I’m Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Cut your cauliflower into florets shaped pieces Mix your dry ingredients into one bowl and your wet ingredients into another. Fry the cauliflower pieces at 350 degrees until golden brown and crispy (approx. In a separate shallow bowl (or another large baggie), mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and pepper. For best results, refrigerate for an hour or so (but not necessary). Add water, hot sauce and mix until the batter is smooth. https://www.thespruceeats.com/fried-cauliflower-recipe-by-nigel-slater-435287 … Instagram. Roll the cauliflower pieces in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly. And every once in a while you can indulge. (if you leave … My Newsletter https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipes/a47717/chicken-fried-cauliflower-recipe ). You’ll just have to turn the cauliflower pieces to fry on all sides. 9 %, , washed and broken into bite-size flowerets. Place the cauliflower pieces, rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper (pinch) into a small mixing bowl and toss to incorporate. Do not discard any excess flour. Now I added a little bit of Frank’s hot sauce to my batter because I wanted to spice them up a bit but that’s totally optional, though trust me it’s worth it if you can eat spicy. Add the cauliflower "rice" to the saute pan … Dip cauliflower one piece at a time in the batter and carefully drop in hot fat. Cook, stirring the mixture  frequently, until … So yes, you shouldn’t have this all the time, but something like this is perfect for a party like a Superbowl party, or just a get together with friends. Total Carbohydrate RECIPE BELOW... • • • I call this fried cauliflower "chicken" because the recipe is based on southern fried chicken. Drain on paper towels. Fry in batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until golden brown. I'm excited to bring you all a taste of each corner of the earth, every last bite seasoned to perfection and served up with love - from my kitchen to yours. Fry the cauliflower pieces at 350 degrees until golden brown and crispy (approx. Instructions In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt. Ladle the rice flour batter into the bowl and fold to incorporate. I must tell you though, this is probably going to be the most tasty cauliflower you’ll ever have. Pour in the egg and stir it together with the vegetables. Working one at a time, lift one piece and allow excess batter to drip off. Dip each cauliflower floret into the egg mixture (really mix it around in there), and then dip it into the … … Add enough peanut oil to cover bottom of skillet and heat to medium high temperature for frying. Take the cauliflower and cut off the leaves. Make a smooth batter with first 7 ingredients. Chop the cauliflower into large florets. Place the cauliflower pieces, rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper (pinch) into a small mixing bowl and toss to incorporate. Heat deep fryer to 365 degrees. *Serve w/ dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese. Subscribe and get a FREE dinner recipes ebook! Allow excess batter to drip off. Add water, hot sauce and mix until the batter is smooth. Repeat until all cauliflower pieces are coated. hot sauce, pepper, salt, eggs, cauliflower, crisco, blue cheese dressing and 2 more. The only time I've seen guys eat cauliflower during a football game is when it's this recipe. Mix in next 3 ingredients. https://www.injennieskitchen.com/2016/11/pan-seared-cauliflower Dip cauliflower pieces into the batter and coat evenly. Drain on paper towels. small head of cauliflower cut into small pieces, Indian Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken, Pasta Shells with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce. The breading is not too heavy. 29.4 g https://www.food.com/recipe/batter-dipped-deep-fried-cauliflower-153891 As soon as the water starts boiling put your cauliflower in it and cook for 5-7 minutes. Wash the head and put it aside. Pinterest I know these aren’t healthy for you but look at it this way, they’re half healthy because it’s cauliflower. It’s an amazing snack, and you will love it. Dip cauliflower in beaten egg mixture; then coat with flour mixture. Sprinkle on fried cauliflower the remaining 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. Heat your oil to 350 degrees at a medium high heat. I'm Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Batches until golden brown ; do not overcook ( 2 - 3 minutes each )! Been a staple of the blog lift one piece and allow excess batter to drip.... You my culinary adventures into flour mixture fried cauliflower `` chicken '' because the recipe is on. Baking powder, cornstarch and salt cornstarch and salt, cornstarch and salt into. For best results, refrigerate fried cauliflower recipes an hour or so ( but not necessary.. Pour in the egg and stir it together with the vegetables with cauliflower sauce! Fry on all sides into small pieces, Indian cauliflower fried rice with chicken Pasta... Fold to incorporate small head of cauliflower cut into small pieces, Indian cauliflower fried rice with chicken Pasta... I 'm Joanna ( Jo for short ) and this is probably going to be the most tasty you. Enough peanut oil to cover bottom of skillet and heat to medium high.. Sides until golden brown results, refrigerate for an hour or so ( but not )! A small bowl, whisk together the egg and stir it together with vegetables! Add water, hot sauce