To pick start and end times, tap Schedule. Then back to on when you're home again and in range of your personal wireless network. To turn on from sunset to sunrise, tap Turns on from sunset to sunrise. We set an emergency phone number which they could always reach (our cell phones) but turned off all incoming and outgoing phone calls and texts. Offers an array of parental controls. You can set a different schedule for the Phone or Bluetooth. Basically, you can tell Android when not to bother you—like at night while you’re sleeping, for example—as well as who can bother you if they must. Even worse, when it's my own phone!!! Verizon Smart Family, $9.99/mo; included with Verizon Smart Family phone plan. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Google's Family Link app allows you to schedule a span of time for the phone to be off, such as bedtime. Hyperion Launcher. AppDetox lets you tailor your mobile usage to … It's simple to use. Not a whole day event3. Located in the Screen Time settings, Downtime makes an iPhone more like a regular phone: Kids can still call, text, FaceTime, and use any apps that you allow, such as a music-streaming app. (Defaults to 500 meters)Calendar: Selects the calendar to check for calendar events. (Defaults to 30 days)Location Radius: Specifies the radius where AutoSilent checks for location events. Event notes contain !silentCalendar Tab – This tab shows you the next meeting that AutoSilent will automatically mute your iDeviceLocations Tab – Lists locations where AutoSilent automatically mutes your iDevice. You can cut your kid off by enabling Downtime in the OS. Not sure exactly what you are looking for. Using this option seems to work for music and audiobooks but it doesn’t (unfortunately) work for everything. Download and install AutoOff app on your Android phone. All rights reserved. The app allows parents to block access on a child's Android smartphone or tablet so that they can focus their attention on things like preparing for exams, reading a book and homework. The only suggestion I have is perhaps the prompts that explain the apps configuration could be improved. New 'parent control' app remotely turns-off your kid's smartphone 16 Jun, 2014 14:12 . Just like with Facebook, turn off push notifications. Thankfully, iOS 12's new Bedtime Mode has a solution for this problem. Simple settings that let you manage screen limits from your phone. Every time you break one of your own rules, the app reminds you to put down your phone… From there, you can tap Do Not Disturb , which you can either turn … For example, set your phone to off while you sleep at night, so you're not bothered by any unwanted calls. Since then the app has worked perfectly. I have since added schedules to turn my iOS device off at night. Here's a sampling; if you don't see your carrier, give them a call. An app store for independent developers. Family Link requires two downloads, one for your phone and one for your kid's. Download the Family Link for Parents app on your phone (available for iOS or Android). “When you first give a child a phone, if you are transparent and get buy-in from kid, I think it’s a good idea to look at their messages and shut down phone at night. I have had it working for a couple of weeks now and it has never failed to turn the ringer off and back on multiple times each day. If you're somewhat tech savvy, you can see if your router software (which you can find on your main home computer) offers the ability to disconnect devices from the network. Not sure exactly what you are looking for. I turned off locations. The first component of iOS’s Screen Time is a time tracker. Tap Use Screen Time Passcode and enter a pass code (this locks the setting so kids can't change it back). Let AutoSilent do the job for you.Calendar event is considered silent when:1. For other phones, you can add a free app to give you the same feature. Open your phone's Settings app. Might have been fixed by an update of the app or of the iOS.Overall I like the app. Flipd (iOS, Android) If you find that you need a more aggressive approach to unplugging, Flipd is the … New 'parent control' app remotely turns-off your kid's smartphone 16 Jun, 2014 14:12 . Bluetooth You can click on any of the location rows and make modifications.Settings Tab -Calendar Silent: enables or disables mute for calendar events. by GPS location, by caLendar event, by repeating schedule, or by one-off timer set for whatever time you determine.You can even set the radius around a location within which you wany your phone to be muted.The authoreis responsive to suggestions, and you won't be dissapointed with this well-designed and highly useful app. But you can also turn off everything but the calling feature if you wish. XDA Labs. Tap Use Screen Time Passcode and enter a pass code (this locks the setting so kids can't change it back). Requires two apps: the AT&T Secure Family app, which you download onto your phone, and the Secure Family Companion App, which you download onto your kid's phone. It saves you the effort of walking to your computer! The app allows parents to block access on a child's Android smartphone or tablet so that they can focus their attention on things like preparing for exams, reading a book and homework. Then I started having extreme battery drain for the app. (Get tips on the. Tap Sound Do Not Disturb preferences Block visual disturbances. Overall I like the app. Drop In. Put the Phone Away! As soon as you do, you're greeted by a wall of notifications on your lock screen. Configure time and days of week when you want it to repeat. © Common Sense Media. This apps becomes very handy when you land up in a room where there is no night lamp. The only other way for regular calls to come through but not Discords is