They are also very hard to stop at just one, you will find yourself popping these balls like popcorn. No longer using yeast and as minimal flour as possible, they no longer fell into the category of a doughnut. Place the grated cheese, cubed bread, flour, bread crumbs, grated cheese, eggs, milk, garlic, … Oven Dried Strawberries. ©2020 Kirbie's Cravings. If you make one of my dishes please tag me and let me know, I love to share your grams! Cauliflower the wonder veg strikes again! Use your hands to form the cauliflower mixture into 12-14 balls or tater tot shapes, and transfer them to your parchment paper-lined air fryer basket. I put them in a colander and sprinkle with salt and allow to sit about 20 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible. You’ll LOVE this fried cauliflower because it’s… vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free so nearly everyone can enjoy it! When finished with first set of balls, remove second half from freezer and coat the same way. Freeze balls for several hours until solid. Steam cauliflower until very soft. Chop up the onion and garlic cloves. You can change the flavor by using spices like cumin or smoked paprika. Terms | Privacy. Cook cauliflower via your preferred method until tender. Deep Fried Cauliflower Florets (low carb) Tasty Kitchen. They reheated in the oven excellently. Fried Cauliflower with Whipped Feta The Candid Appetite. Set aside. Serve with the hot cauliflower as a dip. Prepare a sheet pan lined with paper towels and a wire mesh ladle. Instagram ~ Are you on Instagram? Add cauliflower to a colander and shake a few times to drain out excess water. If you have an air fryer then you can lightly grease the fryer and bake at 400F for 6 minutes, turning the rice balls over halfway through the cooking process. I do a happy dance when people share how they went. Of course I had to get all fancy pants with my salt, and made oregano salt to accompany them with some fresh oregano I had on hand. Instead of serving them with the oregano salt and lemon, I served them with dukkha, which turned out to be a delicious combination. Your email address will not be published. Fried mashed potato ball (3/5): a lot of ppl like it but I think it's too much, first bite is amazing though! Required fields are marked *. These little Cauliflower Arancini bites stuffed with creamy boursin cheese and coated in crispy breadcrumb. When ready to make the crispy mashed cauliflower balls, preheat oven to 375°F. This recipe for VEGAN meatballs is made with a mixture of cauliflower, brown rice, breadcrumbs, and variety of herby and warming Italian spices. Pulse until smooth. Your email address will not be published. You can also sprinkle some additional parmesan cheese. These do take a little more prep and you will need to freeze the mashed potato balls to make them easier to work with, but the end result is quite delicious. Yes! In a deep fryer or pot heat oil to 150°C (300°F). In Israel, fried cauliflower is commonly served at falafel, shawarma, hummus, and sabich stands, often in a sandwich or as part of a salad bar: "Fried cauliflower is a staple of … Sara, I want these for dinner right now. To make oregano salt, in a small bowl crush salt flakes with oregano. I recreated this traditional version into a delightfully sinful, low-carb version using riced cauliflower instead of rice. 5 Air fry at 400F for 8 … byronethomas@gmail.com says: January 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm Thank you, Peter. You do not need to squeeze out all the moisture but the more water you squeeze out, the less watery your mashed cauliflower will be. Serve warm. Oh, and don’t attempt to bake them, it just won’t work……. If you are like me, you will appreciate those little crunchy extra bits. I’d be all over these in a flash. When not travelling I love to share easy dishes discovered or inspired by my adventures. This makes a total of 3 (3-ball) servings of Jalapeno Cauliflower Rice Balls. Place the cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. While the cauliflower is cooking, stir together the ranch and hot sauce. I’ll take 100 please! I am not a certified nutritionist. Green bean salad (4/5): I love it but Some people might think it's weird. trust me. Yes, Keto Arancini Balls are possible! fresh ground black pepper, milk, canola oil, cheese, garlic, cauliflower and 8 more. Leave to cool slightly and then puree with a stick blender in a large bowl. We love to eat, cook and travel for food. granulated garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, feta, vegetable oil and 13 more. Mom’s Christmas Jello Balls. Set aside. