Cantonese Steamed Fish Recipe Instructions. The chicken is done when the meat is white and firm to the touch. This authentic Cantonese seafood recipe is built for activating original food taste. Anyway, Lo Mai Gai is Cantonese pronounce. Enjoy juicy, tender chicken and butter-soft potatoes soaked in a thick and tasty umami gravy over steamed … Pour oil into pot. Shredded ginger, minced garlic, soaked fermented soy bean, chopped it. Different from normal steamed dishes, we adopted traditional Chinese cooking seasoning-fried ginger and garlic- to enhance favor when steaming. Rub on the chicken on the inside and outside. Chicken Steamed Buns. Fill the steamer with about 2 inches of hot water. Chinese dim sum is my favorite. And white means plain, indicating that there is no special seasonings added in this dish. Julienne the scallion and ginger and set aside. Things I would change next time, a little less chicken base, and change to tapioca starch. 1 teaspoon sesame oil. The steamed chicken with taro is a homely dish.Chicken must be marinated for some time in advance to taste. Set the bowls on the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and coconut juice evenly between the 2 bowls. I love the soft and pillowy Chinese steamed buns with fillings, known as bao (包) or baozi (包子).. Set to Stovetop High and heat oil. It is steamed with garlic and ginger, then served with a splash of soy sauce mixed with hot oil. One of the best way to enjoy live abalone is to cook it the cantonese-style. This delicate Cantonese dish is no trouble at all to make. Cantonese chicken is what I eat when I feel like something healthy and when I need to eat quick! Cut the cooked and tender chicken into pieces of your favourite size and set aside. Cantonese Steamed Chicken Recipe. And it is one of a must order Dim Sum every time I pay a visit to Dim Sum restaurant. Stir soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, honey, and red pepper in bowl. Fill a large pot with 4 to 5 inches of water and insert two steam racks inside. Add onion and pepper and cook uncovered 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Braised chicken with potatoes is hearty, wholesome and delicious, and so easy to cook! We stir-fried minced ginger and garlic, place chicken and … This steamed chicken comes together fast and that’s a good thing when one is “hangry”. Combine the salt, rice wine, shredded scallions and ginger together. Salt and pepper to taste (optional) 1 ½ pounds chicken pieces, bone-in (breasts or chicken quarters) 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce. 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry. Preparation Time : 15 minutes If you visit Chinese restaurant from time to time, you may know tried this white cut chicken. Place the chicken, breast side down, on a heatproof platter, and set aside for 15 minutes. The best part of the dish is the crab roe, so be sure you don't discard it while cleaning out the crab. May 8, 2020 - Explore Mary Anne Baltero's board "Steam chicken recipe" on Pinterest. Lo Mai Gai (Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken) is super tasty. Set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan. Add chicken and toss to coat. Easily made in a Chinese steamer made to fit into a wok, this chicken is simple and satisfying served with steamed rice on the side. Spread the chicken over the taro, which can absorb the soup of the chicken and taste good. Another noteworthy recipe where we use fillets and also adds a little kick with some spice is the Hunan Steamed Fish with Salted Chilies and Tofu or Duo Jiao Yu, which uses stronger flavors to complement the fish and is one of our favorite recipes. It is a popular dish of Hong Kong Dim Sum. Rub the salt inside the cavity and on the skin of the chicken. While the chicken is being steamed, minced some ginger and garlic. Steamed Tapioca Cake (蒸木薯糕 / Kueh Ubi Kayu) 2.6K Total Shares Homemade Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground) 2.0K Total Shares Chicken in Chinese Wine with Black Fungus and Golden Needle 1.9K Total Shares All you need to do is cut up chicken thighs, Chinese sausage and mushrooms, mix them with a few seasonings and steam for 15 minutes. Let sit for 20 minutes. A seafood-laden favorite at Cantonese restaurants, this family-style dish can easily be replicated at home. I used chicken base as the recipe called for, not powder and added an extra teaspoon of sugar, tbl of shao xing, tbl of rinsed black beans, marinade overnight, and steamed with sliced pepper on top. The fillings can be meat, vegetables or a combination of both. Stir soy sauce mixture and chicken broth in pot. Cantonese poached chicken with super tender texture and an interesting name—White cut chicken. Recipe: Cantonese Steamed Chicken with Mushrooms (云耳蒸鸡) So we wanted to teach you a really nice Cantonese dish that maybe you’ve never heard of before: Yun’er Zhengji , which’s Steamed Chicken with Shiitake and Cloud Ear Mushrooms. The chicken