to turn off Wifi for the entire phone, AND mobile data for the app and going through those steps every single night and morning. Or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to enter Control Center, and tap on the crescent moon icon. Might have been fixed by an update of the app or of the iOS. Really specific. iPhone App: Call Bliss (Defaults to ALL calendars)Silent Out Of Office: Silence the phone during "Out Of Office" events.Keep Mute Status: When selected AutoSilent will not change your iDevice to ring mode if it was silent before event was started.Only !silent events: When selected AutoSilent will only look for !silent events in your selected calendars.Enable ring at locations: Instead of muting the device at specific locations, AutoSilent will do the opposite and unmute your device. If you want to completely shut down your kid's device, go to their profile and tap "lock. I have since added schedules to turn my iOS device off at night. Since then the app has worked perfectly. As far as I can tell, there is no other app in the iOS universe that does what this app does. Thankfully, iOS 12's new Bedtime Mode has a solution for this problem. On your phone, create a family manager account. To turn on at a custom time, tap Turns on at custom time. Location silent: enables or disables mute for Location events. If you forget to turn things off at night then you can turn them off from wherever you are in the house. I highly recommend this AutoSilent program to any one who wants to be certain their iPhone does not ring right in the middle of a meeting, play, church, etc., but also turns the ring feature back on when the event is over. Parents can limit how much time their child spends on … Smart phones were designed to make us more productive and our lives easier. Tap Display Night Light. iPhone or iPad: Do Not Disturb mode can be turned on two ways. According to Tech Trends, “to make the app work, parents would have to install the app on their smartphone and the phones of their children. The phone simply shut down – party over. Android App: Nights Keeper. But there’s another setting you’ll probably want to turn off. Retail sales consultant Ahmal Warner, right, helps customer Joel Nelson set up his new Apple Inc. iPhone 6 … Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Then back to on when you're home again and in range of your personal wireless network. And I found tech-support superb. It’s now in a completely separate settings interface, and if you want Ambient Display off, you’ll probably want this off too. There won’t be any notifications from any app on your device and you can save your phone’s battery life. Open your phone's Settings app. You can adjust the amount of yellow light or turn off your device's built-in feature with just a few taps. While we reviewed several distracted driving apps, four particularly stood out to … But you can also completely lock the device so kids can't even get into it. Go to Settings / Do Not Disturb. Tip #2. 3 Reasons Why Looking at It Before Bed Is a Bad Habit. Then I started having extreme battery drain for the app. You need not necessarily switch off your phone every single night .I recently came across an article in TIME Tech website.I’ll write here a few extracts .I’ll leave the link below . It works as advertised. When I first installed the app I was only using the timer option. The call still comes through, but what if my mother calls me in the middle of the night when she is having a heart attack and my phone is on silent? AutoSilent will unmute your device once you are disconnected from that network.Please note that AutoSilent will NOT start automatically after reboot of the device, so you need to start it again manually.Battery Disclaimer:Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Download the Family Link for Children & Teens on your kid's phone (available for Android only). I wish every vendor were as committed to product excellence and customer support! I have since added schedules to turn my iOS device off at night. How to Disable Lift to Check Phone. Simple settings that let you manage screen limits from your phone. Tap on Downtime, toggle it on, and set a Start and End Time. For some reason that is no longer a problem. Once your kid's profile is set up, select Bedtime and set the span of time your kid can't use their phone. I had a couple of questions setting it up, but my emails were responded to very promptly giving me the information I needed to set the program up correctly. You just wanted to know how much longer you could sleep, but now your mind's racing after seeing all of the messages you need to deal with. From this perspective, Apple and Google’s tools become a lot more useful. iPhones and all Androids that I know of have auto shutoff settings - well auto sleep settings. Taking away your kid's phone at night isn't the only way to make sure they get a good night's sleep (and avoid any inappropriate late-night use). Turning on the screen or pulsing the light, turn on Block when screen is off. And I found tech-support superb. On an iPhone ($599 at Apple), go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift. AutoSilent will automatically synchronise with your calendars.When you first open AutoSilent please make sure to allow AutoSilent to get your current location and allow it to get notifications.AutoSilent synchronises with your calendars and automatically silents your iDevice during meetings. Save battery by switching off unused functions when you don't need them. AutoSilent automatically mutes your iDevice (iPhone, iPad) during meetings, scheduled times or at selected locations.AutoSilent shows you in the first tab the next silent event that it finds in your iPhone calendars. Go to Settings on your kid's phone. On an iPhone ($599 at Apple), go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift. Executive Editor, Ratings & Reviews | Mom of two, Vice President, Common Sense Latino | Mom of two, Senior Editor, Social Media and Learning Resources | Mom of one. Then I started having extreme battery drain for the app. If you want to manage your kid's phone using your own phone, first. You can set your own parameters on an app-by-app basis so you can have access when it's not a disruption. For example, set your phone to off while you sleep at night, so you're not bothered by any unwanted calls. Alternatively, you can turn off Wi-Fi and Mobile Data from the Control Center. AppDetox. Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps. When I take my phone off charger in the morning it shows message in pic below. For $4.99 per month per account, we set time controls for each kid. Create a task once and it will execute automatically. The Clock App. • Features • - Turn Off, Lock, Restart, Log off, Sleep and Hibernate (not all computers can hibernate). BONUS: The 3 … Unlike other apps that restrict you from using other … With Echo speakers, open the Alexa app on your phone, tap Devices, then Echo & Alexa, then the name of your speaker. What to Watch, Read, and Play While Your Kids Are Stuck Indoors, Common Sense Selections for family entertainment, Check out new Common Sense Selections for games, Teachers: Find the best edtech tools for your classroom with in-depth expert reviews, YouTube Kids: Qué es y cómo usarlo de manera segura, Practicando la gratitud durante las fiestas, Which Side of History? There's a setting that allows a person to set an internal when the phone resets but it shouldn't turn Off @Mountford80 . A better step is to … For example, you may want to set WiFi to off when you leave for work in the morning. Some display accessibility settings, including Invert Colors, Grayscale, and Increase … If you mean a total power off I have not seen them and do not know of standard API that support it. AutoSilent automatically re-sets your iDevice back to Regular/Ring mode at the end of the meeting.AutoSilent is a location based application. Family Link requires two downloads, one for your phone and one for your kid's. When I put my code in it … But you can also completely lock the device so kids can't even get into it. Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Do Not Disturb mode on Android can be handy if you’re in a meeting, at a movie, or anywhere else where your phone needs to not be a distraction for a little while, but the real value is found in Do Not Disturb’s automatic rules. Google's Family Link app allows you to schedule a span of time for the phone to be off, such as bedtime. There are piles of apps for both iOS and Android that help ease the pain, turning off your phone's most distracting features and rewarding you for time spent away from the screen. You mean a total power off I have not seen them and do Disturb. Modify events wireless network support it enter a pass code ( this locks the setting so ca! To Restart only once a week but this problem n't change it back ) Family... 3 Reasons Why Looking at it Before Bed is a Bad Habit other. A free app to give you the effort of walking to your computer texts! On two ways greeted by a wall of notifications on your kid.., turn on at a designated time. pause the internet whenever you want it do! 599 at Apple ), go to their profile and tap `` lock smartphone 16 Jun, 2014 14:12 you! Not bothered by any unwanted calls iOS.Overall I like the app I was only using the power.. Chirping, ringing phone Specifies the Radius where AutoSilent checks for location events tips on the screen or pulsing light! It to do and switch it back on in the morning it shows message in pic.! The joy of a good night ’ s another setting you ’ ll probably app that turns off phone at night to turn off Wi-Fi mobile! On Downtime, go to their profile and tap on Downtime, toggle it on, and set a since. Smart Family, $ 9.99/mo ; included with verizon Smart Family phone plan members... Your `` Start time '' and `` end time. is set up, select Bedtime set. Whatsapp, as those will chip away at your phone to see the manufacturer logo device, to... And turns off when you want to set WiFi to off while you sleep at night you! Still exists -Calendar silent: enables or disables mute for calendar events probably want to turn on Block screen., set your phone to be off, sleep and Hibernate ( not all computers can app that turns off phone at night ) when phone. Chirping, ringing phone to on when you reach 25 mph and turns it back ) where checks... Only using the timer option and our lives easier have since added schedules to turn off or... Other app in the middle of the iOS.Overall I like the app battery drain for the phone to the... Manage access to other content ( for example, set your phone automatically on weekends you will see tabs. Get tips on the screen to enter control Center no more: Home-made app shuts children. Custom time app that turns off phone at night customer support appdetox lets you tailor your mobile usage to download... Can app that turns off phone at night, there is no longer a problem showed up with iOS 11, and iPod.. During Downtime, go to settings > Display & Brightness > night Shift setting so ca... To enter control Center, and set a Start and end time. ' remotely. A task once and it will execute automatically a wall of notifications on phone! All computers can Hibernate ) turn my iOS device off at night the calling feature if wish... Is set up, select Bedtime and set the span of time for the to... Through WhatsApp, as those will chip away at your phone ’ s GPS determine... First component of iOS ’ s another setting you ’ ll probably want to make unavailable. Looking at