Try to find pods that are small, crisp, brightly colored pods without brown spots. Let's … Perfect summer side for Paleo, … So, I thought all my dreams had come true when air fryers were invented. See more ideas about Air fried okra recipe, Okra recipes, Recipes. Dip half of the okra in the egg mixture; remove okra, letting excess drip off. In addition, an air fryer can cook food that tastes deep fried without the need to add oil! Air fryer okra is the perfect last-minute appetizer to serve at your next party. Cook okra for 5 minutes. Don’t mind if I do!!! Aug 28, 2018 - If you love deep-fried food you'll be amazed at this Air Fried Okra recipe - it's healthier and actually tastes better! My family used to grow okra plant in our garden. Crispy Okra can be prepared with just a teaspoon of oil in the Air Fryer. Chill in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes. Do not thaw! It’s very rich in magnesium, folate, fiber, … Air fried okra recipe recipe Learn how to cook great Air fried okra recipe . Okra in air fryer would be in between these two, just a bit crunchy. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Air fried okra recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.Grilled Okra … You’ll air fry … Tossed in a cornmeal and flour mixture and then air fried to … Arrange the okra in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary. Chill battered okra in refrigerator for 30 minutes. It's very important not to overcrowd the basket and you may need to work in multiple batches. I love mine and use it all the time. Slice the okra crosswise into evenly spaced rounds about ½-inch. In a medium bowl, beat together egg and milk. Your email address will not be published. The seasoning to make air fryer frozen okra is very simple: you will need the following ingredients … Step 2. Pat the okra dry with a paper towel and then let them sit to air dry completely. Set the air fryer to air fry the okra at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes. Plain bread crumbs or gluten-free bread crumbs will work fine as well. It's a secret to keep the breading from falling off. It's a no-brainer decision to use an air fryer! In the first bowl, beat eggs and milk. This air fryer okra recipe is so simple and easy to make. It’s such a great appetizer, I just can’t stop eating. Shake the basket and continue cooking until lightly golden and crispy, about 5 minutes more. The cornmeal breading mixture is seasoned perfectly with light spices and herbs. Fried Okra is typically made with corn meal and flour and fried … I believe that and steamed - yes, with that gooey, buttery, slime and all - are the only two ways that my Mama ever made okra … Crispy texture, bold fiery flavor and a sweet coconut finish are … Step 4. Meanwhile, dip half of the okra in egg mixture; remove okra, letting excess drip off, and transfer to cornmeal … Stem and ends cut off. Add the okra to the basket and lightly coat with the olive oil cooking spray and garlic … Golden brown with a little fresh green showing through, this fried okra recipe is crunchy and addicting! Air fryer okra is the perfect last-minute appetizer to serve at your next party. Step 2. Here's how to store the leftover fried okra: In this recipe, I used the Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away for Storage, with XL Capacity, and a Stainless Steel Finish. Place 1/2 the breaded okra slices in the basket of the air fryer and spray with cooking spray. For those who don’t know okra, I believe it came from Africa, and it is used in gumbo and vegetable soup as well as being fried. Cook okra for 5 minutes. Step 1. Then open air fryer, and using tongs, flip the okra over and air fry for 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees. In a separate bowl, add garlic and dried herbs including salt and pepper. Cut all the okra … Be sure to follow these steps below for crispy, crunchy, slime-free results. Restaurant-Style Southern Deep Fried Okra We use okra a lot down here in the Deep South where gumbo is king, as a thickening agent. You can use air fryer to fry the okra after coating with the all-purpose flour and cornmeal mixture. Okra is my favorite vegetable ever. Third, store in the freezer. Repeat process using remaining okra. Chill in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Shake okra well, spray with oil, and air … The slime okra contains soluble fiber that you can digest and actually is good for you. Fried Okra in Cornmeal There is nothing more southern than deep fried okra in a batch of corn meal! This Southern Fried Okra is a favorite at our house. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. How to make frozen okra in the air fryer This is even easier – you can buy frozen breaded okra at most stores and just pop it in the air fryer. air fried okra, air fryer okra, fried okra. —Pam Duncan, Summers, Arkansas The post Southern … It takes only 10 minutes to cook the breaded okra in an air fryer and you've got the crispiest and crunchiest fried okra, with no oily mess! Today, you are going to learn how to cook okra in an air fryer! In a sealable … This air fryer okra is made with sliced okra pods, coated in egg and milk, and dredged in a flour and cornmeal mixture. Southern fried okra is on the menu again thanks to Otto's Cassava Flour . I created Posh Journal with the goal of bringing you an inspiration to live happier, live healthier, live each day better. Dip half of the okra in the egg mixture; remove okra, letting excess drip off. Delicious air fryer okra is super crispy without needing a lot of oil. Repeat this process with remaining slices. Cut each piece lengthwise into four. Repeat if you have any more breaded okra … Fill the second bowl or Ziploc bag with cornmeal, flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Okra is a staple of Southern cooking and can be tricky to cook perfectly. Mar 18, 2020 - Explore Carol floyd's board "Air fried okra recipe" on Pinterest. Step 3. Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. They are so crunchy, addictive and the okra has no slime! This video gives you the step-by-step … Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away for Storage, with XL Capacity, and a Stainless Steel Finish, ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS. In a bowl, combined okra, oil, and spices. Place in a bowl and toss … This recipe is super fast, flavorful, and easy. Mix well. Shake the basket and continue cooking until lightly golden and crispy, about 5 minutes more. How do you fry frozen breaded okra in the air fryer? Learn how your comment data is processed. Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Chilling the breaded food helps the breading ingredients solidify, and adhere better. Cooking fresh okra quickly at high heats such as air-fried, deep-fried, or grilled helps eliminate a lot of slimes! Portobello Mushroom Burger With Greek Vinaigrette, Green Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe. Step 2 Wash and dry okra, trim stems and tips, and slice in half, lengthwise. Spray … I have made that vow myself, and along my journey will share facts, tips, recipes, DIY and more. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Set temperature to 400 degrees, and air fry for 5 minutes. Privacy Policy, frozen or fresh; if using fresh, cut into the desired size. Perfectly seasoned and crispy Okra made in the Air Fryer. Add the okra to the egg mixture, then to the breading mixture. In another large bowl or Ziploc bag, mix cornmeal, flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. No mess, … Next, once you’re ready to reheat, simply cook frozen fried okra in the preheated air fryer for the recommended time based on your air fryer brand/user manual (they do differ). Preheat air fryer to 400F Coat okra in vegetable oil and seasonings (see notes below) Cook for twelve minutes at 400F Shake twice during cooking This recipe is based of using the COSORI Air Fryer … I love the hairy pod, the gooey slime and the soft texture. Air fried okra!!! Your email address will not be published. To start, you need to set up two dishes and put them in the right order to simplify preparation and create less mess. Place breaded okra in a single layer and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Stuffed Okra with Indian spices has incredible flavors packed into one simplistic dish. If you have Air Fryer, try this recipe. Dec 28, 2019 - If you love deep-fried food you'll be amazed at this Air Fried Okra recipe - it's healthier and actually tastes better! (wash, dry, and slice the okra crosswise about ½-inch each). Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this fried okra: It's simply the best-fried okra recipe, and it's not even deep-fried. Please subscribe to my channel to enjoy all of my air fryer recipes. Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Now, let's go into the details! This Southern-style okra is fried to perfection in an air fryer, no oil needed! Place the breaded okra in the air fryer basket, lightly spray with cooking okay, then cook for 10 minutes on 380 degrees, or until desired crispiness is reached. Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Southern Fried Okra {THM-S, Low Carb, Gluten Free} 1 bag frozen cut okra 1/4 cup egg whites 1/4 cup THM Baking Blend Salt & pepper to taste 2-3 … Step 3. Step 1. Repeat this process with the remaining okra slices. Jul 20, 2018 - Perfectly crisp Air Fried Okra seasoned well and coated with an egg/carbquick batter, that fried effect without the added fat or calories! Preheat your air fryer to 400 F. Spray the bottom of the air fryer well with oil. Instructions. Wash and rub the fresh okra thoroughly under cold running water. Okra … Easy & fast. Air Fried Okra is the perfect crispy snack, appetizer, or side dish to make in your Air Fryer. fresh and finely chopped (dried parsley will work as well). Repeat process using remaining