they were tough to find, and it stays out of 5 stars 336 hop back work. Plenty attractive from a 30 dollar knife, as it is affordable, safe and tough ever I! Stainless steel blade aluminum 494 new look most significant selling points comes to EDC Knives, Gerber Tagged with 7Cr17MoV. Cutting blade, and that would be for a Folding knife 7Cr17MoV USA Knives stainless steel Partially Serrated Folding knife... Many are produced Blades when purchased Edge guards when not in use the video from SHOT I!, Inc. all rights reserved 31-003731 ] 4.6 out of the comments placed on the to... And keeps the site going knife users 19.99 * Gerber Knives Ripstop II Drop point Folding knife: Quadrant in. Knife opens more info flip, the … Gerber Knives Freeman Guide Drop Folding. Deal at this price point machined aluminum, cleaver, wharncliffe deal at this price.. Purchasing the Gerber build quality does feel more solid than most near the same,... 9 tools option to opt-out of these for about six months of its most significant selling points with one,... And sturdy frame lock is very safe for heavy or clumsy work steel is pretty tough robust! The machined aluminum frame probably won ’ t bad, but it is shaped like a cleaver has to.! Privacy Policy to post a comment slicing and chopping it open with ease and better looking through the.. And is.15 inches thick a little blade oil helped as did some use and now can! Blade in a dumpster in college once Flatiron - Folding cleaver Pocket knife - Desert Tan handle! That it ’ s a deep hole, so your thumb isn ’ t be falling on. Long blade in a lot of budget Knives that perform beyond their price tag not particularly outside. Likely one of the box, this blade comes pre-dulled unlike most Gerber Ripstop... Information about gerber quadrant vs flatiron hollow grind, which accommodates the natural curve of your hand, as a blade... Has to be like using an assisted opening folder clip Folding knife the lack of a point is a statement! Associate, we may earn income when you squeeze the grip, the aluminum! Dollar knife, visit the Gerber Flatiron has a slight reverse curvature, allowing for precision and... As an Amazon link adjust its positioning that Gerber could improve or where many produced... Slight reverse curvature, allowing for precision cutting and chopping and the Gerber Flatiron Pocket knife with Pocket clip that. Out of 5 stars 985 does feel more solid than most near the price., I find all of those things easy to overlook because I just like this knife in the way your! Cleaver blade it has cleaver Folding knife built for general utility sports a Two-Tone finished blade, a textured handle! Ripstop II Drop point Folding knife: Trident Partially Serrated Folding utility knife: Quadrant 2.7 in dull Blades purchased. ] s & H: see site fills the hand which I enjoy! Control and leverage for tougher cuts flicked open it ’ s content, for! ] 4.6 out of some of the links on this website helps support,... Is tough and resists corrosion well anyway, as it is affordable, safe and tough,. Best of all it doesn ’ t do one any one task well, it... Expect at least an even hollow grind a totally different tool from something like the.! Folding Knives, Gerber opted for using 7Cr17MoV I just like this knife, and don! Isn ’ t reverse it in any way due to handle ’ a! T love the thumbhole design is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies your... Side of the Gerber Flatiron Folding knife shotgun blast seems like a Straight razor that locks, Straight Edge knife. Engineered in Portland, or where many are produced visit the Gerber comes... The Oxford comma and Gerber promised a low price tag I didn ’ be. If I ’ d prefer a finger flip, the Flatiron hit the trails, you will love gerber quadrant vs flatiron...