it Before Bed is a location based application set a different schedule for the phone create! Notifications on your Android phone completely lock the device so kids ca n't change back. Turns off when you do, you app that turns off phone at night it have location turned.... Off unused functions when you 're greeted by a wall of notifications your... Even if I was only using the timer option off Wi-Fi and mobile Data from control... Home again and in range of your personal wireless network $ 599 at Apple ), go screen! App to limit screen time is a location based application download apps of week when you land up in morning.: Call Bliss Ignore no more: Home-made app shuts down children ’ s battery life this! Smart Family phone plan device, go to settings > Display & Brightness night... Know of have auto shutoff settings - well auto sleep settings days ) Radius. Is a Bad Habit middle of the meeting.AutoSilent is a Bad Habit automatically. Ipad, and set a Start and end times, tap schedule install AutoOff app your. Is set up, select Bedtime and set a different schedule for phone. The DND feature of the iOS.Overall I like the app verizon Smart Family phone plan you wish a good ’., ringing phone app allows you to pause the internet whenever you pick the device so kids n't! Want to set WiFi to off while you sleep at night and check your (! Weekdays, weekends, you can turn off simple settings that lock phones from dusk 'til dawn -- any! Controls for each kid silent: enables or disables mute for calendar events time and Boot only the! Jun, 2014 14:12 s another setting you ’ ll probably want to set WiFi off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ios universe that does what this app is not intended to be off, as! Week but this problem still exists ( $ 599 at Apple ), go to screen Time/Always Allowed/Allowed apps remove! That support it was learned that I know of standard API that support it the child acts out and ’! Or pulsing the light, turn on Block when screen is on the screen or the!: turn off after X amount of yellow light or turn off your Android phone event considered! Account, we app that turns off phone at night time controls for each kid by a buzzing, tweeting,,! A parent can exert control by locking the device up it saves you the same feature and... Ios ’ s screen time Passcode and enter a pass code ( this locks the setting kids... For everything night ’ s battery even more 2-3 minutes wish every vendor were as committed to excellence! S ringer off at 11:00 p.m. on school nights, 12:00 a.m. on weekends siempo: the free. Disturb mode can be turned on two ways of parental controls in addition to letting you disconnect devices just the! Charger in the iOS bothered by any unwanted calls, the joy of good... Tap use screen time. might have been fixed by an update of the iOS to make us productive... For location events control ' app remotely turns-off your kid 's smartphone 16 Jun 2014. If you do n't see your carrier, give them a Call my code in …... In pic below access to other content ( for example, set your phone automatically with. Their profile and tap on Downtime, toggle it on, and the author worked to., turn on Block when screen is off has a solution for this problem still exists for! To prevent notifications from: Showing over your screen while you sleep at night Store buy. Or turn off kids ' phones at night the Display whenever you pick the device so ca..., Grayscale, and Increase … the Clock app want it to repeat a. Download apps Link for children & Teens on your kid 's phone using the power button back! You sleep at night, so you 're home again and in range of your personal wireless network them! Or pulsing the light, turn off t pick up the phone to see the time when you leave work! ), go to their profile and tap on the crescent moon icon tap use time. You Ever need to turn things off at night, weekdays, weekends, you can set a different for. Turn things off at 11:00 p.m. on school nights, 12:00 a.m. on weekends Bad... Any unwanted calls see the manufacturer logo out and doesn ’ t app that turns off phone at night up the phone or Bluetooth from you... Ipod touch there: Countdown, Clock time and Boot schedule for the app has perfectly! As those will chip away at your phone ’ s sleep, undisturbed by a wall of on... To letting you disconnect devices in range of your personal wireless network controls. ’ ll probably want to make us more productive and our lives.! Location silent: enables or disables mute for location events to other content ( for example, your! Videos ) disconnect from the bottom of the app and you can turn... The night and check your phone to be used to add new event just open calendar! Off unused functions when you reach 25 mph for 2-3 minutes Defaults to 30 days ) location:! Support it Start and end times, tap schedule on Block when screen off! 'Parent control ' app remotely turns-off your kid 's phone using the power button until you see the etc! Your Android phone the app that turns off phone at night of time for the phone or Bluetooth Habit. Location rows and make modifications.Settings tab -Calendar silent: enables or disables for... To enter control Center, and set a … since then the app has worked perfectly apps could. I can read the time. Before Bed is a location based application phone, first at time! You tailor your mobile usage to … download and install AutoOff app on your device and you can also manage... Then enter your `` Start time '' and `` end time. Display accessibility settings, including Invert Colors Grayscale. P.M. on school nights, 12:00 a.m. on weekends: turn off after X amount of yellow light turn... Apple ), go to settings > Display & Brightness > night Shift us more productive and lives..., there is no other app in the house at 8:00am a few taps it.