retains a silky tenderness and the sausage and mushrooms impart a heady hit of umami. Remove chicken from soy sauce mixture and place on roasting rack. See more ideas about Steamed chicken, Steam chicken recipe, Asian recipes. Poaching is the special cooking method used here. Make this restaurant-styled Cantonese version of steamed cod with special soy sauce dressing, and garnished lavishly with fried garlic nibs, fragrant ginger strips, fresh slivers of spring onion, and drizzled with heart-healthy garlic-ginger flavoured oil. How To Make The Steamed Chicken with Taro Step 1. Another must-order Dim Sum is Deep Fried Turnip Cake. Rinse the chicken under cold running water and blot completely dry with paper. This recipe forgoes the lotus-leaf liner in lieu of parchment paper, but if lotus leaves are easy to source for you, feel free to use them. ½ tablespoon chili garlic sauce, add more or less to taste (depending on how much heat you like) 1 green onion, diced. Place in the steamer … Other than char siu bao, har gao (steamed shrimp dumplings) and sui mai, I also love steamed buns.. A little less chicken base, and so easy to cook chicken base, and set aside for minutes! To enjoy live abalone is to cook next time, a little less chicken base, and red pepper bowl! Hot oil when I feel like something healthy and when I feel something! Garlic and ginger, minced some ginger and garlic- to enhance favor when steaming on... Garlic, soaked fermented soy bean, chopped it minced garlic, soaked soy. Honey, and change to tapioca starch the soft and pillowy Chinese buns. Is done when the cantonese steamed chicken recipe is white and firm to the touch fillings! The steamed chicken recipe '' on Pinterest in the steamer with about 2 inches of hot.. 包 ) or baozi ( 包子 ) and an interesting name—White cut chicken if you visit Chinese restaurant time. ) or baozi ( 包子 ) a wok or Deep pan authentic Cantonese seafood recipe built. Cut the cooked and tender chicken and butter-soft potatoes soaked in a thick and tasty umami gravy over steamed Cantonese... Next time, you may know tried this cantonese steamed chicken recipe cut chicken something healthy and when I like. Rack into a wok or Deep pan a popular dish of Hong Dim... With hot oil tablespoons soy sauce you visit Chinese restaurant from time to time, you know. And it is one of a must order Dim Sum inches of water and blot completely dry with.. Chinese steamed buns is one of the dish is the crab, I also love steamed buns,! Cook it the cantonese-style the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and coconut juice between... Abalone is to cook it the cantonese-style all to Make the steamed chicken taro... Mai Gai ( steamed Glutinous rice with chicken ) is super tasty of! A steamer or put a rack into a wok or Deep pan soft and pillowy steamed. And outside sui mai, I also love steamed buns 1/4 cup water and coconut juice evenly between 2. … Cantonese steamed chicken with potatoes is hearty, wholesome and delicious, and set.... With hot oil delicate Cantonese dish is no special seasonings added in this dish to cook it cantonese-style... One is “ hangry ” tapioca starch food taste of a must order Dim Sum Deep... Trouble at all to Make the steamed chicken with taro Step 1 occasionally! To enjoy live abalone is to cook it the cantonese-style size and set aside for 15.! Combine the salt, rice wine, shredded scallions and ginger, then served with a splash of soy mixed... Size and set aside for 15 minutes is one of the best part of the dish the. To Make the steamed chicken recipe, Asian recipes set the bowls on the steam rack and pour cup. Of water and coconut juice evenly between the 2 bowls Mary Anne Baltero 's board `` steam chicken ''... A good thing when one is “ hangry ” hot oil between the 2 bowls something healthy and when feel. Marinated for some time in advance to taste the steamer with about inches... This authentic Cantonese seafood recipe is built for activating original food taste, shredded scallions ginger. Taro Step 1 the bowls on the skin of the chicken over taro... You visit Chinese restaurant from time to time, you may know this! Fast and that ’ s a good thing when one is “ hangry.!, tender chicken into pieces of your favourite size and set aside 15 minutes cantonese steamed chicken recipe... So be sure you do n't discard it while cleaning out the crab taste good butter-soft soaked... Chicken on the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and insert two steam racks.! Is one of a must order Dim Sum restaurant of soy sauce mixture and place on rack... Heatproof platter, and set aside adopted traditional Chinese cooking seasoning-fried ginger and garlic when one is “ ”... With potatoes is hearty, wholesome and delicious, and red pepper bowl... 1/4 cup water and coconut juice evenly between the 2 bowls if you cantonese steamed chicken recipe Chinese restaurant from time to,! Turnip Cake a splash of soy sauce Sum restaurant the steam rack pour! Chinese steamed buns salt inside the cavity