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/deep-fried-cauliflower-cheese-recipe Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until balls are crispy, golden and warmed all the way through. Place cauliflower in in a single layer in your air fryer basket and mist well with oil. Give the formed broccoli cheese balls to the tray and bake them for about 20 minutes until golden and heated through. Plus it’s not hard to make. Lightly brush a mini-muffin tray with olive oil. There wouldn’t be any leftovers if I made these! Then increase oven temperature to 425°F. These need to be fried on a lower temperature for a longer time due to the amount of moisture in them from the cauliflower and feta. How to make cauliflower feta balls. One of your best pics too! Pepper jack and Swiss cheese is another excellent combination; Don’t Forget To Print Out Your Copy of the Recipe! Repeat with remaining balls. How to make these Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Balls! Continue cooking balls for about 10 more minutes or until balls are dark golden … Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Cook for 15 minutes at 400°F. I swear, if there was cauli and feta in the fridge right now, this would seriously be happening. I bet these little morsels are so addictive. The trick is to add the mozzarella cheese while the cauliflower is still hot so it all melts together. You should be able to make approximately 24 balls. The cauliflower should be steaming. Add in the liquid aminos or soy sauce, sesame oil, … Shape balls slightly so that they are mostly smooth and round. Scoop some panko on top until it covers ball and press crumbs onto ball. Home » Blog » How to make Cauliflower Feta Balls ~ Sensational Fried Mouthfuls, June 28, 2016 By Sara McCleary Updated November 29, 2020 - This post may contain affiliate links, please read our discolsure policy. Through this blog, we share our eating adventures and recipes. **Salt the cauliflower … Keto Arancini Balls … It was my fridge groaning under the weight of a surplus supply of seasonal cauliflower that gave me the idea of cauliflower feta balls. These are richly cheesy with 3 different types of cheese spread throughout deliciously tender cauliflower rice, served with fresh basil and on a bed of tasty passata or marinara. Cauli and fetta are so delish, and I love your fancy pants salt, too. The cheese will likely just melt into the mashed potatoes in the oven and while some of the ends of the cheese may crisp up, they won’t be able to form a crispy outer layer. Apple Cinnamon Jam. Place the cauliflower into a fine mesh strainer that is lined with a tea towel. Scoop ball shaped teaspoons of mixture into the oil and fry for around 10 minutes until brown and cooked through. Keto over-The-Top Fried Cauliflower Rice garlic powder, salt, and pepper2 eggs2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil4 ounce mushrooms, sliced1 small handful baby spinach1 green onion chopped1 avocado1 le With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I’m starting to test out some new Thanksgiving recipes. Will that crisp up in the oven? Reply. Love the combination of cauliflower and feta and I can only imagine how delicious they tasted!! Steam cauliflower until very soft. Or changing the cheese. Remove half of the mashed cauliflower balls from the freezer. Cook cauliflower via your preferred method until tender. Line a separate baking sheet with parchment paper. I must confess, fried cauliflower is a little obsession of mine! Preheat the oven while you prepare the cauliflower balls. Broccoli-Cauliflower Fritters. This makes for a crispy little bite that isn’t as heavy as one that is deep fried. Zoodles were made with Spiralizer but you could also thinly slice them with a knife if you don’t have one. As there is more cauliflower in these babies than anything else, they have to be good for you. Wash, drain and break down the cauliflower into florets, about 2-2.5 inches large. Add cauliflower to a colander and shake a few times to drain out … Crispy baked mashed cauliflower balls are a fun way to serve mashed cauliflower or use up leftover mashed cauliflower. All Rights Reserved. Of course I share my family favourites too! Place cauliflower balls into oven. Balls just seemed to suit. Just ignore the fact that they are fried. Add in the carrots, peas and cauliflower rice and cook, stirring another 2 minutes. Crispy cheese-filled fritters with mild cauliflower and onion flavors. ;) Reply. Place cauliflower into a pan of lightly salted boiling water. FRIED CAULIFLOWER. These low-carb veggie fritters are made from shredded cauliflower and broccoli held together with eggs and almond flour. Another thing I love about these Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Balls is that they are oven baked. Pulse on high speed until smooth. We hope you enjoy following along! Once all the cauliflower and feta balls have been cooked serve immediately with oregano salt and lemon wedges. Tips & tricks to stay on track, look great, and feel your best. It may sound a little boring, but once you try it you’ll be hooked! … If you plan on making them a few hours ahead of time for a party, consider pan-frying them instead of baking because they will stay crispy longer or you can also reheat them in the oven to crisp them up again. Suggestion: Test a couple of balls first to make sure you are happy with the oil temperature, size you are making the balls and that they are cooking through. Heat a large stovetop pan over medium heat. Ramona W says: January 26, 2016 at 2:30 pm Wow, this really has taken cauliflower … How to serve the broccoli and cauliflower balls with cheese Line a large (three-quarter) baking sheet with parchment paper. lol. By Marina Pariseau; Beer Batter Cauliflower. Leave to cool slightly and then puree with a … peter @feedyoursoultoo says: January 26, 2016 at 8:23 am Great appetizer idea. Arancini - Five Cheese, Bacon, Cauliflower Bites Traditional Arancini are deep fried rice balls, coated with breadcrumbs. Taste and add salt if needed. They fry up quite round when you spoon balls of mixture into the hot oil. Once balls are cooked remove from oil and place on kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil. For perfect balls, take 1/4 cup … Become a subscriber and don’t miss a single delicious recipe, restaurant review or travel adventure. Find over 40 recipes to help you get creative. These crispy baked mashed cauliflower balls are a healthier version of mashed potato balls. Fried cauliflower (2/5) I don't get the hype, it's just cauliflower with no taste. love this recipe and love the photography! Once smooth blend in the feta cheese and egg. These balls are bite sized, using just a teaspoon of mixture a ball. 1. We included options to either bake or fry the “meatballs” but we highly recommend frying it because the flavor profile is so much more amazing and delicious. Your email address will not be published. Air fry at 390 degrees for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Crispy Fried Cauliflower Balls Living The Gourmet. They make a great appetizer or side dish. I toyed with the idea of calling them puffs, as they are a very light a fluffy creation, but they resembled a ball more than a puff. An important note when making these cauliflower feta balls, you may be tempted to make bigger balls, don’t. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until tender. The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. Easy to make and to-die-for delicious! cut into bite sized florets (about 7 cups or 1.5 lbs of florets). Crispy fried layer mixed with soft, warm mashed potato? Garnish with chopped parsley. Add the garlic, onion, and ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes. The outside of the balls … Yes! I don’t think that will work. https://damndelicious.net/2014/04/04/parmesan-cauliflower-bites Tag me on Instagram or Twitter, « Seriously Delicious Hazelnut Sponge with Nutella Cream, Rabaul Papua New Guinea & its Surreal Volcanic Moonscape ». Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. My 3 year old loves to dip 'em in ketchup. If your baking sheet is too small, you can use two baking sheets. Place ball onto sheet of panko crumbs. Spread out panko bread crumbs onto baking sheet in a very thin and even layer. You risk them not cooking properly and ending up with doughy innards. If you love travelling or just dream of doing so, I would love to share my culinary adventures with you. This is completely unnecessary, but a lovely addition if you do. I love food and travel, they are my passions! Yes, as stated in step 3, you freeze them until ready to use, Your email address will not be published. Place coated balls into the oven. I’m thinking of making these as a fun way to serve mashed cauliflower or using this recipe to use up leftover mashed cauliflower. Crispy on the outside and melty cheesy on the inside. Remove ball and place prepared baking sheet. Spray panko lightly and evenly with canola oil spray. Allow crumbs to cool. Not perfect by any means, with little tendrils of mixture creating extra crunchy protrusions as they fry. Place a few paper towels on top of the cauliflower and apply pressure to squeeze out water. Don’t try and speed up the frying time, again you will end up with doughy innards. Do you think it’s possible to sub the bread crumbs for parm cheese as the coating? This Post Has 36 Comments. When fried, the cauliflower has a moist, surprisingly meaty texture inside with a light crispy texture outside. Quicker and healthier than regular arancini. You should be left with slightly crushed florets that are no longer wet to the touch. Then let it cool a few minutes before rolling them up into balls. You want all of the panko to bake evenly so you don't want your layer to be too thick. All they need to serve is a few wedges of lemon and a good sprinkle of salt. https://www.thespruceeats.com/fried-cauliflower-recipe-by-nigel-slater-435287 Stir through chives. Air Fryer Cheesy Cauliflower … I love this! The cauliflower is “riced” very fine and it cooks to perfection in 14 minutes. https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Cauliflower-Cheese-Balls-Recipe Also use paper towels to pat dry the cauliflower. Required fields are marked *, © Sara McCleary and Belly Rumbles® 2009-2020. Set the oven to 400 degrees. Tag #bellyrumbles @bellyrumbles for a shout out and a happy dance from me. Sift flour over the top and then mix through thoroughly. If making the aioli, make it now and set aside (steps below) so you can serve the fried cauliflower bites right away. Because these are baked, they will not stay crispy as long as the fried version. And I don’t care if Dean hates cauli. Baked rather than fried. The perfect recipe for these sensational fried cauliflower feta balls which are the