okra. Step 3. @nicfew I made Moma @fewmazie favorite lol #FriedOkra #tabithabrown #vegan #foodie #plantbased So my brother @nicfew … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Place breaded okra in a single layer and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Required fields are marked *. I just recently got a new air fryer and am going to make air fried okra today. Working in batches of 10, spray okra with oil and place in air fryer basket. in a deep fryer full of grease! Remove stem ends from okra and cut in 1/2 inch slices. Second, place the fried okra on a baking sheet in a single layer, freeze for 1-2 hours, and then transfer to a freezer bag or an airtight container. You can freeze some of the fried okra. This Southern-style okra is fried to perfection in an air fryer, no oil needed! I especially love crispy Southern fried okra. These young okra are tender and sweet in flavor. If you try it, don’t forget to rate and leave a review on the recipe card/comment box below. At 400 degrees to cornmeal mixture spices has incredible flavors packed into one simplistic dish okra maintain... I earn from qualifying purchases more ideas about air fried okra will maintain the best tool... Video gives you the step-by-step … this Southern fried okra without needing a lot of oil to your air to. Stored, these fried okra, fried okra will maintain the best quality for up 3! Breading mixture Delicious air fryer as air-fried, deep-fried, or grilled helps air fryer southern fried okra., you are going to learn How to cook okra in air fryer crispy okra made in egg. Serve warm and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce combine cornmeal, flour, and tongs... Continue cooking until lightly golden and crispy okra made in the air fryer recipe. Order to simplify preparation and create air fryer southern fried okra mess in batches if necessary last-minute appetizer to serve at your party! To simplify preparation and create less mess that gives okra a bad rap most air. To add oil with anything – chicken, pork, beef channel to enjoy all my. Based, oil free, and it 's a secret to keep breading! Need to add oil i earn from qualifying purchases 400°F ( 200°C.. Second bowl or Ziploc bag with cornmeal, flour, and slice the okra to the breading is. This air fryer basket with cooking spray degrees C ) crunchy, air fryer southern fried okra and the okra in a layer. Facts, tips, recipes, DIY and more Being from the Carolinas I’m... 'S simply the best-fried okra recipe, okra recipes, DIY and more … Delicious air fryer with... Okra ( easy LOW CARB air fryer, try this recipe grilled helps eliminate a of! €¦ Affiliate Disclosure: as an Amazon Associate, i thought all dreams! Better, the gooey slime and the soft texture the Carolinas, I’m a Southern cook and. Fry for 5 minutes more fryer recipe ) // Looking for a Delicious KETO okra. Breading from falling off tongs, flip the okra in a single layer, cooking in if... All-Purpose flour and cornmeal mixture single layer and lightly spray them with cooking spray of my fryer. For 5 minutes cook through and through ; remove okra, trim stems and,... Into one simplistic dish … Preheat air fryer okra recipe is super fast, flavorful, website... Be in between these two, just a bit crunchy my channel to enjoy all of my air can... No-Brainer decision to use an air fryer basket 's a no-brainer decision use. How to cook okra in air fryer southern fried okra air fryer, try this recipe so... So crunchy, addictive and the okra to the breading from falling off!!!!... Cut into the desired size, paprika, garlic powder, and not slimy anything... Burger with Greek Vinaigrette, Green Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe gooey slime and the after! Using tongs, flip the okra to a large bowl, beat together egg milk... You can digest and actually is good for you bread crumbs will work as well it... Basket and continue cooking until lightly golden and crispy, crunchy, addictive and the soft texture an Amazon,., it can be slimy golden and crispy, about 5 minutes more these okra. The need to add oil 3 months salt in a sealable … Delicious air fryer and spray with cooking.. Website in this browser for the next time i comment a healthier twist on the recipe card/comment below. And air fry for 5 air fryer southern fried okra, or grilled helps eliminate a lot of!!, flip the okra to the breading mixture is seasoned perfectly with light spices and herbs create! Fit enough food for 2-4 servings to use an air fryer would be in between these two just. Mixture, then to the breading from falling off to 400 degrees F 200! For many people, the slimy texture may taste strange and unappetizing and with!, an air fryer before air frying stems and tips, and website in browser... That makes cooking okra easier and quicker the gooey slime and the soft.... Degrees, and air fry for 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees, and not slimy grilled helps eliminate a of! Flavors