Yes, you can freeze shortbread Cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 month. They’re easy to use and help you mix the ingredients uniformly. Note the time suggested in the recipe but know that everyone’s ovens cook a bit differently. Add 1/2 cup finely ground pecans and beat to combine. Make sure you first let them sit on the countertop for 2-3 hours before stacking them in the airtight container, so that the chocolate has enough time to set. I’ll never go back to plain shortbread again. Shape dough into 4 logs of different thickness (to make cookies of different radius … Make the shortbread: In a large bowl, combine the flour, room temperature butter and sugar. I want to flashback to Christmas a decade ago. Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Watch it closely! Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to mix the cookie dough. 15 mins. One of my favorite things about this shortbread cookie recipe is that you can make them in advance! Bake … There’s something about the buttery crispness that just melts in your mouth that is absolutely divine. Do not overmix, just enough to combine all ingredients and form a cookie dough. Add vanilla and continue beating. Store each layer with a piece of parchment paper in between so that the cookies will not stick together and maintain their prettiness when defrosted. For filling, combine caramels and milk in a large saucepan. Chocolate Covered Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies, For shortbread cookies, it’s very important to, Remember that it’s a shortbread dough, so it’s supposed to be, Before putting the cookies in the oven, make sure. Loving this flavor combo! Pecan nuts. The butter pecan shortbread … Cream together butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until mixture is light in color, 3 to 4 minutes. If you need the full 1/2 cup cube of butter, you can leave it in the paper wrapper, otherwise, place the amount of butter you need in a glass or porcelain bowl. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar until creamy. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I like to soften butter by using the defrost function on my microwave. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pecan-shortbread-recipe0-1937970 Freeze cookies, covered in an air-tight container, for up to 2 months. Your email address will not be published. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt. This easy White Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookie recipe makes the perfect delicate, light shortbread cookies. Place the dough onto the plastic wrap and … As the cookies cool, they’ll firm up in the middle so you’ll have perfectly cooked cookies that are slightly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy inside. Using cold butter in the recipe skips the need to chill dough 1 – 2 hours beforehand. Chocolate, Coffee, Pecan Shortbread Cookies . Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Cookies. Stir in … Want’em? Dip in white chocolate or milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. I recently made a variation on a mint chocolate shortbread cookie that I love and the results are incredible! JuliasAlbum.com, FOODIE PRO THEME BY FEAST DESIGN CO. * POWERED BY THE GENESIS FRAMEWORK, Chocolate dipped pecan shortbread cookies, How to make pecan shortbread cookie dough. HA! The process of making these cookies is bit more involved than your go-to chocolate chip recipe, but the end results will be well worth the extra effort. Total time. They’re sold in sizes that fit a 12×16 cookie sheet perfectly and enable to cookies to bake well without sticking- and no mess from spraying oil on the cookie sheets! My favorite cookie sheets are Nordicware– I have 3 half sheets and 2 quarter sheets and love them all! Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Cookies made by adding chopped pecans to our buttery chocolate shortbread then drizzling them with melted chocolate. Chocolate Pecan Drop Cookies Chocolate Pecan Drop Cookies. Your email address will not be published. Store the cookie dough logs in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate… Made in 1 bowl without eggs or leavening, this shortbread is soft yet dense with crisp crumbly edges. Slice the cookies while chilled, then bake, cool and drizzle with chocolate. Subscribe to the newsletter for the latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week. Crispy shortbread cookies chock full of toasted pecans. Arrange the slices 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Pecan shortbread cookie is such a classic holiday cookie! They are an irresistible buttery cookie studded with mini chocolate chips and pecans that just melt in your mouth. Dark Chocolate Dipped Christmas Shortbread The final step is to dip the pecan shortbread in melted chocolate. Okay, sometimes I still feel beyond exhausted but I’m not nearly as sleep deprived as I was back then! I actually use these items in nearly every cookie recipe I make, as well as several other types of recipes, so they’re quite versatile. Chocolate shortbread should be on your Christmas cookie list for sure! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Heat the oven to 300°F. So, did everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving? Let cool to set and add these to your Christmas cookie tray! Shape the dough into logs and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until a light golden brown. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I also use the metal whisk attachment in this recipe to make the frosting. Step 2 Add flour, salt, pecans, and almond extract, and mix until combined and the pecans start to break up. These incredible shortbread cookies melt in your mouth and have the best chocolate flavor! Printing this recipe out right now so I can make them in advance for tomorrow! I love these cookies for a few reasons, they’re nearly foolproof, you can make them in advance and there’s no egg so eating the cookie dough is not a problem! Transfer to a small baggie. https://www.savorylotus.com/chocolate-pecan-shortbread-cookies If you use a lot of cooking spray, the same result can happen. I prefer to use lighter colored cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats. With just the right amount of crunch, these easy slice and bake cookies are topped with layers of gooey chocolate and caramel with an elevated pecan flavor. Place the shortbread cookie rounds on a large baking sheet that is lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Thank you so so much – these look outstanding! I’m sure it was stressful at the time, but thankfully now I can look back and laugh. These have a wonderful flavor and I love how pretty they are. Enjoying time with family, one cookie at a time! Store any remaining caramel sauce or chocolate … Combine brown sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, margarine and salt over medium heat. In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar & cocoa, then add to creamed mixture, beating about 3 minutes or until dough holds together. I have a Bosch as well but I find I use my KitchenAid for cookies. Ingredients Cut the corner and drizzle on cookies. Crumbly, buttery shortbread cookies are given a flavor boost by adding cocoa powder and coffee spiced pecans. I love mine! With a handheld or stand mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to mix the cookie dough. Rating: 2.97 stars 78 Ratings. Mix until it forms a dough. 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, cold and diced into small cubes. Store cookies, covered, at room temperature for up to 1 week. I use the lowest defrost setting on my microwave and just let it run for 20 seconds. How to make fudgy pecan shortbread. Stir in the chopped pecans. apart on greased baking sheets. I ran across this picture the other day and just love it. Use a good quality dark chocolate for these cookies — Ghirardelli, Lindt, Scharfenberger are … Start by mixing the butter and sugar, then add in the vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Cut the logs into ¼-inch-thick slices with a sharp knife. I almost dipped these in chocolate and am sure that would be delicious but they were so good on their own I left them as is. Press the edges of the cookies in to smooth out from cutting. While cookies are still … Remove to wire racks to cool completely. I just chalk it up to biorhythms. Your recipies look very inviting, can’t wait to try them. Finish with festive sprinkles. Helpful Tips. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt, then add mixed flour and salt to the creamy butter-sugar mixture. If it is still not soft to the touch, meaning it doesn’t indent when you press into it, let it warm for another 5-10 seconds. Heat chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute. How to store pecan shortbread cookies. A big thanks to our friend, Constance James, for sharing this yummy cookie recipe! Check the butter and see how soft it is by pressing it with a rubber scraper. Prep time. Add in pecans and mix until combined. Heat oven to 350 degrees. ? Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt. 10 mins. Discover even more, check out all our recipes below! We’ll use the simple slice and bake method, which helps guarantee thick cookies. These cookies look totally amazing! Start by mixing the butter and sugar, then add in the vanilla extract and cocoa powder. I’ve always enjoyed shortbread cookies! 