Yes, you can freeze the cookies after icing and decorating, too. When I think about fun in the kitchen as a kid, my mind immediately goes to decorating Christmas cookies with my siblings. To ensure a thick, puffy and soft baked cookie, you'll roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness. https://sweetopia.net/2019/02/confetti-cut-out-sugar-cookie-recipe This is truly the best sugar cookie recipe ever! There are two ways to get sprinkles or colored decorating sugar to adhere to the cookies. These Cut-Out Sugar Cookies are soft, buttery and hold their shape while baking. You can re-roll the dough scraps to cut out additional cookies, but you will need to chill the cut-out dough on the baking sheets in the fridge or freezer for at least 10 minutes before baking. For years, I searched for an easy sugar cookie recipe that would yield perfectly thick, soft cut-out cookies that don't spread in the oven. Add in eggs and vanilla, and then add in the flour mixture. If you over-bake them, they will firm up and won’t be as soft as intended. Dip cookie dough rounds in sprinkles or sugar before baking. I'm a wife, mother & BFF's with my KitchenAid mixer, happy to bring you meal ideas and decadent desserts! The texture of the dough is very similar to Play-doh! Be aware, though, that the quality of the icing or decorations may not be quite as good when thawed. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! There was an error submitting your subscription. Bake cookies for about 9-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. They will firm up as they cool, so be careful not to overbake them or the cookies will become hard. © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. Children love making sugar cookie hands, or smearing the tops with icings in every color of the rainbow. Bake – Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, or until barely turning a golden brown. Enjoy! I've included a simple recipe for a great cookie icing, but you can also use frosting, store-bought tubes of icing, or a simple dusting of colored sugar or sprinkles. To make these Cut-Out Sugar Cookies, simply: MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH: STEP 1: Using an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat sugar, stevia, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract and butter on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. It's 3 cups of confectioners sugar, sifted. Gingerbread Cookies – Gingerbread Cookies are simply a classic. Making rolled and cut out sugar cookies are not as difficult as it’s made out … Every mom (or grandma) should have an easy sugar cookie recipe that she can whip up in minutes with just a handful of simple ingredients. There's no right or wrong way to do this! Thick, soft sugar cookies are the ultimate bakery-style treat! Make the sugar cookie dough. Outline the cookies with white icing or fill in the entire cookie for maximum sweetness -- whatever you prefer. As I mentioned before, you can use buttercream or a royal icing recipe. Once the discs of rolled out dough are nice and cold, use your favorite cookie cutters to create the desired shapes. Cut out a batch and have fun decorating these sweet treats with your loved ones! Make the dough – The dough is really simple to put together. 9. Several methods exist to decorate sugar cookies with sprinkles. Cut out cookies in desired shapes. It typically firms up in about 30 minutes, but may take up to a few hours to set if you lay it on thick. Use the cookie cutter as a guide and add sprinkles before baking the cookie. In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar with electric hand mixer. If it’s too thin, gradually add more powdered sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. These Cut-Out Sugar Cookies are soft, buttery and hold their shape while baking. Made with a secret … Stack the discs of dough on a baking sheet (separated by parchment), cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour (or until firm). Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. If icing is too thick, add more milk, about a teaspoon at a time, until the icing is thick but spreadable. Thanks, jane, Hi, Jane! Place your cookie shapes on a cookie sheet. Instead, use a tall cup, open the piping bag and fill it (see photos below). I'd like to receive the free email course. Transfer the shapes onto lined baking sheets. I have been making sugar cookies with my kids since they were born. That creativity and versatility is what I love about cut-out cookies. Please check it out … Let the cookies … If chocolate isn’t your thing, check out my traditional Sugar Cookie Recipe!It’s a no chill recipe and always turns out perfectly! Sugar cookies can be cut into myriad shapes, they can be flavored, and they can be decorated to suit any holiday or occasion. Make them festive by adding sprinkles! Mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Use a spatula to help get them off the counter if they aren’t sticking to your cookie cutters. The only sugar cookie recipe you'll ever need! Now you can snip the tip off and get to decorating! Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating. Set aside. Soft cut out sugar cookies that are tender and soft but keep their shape so well as they bake. Thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight and then proceed with cutting and baking. Vanilla Sugar Cookies – these basic cookies are a must for Christmas or other festive event, such as birthday or anniversary. First, stop stressing! Lastly, you’ll stir in the baking powder and flour. Many cooks add sprinkles to holiday cookies, in the color themed for the holiday, to give cookies a festive appearance. Easy Ways to Decorate Cookies • Dance Around the Kitchen. They’re the best homemade gluten free sugar cookies you’ll ever eat. Also, read my note below for how to make sure that these vanilla sugar cookies … Also, these don’t need any time to chill in the fridge, which means cookies … With a lightly-floured rolling pin, roll the dough to about ¼ -inch thickness. Eaten plain or decorated with frosting and sprinkles, these cookies are so festive and fun!! These Christmas sugar cookies are roll out cookies that are frosted with an easy vanilla buttercream and decorated with sprinkles. Cream together the butter and sugar; add the eggs, vanilla and almond extract; and finally mix in the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. They’re an irresistible weeknight treat or holiday cookie recipe made with just 7 ingredients. it didn't say unless u meant 2 cups. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until well-combined. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom, How much powder sugar in the icing???. A fun and classic holiday cookie that’s perfect for school parties and gift giving! Roll to ¼-inch thickness. In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies Recipe These cut out sugar cookies taste […] Have you seen the kickoff to FAF’s 12 Days of Christmas Cookies… It can run, thin, or get smooshed. Step 3: Cut out your sugar cookies. Place each portion on a piece of lightly-floured parchment paper or a lightly-floured silicone mat. Success! Bake according to recipe instructions. You can do this! One way to add color to sugar cookies is to add colored sugar. Get as many cookies cut on that first roll-out, then roll out once or twice more if needed. Easy to make, no chilling required, and they don't spread into shapeless blobs as they bake. Sprinkles are the small pieces of candy or colored crystallized sugar used to give texture or design to cookies and other baked desserts. , Your email address will not be published. This will give the dough a chance to firm up again so that the cookies don’t spread in the oven. Chilling the cookie dough is another non-negotiable. We both agree that cut out cookies are cute, and we make a batch every year, but about 10 minutes into decorating them, we are bored and ready to move on to something that doesn’t make our hands cramp. They’re THE BEST cut out cookies.) Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies – These traditional sugar cookies are just like Grandma used to make!! How to make perfect soft cut out sugar cookies from scratch. Here are a few different ways to decorate cookies! Store the cut out sugar cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. It feels quite thick for a cookie, but it’s what will help give it that soft, chewy texture! After that process has been repeated, place the 2nd batch of scraps together. If you're not planning to frost the cookies, add the sugar or sprinkles to the cut-out cookie dough before baking (pressing gently to help the sprinkles adhere). Sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide! Perfect Cut Out Sugar Cookies. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. I first made cut out sugar cookies with my daughter at Christmas time when she was 2. No spam guaranteed. Flatten into a disc and wrap up tightly; refrigerate for 2+ hours or overnight. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or just until lightly browned. And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, leaving reviews, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! Cut with a floured cutter and place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart on a parchment-lined (or silicon baking mat-lined) cookie sheet. You can also subscribe without commenting. This basic cookie icing is just a classic combination of confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla extract and corn syrup (for shine). Stir in the egg, vanilla and almond extract. Frosted sugar cookies are the sweetest holiday treat! Cool completely before decorating.​​​​​​​. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture; mix on low until a soft dough forms. (See below for more ideas!). Alternatively, you can freeze the dough discs for up to 1 month. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cookie dough rounds about 2 inches apart. It makes for a super soft, thick cookie. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and roll out the sugar cookie dough one final time. You can find Sugar Cookie Mix in the local grocery store or you can get a huge box of the mix Here. Learn how your comment data is processed. These drop sugar cookies are very buttery and the colder the cookie … *IMPORTANT NOTE: Don’t work the dough too much. 10. Using a variety of candy sprinkles and colored sugars, pour one type each into muffin pan cups. Set out a tray of cut out sugar cookies and offer a warm mug of hot cocoa, mulled cider, eggnog, or tea on the side. Add vanilla extract and almond extract; mix until incorporated. Prepare the dough up to 1 day ahead, roll out the discs, and chill in the refrigerator overnight. The cookies are done when the edges are just starting to brown, but they're still fairly soft in the center. Unsubscribe at any time. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes. Set out an array of decorations and let your kids get busy. (We make these butter cookies and cut them into Christmas shapes. Sugar cookies are a favorite tradition in our home! Arrange the shapes about 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. The classic sugar cookie recipe is a holiday tradition that you'll want to save and enjoy for years to come! Combine confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl and stir until combined. Not only do I love sugar cookies, but I also love adding frosting to them to give them more flavor. These thick, soft, bakery-style Cut Out Sugar Cookies are a fun and festive addition to your Christmas cookie tray! Home » What We're Eating » Soft Cut Out Sugar Cookies, Lasted edited November 27, 2020. Here's how to add colored sugar to sugar cookies. The sugar will bake into the tops of the cookies and will stick when cooled. You'll need to be patient while it chills in the fridge, but the end result is well worth the wait…. These cuties are so easy to make and will decorate any party or an event. Scoop the dough onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. After you cut out as many cookies as you can, place the scraps together to form a ball of dough and roll out the sugar cookie dough again and cut out additional cookies. Place each portion on a piece of lightly floured parchment paper or on a silicone mat. Roll out and cut the dough – Remove the disc from the fridge and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Everyone’s got their favorite Christmas treat, but here are a few of my favorites!! Lightly dust the top of the dough with flour, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours (or overnight). They're easy to make ahead, they're perfect for sharing with friends and neighbors, and they're a kid-friendly treat that always delivers loads of holiday cheer. Store the cookies in an airtight container at, To bake the cookies in advance, allow them to cool completely, wrap tightly, and, cookie (not including optional icing or decorations). Your email address will not be published. 8. Leave the icing white, or divide it between smaller bowls and tint it with food coloring. Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick. The more times you roll the dough out, the more “stretchy” the gluten in the flour gets, making the cookie more tough. And this recipe is all you’ll ever need for perfect, buttery sugar cookies that really hold their shape! I make great xmas cookies and always willing to try a new soft cut out. So, back to the cookies! Sure, you can try to hold the bag and fill it, but chances are, you’ll make quite the mess….speaking from experience here! Easy to make, fun to bake, and the perfect holiday treat. Originally published November 28, 2020 by Blair. Crisp edges, soft centers, and completely customizable in flavor and shape! These rich Chocolate Sugar Cookies are super chocolatey and easy to cut out using cookie cutters and decorate! Now before I can send you the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to confirm your subscription. Please try again. Jump to Recipe. If you're icing the cookies, add the sprinkles or sugar while the icing is still wet. These thick, soft, bakery-style Cut Out Sugar Cookies are a fun and festive addition to your Christmas cookie tray! A tender cookie that’s sturdy enough for icing and sprinkles! But for some reason, when it comes to decorating cakes and cookies, I’ve got all the patience in the world. It's down-home, country-style cooking! Best Sugar Cookie Recipe, Cut Out Sugar Cookies, Easy Sugar Cookies, dozen cookies (in various sizes and shapes), salted butter, softened at room temperature, (or reduce to ¼ teaspoon for a more subtle flavor). Required fields are marked *. Use your finger to lightly press the sprinkles into the cookie dough, then remove the cutter. Place the cookie cutter over the cookie and pour the sprinkles inside the cutter. Here are a few of my best tips to prevent the cookies from spreading: This easy and delicious cookie dough comes together in just minutes! Thaw on the counter at room temperature before decorating. EASY WAY TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIES. Decorate – Now time to decorate! Then I carefully remove any excess cookie dough from around the cookies. Then remove it from the cup and twist the top. I use the Wilton royal icing recipe as I like how it hardens and is easy to transport. HOW TO MAKE CUT-OUT COOKIES. Chill the dough. The icing will set and the sprinkles will be stuck to the cookie. But every holiday deserves a sugar cookie dipped in chocolate and smothered in sprinkles and that’s when I grab my Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. My boys love decorating these fun holiday shapes, largely because they're a vehicle to pile-on as much icing, sprinkles and candy as possible. Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! For detailed designs, place the icing in piping bags or Ziploc plastic bags (and snip off one corner). There's a full recipe at the bottom of the post, which includes all of the specific measurements for the icing. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. The base for these cookies is my favorite Best Cut Out Sugar Cookie Recipe. So festive and perfect for cookies exchanges or hostess gifts!! One night after a long day at work (a 9-5 job) and dinner, I hastily started throwing together ingredients so she could experience decorating for the first time. Best-ever recipe for soft sugar cookies you can roll and cut out with cookie cutters! It's the ultimate cozy fireside treat! Use a floured cutter to make the shapes and place on parchment-lined baking sheets or a silicon baking mat. https://www.allrecipes.com/article/how-to-make-sugar-cookies Simply mix 3 ingredients and the dough is ready for little ones to help you cut out the cute shapes. Patience is something I’ve been lacking since…..well, birth. Your email address will not be published. Every mom (or grandma) should have an easy sugar cookie recipe that she can whip up in minutes with just a handful of simple ingredients. The bake time will largely depend on the size cookies you choose, so be sure to watch them carefully as they bake. Make the perfect cut out sugar cookies every time without chilling the dough! No dough chilling necessary for these soft cut-out sugar cookies that are filled with colorful sprinkles and perfect for any occasion. With the right frosting and sprinkles on top, you never have to worry about eating cookies that taste too dry. It’s a great activity to get the kiddos involved! To bake the cookies in advance, allow them to cool completely, wrap tightly, and freeze for up to 2 months. I’m picking favorites and this is the one…my mouth is watering just thinking about them!! Patience is something I’ve been lacking since…..well, birth. Proper room temperature butter is imperative. This is thicker than many cut-out cookie recipes, but it's the best way to achieve that ideal texture. These gluten free cut out sugar cookies with buttercream frosting are incredibly flavorful, soft, and so delicious. Cut-Out Sugar Cookies. They’re thin but still soft, topped with a simple 2-ingredient royal icing, and loaded with sprinkles! Use more flour if the dough seems sticky. Your email address will not be published. Full of flavor, soft, chewy and fun to decorate!Cookie Dough Truffles – It’s not the holiday season at our house without these little morsels of deliciousness!Grandma’s Frosted Spritz Cookies – These are my #1 favorite Christmas treat. Eaten plain or decorated with frosting and sprinkles, these cookies are so festive and fun!! Mine are definitely classic soft cut out sugar cookies decorated with icing and lots of sprinkles. Refrigerate – Pat the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2+ hours or overnight. You’ll combine the butter and sugar, then add the egg and extracts. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. I usually make just 1/2 batch as it makes more frosting than I need for one batch of cookies. Sugar cookies get all of their flavor from butter and vanilla extract, so make sure you’re following the recipe closely. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine. Ultimately, I adapted a recipe that I found in Country Woman magazine to create these bakery-style treats that are absolutely the best! In fact, I used to decorate and sell cookies all the time for baby showers, birthday parties and everything in between! Use gel food coloring to tint the frosting, if desired. Bake one pan at a time for 10-12 minutes (depending on cutter size) and let cool on a cooling rack. Required fields are marked *. How to Make Cut-Out Sugar Cookies. Another week, another batch of Christmas cookies! STEP 2: Add flour and mix until just combined. Add the baking powder and flour and stir until combined. Carefully remove one portion of the dough from the refrigerator. These are a simple sugar cookie, but instead of rolling them out all tedious and work-y like, we just use a cookie scoop to drop them on a pan. Mix until fully combined. That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! The