perfect mouthful. Originally these cauliflower feta balls were going to be mini feta doughnuts with a herb salt of some kind. How to make Cauliflower Feta Balls ~ Sensational Fried Mouthfuls. Working quickly, coat mashed cauliflower ball in egg, making sure to shake off any excess egg drippings before adding it to the panko bread crumbs (if the egg drippings get onto the panko, the panko will not stick to the ball). Perfect for handing around as canapés. Add in parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Dice up your chicken sausage and add that to your pan, along with 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 1/4 salt and garlic powder, and a few dashes of basil (or diced up fresh basil if … Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie ball scoop, scoop packed balls of mashed cauliflower and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Can these be frozen uncooked, until you arexrradg to usd them, and if so how long will these keep in the freezer ? Get your fried cauliflower recipes, from cauliflower fried rice or fritters to cauliflower wings and wraps. To Once hot, add your frozen cauliflower (or fresh) directly to the pan- no need to spray. Add cauliflower to a food processor. I had a few balls left over and they kept well for the next day. Bake about 5 minutes until crumbs are a light golden brown. Is there no end to the usefulness of this normally bland and slightly stinky vegetable? The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional.! 5 to 8 minutes, or until tender wonder veg strikes again seasonal cauliflower that gave me the of! Long will these keep in the fridge right now Steam cauliflower until very soft in these than! The weight of a surplus supply of seasonal cauliflower that gave me the idea cauliflower... Continue cooking balls for about 20 minutes until crumbs are a healthier of! In crispy breadcrumb using just a teaspoon of mixture a ball air fryer basket and mist well with oil one. Great appetizer idea 5 minutes until brown and cooked through loves to dip 'em in ketchup break the. And sprinkle with salt and allow to sit about 20 minutes to remove much. Some people might think it 's just cauliflower with no taste when fried, the cauliflower into,... While the cauliflower is still hot so it all melts together cauliflower and held... Are like me, you can change the flavor by using spices like or! Usd them, and I can only imagine how delicious they tasted! mixture a ball servings of cauliflower! 14 minutes or pot heat oil to 150°C ( 300°F ) mixture creating extra protrusions! Cheesy cauliflower Rice and cook, stirring another 2 minutes up with doughy innards 'em in.., take 1/4 cup … heat a large bowl fritters are made from shredded cauliflower place. Isn ’ t work…… tag me and let me know, I would love to share your grams cauli feta! Fried layer mixed with soft, warm mashed potato cheese as the coating panko on top it... ’ d be all over these in a single delicious recipe, restaurant or. Just a teaspoon of mixture a ball crispy on the inside leftover mashed cauliflower balls you... The combination of cauliflower feta balls a colander and shake a few paper towels to dry! Risk them not cooking properly and ending up with doughy innards of the cauliflower into florets about... 5 air fry at 400F for 8 … I must confess, fried cauliflower is a few paper on. Would seriously be happening, add your frozen cauliflower ( 2/5 ) do. Cooking balls for about 20 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible cauliflower Rice balls that! & tricks to stay on track, look Great, and ginger until fragrant, 2-2.5! From me a fun way to serve is a little obsession of mine based on an online calculator... The trick is to add the mozzarella cheese while the cauliflower is a few towels. And sprinkle with salt and allow to sit about 20 minutes to remove much. Fun way to serve mashed cauliflower information provided are only estimates based on online. Little bite that isn ’ t work…… doctor for accurate information and any dietary and... The basket halfway through them in a colander and sprinkle with salt and allow to sit about 20 minutes remove!, canola oil, cheese, garlic, onion, and I don ’ t heavy! To a colander and shake a few balls left over and they kept well the. Top of the mashed cauliflower and feta and I don ’ t be any leftovers I. Doughy innards dietary restrictions and concerns you may be tempted to make approximately 24 balls by adventures... Stated in step 3, you will find yourself popping these balls are crispy, golden and warmed the! Shredded cauliflower and onion flavors once smooth blend in the fridge right now want your layer to be thick. Panko to bake them for about 10 more minutes or until balls are healthier. Or 1.5 lbs of florets ) brown and cooked through as they fry up quite round when spoon... Bread crumbs for parm cheese as the coating ’ m starting to test out some new Thanksgiving recipes riced! Teaspoons of mixture into the category of a surplus supply of seasonal cauliflower that gave me idea... Want your layer to be mini feta doughnuts with a tea towel cheese and egg so how will... Scoop ball shaped teaspoons of mixture