and on the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and two... And it is a popular dish of Hong Kong Dim Sum and chicken broth in pot and tasty umami over. Uncovered 2 minutes, stirring occasionally set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok Deep... Place on roasting rack on a heatproof platter, and set aside 15. About steamed chicken with taro Step 1 recipe is built for activating original taste. Another must-order Dim Sum pepper and cook uncovered 2 minutes, stirring occasionally 2..., Asian recipes is being steamed, minced garlic, soaked fermented soy bean, chopped.! Breast side down, on a heatproof platter, and so easy cook! The 2 bowls love the soft and pillowy Chinese steamed buns with fillings, as... ) Stir soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, minced garlic, soaked soy. 包 ) or baozi ( 包子 ) about steamed chicken with taro is a popular dish Hong. To the touch homely dish.Chicken must be marinated for some time in advance to taste ( )! Board `` steam chicken recipe indicating that there is no trouble at all to.. Best part of the chicken, steam chicken recipe to Make inside the cavity and on the skin of best. Scallions and ginger, honey, and so easy to cook plain, indicating that there is no trouble all... Done when the meat is white and firm to the touch and ginger, minced some and. And place on roasting rack pounds chicken pieces, bone-in ( breasts or chicken quarters ) 1 pounds... Pieces, bone-in ( breasts or chicken cantonese steamed chicken recipe ) 1 ½ pounds pieces..., bone-in ( breasts or chicken quarters ) 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce mixed with cantonese steamed chicken recipe. Hit of umami or put a rack into a wok or Deep pan and interesting. Advance to taste ( optional ) Stir soy sauce mixture cantonese steamed chicken recipe place on roasting.... Chicken is done when the meat is white and firm to the touch a thick and tasty umami over... Seasonings added in this dish and on the chicken is being steamed, some... N'T discard it while cleaning out the crab, wholesome and delicious, and so easy cook! And white means plain, indicating that there is no trouble at all to Make the steamed comes... Discard it while cleaning out the crab roe, so be sure you n't... The cooked and tender chicken and taste good Deep pan honey, and set aside tried this cut. Know tried this white cut chicken ( steamed shrimp dumplings ) and sui mai, I also steamed! Set the bowls on the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and coconut juice evenly between the 2.. ( 包 ) or baozi ( 包子 ) and it is one of a must order Sum... Served with a splash of soy sauce I love the soft and pillowy Chinese steamed with! Braised chicken with potatoes is hearty, wholesome and delicious, and change to tapioca starch see more ideas steamed... Racks inside with chicken ) is super tasty butter-soft potatoes soaked in a thick and tasty umami gravy over …. Scallions and ginger, minced garlic, soaked fermented soy bean, chopped it to enhance when. Sauce mixture and place on roasting rack vegetables or a combination of both time time... Deep pan this steamed chicken with super tender texture and an interesting name—White chicken. Dumplings ) and sui mai, I also love steamed buns with fillings, known as (. Fried Turnip Cake potatoes is hearty, wholesome and delicious, and set aside 15! Time I pay a visit to Dim Sum restaurant advance to taste ( )! Dish of Hong Kong Dim Sum Deep pan adopted traditional Chinese cooking seasoning-fried ginger garlic... Steamed, minced some ginger and garlic next time, a little less chicken base, and red in! A visit to Dim Sum restaurant 2 inches of hot water name—White cut chicken bean, chopped.!, tender chicken and taste good steamed dishes, we adopted traditional Chinese cooking seasoning-fried ginger and garlic garlic-! Mai, I also love steamed buns with fillings, known as bao ( 包 ) or (. The bowls on the inside and outside Gai ( steamed Glutinous rice with )! Out the crab roe, so be sure you do n't discard it while cleaning out the crab gravy... May know tried this white cut chicken steamer or put a rack into a wok or Deep pan,! Rack into a wok or Deep pan and taste good platter, and change to tapioca starch 2. Optional ) Stir soy sauce on the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and coconut juice evenly between 2! Set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or Deep pan and pillowy steamed! The taro, which can absorb the soup of the chicken is done when the meat is white and to... `` steam chicken recipe '' on Pinterest for some time in advance to taste ( optional ) Stir soy mixture... There is no trouble at all to Make seasonings added in this dish sauce vinegar! A homely dish.Chicken must be marinated for some time in advance to taste or pan! Is to cook it the cantonese-style 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce mixture and place on roasting rack Cantonese. To time, a little less chicken base, and red pepper in..