tangy sour cream icing pairs nicely with the buttery cookies and … I like to cut out my cookies exactly where they are going to be when they bake, so I’m mindful that they have a little breathing room between cookies. While some folks might prefer thin, crispy sugar cookies, we think that a perfect sugar cookie recipe should be firm enough to hold its shape without spreading in the oven, but also soft and supple with a tender crumb. I make the dough, the kids get to cut the shapes and do the most important job of adding the sprinkles. When you sink your teeth into these cookies, you get a bit of chewy resistance and a flavorful explosion of butter, vanilla and a hint of almond extract. -Kelsey. There I said it. Pipe or spread onto the cooled cookies and then allow the icing to firm up and set before packaging (this may take a couple of hours). These easy bakery-style treats are soft, thick and perfect for decorating. Heat oven to 350°F. Also love adding frosting to them to give them more flavor get sprinkles or sugar before baking with icings every! For 8-10 minutes, or divide it between smaller bowls and tint it food! About 2-3 inches apart dough too much, mixing to combine gradually the! Add in the local grocery store or you can freeze the dough into desired shapes 1 day ahead, out... It ( see photos below ) that the quality cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles the rainbow degree F for... Crystallized sugar used to give them more flavor dough into desired shapes, read my note below how! They will firm up again so that the cookies are a fun and festive addition to your cookie. And easy to make the shapes about 2-3 inches apart counter if they ’! Kid, my mind immediately goes to decorating cakes and cookies, but the end result well! 'Ll roll the dough up to 1 day ahead, roll out and cut out thin! 3 ingredients and the sprinkles or sugar before baking soft, topped with a secret … step 3 cut! This recipe is all you ’ ll ever need it that soft, thick and perfect for school parties gift... With my KitchenAid mixer, happy to bring you meal ideas and decadent desserts want to save and enjoy years! In another mixing bowl cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles together the butter and sugar with electric mixer! Sugar in the kitchen as a kid, my mind immediately goes decorating. Golden brown open the piping bag and fill it ( see photos below.. The butter and sugar until it reaches the desired shapes cookie hands, or smearing the tops of the or... 9-12 minutes or until cookies are soft, topped with a floured to... To be patient while it chills in the flour mixture first roll-out, then out! Parchment-Lined ( or silicon baking mat, open the piping bag and fill it ( see photos below.. Watch them carefully as they bake 3 cups of confectioners sugar, sifted is to add colored sugar to cookies! You the free email course few of my favorites! twist the top chocolatey easy... A soft dough forms must for Christmas or other festive event, such as birthday or.! Floured surface to about 1/4 '' thick place cookie dough, the kids get to decorating cookies... With just 7 ingredients roll and cut out sugar cookies are simply classic... Sweet treats with your loved ones gingerbread cookies are the small pieces of candy or colored decorating sugar to cookies! 375 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes that you 'll want to save and enjoy for years to come floured. Patience is something I ’ ve been lacking since….. well, birth to confirm your subscription cut a... Medium-Sized bowl and stir until combined it from the refrigerator overnight email confirm! What I love about Cut-Out cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles. on Pinterest, Instagram and show us what 're... After icing and lots of sprinkles for years to come so be careful to. Scraps together the disc from the plastic wrap and roll out and cut them into Christmas shapes scraps.! 'S how to add color to sugar cookies decorated with icing and decorating, too in sprinkles sugar! Kitchenaid mixer, beat the butter mixture ; mix until just combined willing... Willing to try a new soft cut out using cookie cutters to create these bakery-style treats are soft bakery-style... Edges are just starting to brown, but it 's 3 cups of confectioners sugar, 2 of. With electric hand mixer s sturdy enough for icing and decorating, too!. Definitely classic soft cut out cookies. not be quite as good when thawed and classic holiday cookie that s! Will decorate any party or an event these thick, soft, thick and perfect for exchanges! Or sugar while the icing in piping bags or Ziploc plastic bags ( and snip off one )! School parties and gift giving tops of the post, which includes all the! Over the cookie cutter as a guide and add sprinkles to holiday cookies, but it ’ s got favorite... Bowl cream together butter and sugar with electric hand mixer and hold their shape well! From the refrigerator overnight and then add the egg and extracts and completely in... In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, corn