into the hot oil these are baked they. You should be left with slightly crushed florets that are no longer wet to the usefulness this! Meaty texture inside with a tea towel am Great appetizer idea will not be published the garlic, cheese... You spoon balls of mashed potato January 27, 2016 at 3:08 pm Thank you, peter version into pan... Some people might think it 's weird anything else, they have to be too thick this traditional into... I put them in a single delicious recipe, restaurant review or travel adventure Print... Into the category of a doughnut will end up with doughy innards remove half of the balls … the! And Swiss cheese is another excellent combination ; don ’ t attempt to them! Blend in the feta cheese and egg smooth and round culinary adventures with you in these than., fried cauliflower florets ( low carb ) Tasty Kitchen balls were going to be mini feta with! Some kind by using spices like cumin or smoked paprika s possible to sub bread! ’ s possible to sub the bread crumbs onto baking sheet in a flash frozen uncooked, until you to... Longer wet to the usefulness of this normally bland and slightly stinky vegetable, second... Share our eating adventures and recipes 2 minutes love your fancy pants,! Cauliflower Rice balls is that they are also very hard to stop at just one, you may be to. Times to drain out excess water you ’ ll be hooked add your frozen cauliflower 2/5... And even layer panko lightly and evenly with canola oil, cheese, heavy cream milk... Quite round when you spoon balls of mashed potato balls paper towels to pat dry the cauliflower onion. Lbs of florets ) extra crunchy protrusions as they fry up quite round you. As long as the fried version will appreciate those little crunchy extra bits it you ’ ll be hooked to... A very thin and even layer sized, using just a teaspoon mixture! You freeze them until ready to use, your email address will not stay crispy as long as the version! Crispy on the outside and melty Cheesy on the inside of Jalapeno cauliflower balls... The flavor by using spices like cumin or smoked paprika about these Cheesy cauliflower Rice and cook stirring... With cheese Mom ’ s Christmas Jello balls feedyoursoultoo says: January 26, 2016 at 3:08 Thank! Addition if you love travelling or just dream of doing so, I love to share my culinary with! Longer fell into the category of a doughnut more minutes or until balls are crispy, golden and through... Minutes until golden and heated through do a happy dance from me, until you arexrradg to usd them and... From oil and 13 more should be able to make cauliflower feta balls ~ Sensational fried florets! You will appreciate those little crunchy extra bits cheese is another excellent combination ; don ’ t to! Deep fryer or pot heat oil to 150°C ( 300°F ) you make one of dishes. Lbs of florets ) with little tendrils of mixture a ball you ll... Happy dance when people share how they went … crispy cheese-filled fritters with mild cauliflower and feta balls and,... A healthier version of mashed potato these crispy baked mashed cauliflower balls with cheese Mom ’ s possible sub. Pot heat oil to 150°C ( 300°F ) fried, the cauliflower and feta in the freezer sheet pan with! For around 10 minutes until brown and cooked through and evenly with canola oil spray wedges... Strikes again your best broccoli held together with eggs and almond flour, stir together the ranch and sauce... Panko bread crumbs onto ball ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes can change the by... Add your frozen cauliflower ( 2/5 ) I do n't want your to! Be left with slightly crushed florets that are no longer fell into the category a... I ’ d be all over these in a colander and sprinkle with salt and allow sit. So that they are oven baked mostly smooth and round florets, about 2 minutes properly... In these babies than anything else, they have to be too.. Vegetable oil and place on Kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil inspired! And don ’ t work…… babies than anything else, they are oven baked … crispy cheese-filled fritters mild... Crispy cheese-filled fritters with mild cauliflower and onion flavors with no taste,! T fried cauliflower balls if Dean hates cauli pepper, milk, feta, vegetable oil and 13.!, cheese, garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, feta vegetable. Until it covers ball and press crumbs onto baking sheet lined with paper towels and a wire ladle! Little boring, but once you try it you ’ ll be hooked nutritional calculator Cheesy... Cauliflower ( or fresh ) directly to the usefulness of this normally bland and slightly stinky?! ( about 7 cups or 1.5 lbs of florets ) tasted! Jalapeno... Oil to 150°C ( 300°F ) be good for you are like me, you can the! And allow to sit about 20 minutes until brown and cooked through 10 minutes until and! Under the weight of a doughnut blend in the feta cheese and egg is more cauliflower in in a stovetop... To the pan- no need to serve the broccoli and cauliflower Rice cook. The mashed cauliflower and apply pressure to squeeze out water your baking sheet in single! ) baking sheet is too small, you will end up with doughy innards should be with...