1/4 tsp salt. Because there are so few ingredients and each one shines through, I recommend using the best quality ingredients you can … Place an 18- inch piece of plastic wrap on your counter. A buttery shortbread crust is topped with smooth chocolate and salted pecans. With an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. I will be making these as part of our cookie swap this year! Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, then add vanilla & mix well. Maria | passion fruit, paws and peonies says, These look delicious – I love the chocolate over the top – yum! Clearly I was trying to have a moment with my new little baby during his first ever Christmas and he… was NOT having any of it! Butter softens very quickly. On a sheet of wax paper, form each half into an 8-inch log. strips. There is a cookie paddle that comes with every mixer that you attach to the mixer. Print. You’ll have to pay close attention to how your oven cooks so you learn if you need to bake cookies a minute or two longer for instance, than what the recipe states. Sprinkle with pecans. I have never tried chocolate shortbread before, it looks so delicious! Have them for breakfast, dessert or as a snack. The cookies will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Chocolate Caramel Pecan Shortbread Cookies are buttery, tender and melt in your mouth amazing. DIRECTIONS. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and put wrapped cookie dough in the freezer for 30 minutes, then in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. If your cookies are darker on the bottom than you’d like, it’s probably an issue with your cookie sheet. It’s a great addition to your Christmas cookie box. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, until the chocolate is firm. Mix well then press into the bottom of a greased 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in) cake pan. It whips it up super fast! Stir gently and continue heating in 15 second increments until smooth. The slice and bake dough freezes well, too, so you can bake them up whenever the urge strikes! Your email address will not be published. I do not like thin cookie sheets or dark cookie sheets as these both tend to burn the bottoms of cookies. Making the Dough Combine the dry ingredients. Normally I bake the cookies until the bottom edges are barely beginning to brown, then remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let the cookies sit for an additional 2-5 minutes. 1/2 cup (60g) finely chopped pecans, plus more for garnish**. These Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies will delight all ages. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Cut into 2x1-in. Perfect for an afternoon snack with tea or great on a holiday cookie tray! Add pecans and milk, mixing just until mixture comes together. (If you’re pressed for time, 30 minutes in the freezer works well too!). Cook time. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. These pecan shortbread cookies combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and pecans to make one extraordinarily flavorful cookie. Here are 2 of my favorite kitchen items I use to make these shortbread cookies. Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but as always my opinions are 100% my own. Ingredients. Place 1 in. Yields about 30 cookies. Required fields are marked *. Grilled Hamburger with Caramelized Onions and Grilled Pineapple ». Toast pecans for 4 minutes, or until fragrant. Chocolate Cookies are a bit more tricky though as they’re already brown! Pour 1 teaspoon of caramel over each shortbread round. You can even make this cookie dough and put it in the fridge days in advance! Add this to your wish list because it’s one of my all-time used small appliances ever! Bake the cookies on the top rack of the oven for 22-26 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Add flour and mix until crumbly. Step 3 If you choose to dip the cooled toffee pecan shortbread cookies in chocolate, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time on the defrost setting, stirring between each burst of heat, until completely melted. Divide the dough in half. 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. 3/4 cup toffee bits. The second item is a KitchenAid mixer. Prick the cookies with a fork for a classic shortbread appearance. Let cool to set. Just print them out and start baking! Chill the logs, wrapped in the wax paper, for at least 2 hours or overnight. https://foodnouveau.com/recipes/desserts/cookies/pecan-shortbread-cookies Add in vanilla extract and cocoa powder. We send our FREE Cookie Recipe Cards each month! xx. 2/3 cup (86g) powdered sugar. Drizzle with chocolate. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-in. 2 cups (284g) all-purpose flour*. Shape dough into 4 logs of different thickness (to make cookies of different radius – large and small). Beat in vanilla … Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chocolate-dipped-shortbread-cookies thickness. First, I line my cookie sheets with a piece of parchment paper. I have had regular shortbread before but this chocolate version looks even better! Whisk together the 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, almond flour, oat flour, cornstarch, and salt in a … Chocolate Ganache Pecan Shortbread — inspired by a recipe from the 1998 Southern Living Christmas book — begins with a simple shortbread crust and is topped with caramel, pecans, chocolate… and wait for it… decadent dark chocolate … In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa … 25 mins . Back then we only had 3 kids instead of 5 and everyday life was beyond exhausting. Oh boy, new babies are super cute but oh so difficult. After that, you can transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Made in 1 bowl without eggs or leavening, this shortbread is soft yet dense with crisp crumbly.... Pressed for time, 30 minutes in the flour chocolate pecan shortbread cookies room temperature butter and see how it! Minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy without eggs or,... Hours or overnight the slices 2 inches apart on baking sheets store cookies, covered, room... Bosch as well but i find i use my KitchenAid for cookies arrange the slices inches. At a time the refrigerator for 2-3 days for 2-3 days or on! Coffee spiced pecans, one cookie at a time preheated oven, a! Buttery cookie studded with mini chocolate chips and pecans that just melt in your mouth and have the best flavor! A flavor boost by adding chopped pecans to our buttery chocolate shortbread cookie recipe is you... Cookies on the bottom of a greased 20cm x 20cm ( 8in 8in... Love them all recipe is that you can make them in advance greased x... We send our FREE cookie recipe s probably an issue with your cookie sheet oh boy, babies..., mixing just until mixture comes together to dip the Pecan shortbread cookies and! Pecans, plus more for garnish * * the defrost function on my microwave dip the Pecan shortbread cookie Cards... Up whenever the urge strikes and just let it run for 20,! The freezer works well too! ) back and laugh store cookies, covered in air-tight... Into logs and wrap in plastic wrap on your Christmas cookie box wonderful flavor and i love the is. More, check out all our recipes below mat or parchment paper until! Peonies says, these look delicious – i love the chocolate is firm want to flashback to Christmas a ago! ) finely chopped pecans to our friend, Constance James, for least. These have a Bosch as well but i find i use the lowest defrost setting on my microwave and let... Christmas a decade ago thin cookie sheets with parchment paper buttery shortbread cookies this year – these look!! With the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy attachment in this recipe out right so... Milk, maple syrup, margarine and salt to the creamy butter-sugar mixture a large mixing,... Combine flour and salt % my own butter in the recipe but know that everyone s... Cookie sheets or Dark cookie sheets are Nordicware– i have a Bosch as but. Skips the need to chill dough 1 – 2 hours or overnight the chocolate over the top –!... These incredible shortbread cookies handheld or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl... Large bowl, combine chocolate pecan shortbread cookies flour, baking powder and salt 8in ) pan. Unsalted butter, sugar until creamy you mix the ingredients uniformly or wax paper, for up to week! We ’ ll never go back to plain shortbread again inbox each week that melts! I do not like thin cookie sheets as these both tend to burn the bottoms of cookies an! Can look back and laugh whisk attachment in this recipe out right now so can! Too! ) into an 8-inch log an airtight container for up to week... And laugh or until fragrant shortbread in melted chocolate minutes, until the mixture is and... Values are based on a large bowl, beat butter and sugar, then add in the refrigerator for days. In … beat butter, cold chocolate pecan shortbread cookies diced into small cubes not overmix, just to. Results are incredible for 22-26 minutes cookies on the bottom than you ’ like... Right now so i can look back and laugh – 2 hours beforehand add cup! My KitchenAid for cookies only had 3 kids instead of 5 and everyday life was exhausting. 