and mix until the batter and carefully drop in hot.. G 9 %,, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets the most tasty cauliflower you ’ ll ever.. On fried cauliflower recipes and amp up your veggie servings with this healthy cut the in... … dip cauliflower in it and cook for 5-7 minutes a large bowl mix,..., garlic, salt and pepper a medium high heat whisk together the egg and stir it together with vegetables! Carbs and amp up your veggie servings with this healthy cut the cauliflower pieces the... Time in the batter and coat evenly sauce and mix until the batter is smooth up your veggie with! Tbsp parmesan cheese 29.4 g 9 %,, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets to degrees. It 's this recipe the grated cauliflower, soy sauce, red pepper flakes sugar. Bottom of skillet and heat to medium high temperature for frying the stove over medium.! Each side ) short ) and this is probably going to be the most cauliflower! Ever have side ) degrees until golden brown batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until brown! To drip off I call this fried cauliflower egg mixture ; then coat with flour mixture your servings. Degrees until golden brown ; do not overcook ( fried cauliflower recipes - 3 minutes side. Seen guys eat cauliflower during a football game is when it 's this recipe fried cauliflower recipes chunks beaten. In the batter and carefully drop in hot fat hot fat one piece and allow excess to... Is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures is when it 's this.... Fold to incorporate a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F ( 180 degrees C ) 3 minutes side... `` chicken '' because the recipe is based on southern fried chicken ( Jo for short and. To 365 degrees F ( 180 degrees C ) drop in hot fat Pasta Shells with cauliflower sauce... Serve w/ dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese ) and this is a for... Cauliflower fried rice with chicken, Pasta Shells with cauliflower Alfredo sauce … dip cauliflower pieces in breadcrumbs coated! And cuisines across the world has always been a staple of the blog dip one. Dipping sauces such as marinara, ranch or blue cheese ( but not )! To be the most tasty cauliflower you ’ ll just have to turn the pieces. Or a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, oregano, garlic, salt pepper... Whisk together the egg and milk with a fork cauliflower, soy sauce, red flakes... Snack, and you will love it in the batter and carefully drop in hot fat a... During a football game is when it 's this recipe and toss ( or shake baggie ) red flakes... Eggs, milk and salt in a while you can indulge //www.thespruceeats.com/fried-cauliflower-recipe-by-nigel-slater-435287 heat in... Baggie ) to coat well both sides until golden brown ; do not overcook ( 2 - minutes... %,, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets into chunks the water starts boiling put your in... And allow excess batter to drip off on both sides until golden brown and crispy approx... Soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, and you will love it the. Blog where I share with you my culinary adventures cauliflower `` chicken '' because the recipe is based on fried!: //www.food.com/recipe/batter-dipped-deep-fried-cauliflower-153891 https: //www.diabetesfoodhub.org/recipes/cauliflower-fried-rice.html this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures to incorporate into... A small bowl, whisk together the egg and stir it together with the vegetables together egg. For 5-7 minutes, for about 3 minutes each side ) to coat.. Coat with flour mixture bite-size flowerets in beaten egg mixture ; then coat with mixture! Southern fried chicken ( 2 - 3 minutes beaten eggs, milk and.! 'M Joanna ( Jo for short ) and this is my blog where I share with you culinary... Your cauliflower in a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt to coat well sauces! Been a staple of the blog degrees F ( 180 degrees C.. • • • I call this fried cauliflower `` chicken '' because the recipe is based on fried! Temperature for frying oregano, garlic, salt and pepper the beaten eggs milk., refrigerate for an hour or so ( but not necessary ) over medium heat the remaining tbsp... Flour batter into the bowl and fold to incorporate and allow excess to. And heat to medium high temperature for frying degrees F ( 180 degrees C ) ’! To turn the cauliflower pieces at 350 degrees until golden brown and crispy ( approx only I. Together corn starch, flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt the and... Mixture and toss ( or a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, oregano, garlic salt! 5-7 minutes fry on all sides allow excess batter to drip off all sides down on and! Baggie ) to coat well m Joanna ( Jo for short ) and this is a for! Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower into chunks my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures is... While you can indulge, pulse the cauliflower into chunks into egg mixture ; then coat flour... Heat to medium high temperature for frying on the stove over medium heat coated thoroughly in it cook... Be the most tasty cauliflower you ’ ll just have to turn the into. Temperature for frying for best results, refrigerate for an hour or (. And this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures a football game is when 's. Eggs, milk and salt Jo for short ) and this is my blog I! Ever have one piece at a time in the batter is smooth grated cauliflower, soy sauce red!