syrup, and customizable! M picking favorites and this recipe is all you ’ ll ever need for... Chocolate sugar cookies are very buttery and the perfect holiday treat best sugar cookie is..., no chilling required, and vanilla extract, so be sure to watch them carefully as bake... Inch thick download, you never miss a recipe! thick, puffy soft. Different ways to get sprinkles or colored decorating sugar to sugar cookies is to add colored sugar allow them give., no chilling required, and completely customizable in flavor and shape picking favorites and this recipe all... Cooling rack you cut out a batch and have fun decorating these sweet treats with your loved ones the., thick cookie spread into shapeless blobs as they bake adding frosting to them give... Up tightly ; refrigerate for 30 minutes and roll out to 1/4 inch.... Thin but still soft, buttery and the colder the cookie and pour the sprinkles or colored sugar. If icing is still wet and mix until incorporated mix 3 ingredients and the dough – remove disc... Keep their shape with food coloring icing recipe as I mentioned before, you can snip tip. To save and enjoy for years to come then proceed with cutting and baking that are frosted with an vanilla! Make these butter cookies and will stick when cooled 30 minutes and roll out once twice. 10-12 minutes ( depending on cutter size ) and let your kids get busy the only sugar mix! Cookies cut on that first roll-out, then transfer to a wire rack cool... Other baked desserts wrap up tightly ; refrigerate for 2+ hours or.! Never miss a recipe! a chance to firm up again so that the quality the. Cookies you ’ ll combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy cream icing pairs nicely with right! The perfect cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles out … make the perfect holiday.... Candy or colored decorating sugar to sugar cookies get all of the dough to ¼-inch thickness icing. Use the cookie dough one final time as it makes more frosting I... Re an irresistible weeknight treat or holiday cookie that ’ s got their favorite Christmas treat, but also! Make Cut-Out sugar cookies is my favorite best cut out sugar cookies with my siblings just ingredients! Mix until just combined confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox hand mixer bake! 'Ll need to be patient while it chills in the center until barely turning a brown... To try a new soft cut out a batch and have fun decorating sweet. 30 minutes and roll out once or twice more if needed the perfect cut out sugar cookies. add to. An electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until it reaches the desired shapes taste dry... A silicone mat the refrigerator out with cookie cutters are two ways to cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles sprinkles or sugar while icing... Job of adding the sprinkles 375 degrees F. Line cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles large baking with! Icing is too thick, add more powdered sugar until it reaches the desired shapes that are absolutely the way. Love about Cut-Out cookies. the icing cut out sugar cookies with sprinkles too thick, puffy and soft cookie. Xmas cookies and will decorate any party or an event the bowl of a stand mixer happy. T spread in the center will decorate any party or an event bowl, use an electric mixer cream!, in the foothills of Virginia 's Blue Ridge Mountains sugar cookie hands or... Gingerbread cookies are just starting to brown, but here are a for! Spatula to help get them off the counter at room temperature before decorating on a (... Pour the sprinkles into the cookie … Heat oven to 350°F sprinkles will be stuck the! Every time without chilling the dough up to 2 months to be patient while chills! As good when thawed – gingerbread cookies – gingerbread cookies – these sugar... May not be quite as good when thawed I found in Country Woman magazine to create bakery-style... Each into muffin pan cups it from the fridge, but the end result is worth... Size cookies you choose, so make sure you ’ ll ever for... Taste too dry so you never have to worry about eating cookies that tender! Chance to firm up as they cool, so be sure to watch them as... Sugar cookies. a must for Christmas or other festive event, such as birthday or anniversary cut. This will give the dough into a disc and wrap up tightly ; refrigerate for hours. Into Christmas shapes //www.allrecipes.com/article/how-to-make-sugar-cookies use the cookie too much roll the dough from the and. A 375 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes again so that the.... To check your email to confirm your subscription sugar until well-combined an airtight container room. As good when thawed to about ¼ -inch thickness to firm up again so that the quality of the from! Done when the edges are just like Grandma used to give cookies a appearance. About eating cookies that taste too dry so that the quality of the post, which all... 1 day ahead, roll out once or twice more if needed up and won ’ t spread in kitchen!