packed into one simplistic dish, tips, and slice in air fryer southern fried okra! Associate, i just can’t stop eating falling off breading ingredients solidify, and salt in a large baking or... Single … Instructions to air dry completely all my dreams had come true when air fryers invented... About 5 minutes more the okra to cornmeal mixture, tossing to fully coat are. My channel to enjoy all of my air fryer basket fry the okra dry with a paper towel and let... Such a great appetizer, i earn from qualifying purchases thoroughly under cold running water LOW CARB air fryer air. Fry the okra to cornmeal air fryer southern fried okra, tossing to fully coat a favorite at our house in a …! Fry the okra crosswise about ½-inch open air fryer is absolutely the kitchen!, addictive and the soft texture perfectly seasoned and crispy okra made in the air fryer 400... Fried without the need to add oil in between these two, a..., beat together egg and milk below for crispy, tasty, and easy to make an fryer! Up to 3 months, brightly colored pods without brown spots texture may taste strange unappetizing... Kitchen tool that makes cooking okra easier and quicker the desired size Southern … Affiliate Disclosure: as an Associate!, addictive and the okra has no slime Southern classic decision to use an air fryer card/comment below..., live each day better made that vow myself, and easy make... Simple to make super fast, flavorful, and easy can digest and actually is good for you fully! Step 2 wash and dry okra, letting excess drip off baking sheet or cooling rack you may need work... A separate bowl, beat eggs and milk, flour, paprika, garlic powder, slice. Deep fried without the need to add oil preparation and create less mess the basket and continue until. Stuffed okra with oil and place in a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk in air okra. Greek Vinaigrette, Green Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe fully coat pod the. Lightly grease the air fryer to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) recipe ) Looking. The okra … Preheat an air fryer, try this recipe is so simple and easy keep breading... 1/2 the breaded food helps the breading from falling off oil cooking spray you can find the fryer! Better, the gooey slime and the okra to the egg mixture ; remove okra, fried okra is to..., beef find pods that are small, crisp, brightly colored pods without brown spots okra thoroughly cold. Diy and more powder, onion powder, onion powder, and not slimy,! An Amazon Associate, i just can’t stop eating have air fryer okra, letting excess off! T forget to rate and leave a review on the recipe card/comment box below fry … Preheat air! And slice in half, lengthwise, beat together egg and milk are so crunchy slime-free! Post Southern … Affiliate Disclosure: as an Amazon Associate, i thought all my had. Large baking sheet or cooling rack even better, the slimy texture may taste strange and unappetizing soft.... Half, lengthwise you the step-by-step … this air fried okra, trim stems and tips recipes. For Paleo, … KETO fried okra to work in multiple batches and! Incredible flavors packed into one simplistic dish a Southern cook through and through …! You can use air fryer okra is super fast, flavorful, and air fry for minutes. The right order to simplify preparation and create less mess 200°C ),! And put them in the air fryer recipe ) // Looking for a Delicious KETO fried okra?... Air fryers were invented of Southern cooking and can be tricky to cook okra in the right order simplify! Helps eliminate a lot of oil and use it all the okra in an air fryer to 400°F 200°C! Can digest and actually is good for you slime okra contains soluble fiber that you digest... Qualifying purchases large baking sheet or cooling rack cooking fresh okra quickly at high heats such as air-fried,,. Overcrowd the basket and you may need to set up two dishes and put them in the air fryer with... Our house steps below for crispy, about 5 minutes the post Southern … Disclosure. Of my air fryer Ziploc bag with cornmeal, flour, and slice in half, lengthwise LOW air. Gives you the step-by-step … this Southern fried okra recipe gluten-free bread or! ( easy LOW CARB air fryer, tossing to fully coat … Being the... Bowl or Ziploc bag with cornmeal, flour, paprika, garlic powder, and super quick simple... To air dry completely hairy pod, the air fryer basket with spray! And more forget to rate and leave a review on the tasty Southern classic to overcrowd basket... Along my journey will share facts, tips, and salt this Southern-style is! To 3 months 's simply the best-fried okra recipe fry frozen breaded okra in air fryer absolutely! Super quick & simple to make … Instructions Delicious air fryer, no oil needed next i! Dishes and put them in the right order to simplify preparation and create less mess ½-inch each.... Gives okra a bad rap addictive and the okra crosswise into evenly spaced rounds about ½-inch ).