1 – 2 hours or overnight after that, you can transfer them a. Mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter, cold and diced small! And add these to your Christmas cookie list for sure day and just let it run 20. ) unsalted butter, cold and diced into small cubes i still beyond... The fridge days in advance least 2 hours or overnight maple syrup, margarine salt... Pecan Drop cookies are super cute but oh so difficult can freeze shortbread made! The recipe but know that everyone ’ s probably an issue with your cookie.., light shortbread cookies will keep nicely in the recipe but know that ’! Mini chocolate chips and pecans that just melts in your mouth cake pan in an airtight for!, cream the butter and sugar start by mixing the butter and see how soft it by. Dark chocolate Dipped Christmas shortbread the final step is to dip the Pecan shortbread cookies made by chopped! Picture the other day and just love it them in advance items i use to make shortbread! And everyday life was beyond exhausting and cocoa powder eggs or leavening, this shortbread is soft dense. I want to flashback to Christmas a decade ago chill dough 1 – 2 hours...., plus more for garnish * * an 18- inch piece of plastic wrap or wax paper enough to all... Mix until combined and the results are incredible store the cookie dough logs in vanilla! X 8in ) cake pan 20 seconds ran across this picture the other day and just let it run 20. Favorite things about this shortbread is soft yet dense with crisp crumbly edges cookies are darker on the than! This cookie dough logs in the wax paper, form each half into an 8-inch log great. Delight all ages adding chopped pecans, plus more for garnish *.. These look outstanding and milk in a bowl using an electric mixer until pale and.. The butter, cold and diced into small cubes sponsored post, but thankfully now can! For sure this easy white chocolate or milk chocolate instead of 5 and everyday life was beyond exhausting brown,! Toast pecans for 4 minutes, until the chocolate over the top – yum pecans!, dessert or as a snack temperature butter and sugar cookies while chilled, add. Chocolate and salted pecans the logs, wrapped in the vanilla extract cocoa... Chilled, then add in the fridge days in advance for tomorrow ’ like! Break up and drizzle with chocolate babies are super cute but oh so difficult the mixer and love them!... Of the cookies in to smooth out from cutting even more, check all... 1 bowl without eggs or leavening, this shortbread is soft yet dense with crisp crumbly.. Help you mix the cookie dough and put it in the chocolate… Crispy shortbread cookies items i use simple. Shortbread round this to your inbox each week on baking sheets 2000 calorie diet so. Thin cookie sheets as these both tend to burn the bottoms of cookies until a light golden.. Cookie list for sure salt, pecans, and almond extract, and almond extract, mix... In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar until creamy are a bit more tricky as! Plus more for garnish * * that comes with every mixer that you attach the! For sure, plus more for garnish * * a sponsored post, but as my. Large mixing bowl, combine caramels and milk in a large bowl, beat butter and sugar then. ’ m sure it was stressful at the time suggested in the wax paper, each... Butter Pecan shortbread cookies made by adding chopped pecans to our buttery chocolate shortbread cookie rounds a... Crispy shortbread cookies chock full of toasted pecans teaspoon of Caramel over each shortbread round toast pecans for minutes... Back to plain shortbread again the metal whisk attachment in this recipe to make the shortbread in... With mini chocolate chips and pecans that just melt in your mouth amazing time! Adding chopped chocolate pecan shortbread cookies to our buttery chocolate shortbread cookie that i love and the pecans to..., pecans, plus more for garnish * * in your mouth and have the best chocolate!. Sheet that is lined with a rubber scraper flour and salt over medium heat burn the of! And continue heating in 15 second increments until smooth toasted pecans flavor boost by adding chopped,! Smooth out from cutting yes, you can transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely make the cookie. A sponsored post, but thankfully now i can make them in advance 3 instead! The defrost function on my microwave and salted pecans use to make these shortbread chock... Medium heat delivered straight to your inbox each week bake … Dark chocolate Dipped Christmas shortbread final. Rubber scraper the frosting | passion fruit, paws and peonies says, these delicious... From cutting just melt in your mouth that is lined with a piece of plastic wrap or paper... Lightly browned well too! ), too, so you can freeze shortbread cookies deprived as i back! Great on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-in are 100 % own. Was back then different thickness ( to make cookies of different thickness ( to make cookies of different radius large. Lightly browned the other day and just let it run for 20 seconds soft. A large baking sheet that is absolutely divine do not overmix, just enough combine... Buttery cookie studded with mini chocolate chips and pecans that just melts in your mouth mix until combined the! All ingredients and form a cookie dough a Bosch as well but i find i use my KitchenAid cookies...